2 Pages12Next
 5 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 8:34:18 AM(UTC)
Hello Community.

I already apologize for the bad English...

Last week I tried to play my forza on a Saturday afternoon to relax. The game does not load. Crashs when loading the profile. There are many, many similar cases on the web. I scare.

I opened a Ticket and, in short, this is the support response ...

----"Hello,

----It sounds like your save file has been corrupted.

----As mentioned previously, there is no way to return the saved game. Please complete the steps provided and let me know when you've done so.

----Best Regards,
----Lyra"

And sorry. but seeing the answer as a "Sounds like" is proof that the attendants cannot do anything but copy and paste answers from the FAQ. They didn't even check the profile. Why do you ask for permission to check the profile when opening the ticket?

Look several times I had to reinstall the game, do bizarre procedures because the game chooses when to open, every update of windows or game update is a new prayer for the game to continue working.

I'm sure many here have been there. The game opens and closes automatically without an error message. and there the people will reinstall the game, reset data and even install any app from the store (how random is that?) for the game to open again. All of these problems have existed since forza horizon 3 (on the PC).

But unfortunately, I have to admit that the game is good. When you can play. But support is the worst you can have. They never help anyone with anything. It is a copy and paste festival from the FAQ. So you let it go and keep playing. But everything has a limit.

I bought Forza Horizon 4 at launch. I have more than 550 hours of game time. All cars, money accumulated because I don't spend anymore ... And the only solution they have to offer is to start all over again? Maybe throw another 500 hours of my life in the trash? Pray that it won't happen again?

I played some MMO games on alternative servers.
I stopped playing on these servers and went to the original just because I had a guaranteed save. The company provides a cloud service. Isn't it her responsibility to maintain the integrity of this data?

And the truth is that I never had any problems related to progress in any game again. NONE. Only the Forza Series. Yes it is not exclusive to Horizon 4. There are several similar cases in Horizon 3 and Motorsport 7.

My game opens if I turn off the internet. which means that my local save is OK. But apparently someone is playing with files in the cloud, right?

Anyway ... I just want to record my indignation and alert everyone here, your save of hundreds of hours can randomly "get corrupted" And you will have the same answer. Because they don't care.

I sincerely doubt that someone who has played hundreds of hours will accept starting from scratch and accepting it in a good way.

I just don't play anymore ... I don't buy anymore. If I can't have a simple save guarantee. Why not download the game from anywhere on the internet? For free? Did you know that in Brazil the value of this game is equivalent to more than a third of the minimum wage?

Very disappointed. WHAT is the difficulty of maintaining a backup of customer data? Whatever the date is ...

Anyway ... Sorry for the outburst. I don't even know if they will leave this post active ...

Im done with Forza. And sadly, it was The company itself forced me to do this
 3 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 8:57:42 AM(UTC)
I have around 1200 hours in Horizon 4 since i started playing December 2019.... Only reason i bought an Xbox to begin with.

If my cloud save file ever got deleted, i would feel exactly the same way as you do right now. Probably boycott Microsoft completely and buy a Playstation 5 instead of a Series X (seriously, not joking).

They need some kind of back-up, but doubtful it will ever come.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:01:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:22:13 AM(UTC)
The problem has been with many people since Horizon 3 and they never cared.

As I had the problem, I went to do a little research and it is scary the amount of people who have the problem ... and Nobody cares to fix it ...

It's just disregard ...
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 9:22:51 AM(UTC)
You must go to windows game support and call. Unfortunately, my call dropped and they didn't respond. They did however know exactly what the problem relates to - actually it is several things - and were prepared to troubleshoot. I asked them and they said the more people who call, the more likely it will get addressed so they lower costs... keep calling!!!
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 10:38:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sdhsonic Go to Quoted Post
You must go to windows game support and call. Unfortunately, my call dropped and they didn't respond. They did however know exactly what the problem relates to - actually it is several things - and were prepared to troubleshoot. I asked them and they said the more people who call, the more likely it will get addressed so they lower costs... keep calling!!!

