22 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#226 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2020 10:39:29 PM(UTC)
Thanks PR Kid. Ps. getting into the 52s in the 787B is a great achievement.
P class was my thing but been away from Forza 7 for about a year. The 787b, Aston Martin, Nissan, Peugeot (hard to tune) Jaguar and possibly the Merc C9 which is dominant in P class due to mid to top end power but looses out on tight tracks are my picks. All can be tuned to perform well here. It will be an early prototype car. Do not be swayed by the aliens in the Peugeot. Scottsin loves that car and Is crazy fast. Special monetary prize for anyone who can knock him off the number one and keep him off once he realises!

Have fun.
 1 user liked this post.
#227 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 5:07:31 AM(UTC)
2 laps..... new PB with C9.... 47:575.... 😎

It seems to love this track but I want to try others too....
 2 users liked this post.
#228 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 5:33:16 AM(UTC)
Congrats to the top guys last week! I tried for a little while last night but just couldn't manage to join up a whole lap AND not dirty the hairpin :(

This week is certainly a big change, everything happens way too quickly for my liking... as DamMe said I found an old tune with a Moss livery on it so had to go with that for my first run. Didn't pay attention to my time, but hopefully get another session or two in before next Wednesday. Good luck!
Alfa Romeo - "Making drivers into mechanics since 1910"
 1 user liked this post.
#229 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 6:17:15 AM(UTC)
Thanks also to Barney for reminding of the Aston...... like the C9 it seems to love this track. BUT it stomps it too..... I just ran a 45:411 with it on Free Play. Tested a few from Forza P1 division here and the immediate takeaway is that the Early Prototypes will be dominant.
#230 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 6:25:34 AM(UTC)
And Barney I forgot to say, the Aston has your tune on it..... labeled “Better” 😀
#231 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 9:42:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BARNYCULL Go to Quoted Post
Thanks PR Kid. Ps. getting into the 42s in the 787B is a great achievement.

....👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#232 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 11:59:47 AM(UTC)
In an AMR tuned by Barnycull - 45.201
#233 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 12:16:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
And Barney I forgot to say, the Aston has your tune on it..... labeled “Better” 😀

Thanks. I spent a bit of time on that car but not for this track. If I revisit that car for this track l will put it up. The Mazda and Jag are worth looking at. Let me know if you want a tune for either.
#234 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 12:55:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
In an AMR tuned by Barnycull - 45.201

Now down to 44.798
#235 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 3:12:34 PM(UTC)

Thanks. I spent a bit of time on that car but not for this track. If I revisit that car for this track l will put it up. The Mazda and Jag are worth looking at. Let me know if you want a tune for either.

I would be honored to pilot your Mazda. 😀 The Jag and I didn’t get along unfortunately..... ☹️

#236 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 3:26:34 PM(UTC)
Once upon a time, a much younger and more unemployed version of me ran a F1 car around Gran Turismo 4's version of the 'Ring in just under 5 minutes. He made one bobble just after Mutkurve that almost cost him the lap (and did cost him a few seconds), but other than that it was a pretty solid run. 40-year-old me thinks back on that and believes he could still pull it off if he had the free time.

Then we run Plaid-class cars on something innocuous like Road Atlanta and it feels like trying to navigate a light cycle maze from Tron with the VCR stuck in fast forward. Then 40-year-old me realizes there's no way in hell he's ever getting close to 4:59 on the 'Ring ever again in his life, regardless of how unemployed he becomes.

On that note...

Current best: 0:46.x

Edited by user Thursday, October 22, 2020 3:28:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#237 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 6:56:15 PM(UTC)

I would be honored to pilot your Mazda. 😀 The Jag and I didn’t get along unfortunately..... ☹️

Mazda tune shared. It is the #55 not the #18. Currently my fastest time of 43.3 but I can do mid 42s. I struggle on the last right, left uphill section. I lose momentum otherwise I have PRKid smashed!! I believe it is the driver and not the tune.

If you are too proud to run TCS look elsewhere. These guys at the top of the leaderboards are no joke and use TCS.

