3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 5:07:28 AM(UTC)
It's paid service so I think he's not wrong :D
#52 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 5:27:14 AM(UTC)
Who thought 6 street scene races it's a good idea in forzathon ?!

Edited by user Sunday, August 30, 2020 12:39:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 7:46:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: markvii1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
It's for the new players not us. H2 is long EOL, they aren't going to do that and the licences have expired by now for that title. They should just unlock all the cars to the autoshow at this point. H4 is 2 years old I am not sure what they are waiting for at this late point. That would also probably get the player base up as well.

Just curious as to what license would stop them from rereleasing a map they created of a fictional location on their proprietary software for the same generation console. And the fact that it is EOL means that players can revisit a good map online with the excellent car roster of the current game. I’m not asking for the whole game to be rereleased, just expand the current map to bridge over to the old map. Twice the space to drive and all those countries are neighbors IRL so not entirely unrealistic.

It is the cars not the map. That's why it went end of life. This combining of maps seems highly unlikely for them to do. Sorry I don't see it. It still would still require many resources and a big update. I would welcome it for sure.

I still hope Playground does what Gamefreak couldn't and releases a Forza game with all the regions in it.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 2 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 8:41:52 AM(UTC)
I am pleased that I can now roll a car and drive off without incurring a reset just as the car is about to land properly.
BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
Microsoft Xbox Series X
#55 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 12:16:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AudibleJam509 Go to Quoted Post
Big thanks to PGG (and the higher ups) for the increased garage space. I now have room for all my car pass cars and wheel spin cars. This will greatly decrease my need to remove cars manually, which is always nice.

Why the big thanks? It's been requested regularly for months if not over a year and only just been increased.

This generation of gaming really has lowered people's expectations of developers, being ignored for so long isn't something to be grateful for, just because some devs wouldn't have bothered at all doesn't make it a grand gesture when 1 does so after such a length of time.

Just because it's been requested for so long doesn't mean it's an easy process
It was risky
They had to compress an already compressed save file

People like you are so ungrateful and just expect everything to just be a flick of the switch or a 5 minute job
If everyone was like you games would never even work..just be a broken mess

+1 because Jesus people are entitled. They could’ve just not touched it at all, but here are.
 2 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 4:34:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AudibleJam509 Go to Quoted Post
Big thanks to PGG (and the higher ups) for the increased garage space. I now have room for all my car pass cars and wheel spin cars. This will greatly decrease my need to remove cars manually, which is always nice.

Why the big thanks? It's been requested regularly for months if not over a year and only just been increased.

This generation of gaming really has lowered people's expectations of developers, being ignored for so long isn't something to be grateful for, just because some devs wouldn't have bothered at all doesn't make it a grand gesture when 1 does so after such a length of time.

Just because it's been requested for so long doesn't mean it's an easy process
It was risky
They had to compress an already compressed save file

People like you are so ungrateful and just expect everything to just be a flick of the switch or a 5 minute job
If everyone was like you games would never even work..just be a broken mess

+1 because Jesus people are entitled. They could’ve just not touched it at all, but here are.

I think it was yet another case of broken expectations. Since the last update increased room for everything across the board (garage/designs/tunes), people were expecting the new one to be similar. And... it wasn't.

I haven't followed the news closely but I'm not sure I recall Playground promising they'd add more design and tune slots along with garage space. On the other hand, had they been paying attention to the community's wishes, they would have gone the extra mile and not limited themselves to garage space, especially when this game's way of handling paints and tunes means adding more garage slots makes it a necessity to also add more paint slots. And more tune slots are always welcome.

We understand messing with saves is dangerous and might have unwanted consequences. Losing a save is top 3 among the things gamers dread the most. But if Playground were willing to tinker with the saves to increase garage space, it'd make sense for them to increase space for everything, so they wouldn't have to perform this sensistive task yet again.

Calling people "entitled" doesn't really help, considering gaming has changed a lot in these last couple decades. Gaming is no longer for children. Gaming is no longer derived from cashcow-style arcade machines. The world is faster and this has an impact on people's entertainment... But more than that, since gaming is now a serious market, people now have the guts to complain about a service they deem insufficient, as they would if McDonald's served them a bad meal.

I don't disagree people tend to be obnoxious, but dismissing complaints as "tantrums" is probably not the right course of action either.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#57 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 8:10:14 AM(UTC)
I tried the new car reset.
It's better than the last modification, no doubt, just back on 4 wheels and go, top. Still, it is worse than it was. Unless there is something I miss, you now have choice between waiting for total end of rolling plus waiting again during the blank screen and, going in the menu for requesting reset, validating reset and possibly in the mean time getting the blank screen. I heard about a legal trick to trigger the reset faster, any detail?

2 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 12:36:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
It's better than the last modification, no doubt, just back on 4 wheels and go, top. Still, it is worse than it was. Unless there is something I miss, you now have choice between waiting for total end of rolling plus waiting again during the blank screen and, going in the menu for requesting reset, validating reset and possibly in the mean time getting the blank screen. I heard about a legal trick to trigger the reset faster, any detail?

IMO the only good solution would be to keep it as it is, but let people map reset to a button or key, like in most older games. Having to pause the game in order to reset is bizarre IMO.

The whole interface of the game is a complete mess, though. When you go back to FH2, or even 3, it's heaven. Everything moves faster and loading is almost seamless. FH4 feels like a snail in comparison: overambitious, cluttered, confusing menus.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#59 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 5:18:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

IMO the only good solution would be to keep it as it is, but let people map reset to a button or key, like in most older games. Having to pause the game in order to reset is bizarre IMO.

The whole interface of the game is a complete mess, though. When you go back to FH2, or even 3, it's heaven. Everything moves faster and loading is almost seamless. FH4 feels like a snail in comparison: overambitious, cluttered, confusing menus.

You could use a two button press for resetting mid-roll... both triggers probably.
#60 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 6:23:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

Guess you + me and anyone else who agrees with this is 'entitled' though.
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error