22 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2020 12:54:22 PM(UTC)
Great to see everyone back.
After a bit of time messing around with the VW Corrado, switched to the BMW and posted 2:17.353

Odin, I've started my new Xbox fund the other day, just have to decide whether the Series X is worth the extra money
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2020 2:59:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Great to see everyone back.
After a bit of time messing around with the VW Corrado, switched to the BMW and posted 2:17.353

Odin, I've started my new Xbox fund the other day, just have to decide whether the Series X is worth the extra money

You should bear in mind that the new Forza Motorsport game won't run on the XBox One Rob.
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2020 3:51:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
Forza Motorsport game won't run on the XBox One

Release date would be nice.

I don't really care if they say it's 2022. It's pretty obvious it's not going to be a Series X/S release title. However, I can make it MY release title - buy only buying the next-gen console when Forza Motorsport releases. I'm happy to do this as Forza is what I enjoy.

It would be nice to know if it's 2021, 2022....I'm not that bothered when....but I'd like to know......you know?

2 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2020 4:17:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: razzitGT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
Forza Motorsport game won't run on the XBox One

Release date would be nice.

I don't really care if they say it's 2022. It's pretty obvious it's not going to be a Series X/S release title. However, I can make it MY release title - buy only buying the next-gen console when Forza Motorsport releases. I'm happy to do this as Forza is what I enjoy.

It would be nice to know if it's 2021, 2022....I'm not that bothered when....but I'd like to know......you know?

No-one knows for sure, but if my OneX packed in next week I wouldn't be rushing out to replace it with another when the new box is so close to launch. When the new game does eventually launch I'll be wanting the new box immediately.
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2020 4:21:39 PM(UTC)
Hi Folks!

Need the preferred Driving VIEW for the following Drivers.... (1) Criminal, (2) R5R Indy, (3) SatinIce

Thanks!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2020 11:37:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Hi Folks!

Need the preferred Driving VIEW for the following Drivers.... (1) Criminal, (2) R5R Indy, (3) SatinIce

Thanks!

PRKid

Hi Kid. Good to see you guys again. Preferred view is Chase far. Always used to use chase near but since i've spent a lot of time in Leagues and the hoppers, i've found that chase far gave you a bit more notice of when you were going to be wiped out by corner dive bombers ;). Also, checked the Leaderboard and i use a pad not a wheel. Awesome job btw.

Busy boy over the next few days, but i can see that the Civic 97 is the car to be in. Will have to rustle something up. Shame, the BMW is a fun car to really push.

#32 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 10:22:32 AM(UTC)
Just done some test laps in the Honda 97 - ran the tune that Coop is using on the night track and managed 2:15.933 - which is quicker than my day time in the '07 by .6 or so - assuming that I can go quicker in the day time by 2ish seconds looking at comparative times from other guys on the lb's - will probably be running that on some longer runs over the weekend.

Might be able to put some pressure on Foot & Wan Ge if all my assumptions are not too far off.
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 10:34:01 AM(UTC)
I did some racing in the HLR Series 2 Hotlap.

So I want to try the HLC 4:

I ran the 97 Honda Civic Type R in Rivals and got a 2:16.309 using Boost Syndicate's tune.

I race with the TMX Pro racing wheel with the 3 pedals.

"Hood" view is the best for me.
I am on HLR Moss's Friend list.
Is there anyone else that I need to be "Friends" with?
"Unofficial Senior Citizen" of Forza Motorsport
"Still racing at 83 years Young. Will it ever end?"
I have been a member since:
Friday, July 15, 2005 3:39:56 PM
#34 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 10:49:30 AM(UTC)
You don't 'need' to be friends with anyone really - but it helps just to keep track of where people are in comparison to you & who you might want to be aiming for time wise. If you look at the LB in the first post, you'll see the current racers times & can follow any of them to add additional times to your rivals list.

Pretty sure you know all this but just in case, good to have you onboard Tomcat.
#35 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 11:19:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: R5R Indy Go to Quoted Post

Hi Kid. Good to see you guys again. Preferred view is Chase far. Always used to use chase near but since i've spent a lot of time in Leagues and the hoppers, i've found that chase far gave you a bit more notice of when you were going to be wiped out by corner dive bombers ;).