I will keep tweaking the tune as I am determined to do well this week and will post here if I create a faster tune.

Tune called RA club V2 or search name

#238 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 12:37:57 AM(UTC)
Faster AMR1 tune shared. Called RA V2. Will do mid 42s for me. Maybe quicker in different hands. I think this car will beat 787b around here.
#239 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 7:36:46 AM(UTC)

Mazda tune shared. It is the #55 not the #18. Currently my fastest time of 43.3 but I can do mid 42s. I struggle on the last right, left uphill section. I lose momentum otherwise I have PRKid smashed!! I believe it is the driver and not the tune.

If you are too proud to run TCS look elsewhere. These guys at the top of the leaderboards are no joke and use TCS.

I will keep tweaking the tune as I am determined to do well this week and will post here if I create a faster tune.

Tune called RA club V2 or search name

Barney..... thanks for sharing the tune.... and no I am definitely NOT too proud to use TCS..... 🤪..... but I am CRAZY enough to use POWAHHHHH! 🤪

#240 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 8:23:21 AM(UTC)
Thanks for sharing your tunes Barny.
I was 0.4 up on my best when I lost it at the second part of the last chicane last night, will have to try your new version.
 1 user liked this post.
#241 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 10:43:35 AM(UTC)
I've done a few laps in it - I have set a PB 44:587 but they were not easy laps for me. I'm not sure if it's me, the wheel or general lack of skill/ all of the above. But I was a bit like Wily Coyote with an Acme rocket through most of those laps, hanging on for dear life.

As always great respect to the chaps further up the boards.

1 user liked this post.
#242 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 11:14:23 AM(UTC)
I’ve shared three setups for the Aston, the Mazda and the Jag if anyone wants to try them out. All called Road Atl. Club

The Aston for sure is the easiest to drive, but the Mazda has a little more oomph. Jag is no slouch either.

I figure it will be between the Mazda and the Aston.

Edited by user Friday, October 23, 2020 11:15:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#243 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 12:56:13 PM(UTC)
New PB in the AMR - 44.403, almost had Wan Ge but got greedy on the last corner and drifted wide to dirty it. Might get into the 43s at the end of the week depending how much time I can find to play
#244 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 5:30:21 PM(UTC)
I didn’t improve today but did drive the Mazda and Aston.... the left-right combo at the bottom of the hill continues to be my nemesis and lap killer......
 1 user liked this post.
#245 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 6:24:11 PM(UTC)
V3 of the AMR is shared. It is more stable and less prone to sliding out. I will end up with a faster lap in it.. For reference I tune and drive this car using normal steering rather Than simulation. The car is naturally a handful. Hence why people shy away from it.

Please keep up with the feedback. It would be good to see one of you at the top of this leaderboard.

I got thing 2 thousands of a second of PR Kid but I notice he has knocked another tenth or so off. I will keep chasing:)
#246 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 8:41:20 PM(UTC)
I got thing 2 thousands of a second of PR Kid but I notice he has knocked another tenth or so off. I will keep chasing:)

.....👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#247 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 9:31:40 PM(UTC)
HLR PDKid You need to change the I'm using. I'm now in the AMR1.
#248 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2020 12:21:00 AM(UTC)
Managed to jump in for a few laps this morning.

V3 of the AMR is shared.

Nice tune Barny, really easy to drive, think you've sorted out of the most of the oversteer especially in the chicane
New PB of 43.884

Need a new target now
 2 users liked this post.
#249 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2020 1:32:59 AM(UTC)
I have to retract from my previous statement. The AMR is that much faster than both the Mazda & Jag!

Switched to the 832hp build like Barney which is nearly 1 sec faster for me.

Got me me a new PB of 1.43.1 in just some laps, 1.42 definitely possible with my limited driving skills.

New setup shared as Road Atl. Club

Edited by user Saturday, October 24, 2020 1:34:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#250 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2020 2:51:45 AM(UTC)
Loving this week, more than one competitive car and shared tunes.

Can't help but wonder what Kid's Mazda tune is like?
22 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error