2 Pages12Prev
 3 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 1:16:11 PM(UTC)
Yeah downgrading my cars and being forced to drive them slower than they're capable of every week is never fun but this forzathon is the worst one yet!!

I don't like to see anyone lose their jobs but for the sake of the game I think this person(s) needs to be reasigned at least!

Edited by user Friday, August 28, 2020 1:17:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 2:53:39 PM(UTC)
This week took the longest ever!!! The thing about a drag race is that you can win with your eyes closed...seriously! So there's no point to them.
#28 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 1:51:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
I gave the new Bentley Turbo R a try for A class with rally tyres. It's heavy, with soft suspension, so reasonably stable over bumps. I tested it on Highland Farm Scramble, and was able to beat Jezza's standing start Atomic Punk time when I also did a standing start (but I don't think Jezza did many laps to set that time), and I also beat FN's Atomic Punk flying lap with a flying lap. However, my feeling is that it is nonetheless slower than the Atomic Punk. It's definitely not terrible, though, if anyone wants to try it out, my tune is shared (search by my name to find it).

I spent a bit of time edging ahead of Jezza in the i Pace monthly rivals. I can't believe the real car drives like that, it just wouldn't be safe for a production car to go straight into a slide with 10% braking and 10 degrees of wheel rotation.

I have to agree with the I-Pace. It wasn't a plesant drive during the few laps for the monthly Rivals. Under acceleration it understeered on corner exits and under braking the tail starts rolling over resulting in slidy behaviour.
The diff setting seems awful and the rear feels too light under weight transfer. Not to mention the car already starts in A-class. Even weaker B700 cars demolish this thing.
Can't see a good performance-car here.

Saw your Bentley R and it felt great while driving but I missed the race brakes. That's why I would probably run the C63 V8 on an Offroad-build.
Eventually kept it as a B700 RWD stock engine, stock tires build and while not competitive it's a lot of fun. The tons of torgue cost unnecessary PI but otherwise the stock engine is quite decent.

Edited by user Saturday, August 29, 2020 1:53:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 2:09:43 AM(UTC)
And, we're back,

Some suggestions for this weeks seasonal events, for those that find such useful. All tunes are my own, unless otherwise noted, all shared by myself (or others). ~ tune name / share code. If you use anything offered here, and you like it/it was useful to you, please don't forget to leave a like.

Originally Posted by: WangKeRui Go to Quoted Post
Online:
**Trial: "Batten Down the Hot Hatches" | Road Racing | (A800) Super Hot Hatch
**Car used: 2014 VW Golf R (Autoshow 50,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 Road / 128 621 331

A.I.: seem more competitive offline/solo vs. the trial, behavior offline and in the trial is okay, only the occasional oddball bad behavior. ... In the trial, as mentioned, none of the A.I. were particularly difficult, was my teammates that were a problem. ... Car is AWD as standard, running race tires, Rocket Bunny rear wing, and it has the hazard light for the roof.

**Seasonal Playground Games | Rail Yard | (C600) Rods and Customs
**Car used: 1932 Ford Deluxe 5 Window Coupe (Autoshow 35,000 Cr)
**Tune: C600 Games / 117 319 484

.. Tune is AWD, supercharged, rally tires, rally suspension, hot rod body (no fenders/guards), no hood/bonnet (flathead with side pipes), no bumpers, chopped.

PR Stunts:
- Strathbridge Speed Zone, 2018 McLaren Senna - 'New S2 Road Race' (111 960 179) by Don Joewon Song,
- Lower Fell Speed Trap, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - 'PR Stunt Rally' (120 633 544),
- Open-Cast Cliff Danger Sign, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - 'PR Stunt Rally' (120 633 544).

Solo championships - Raced against Expert, Steering: Simulation, ABS: on, Traction/Stability; Off, Gearbox: Auto.
**Championship: "The Sun Never Sets" | Street Scene | (A800) Retro Saloons
**Car used: 1990 MB 190E 2.5-16 Evolution ii (Autoshow 150,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 Road RWD / 158 332 868

Quick car, only had issues with the A.I.'s chosen lead, once caught however, race was over for the A.I. - this A.I. car was the only one for each race that was anywhere near me, don't know what happened to the other A.I. Tune is RWD (very stable), race tires, as stock appearance (induce stock aero).

Remaining Solo:

**Championship: "Lotus Eaters" | Road Racing | (A800) Lotus
**Car used: 1956 Lotus Eleven (Autoshow 140,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 Road RWD / 147 629 102

Not sure if it is the game 'playing fair' and matching, or just the Lotus cars in A class don't have remarkable top end speeds, but the low top-end speed of the Lotus Eleven proved to be a non-issue in the events. Events straight forward enough, car/tune handles well, provided (as with all RWD in game) you don't over do applying acceleration out of corners - this is especially so for this Eleven tune. The one circuit race was the only troublesome race, some of the corners require a gentle hand so as not to spin out, giving the A.I. an advantage. The Lotus Eleven seems to have a better lock to lock turn radius than the others, I was often able to cut in a pass (with no traction loss issues) on the corners where the A.I. traveled wide. Tune is RWD, has Forza air and is running race tires.