Got it, thanks!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#36 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 11:46:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EZT TomCat7 Go to Quoted Post
I did some racing in the HLR Series 2 Hotlap.

So I want to try the HLC 4:

I ran the 97 Honda Civic Type R in Rivals and got a 2:16.309 using Boost Syndicate's tune.

I race with the TMX Pro racing wheel with the 3 pedals.

"Hood" view is the best for me.
I am on HLR Moss's Friend list.
Is there anyone else that I need to be "Friends" with?

Got you down! Thanks for joining us.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 12:02:57 PM(UTC)
Ran the '07 civic again, scraped 2:16.0XX could potentially go another .5 or so quicker on a really good run was up and down on that lap.
 2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 1:22:07 PM(UTC)
Same deal as before. Always Driver cam, always wheel, always hardcore, DEATH BEFORE AERO!, etc.

Running a Clio again. Didn't even try anything else. Started off with my build from Indy last season, but decided to try a full weight reduction build on Street tires and had a bit better luck with it. I think the more even weight distribution makes the staggered tire setup a bit more bearable, which is really the Clio's only downside. Well, that and it's a Chonkzilla. How the hell can a purpose-built subcompact track car weigh 3 grand?

[Previous] Current best: 2:16.7

Can probably dip into the high 2:15 range with it. Setup really needs a thorough going-over, but I'm going to attempt to fiddle around less and drive more this time around.

== Edit to add

Gave in to necessity and clicked the brakes from 44% to 45%. Car really needs about 44.7%, but we make do with what we have. Setup should be as set as it's going to get now (see also: "fiddle less, drive more"). It's well balanced, fairly controllable (it is still MR), and has a surprisingly good amount of front grip at speed given the weight distribution and available tire selection. There's a bit of a fine line between maintaining traction and sliding, though, so you have to be careful not to push it too hard or you'll lose the fronts and slide off into the weeds. Uploaded as HLC S4.01 NGP v2 if anyone wants to take it for a spin.

[Current] Current best: 2:15.9

== End edit

Originally Posted by: R5R Indy Go to Quoted Post
Busy boy over the next few days, but i can see that the Civic 97 is the car to be in. Will have to rustle something up. Shame, the BMW is a fun car to really push.

Run the Bimmer if you want to run the Bimmer. There's still a ton of fun to be had pushing a suboptimal car around, even if you'll never see the top half the the leaderboard in it. Hell, I'm driving a no aero/Street tire Clio. Can't get much more suboptimal than that.

Edited by user Saturday, September 12, 2020 6:19:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 11:39:58 AM(UTC)
Did about 12 laps in my '97 Civic, then switched to my BMW for about 20 laps and managed a 2.17:596
There is a lot more in it, but I really struggled with finding back the FM7 feel.
Been hanging around so long in Horizon 4 with awd bonanza, that the FWD and RWD and actual track driving takes a a while to get into.
Looking at sector times, I should be able to get into mid 2.16 with that tune. That will be the goal for the week.
Had fun chasing Rob around this afternoon , but just nudged a curb too much in a couple of faster laps.

We will get the Series X at launch (two of them actually, one for my dad and one for me) so we will get back into driving together and against each other.
Looking forward to that.

Edited by user Saturday, September 12, 2020 11:46:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 10:14:14 AM(UTC)
Managed 2:13.903 in the '97 Civic, looked at the LB & oh boy, some of you guys are flying. Fair play guys, well done.
 3 users liked this post.
#41 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 12:53:55 PM(UTC)
Hey fella's, its real good to see you back. I've jumped straight into the 97 Civic. Kicked off with 02:12.5. 👍🏎🏎

Down to 02:12.07.

Edited by user Sunday, September 13, 2020 2:05:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 3:58:10 PM(UTC)
Good to be back! 😄👍

Starting off with a 2:12.378 in the Civic. Still using controller.
 2 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 11:25:36 AM(UTC)
Time update 2:13564 (Kid I'm now in the '97 Civic) - been in the 2:12's just manage to dirty the lap somewhere each time.