I'm from Brazil.

It is not viable to call support via phone.

It's enough that we don't have support in our language, even though the game is sold in it.

But so far so good ...

You have the ticket platform available for this ... But there is no point in having the platform if the attendants, besides not having the knowledge to do anything.

They still do not give you any alternative or attempt to show any concern for the customer.

The real thing is this: "If you want to play, you'll have to start again, we can't do anything about it" ... And that's it, that's the answer from the official support.

Do you have any idea that FOrza is a Microsoft game, which is a reference in Cloud services, and they can't keep the integrity of a 150mb save and don't even have a BKP option even if it's monthly? Knowing that they are not competent to guarantee the integrity of these saves? Just look at how many people have the problem.

And here I'm just talking about the problem with the save.

And the randomness of the game's problems does not start for other reasons? The constant disconnections of multiple players? They know that they cannot provide a decent service and yet they do not mind creating alternatives to get around these problems and keep consumers ... And to make matters worse you have the arrogant posture of support that have the sole function of choosing the FAQ part that they think is best suited to your problem.

In my Ticket, I informed that my game would load normally if I entered the game disconnected from the internet. Do you think someone verified this information? of course not ... So much so that their answer was: "PROBABLY your savegame is corrupted". It's absurd...

Don't they know that many players only have xbox to play Forza? This attitude only brings happiness to the Competitor who will win several customers. Who has this kind of problem usually does not come back ...

2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 12:25:00 PM(UTC)
for Horizon 3 there was a 3rd party backup solution.
This was then blocked, presumably under pressure from Microsoft.

With a PC you can still create a backup of the savegame and restore it.
But it is relatively complex, so that it never fits into a FAQ. Always remember how many users with little PC knowledge are playing the game. That would blow the support effort. Therefore the simple solution "Reset the savegame" is the simpler option.
This solution also has disadvantages, since the reset is not complete (some settings are server-based saved, which are not deleted).
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 6:13:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spatz971 Go to Quoted Post
for Horizon 3 there was a 3rd party backup solution.
This was then blocked, presumably under pressure from Microsoft.

With a PC you can still create a backup of the savegame and restore it.
But it is relatively complex, so that it never fits into a FAQ. Always remember how many users with little PC knowledge are playing the game. That would blow the support effort. Therefore the simple solution "Reset the savegame" is the simpler option.
This solution also has disadvantages, since the reset is not complete (some settings are server-based saved, which are not deleted).

I don't see it as a "simpler" solution.

I see it as a lazy and disrespectful solution. The problem must be verified.

I can even agree that the option to simply reset the save may be the best option for some cases. And that she must be informed. But for those who have progress of tens and even hundreds of hours. This solution only causes revolt and makes customers catch the hate of the brand ... And here it goes, Turn10, Playground and even Microsoft itself.

The problem of the people must be checked. This is the point. Shouldn't support do that?

The support did not evaluate, did not give options and did not have a minimum of respect with me.

This is my revolt ... And I am not the first and I will not be the last ...

Someone spends 2 years making progress and for a company mistake, should that person accept that starting over is a solution? Does Microsoft not know what Backup is?
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 8:30:43 PM(UTC)
They’re gonna lock this thread and tell you to contact support. 😂

I agree with you though. I have about 400 hours in and no way I would restart if I lost my save.
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2020 9:50:40 PM(UTC)
FH4 is associated to game pass thus to players coming FH to play a few hours and leave, that is the target. Despite they did many things using fan base pressure to make some things happen ( rivals, ffa ... ) , it remains clear to me that priority is Eliminator which is Game Pass short term players "thing".

Looks to me as FH journey is coming to an end. All signs are there for anyone willing to consider those.

The only hope we can have on the saves/backup subject, if one, is Motorsport. If saves issue becomes visible enough ( youtubers ... ), then, FH could inherit the fix. Sadly, I guess that, if this happen, FH could be long time buried.

