#1 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 1:14:39 AM(UTC)
I noticed this everywhere, be it campaign, free play or rivals. For the first few laps it records the times and shows them correctly but at some point, even when I do a new lap(in the same session) with shorter time than the displayed best lap, the best lap time fails to update.
For example, on Americas full circuit, I had a best time of 1min 16s. Then I did a lap with 1 min 8s. But after completing the lap, when I paused the game, the scoreboard still shows 1min. 16s as my best time. This persists even after doing multiple laps that are all faster than the old one.
I have confirmed that my internet connection is fine and I am connected to online features. My game is up to date(though this used to happen before as well).

Then the same thing happened in rivals. I am comfortably beating players and all of a sudden my best lap does not update. As a result, the game thinks I "lost" against a ghost that finished almost 3 full seconds after me. My lap times are being recorded alright as I get the notification for last lap after completing each one. But the last lap is not set as the best lap even when it is significantly faster.
On any track I pick, after a point I am unable to progress higher in spite of having lapped faster than the shown rival record.
#2 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 7:47:22 AM(UTC)
Just checking that you know about 'clean' & 'dirty' lap times.

A 'clean' laptime will always be faster according to the leaderboards than a dirty time. So if you set a clean lap in the 1:16's then later go faster but the game has classified the newer time as dirty, then it won't update.

Look out for the little warning symbol (in rivals) next to your current lap time. You can dirty the last section of the previous lap & this will automatically flag your next lap time as dirty*. So you may have made no mistakes on that lap but it still will be slower than your previous 'clean' time whatever that may have been.

This is in theory to stop shenanigans, where the last corner of the lap could be cut substantially, to launch you in to the lap quicker. In multiplayer & career / free run there is also drafting (& you being drafted can dirty your lap).

Hope that makes sense/ helps.

Cheers

D

*If the mistake was close enough to the start finish line, you could rewind past the mistake(then run it clean) and start with a clean lap on the next lap. However using rewind during the current lap will flag that as 'dirty' as well.

1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 10:07:45 PM(UTC)
Oh I did not know about that. Have to go and read it up.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 10:35:52 PM(UTC)
Couple of tips;

If you're running in rivals have rewinds turned on - at least that way, should you go off track enough to dirty the lap - you will get a message asking if you want to rewind - another heads up that you've voided the clean time. So if it's a pretty intense section of the course, you don't always need to keep an eye out for the warning triangle for being dirty.

Certain assists will also mean your times won't post - friction assist for one - not sure about the 'super easy' ones as well.

If you want to post clean times to the career/ free play leaderboards, would suggest running the races in freeplay and having collisions off. It'll mean you don't have to worry about the drafting side of things plus you can concentrate on your lines and not worry about the AI too much.

The rivals leaderboards are separate boards and can only be run in rivals. The career boards and freeplay boards have times for homologated times and everything else.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 10:42:57 PM(UTC)
ok
I have no assists except for normal steering.
I sometimes lose traction and skid for a second or two; also I curb a lot of turns, but not excessively. I mean just putting two side wheels on the curb for a bit while coming out of a corner. Nowhere as aggressive as seen in real track though.
Is this still enough to dirty my lap, assuming I have no one drafting me?

Edited by user Tuesday, September 15, 2020 10:53:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 7:20:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sarathTheGREAT Go to Quoted Post
ok
I have no assists except for normal steering.
I sometimes lose traction and skid for a second or two; also I curb a lot of turns, but not excessively. I mean just putting two side wheels on the curb for a bit while coming out of a corner. Nowhere as aggressive as seen in real track though.
Is this still enough to dirty my lap, assuming I have no one drafting me?

Yes that could do it. It is stricter than real life. You will see a triangle next to your track time if it is dirty. The limits on the curbs vary from track to track. You can turn on track limits in the options in the hud setting. The blue line defining the limit will turn red when you dirty the lap. Yellow is ok but close to dirty.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2020 7:22:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 7:21:34 PM(UTC)
i see

Notification

Icon
Error