6 Pages<<456Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#126 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 4:56:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Geist Der Wut Go to Quoted Post
Some things that get on my nerves.

1. Car specific challenges.
2. Specific cars for certain types of racing with perks that make them worthless in other types of races.
3. Joining a friend is a chore.
4. Cars are worth nothing when selling them. I tryed to sell a 10mil car and it would only allow 1.6m profit on it, which is a massive let down.
5. Constant disconnects/crashes/lag with PERFECT internet and equipment.
6. Buying houses is pointless and only gives you spins and clothing, pssh!

This game needs a lot of work!

1: The required cars are usually already owned, or easy to get. Generally, they are fairly cheap.
2: They are usually simple, fun and give nice rewards. You may end up with a single, 10 count perk that gets used up, but others are a constant passive.
3: What platform are you on? I'm on PC and have zero issues connecting with Xbox friends on any platform.
4: You will earn tons of credits and never have a need to sell anything if you are doing events and whatnot. There are tons of ways to generate credits without selling cars.
5: I play Horizon Solo unless I need to do a MP event. The servers are hit and miss. Trying migrating to a new one if you find your current one is acting up.
6: Extra resources. Cars. Drone Mode is neat. Could certainly use something to make them consistently useful though. I can understand this point. I just have Horizon set as home. Fortune Island has none. Lego Island has 1 that is a constant upgrade farm for useless aesthetics. Can't do anything with them. Mainland has a lot of them, but kinda lose their usefulness once you can Fast Travel for free.

#127 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 5:09:30 PM(UTC)
It must be nice to have zero problems with the game considering if you look over the forums you will see plenty of people discussing problems that have been in existence for almost two years. You see threads on the front page of the forums that are 1 and 2 years old because they merge new topics with old ones.
The problems the OP mentions are well known by almost every player in the game.

I won't address the rest of the OP because there are many aspects I really enjoy about the game, and some I don't, but those are personal opinions, everyone is free the play the game the way they want to. I have been playing this game since it's launch, warts and all. They just need to apply a little more skin cream to address the warts instead of trying to turn it into Fortnite or something.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 7, 2021 1:03:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#128 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 8:25:40 PM(UTC)
Ever tried to use the pliers on a multi-tool (think Swiss Army knife but bigger)? They will get the job done but will never be as good as purpose built pliers that don’t also have corkscrews, Allen wrenches, screw drivers, knife blades, and toenail clippers built into the handles.

My point is that the developers are trying to make a game that appeals to a broad audience and offers lots of features while also being a highly polished graphical triumph with better physics than its competitors.

It’s a big ask (and a run-on sentence).

There are going to be shortcomings and areas that need improvement. We cannot be all things to all men all the time. Tools built to do one task are going to be good at that task. Tools built to do lots of tasks are going to be subpar at each task but arguably more convenient than lugging a tool box around. (One adjustable wrench on your belt or a set of metric and standard wrenches in a 40lb toolbox under your arm?)

What makes the game fun and enjoyable for me might be what frustrates you the most. What Turn10 has done well is not force the players to do anything they don’t want to do.
 2 users liked this post.
#129 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 9:43:34 PM(UTC)
1. That's why they are called challenges, if you want any car choice, you can create your own blueprint.
2. 4. 6. You're too hang on xp and cr, they don't matter much in this game. Pick a car and tune that give best result, cr is still plenty when selling reward cars. House give few useful perks, rest is just to have something to spend money on.
3. 5. Unfortunately servers are not really up for the job at hand.

At the end of the day, choice is yours, also don't expect big changes in almost 3 year old game.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
 2 users liked this post.
#130 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 11:46:47 PM(UTC)
Some things that get on my nerves.

1. Car specific challenges.
2. Specific cars for certain types of racing with perks that make them worthless in other types of races.
3. Joining a friend is a chore.
4. Cars are worth nothing when selling them. I tryed to sell a 10mil car and it would only allow 1.6m profit on it, which is a massive let down.
5. Constant disconnects/crashes/lag with PERFECT internet and equipment.
6. Buying houses is pointless and only gives you spins and clothing, pssh!

This game needs a lot of work!

1/ The Challenges could be improved.
2/ That happens in real life.
3/ You have friends who like the game?
4/ Cars can be sold for high amounts of money if you choose the right cars, or are legendary.
6/ Buying houses isn't as bad as other things in the game.