1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 10:52:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
FH4 is associated to game pass thus to players coming FH to play a few hours and leave, that is the target. Despite they did many things using fan base pressure to make some things happen ( rivals, ffa ... ) , it remains clear to me that priority is Eliminator which is Game Pass short term players "thing".

Looks to me as FH journey is coming to an end. All signs are there for anyone willing to consider those.

The only hope we can have on the saves/backup subject, if one, is Motorsport. If saves issue becomes visible enough ( youtubers ... ), then, FH could inherit the fix. Sadly, I guess that, if this happen, FH could be long time buried.

The Youtuber Don JoeWon Song's lost his save.

He is one of the main creators of Forza content that is not made for children.

I don't even know the end of this story, but I'm sure he had options given by the developer...

Regarding the franchise ... Forza is the best racing game (for control and that is not a complete simulator) available. It won't end, because they have no valid competitor ...

Don't get me wrong. The game is wonderful. The support that is shameful. Disrespectful. But my concept will remember only the anger I went through.

A lot of people buy XBOX just to play FORZA (As there are people who buy the competitor just to play GT). These issues even affect console sales. Everyone knows that Forza is exclusive to XBOX and that he is from Microsoft. There is no way not to associate.

I'm in F1 because he is the only one who has decent physics. But when a decent competitor appears, if they continue with this ridiculous support and treatment to customers, it really ends ... Many companies are forced to learn that most customers don't like being treated like trash.

2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 12:50:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DavenDaniels Go to Quoted Post

as far as I know, he was (unjustifiably) banned. the ban was then lifted again.
the ban means that all shared designs / tunings are unshared.
 3 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 1:11:53 PM(UTC)

as far as I know, he was (unjustifiably) banned. the ban was then lifted again.
the ban means that all shared designs / tunings are unshared.

This problem with Ban is more recent. Which reaffirms the guys' incompetence in dealing with things.

The save case I saw when I was looking for solutions before deciding not to play a franchise that doesn't guarantee me the service I paid for.

And I will explain myself here. Forza does not have a manual save option. You cannot create two or more different saves. The only option is the save managed by them, so the responsibility should be theirs, it is very easy to offer a service, charge for it and say you are not responsible for it.

Or will anyone agree that the game's progress is not part of the advertised and sold package? Progress, Cars, Tunings, Designs, Routes and etc ...

I saw that case HERE...

I didn't do any more research and I don't even know if it happened or what was done. I just read the Post.
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 1:30:27 PM(UTC)
the thread was 3 years old = FH3.
the savegame error is a typical fh4 problem, FH3 or FM7 not so much affected.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 4:45:35 PM(UTC)
the thread was 3 years old = FH3.
the savegame error is a typical fh4 problem, FH3 or FM7 not so much affected.

No it's not a typical FH 4 problem...

It's a Forza problem... The system is exactly the same as the problems. Is it that hard?

But maybe because of these statements I understand why the support is so indifferent ... There are people who like to take it in their faces ...

Look at the argument that people focus on... It was an example and it does not change anything that happened in the past WEEK with me. And what happens to several other people. So a report of a problem with save on FH3 is actually something else because you are saying it was not a typical problem? My God...

Edited by user Tuesday, September 22, 2020 4:51:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 11:10:59 PM(UTC)
the number is decisive in order to take appropriate measures.
of course, appropriate measures always take into account the cost and effort involved.

and if you would take a closer look, you would find that I am there with you. the backup takes place in the cloud anyway. and that there is no backup at all, I can not imagine.

only the effort to play files back and then to get them cleanly into the forza system is the next hurdle.

the same applies to your own, self-made backups.
this cannot be explained to everyone. and if something goes wrong, the support effort is higher (= higher costs).

if you look at the proportions of the answers and reaction times from the support, then they have been understaffed from the start and / or have too few options. In other words, the support to change / correct things is limited. Transferring all tickets to 3rd level support is also not possible or desired.