There's a couple of corners I just can't get right, do o.k. in the early part of the course and it all slowly slips away lol. Been a few car lengths ahead of some of the ghosts I've chased and just start to see them reel me in as the lap goes on. Unfortunately, I tend to push a bit too hard through some corners in an effort to make up time and lose time or dirty the lap as a result.

Good course & class choice for all my shortcomings - been enjoying getting some laps in.
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 11:45:02 AM(UTC)
Switched to the car of choice, the Honda Civic '97 - down to 2:16.250
#45 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 4:34:17 PM(UTC)
The Civics in all years were a joy to drive...... especially the ‘07. The default 😗’97 was driven hard but I got my PB with the BMW 323ti..... and considering how hard I had to dig that is a monumental achievement!

Official time.... Ring GP..... HLR BURNINASPHALT...... BMW 323 ti Sport..... 2:19:854 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 12:00:20 PM(UTC)
The turnout was good for week 1. Can we match it in week 2?

The final leaderboard:

1st place: Soarer2JZTT

2nd place: iHoBo xx

3rd place: xAlea Jacta Est

Great driving guys!

For week 2 we are off to Rio to run a track suggested by Mr Pinstripes.

Week 2
Rio Coast, C500, Cars restricted to Sport Compact Icons Division
Event will close on Wednesday, 23rd September at 9pm UK time.

We will track your times here - HLC Leaderboard .

The Sport Compact Icons

2005 Mazda Mazdaspeed MX-5
2005 SUBARU Legacy B4 2.0 GT
2005 Dodge SRT-4 ACR
2003 Nissan Fairlady Z
2002 BMW Z3 M Coupe
2002 Acura RSX Type-S
2001 Acura Integra Type-R
2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R
2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R FE
2000 Honda Prelude Type SH
1998 Nissan Silvia K's Aero
1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo
1997 Mazda RX-7
1997 Mitsubishi GTO
1996 SUBARU SVX
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata
1994 Nissan Silvia K's
1994 Honda Prelude Si
1993 Nissan 240SX SE
1992 Nissan Silvia CLUB K's
1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata
1990 Mazda Savanna RX-7
1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R
1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio Verde
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1980 SUBARU BRAT GL
1980 SUBARU BRAT GL FE

28 cars. The Acura Integra is currently the highest placed car in the division, but the Mazdas have done well on previous outings, and will probably be strong again.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2020 12:04:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 12:53:25 PM(UTC)
Might run a RX-7 for this. Probably the '85. We'll see. It may sound odd given that I own one, but I don't enjoy driving the Miatas much in this game. Forza just doesn't do them any justice.
 2 users liked this post.
#48 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 1:29:25 PM(UTC)
Surprised I came out on top in Week 1 as FWD cars are usually my kryptonite. Props to all the drivers competing.

Thanks to HLR for starting this HLC again much appreciated. This will keep us going until FM8 :) .
#49 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 1:45:24 PM(UTC)
I already had time on this track but managed to set a new PB of 54:5 in a Mazda mx5 '94 - frustrating set of laps though, major oversteer issues on corner exit left me spearing in to the wall on a number of laps. It's a wheel thing lol.

If anyone has any tips for tuning that out - particularly when using a wheel, would appreciate it. I can just nurse the go pedal a bit more but it goes against all my instincts lol.
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 2:59:14 PM(UTC)
Good week guys, first time on Forza in what may be like a year and that may of only been for a day or 2. It does takes some time to get any sort of consistency for a 2min+ lap lol ran a high .7 with a rewind struggled for clean laps though on that chicane happy with a .9 though for a track i'm not particularly keen on. GG's Soarer great time lots of new faces on the Forza scene from when i used to play a lot sure i'll be seeing a lot more of you in FM8 if they manage to nail a good game from the get go and not repairing the damage they did for 2 years.

Looking forward to Rio Coast looking like top times going to be the Integra, this was actually a LB i wanted to do way back pretty stacked top page always down for this sort of competition.

Also forgot if i tune a car this week i'll remember to save it before i run a time so when i share it shows on the LB's for you guys

Edited by user Wednesday, September 16, 2020 3:00:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

22 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error