5/ I agree with you that bugs are a problem with this game.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 6, 2021 11:47:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#131 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 12:26:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

1/ The Challenges could be improved
4/ Cars can be sold for high amounts of money if you choose the right cars, or are legendary.
5/ I agree with you that bugs are a problem with this game.

1/ Means?

4/ Nope, tried yesterday alot of cars. AH is broken and/or the Prices... Highest price (selling) was Jesko 12M (almost) every other is <2M (Singer Porsche 1.7M) some Koenigsegg was 90k. It was easier to delete my cars...

5/ It's not the bugs it's the "We don't care" thingy! The Game was new to Steam weeks ago and is listed with full price! But nothing says "You get a ~75% working product" in every country there is some law against something like this. There are Bugs wich exists since 2+ years... New FH is coming wich means nothing gets fixed anymore. Look at the known issues/game even the simplest stuff (typos, etc) is not fixed...

Look at forum/reddit whatever how many people can't play the Game
From known issues "WINDOWS 10 : Crash Hang Type: Activation." <means it's not starting at all you've paid 70+bucks for nothing
MS Store Germany>UserRating is down to 3 Stars/total and latest 20 comments are "Game not starting" in latest 50 ratings only 3x 5 Stars

Edited by user Wednesday, April 7, 2021 12:43:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#132 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 3:55:05 AM(UTC)
Now I can't access almost everything, auction house, clubs, and several other things are blocked from access. Yet another issue with the game.
#133 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 1:11:49 PM(UTC)
Now I can't access almost everything, auction house, clubs, and several other things are blocked from access. Yet another issue with the game.

Need to install the latest update for that one.
#134 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 4:47:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PurpleAlien420 Go to Quoted Post

I'd love to but there is one issue, it's on steam and that's automatic isn't it? If not how would I do a manual update?
#135 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 6:32:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PurpleAlien420 Go to Quoted Post

I'd love to but there is one issue, it's on steam and that's automatic isn't it? If not how would I do a manual update?

I don't know how Steam operates, but on MS you can check for updates at the store. I'm on Xbox and even have problems with updates showing up. Sometimes I won't even know there is an update until I launch the game.
#136 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 8:32:03 PM(UTC)
Proposed improvements to the Backstage Pass.

I think Backstage Pass is a good content, but I have two suggestions for improvement.

The first is that every car can only be purchased once.
This is also true for the Forzathon Shop, but the current system seems to be designed on the assumption that players will only own one of the same model.
However, as many players as there are, the tendency of their car collection should be different.
It would also be admirable to own all cars one by one.
However, some players do not own cars they are not interested in, and allocate that garage space to owning multiple models they like.
For these players, the current system is unattractive, and their Backstage Passes simply accumulate without being consumed.

Of course, the current system, which is designed to allow only one purchase, may have PG's intention of not wanting to destroy the AH market.
But that could also just be done by setting some limits, like "only buy one of the same model per week" or "only buy one of the same model per series".
(I think this game is a racing game to begin with, not an eBay simulator...)

As others have mentioned, it seems to me that Backstage Pass is designed as a way to get exclusive cars after the game is dead.
If that's the case, then even more so they should improve the current system and allow for multiple purchases of the same car.

And about the cars that will be added to the Backstage Pass.
I think the act of deciding the cars by our votes is interesting. However, for certain models, like the Hoonigan RS200, where the difficulty of PR stunts and season championships varies greatly depending on whether you own it or not, it would have been nice to have it added beforehand to help newcomers to the game.
Players who have been playing the game continuously since launch, such as myself, own such cars and have no trouble with them.
However, I feel that it's unfair to the late adopters of the game, such as Steam users, who don't own these cars and have no way to get them.

(Of course, they can also buy those cars on the AH, but I don't think they can pay 20 million cr as easily as we can. Veteran players, remember when we were just starting out in the game.)
#137 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 8:35:16 PM(UTC)
(Deleted due to a forum glitch that caused multi-posting)

Edited by user Thursday, April 8, 2021 8:43:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#138 Posted : Sunday, May 16, 2021 1:55:37 AM(UTC)
Hello! First post here and I didn't really read the etiquette so please feel free to let me know if I've done anything wrong.
[Mod Edit - just merging the thread to keep topic discussion together - MM]

Let me preface this by saying I love the game and I've always loved racing games I got into the first Gran Turismo years and years and years ago. I joined in very late because I don't have much time to game and I haven't really thought of it much up until a month ago. I am now around rank 84 and have been playing almost daily since COVID.