even if you don't want to hear it: in the end you are an exception in relation to all the players.
With around 10 million players, 10,000 cases are just small.
 3 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 12:30:18 AM(UTC)
DavenDaniels wrote:
But unfortunately, I have to admit that the game is good...they can't keep the integrity of a 150mb save...Don't they know that many players only have xbox to play Forza?...Im done with Forza. And sadly, it was The company itself forced me to do this

I've played all the Forza games except FM1. I've also played Need For Speed Heat, Gran Turismo, GT Sport, Grand Theft Auto and many others. The games I've enjoyed and played most are without doubt GTA and Forza but I've only ever played FH4 on a console.

It sounds as though you are playing Forza on a PC and whilst playing on a console is not perfect, it does seem that PC owners have more problems.

Microsoft take the view that since games are saved on the player's hard drive and the cloud, a backup option is not necessary. For my own peace of mind I try to backup any game I've spent a major amount of time playing although I can see that some game producers would not want to allow any system which could be hacked.

A 150mb (megabit) save seems too small whilst a 150MB (megabyte) is possibly too large.

It sounds as though you have given up on the game but if you decide to raise a further ticket you might get a better outcome if you focus solely on saves. You say that you can play the game normally offline. Many PC owners have commented that a lot happens in the background and problems can be caused by switching off a PC before it has completed all these. Have you tried starting the game offline, completing a couple of challenges, going online, quitting the game properly and leaving the PC on for say 30 minutes to make sure it has completed all the background tasks? Completely switch off the PC and do not try the game again for 24 hours. Do you get any notifications regarding syncing? Could it be a Windows/Cloud problem?

Edited by user Wednesday, September 23, 2020 9:51:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 7:06:14 AM(UTC)
Duplicate post... Sorry about that

Edited by user Wednesday, September 23, 2020 7:12:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Duplicate post

1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 7:09:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post

It sounds as though you have given up on the game but if you decide to raise a further ticket you might get a better outcome if you focus solely on saves. You say that you can play the game normally offline. Many PC owners have commented that a lot happens in the background and problems can be caused by switching off a PC before it has completed all these. Have you tried starting the game offline, completing a couple of challenges, going online, quitting the game properly and leaving the PC on for say 30 minutes to make sure it has completed all the background tasks? Completely switch off the PC and do not try the game again for 24 hours. Do you get any notifications regarding syncing? Could it be a Windows/Cloud problem?

Yes I tried that. And it was reported on TIcket.

Even playing for a few minutes, usually. When the network cable is connected. the game closes. Crash.

Given this, how could it be just a connection problem. I logged in with another account. Without reinstalling anything.

And it run normally. Online, no crashs.

They didn't try to do anything. They just said that the save was corrupted and it's over. That I should do the procedure to completely delete the local and cloud save, and start again. That they couldn't do anything.

But as someone said up there, it happens to a minority ... so they don't have to do anything. What a beautiful support concept. And there are still those who defend it. So sad...

And the point of Backup is that whenever you start the game. Saves are synchronized.

So if saving from the cloud is a problem, even while you are not playing, that was my case. When you start your game the local save will also be a problem. Because it will sync.

Lately I was playing only on Saturday. The previous Saturday I played normally. The next Saturday I tried to start and...

And the first procedure that they will request and exactly reset the data. Which will delete the local save.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 23, 2020 7:10:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 9:53:38 AM(UTC)

My game opens if I turn off the internet. which means that my local save is OK.

I'm confused. When you say your local save is OK and you can play the game offline, are you certain that everything is normal, i.e. money, number of cars and other stats?

Presumably you're not banned or have tried to back up the save and moved the original?

