#1 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 12:43:47 PM(UTC)
I'm brand new to SIM racing. Have used FM7 for several hours, using custom Freeplay. From what I can tell, once I have driven a track I cannot select it from track list again. Is this correct?

I was getting my butt kicked driving Hockenheim full in the rain. Had to stop, so exited the game, and now cannot see how the run that track again!

The dry tracks are not very challenging, I need to find out how to increase difficulty, but I need to get back to Hockenheim to see if I can figure out how to drive in the rain (I was all over the track 😀
It is strange that dry tracks I can often end up on the podium (on biginner settings), but was dead last all 4 times I tried Hockenheim - I can see how to restart a race as long as I don't move on to another track.

Any way to go back to a track again?

Thanks
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2020 3:22:39 PM(UTC)
In the Free Play menu, go to the Setup tab, then pick Race Setup.

At the top of the menu is a row of the available tracks. Just highlight the track you want to race on. There is a button (X on the Xbox) that will allow you to pick different versions (Short, Full, etc.) of that track. If you want to run a night or rainy race, there is a Track Scenario setting towards the middle of the Race Setup menu that will switch between Day/Night/Rain weather. Not all tracks will have Night or Rain available. There are other options, too, like number of AI drivers, number of laps, etc. Set them up however you want, then just hit Accept and you should be good to go.

Difficulty settings are adjusted from the Assists and Drivatar Difficulty menus, which are also on the Setup tab. These can also be changed mid-race from the pause menu.
#3 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2020 6:30:52 AM(UTC)
Ha! Perfect - thank you!
#4 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2020 1:08:07 PM(UTC)
Correction, it was Nuremberg in the rain :)
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2020 6:39:00 AM(UTC)
Hopefully it is just a one off buddy, no other menus in previous FM's have been as terribly laid out and unnecessarily convoluted as this, just wanting to set up a quick race shouldn't require so much faffing about.

And how anyone could think that changing everything when you get back to the menu from the race you just set up was a good idea is beyond me.
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 6:18:53 AM(UTC)
For starters Forza is not even remotely a sim. There is a reason why people who play forza and make LB times can't compete at the pro level of much more sim like games like GT Sport or True sims like AC, iRacing, etc.

Forgot to say that I'm willing to make a 10~ min vid that explains setting up freeplay races in forza since I do that all the time and stream occasionally. If you'd like for me to just say so and I'll do it for you.

Edited by user Thursday, October 22, 2020 6:21:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 8:50:38 AM(UTC)
I'm a little surprised nobody has mentioned the easiest method for repeating the same track/ set up again.

At the end of the race, simply select restart.

You get the same rewards screen as usual, then poof back to the same track & car etc as you started in. You can even leave the freeplay menu in between races and come back to find it on the same track layout etc.

I used to do this all the time, when we ran hot lap contests and used the freeplay boards to set the times.

Notification

Icon
Error