I don't really feel comfortable opening a feedback ticket, because I expect someone to challenge my opinions and I don't want to talk to a wall, nevertheless I'm opening one with the same content written here.

So in hopes of a new game (am not updated to any news). This down here is all my opinion and I can be wrong so, please don't hate me for talking about how I see the game.

• The NPCs talk too much

I don't know how controversial this will be of an opinion. But the NPCs talk WAY TOO MUCH, WAY TOO OFTEN. While I'm racing I'm usually just pushing the car sounds to max, I put on rainymood and some music and I just want to race. Most missions there will be no talk, but in some missions there's like a trivia or wikipedia being read at any times while I try to do time attack. I'm not sure if you can completely remove the subtitles and lower the voices but judging from the fact that I lowered the music but I still hear the music in some parts of the game, my hopes aren't up. Plus, the small UNSKIPPABLE cutscenes of the NPC of the event talking to your Drivatar with their back towards the camera that you have to sit through are absolutely painful.

• Don't ignore the cheaters

I honestly am surprised I have to say this but cheaters ruin this game too. Don't let it pass just because it's a car game so who cares. In every single speed trap I saw in game there's BLATANT cheaters in it. In some LaRacer's missions I've seen people beat speed traps at 5000KM/h. When I'm on the highways with a Class X 8.9SPD and 10 across the board, running at almost 400KM/h I don't expect a 90ies Toyota Supra taking me over by going at least 2 to 3 times faster than me. It's ridicolous and just doesn't make me want to play the game. Plus, if we add up how the game works, I can't believe that there's people with 9999999999999 points or 5000KM/h speed traps in the GLOBAL LEADERBOARDS literally in CLEAR VIEW that are still there. It's not even a mathematical problem, just have an automated process that removes these people and bans them, I can't believe the devs don't have this data and can't act on it. To me it just seems like they never thought much of it.

• The festival playlist is boring

Obviously the biggest part of the game is driving and that is extremely fun to me just in and of itself. But when I prefer driving aimlessly through the map than do the festival playlist then something's wrong. Some championship missions in the playlist force you to use low class cars that you can barely modify to make better, I enjoy struggling to get the best out of a slow car to rip through the races but you can't possibly expect me to have fun driving a C or B class car for 3 circuit races with 3 laps each at highly skilled drivatars just to get a super wheel spin or some random car.

The PVP games are also incredibly purposedfully annoying. I had to sit through 5 matches of muscle cars on sand. SAND. I get why they do it but that just feels evil to me and extremely NOT fun at all.

• Some missions are unbalanced or the dev purposedly want you to think creatively (which is bad in this game)

When I play a racing game, or something that looks like it I don't expect the devs to force me to go off-road to beat some unreasonable amount of time to get 3 stars. Some of these missions just feel extremely unbalanced and to get 3 stars I have to go off-road and cut through the entire predefine road. While I can assume most people don't see a problem with this and in some cases it must just be my skill lacking but sometimes I genuinely see that the time is way too short and the roads are made so I can just drive directly to the end and be done with it. I think this is bad game design for something like Forza.

• Gran Turismo has vector upload for their livery editor

This boggles the mind especially after seeing the work the livery / sticker makers put into the game which is absolutely, genuinely fantastic but that doesn't mean it shouldn't change. GT Sport has a custom livery sticker vector uploader on their website and you can literally make anything easily and create your own livery, plus you can pick anyone's stickers and just create an entirely new livery. This weird system copyright-like way of not being able to share your livery just because you used someone's stickers feels like purposedly hindering the painting and livery making scenery fo the game. But I might be wrong on the perspectives here. I'm sure someone will let me know. But I've spent hours in both so I feel like I know enough to hold this opinion.

• There's way too many notifications on screen

This ties a bit into the 'npcs talk to much' but it's about notifications this time. There's something popping on screen CONSTANTLY. When I'm driving with max difficulty dravatars in something like The Marathon and I have to keep absolute focus on the race to not make a single mistake because I don't have rewind either on, you can't blast me with sound and notifications that aren't the car's noises. Again, might be my mistake not seeing how to turn all of these off but there you go, they should be off by default in any race and on just in free roam.

• Players can be toxic even without a chat

Please remove the quick chat options, I am tired of people spamming 'nice driving' when they are winning.

Lastly I want to say thank you to the community and the devs for making this incredibly experience that is largely fun albeit some minor inconveniences I have felt personally that maybe nobody else did.

Edited by user Sunday, May 16, 2021 11:35:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 Pages<<456Prev

Notification

Icon
Error