As a non PC player for me the logical thing to try would be to start the game offline and play for a while if possible. This would force the game to update the local save on the PC's hard drive. If you start and remain offline the game can't update the cloud and when you next start the game it should either use the most recent save or give you the option on which save to use. If the save in the cloud is corrupted there are suggestions on the internet on ways of deleting cloud saves. Some PC owners have successfully backed up the local save and replaced it but some struggle with the procedures.

Hope you get some success in whatever you try.
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 10:28:58 AM(UTC)
I am also having the same problem, coincidentally also from Brazil, the game was working perfectly fine before did some of the seasons playlist stopped playing for 3 days then went back to complete the rest and the game crashes and after that i get a profile invalid as it seems the crash corrupted the save in the cloud, contacted support and they tell me to reset the app and start a new game offline, play a bit then reconect to the internet to sync. But as soon as i connect to the internet the game crashes again.

So i lose my progress and can't even play the game atleat not online it seems, while offline seems to work, being restricted to offline as if i was playing a pirated copy it's not acceptable when i even payed for the Ultimate edition.
And why does Microsoft a Billion dollar company can't keep a backup of the cloud saves in case they get corrupted seems strange.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 10:59:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post

I'm confused. When you say your local save is OK and you can play the game offline, are you certain that everything is normal, i.e. money, number of cars and other stats?

Presumably you're not banned or have tried to back up the save and moved the original?

As a non PC player for me the logical thing to try would be to start the game offline and play for a while if possible. This would force the game to update the local save on the PC's hard drive. If you start and remain offline the game can't update the cloud and when you next start the game it should either use the most recent save or give you the option on which save to use. If the save in the cloud is corrupted there are suggestions on the internet on ways of deleting cloud saves. Some PC owners have successfully backed up the local save and replaced it but some struggle with the procedures.

Hope you get some success in whatever you try.

Yea. if I started the game offline everything was there.

Only all online features would be disabled.

I actually tried what you said. After playing offline for some time. I did about 2 runs. I redid the BKP, reset the data and replace the save files.

Same problem ... I believe that the error was something related to server synchronization and connection. But since it happened only with my main account (with another account everything ran normally), it must be some connection information but that is inserted in the save. And when you try to connect to the server, there is an error and the game crashes.

And it's not a matter of BAN. The game crashes before it starts. And I only tried these BKP procedures after contacting support. Already in despair. No error message. I believe that when you are a ban you can play normally. it just leaves some features disabled.

For me to be able to play offline I removed the network cable after the initial screen and before the login screen.

But I will never know for sure. Support doesn't verify anything ...

Edited by user Wednesday, September 23, 2020 11:06:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 1:05:45 PM(UTC)
I redid the BKP, reset the data and replace the save files.

just so that I understand.
which BKP procedures did you use where?

#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 4:28:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: lm Arya Stark Go to Quoted Post

just so that I understand.
which BKP procedures did you use where?

Just copy the save folder to a separate location ...

If you want to know the folder is:

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData

...the "wgs" folder is the savegame.

The option to show hidden files must be enabled
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 6:40:14 AM(UTC)
the positive news: I think you can restore your savegame.

the negative news. With what you have done so far and your approach, I don't trust you to do that.

you have only mastered 1 of 3 (or 4, this depends on how you count) steps.
and as has already been said here, the whole process is a bit more complex.
And I am not at all surprised that the support does not help you here either, if there was already messing around with the savegame.
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 8:54:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: lm Arya Stark Go to Quoted Post
the positive news: I think you can restore your savegame.

the negative news. With what you have done so far and your approach, I don't trust you to do that.

you have only mastered 1 of 3 (or 4, this depends on how you count) steps.
and as has already been said here, the whole process is a bit more complex.
And I am not at all surprised that the support does not help you here either, if there was already messing around with the savegame.

Just Ok hahahahahaha

Oh my god...

I'm very sad that you don't trust me /cry. And so sad for you...

no time and no patience to feed this hehhehehe

Enjoy your game. Be happy. And I really hope you don't have any problems with the game and you don't even need support ... if you play ...

2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error