#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 7:35:28 AM(UTC)
If we have to suffer another year of Motorsport 7, you would think Turn10 would give us some small bug fix patches if nothing else.

We've had no update for over a year now.

Forza Horizon 4 is getting a 120FPS mode and other upgrades for Xbox Series X, so why doesn't Motorsport 7 get the same?
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 8:29:59 AM(UTC)
As far as I know there is no firm date for the next game, so could be 12 months, could be more/ could be less.

Playground develop Horizon & may not have the full team dedicated to working on their next edition yet but I would assume all Turn 10 hands are working on the next game - so spending development time on upgrading FM7 would potentially only slow the release of the next edition further.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 10:07:29 AM(UTC)
I guess 24 months at least and you are right, Motorsport should get some tuning too like Horizon.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 10:57:23 AM(UTC)
They closed the code base going on a year ago now. They might not even have the source code on hand anymore, let alone having any of it fresh enough in their minds to begin tinkering with it. They're going to be focusing on the next release, and I wouldn't expect them to make any changes to the previous ones.
#5 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 1:31:56 AM(UTC)
I just wish they would add a car or two, just to keep us going until FM8, maybe the A80 Supra and Lexus LFA like they did for Horizon 4.
#6 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 9:24:19 AM(UTC)
They should put back ALL the cars from the Specialty Dealer and Forzathons with cars with different/maximum scores, that way they would incentivize players to keep getting into the game... as with FH4 and seasonal challenges. It's a shame to start playing a game late and see that you can't get a lot of exclusive cars unless you put tons of hours into the auction house (even then you won't get them all).
#7 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 10:30:21 AM(UTC)
What cars are you missing? I thought you could just buy just about anything now? The only thing speciality dealer gives you is a marginally higher collector score, which doesn't really matter in any real sense. So someone coming late to the game isn't missing out on anything useful really.
#8 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 11:16:13 AM(UTC)
No player loses any car, what he does lose is the opportunity to get cars with a different score than the normal ones, which are considered rarities and therefore are "limited".

That is exactly what I want, cars with different/maximum score and cars from the specialty dealer to reach garage level 47. I still have to get 46 cars from the specialty dealer and 4 cars with different/maximum score... It may seem silly, but when it comes to a Forza I like to have everything.

Apart from the fact that I want that, as I say, it is a good way to continue encouraging players to continue playing.
#9 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 11:58:25 AM(UTC)
Well, everyone is different I suppose. I'm glad they eventually unlocked all the cars, never been bothered by collector tier but did like to own all the cars. Especially when they were drip feeding some cars in the early game, that was frustrating.

Anywho I still can't see them dedicating much time to tweaking FM7, it already had a much longer support cycle than most & with covid & next gen hardware to contend with, expect them to have most if not all resources targetting the next edition.
#10 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 1:59:07 PM(UTC)
Because they simply do not care which they showed with this games release and how little they did to fix most of the glaring issues. The fact that they don't even balance this game and actually fix it should show you how little they care. There is no such thing as perfection, but when a car like the Miata 90s is dominating the leaderboards in 3 classes, that car is clearly broken.

Notification

Icon
Error