**Championship: "Old School Chic" | Road Racing | (D500) Classic Sports Cars
**Car used: 1962 Triumph Spitfire (Barnfind)
**Tune: D500 Road / 152 552 125

Trying to make use of barn-find cars when I can, as I don't see a lot of people using them, so here we have the Spitfire. Generally not the fastest, yet maybe the best in corners. Good grip, stable at speed in corners. A.I. is competitive vs. this tune (expert), firstly the straight in the Bamburgh Coast Circuit means you need to make all your passes, and gain a lead in the windy section of the track, need not do it in one lap, I did not gain first till the second lap. Lastly the sprint, if you are not leading, with some gap, by the time you reach the castle turn, I feel this race can not be won - while you can match the speed of the lead, you have no/few opportunity to make any gains in the second half of the sprint (same for the A.I. if you are leading). I don't use manual, lack coordination for it, however driving in manual maybe offer some benefit for this tune. Tune is RWD, sport tires, no aero, car is 4-speed as standard.

Most of my tunes this week are RWD, low downloads this week for me, yay!
Enjoy!

#30 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 2:12:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SUBURRA Go to Quoted Post
Yeah downgrading my cars and being forced to drive them slower than they're capable of every week is never fun but this forzathon is the worst one yet!!

I don't like to see anyone lose their jobs but for the sake of the game I think this person(s) needs to be reasigned at least!

uhhh? What is it you are trying to say? Forced to do what, for what?

#31 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 3:07:01 AM(UTC)
Bentley tune is good Bree. I’ll add it to my list of cars to amuse myself with in Team Adventure. It isn’t quite top level as expected though. I did a lap pretty much on the same pace as you using the Bentley - 52.7. I just had a few laps in the Scout and did 51.4 with capacity to do a time in the 50s and I’d probably be a couple of tenths quicker in the Punk. Still, only a second or so off the meta isn’t bad for a car like that.

No idea why I had done one lap in the Punk by the way. Have no recollection of doing that 😄.
#32 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 4:20:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WangKeRui Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SUBURRA Go to Quoted Post

uhhh? What is it you are trying to say? Forced to do what, for what?

What's confusing you exactly?
#33 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 5:36:07 AM(UTC)
For players who need help: Percents,Tunes and Rewards:
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events - Summer - Until 03/09/20 - SERIES 26
50% Summer: RENAULT CLIO R.S. 16 CONCEPT 2016
80% Summer: FORD #2 FORD GT40 MK II LE MANS 1966
50% Series 26: #88 RTR MUSTANG
80% Series 26: TOYOTA CELICA 74
PS.: Bonus Spring Season (50% and 80%) and Series 25 (50% and 80%)

Photo / Picture: Percents,Tunes and Rewards - Summer

https://i.imgur.com/3FiKlPn.jpg

Photo / Picture: Rewards /
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events - Rewards - Until 03/09/20 ** SERIES 26 ** Summer

https://i.imgur.com/5EJePAg.jpg

Share Codes: Pause Menu, Event Activations, or Creative Hub.
You can use this code to get to a specific Event Blueprint quickly, and easily.
Share Code: Garage -> Designs & Paints -> Find New Designs -> Search
Share Code: Garage -> Upgrades & Tunes -> Find -> Search

A) Photo Challenge: #TRAINSPOTTERS
Take a photo of your car with the Viaduct Glenfinnan
Reward: Super Wheelspin

B) Forzathon Weekly:
Code Tune MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE GSX 1995:..... 117 282 581

D) The Trial Co-Op Championship: Batten Down the Hot Hatches
Reward: Modern Race Helmet White
Code Tune VOLKSWAGEN GOLF R 2014:..... 900 855 562

E) Playground Games: Summer
Reward: Plymouth Fury 1958
New this season: You don't have to win the event to earn the reward.
Code Tune PLYMOUTH FURY 1958:..... 509 831 549

F) Danger Sign: Open-Cast Cliff
Code Tune PORSCHE SPYDER 918 2014:..... 236 689 836

G) Speed Trap: Lower Fell
Code Tune MOSLER MT900S 2010:..... 167 019 262

H) Speed Zone: Strathbridge
Code Tune PORSCHE 911 GT1 STRASSENVERSION 1998:..... 462 678 829

I) Championship: Lotus Eaters
Reward: Lotus 2-Eleven 2009
Code Tune LOTUS ELISE 111S 2005:..... 132 391 227

