#1 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 3:07:18 AM(UTC)

Hi

I hope someone can hep me with a control issues I have playing FH4 Horizon using a Corsair K70 LP Mk2 keyboard.

Simply put, the keys I use to control the car's steering or braking performance stick in position. Example, I use A to accelerate and B to brake. I release A to start braking and the car keeps on accelerating
without me touching the keyboard. Frantically hitting the B key to brake eventually works, or hitting A releases the accelerator. This only happens in FH4 and not in any other racing game I play. Need for Speed is not affected at all.

I have tried resetting the keyboard to default, using different keyboards and reinstalling drivers. No change.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Regards

Neale S
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 1:44:02 PM(UTC)
Probably not much help from me, but did you also tried to uninstall the software and run it as is?
I have Corsair K70 Rapidfire Red and haven't had any problems with it. Did have similar problems you described, but it turned out that my Logitech F710 controller had its woes, now I just let it unplugged.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2020 10:00:12 AM(UTC)

Hi

I tried running it without iCue, but the problem remains....will try a complete uninstall
and see what happens

Thanks

Neale S
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 12:52:29 PM(UTC)
I use keyboard to play the game, W whenever I press other keys, ex: A or D to turn while pressing W, the car stop accelerate.In short terms, if I pressed other key than W I need to re-press W to accelerate.Can somebody help me ?
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 10:55:23 PM(UTC)
I likewise play keyboard, but the only issue I have is that the game won't accept more than two commands at once, i.e. in going for a power slide I can't hit the keys for acceleration, steering and handbrake all at the same time and have to stagger them slightly. Still, I hope you find out what your issues take to fix.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 1:46:04 AM(UTC)
Won't help the OP given it's 7 months down the line but...this is not limited to keyboards: I use the controller with my Xbox 1 and every now and again the car will keep accelerating for a second or so after I release the accelerator button...sometimes hitting the brakes will then disengage it but not always. The other day I had a period of about 10 minutes where I was running a Lego Speed Zone and every time I came off the accelerator, it just continued accelerating...stopped running the Speed ZOne and it didn't happen again so maybe it was Speed Zone related.
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 12:07:24 AM(UTC)
@That1OldGuy1972
What keyboard are you using?
Because the problem you describe, is caused by "cheap" ones, that don't have N-key rollover. Meaning only 2 or 3 buttons can be pressed simultaneously, to be registered.
N-key rollover means you can virtually roll your face on keyboard and everything will be registered. :)
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 5:22:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post
@That1OldGuy1972
...means you can virtually roll your face on keyboard and everything will be registered. :)

Why does this make me think that this is not just a hypothetical scenario... ? ;-)

#9 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 11:53:09 AM(UTC)
I had this in mind, but ok :)

Notification

Icon
Error