J) Championship: The Sun Never Sets
Reward: Bentley Turbo R 1991
Code Tune MERCEDES BENZ 190E 2.5-16 EVOLUTION II 1990:..... 537 446 846

K) Championship: Old School Chic
Reward: Lexus LFA 2010
Code Tune MG MGA TWIN-CAM 1958:..... 568 502 120

Ps.: If you complete 50% and 80% this season you will also receive: GREEN MAN OUTFIT e FORD CROWN VICTORIA POLICE INTERCEPTOR 2010
Also available on Twitter and https://imgur.com/user/betinhogvz/posts every season change
I hope this helps you to do the challenges

#34 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 5:54:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
I gave the new Bentley Turbo R a try for A class with rally tyres. It's heavy, with soft suspension, so reasonably stable over bumps. I tested it on Highland Farm Scramble, and was able to beat Jezza's standing start Atomic Punk time when I also did a standing start (but I don't think Jezza did many laps to set that time), and I also beat FN's Atomic Punk flying lap with a flying lap. However, my feeling is that it is nonetheless slower than the Atomic Punk. It's definitely not terrible, though, if anyone wants to try it out, my tune is shared (search by my name to find it).

I spent a bit of time edging ahead of Jezza in the i Pace monthly rivals. I can't believe the real car drives like that, it just wouldn't be safe for a production car to go straight into a slide with 10% braking and 10 degrees of wheel rotation.

I have to agree with the I-Pace. It wasn't a plesant drive during the few laps for the monthly Rivals. Under acceleration it understeered on corner exits and under braking the tail starts rolling over resulting in slidy behaviour.
The diff setting seems awful and the rear feels too light under weight transfer. Not to mention the car already starts in A-class. Even weaker B700 cars demolish this thing.

Saw your Bentley R and it felt great while driving but I missed the race brakes. That's why I would probably run the C63 V8 on an Offroad-build.
Eventually kept it as a B700 RWD stock engine, stock tires build and while not competitive it's a lot of fun. The tons of torgue cost unnecessary PI but otherwise the stock engine is quite decent.

I found it enjoyable. It's soft, so it relies heavily on weight transfer management.

The engine (it's not an engine but you get the idea), on the other hand, is incredibly weak. I thought it would be faster due to being electric, but the acceleration is very bad. You were kind to this car, Rayne: I think this engine is C600 tier and its only saving grace is the modern chassis.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#35 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 7:21:53 AM(UTC)
Some of this week's events are mildly annoying, but I didn't have any major issues doing them. Well, except for the Playground Games. I don't know what kind of glitches everyone else is experiencing, but I was having some serious issues with this one:

First, you gotta love starting a C600 Rods and Customs Playground Games...and finding a X999 Ferrari 599X Evolution on the opponent's team.

It's almost as great as having your C600 Hudson Hornet get stuck on part of the geometry and go intangible so your teammates can't even knock you loose so you can participate in the match...no less than 4 different times...on no less than 4 different pieces of geometry.

Oh, and that part of the Playground Games where you tag the opponent flag carriers and they don't lose their flags? That might be my favorite part.

Don't get me wrong, I normally enjoy the Playground Games. I'm not complaining about the choice of cars, the location, or the concept of the games in general. However, this week's PG was outright broken and the only redeeming quality is that all I had to do was stick it out to get the reward. For all I know, that's why they changed the requirement.
#36 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 2:39:23 AM(UTC)
Ineffective tagging could be due to connection. The game's been acting up recently.

Illegal cars is an old issue, though. No fix other than report and hope for a ban.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#37 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 5:11:15 AM(UTC)

When did anyone get the I-Pace?
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 10:02:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

When did anyone get the I-Pace?

The only legit access currently is through the monthly Rivals on Astmoor Circuit. We don't own it yet.
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 7:02:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Ineffective tagging could be due to connection. The game's been acting up recently.

Illegal cars is an old issue, though. No fix other than report and hope for a ban.

I've had the opposite happen several times. I'll be about to score and someone will get within a few feet and I'll lose my flag when there's no way in heck that they touched me.

Also, the weekly forzathon felt like punishment. Six street scene and five drag events? What is the point of that? I should really talk to a therapist about my need to 100% every playlist.
#40 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 7:10:47 AM(UTC)
Saw your Bentley R and it felt great while driving but I missed the race brakes.

With a wheel+pedals, it's so hard to not over-brake that race brakes are pretty "meh". They're generally only worth it if the weight saving is good value for the PI. Otherwise, if anything the extra braking performance is a negative with a wheel, as it makes the wheels lock up on more of a knife edge for pedal movement. It's all very "fake difficulty" - real racing drivers do leg presses in the gym to train for the immense force you need to apply to the brake pedal.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error