Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2020 9:07:15 AM(UTC)
i just wonder why there is NOT an option like that even though in FM 7 ? in fact i can select 4k in resolution section thats weird too..anyway so i can play it in 2k or 4k on 1080p monitor..i have an GTX 1080 Ti and half of the gpu is sitting for nothing..pls add this option just like in FM7 in the next update..it is so easy for you guys both games are using the same graphical engine..
just do it..

and yes there is dsr but i dont like it
thnx
Rank: Driver's Permit
#2 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 3:22:19 AM(UTC)
use a 1440p or 4K monitor and don't be CPU bound maybe
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#3 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 5:47:56 AM(UTC)
It's normal supersampling, check your GPU settings.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 1:04:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
It's normal supersampling, check your GPU settings.


man you dont get it what i mean..in FM7 there is a setting in options/video/advanced/resolution scale

i can set it to %200 that makes the game 4k resolution...but in FH4 there is not such an option like that..and because of that i have to play the game in 1080p even though half of the GPU is sitting for nothing..my gpu is strong so if there would be an option i could play it in 2k 60fps easily with more beautiful graphs..

so i wish Forza Dev Team add this option just like in FM 7..thats all
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2020 5:26:42 AM(UTC)
I got it exactly.
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2020 3:57:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
I got it exactly.


No you didnt. He is asking why there isnt a resolution scale option in fh 4. And i am interested as well. Uping the game to 4k could aliviate that terrible aliasing and shimmering and the game could finally look pretty decent.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 1:39:17 AM(UTC)
It was always in graphic driver settings because it doesn't make sense to have it in a game. I don't have gaming PC now so I am not sure how it is now.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 6:05:16 AM(UTC)
You could go to Nvidia Control Panel or AMD Catalyst Center and force DSR/VSR, it works with every game and lets you fine-tune the quality of the downscale. If you're at 1080p and want 4K, just set it to 4.0x and have fun.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 11:47:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
because it doesn't make sense to have it in a game. I don't have gaming PC now so I am not sure how it is now.

yeah you still dont got it..if it doesnt make sense then why in FM7 there is an option like that ?

Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
You could go to Nvidia Control Panel or AMD Catalyst Center and force DSR/VSR, it works with every game and lets you fine-tune the quality of the downscale. If you're at 1080p and want 4K, just set it to 4.0x and have fun.


dude pls read my first post especialy the latest words..thnx
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 7:09:18 PM(UTC)
They are two different things. DSR from the nvidial control panel consumes many resources and it doesnt work well on non-native resolutions.

The scale option in-game consumes way less resources (it should) and you can use it on any resolution. Many games support the change of game scale throu game options, even older games. Keeping in mind how bad FH4 looks , and we dont have any possibility to improve the AA through nvidia inspector (or control panel) since Microsoft blocks all files, this option will be the last resource. And will be a fine solution for those who have mid-end pcs.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2020 6:24:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KzuRyuSen Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
because it doesn't make sense to have it in a game. I don't have gaming PC now so I am not sure how it is now.

yeah you still dont got it..if it doesnt make sense then why in FM7 there is an option like that ?

Probably for some kids who can't use PC properly? I don't know...

Rank: Racing Permit
#12 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 11:01:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KzuRyuSen Go to Quoted Post
i just wonder why there is NOT an option like that even though in FM 7 ? in fact i can select 4k in resolution section thats weird too..anyway so i can play it in 2k or 4k on 1080p monitor..i have an GTX 1080 Ti and half of the gpu is sitting for nothing..pls add this option just like in FM7 in the next update..it is so easy for you guys both games are using the same graphical engine..
just do it..


Answer: You can't do that in this game, and they aren't going to add it to 2 year old software. I hear you, but, the option isn't there. Move on. :)

You'll need to use DSR in the Nvidia control panel, which does the same thing. Perhaps not as efficiently but it works, so if you have spare horsepower on your 1080Ti by all means
use that route.

Mostly because it's your only option. Since you are on PC give yourself the maximum POV available and then jack up those DSR resolutions until you're struggling to hit 60 :)

Good Luck.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#13 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 2:22:13 PM(UTC)
Resolution scale option takes about the same amount of hit as using DSR anyway. Just use DSR if you have all that power. It's a bit of a gimmick anyway. 100-200% doesn't even make it look that much different. It just knocks my frame rate down by half and causes stutters.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 8:08:46 PM(UTC)
It's so late in teh game they aren't going to add anything.. and it's not "so easy" like you think it's a button they can activate. Use DSR or nothing.
Rank: Driver's License
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2020 7:25:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KzuRyuSen Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
because it doesn't make sense to have it in a game. I don't have gaming PC now so I am not sure how it is now.

yeah you still dont got it..if it doesnt make sense then why in FM7 there is an option like that ?

Probably for some kids who can't use PC properly? I don't know...



Obviously some of you never used this option before. It allows you to get more resolution, in cases where the AA is not enough, or the game looks like **** (like in this case) because the aliasing is beyond awful. So yes, it will be an amazing option to have in FH4 (of course at this point is impossible, but keeping in mind how bad the game looks, the devs should have considered to add it into the game).

Videogames these days look like **** , with terrible aliasing, shimmering everywhere, flickering, bad shadows, etc, etc. And honestly in 2020 a videogame that doesnt even have a proper AA system, is beyond ridiculous. Most games these days use TAA or the scale option we are talking about to mitigate some of these problems. But obviously you dont have a clue what im talking about because you are from the new generation, and you never played videogames before 2013-2014 lol. If you did you would know what im talking about. We didnt have these problems back then.

What escapes me is, what has to do using the pc properly with this? if you dont have a clue what this option does, you should just stop saying nonsense.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#16 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 12:08:04 AM(UTC)
You don't need it in-game.

And no. Horizon looks fantastic. Current games are very near reality and it's awesome.

If you have a problem with aliasing, try higher resolution. That's how we solved it 30 years ago :D
Rank: Driver's License
#17 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 10:26:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
You don't need it in-game.

And no. Horizon looks fantastic. Current games are very near reality and it's awesome.

If you have a problem with aliasing, try higher resolution. That's how we solved it 30 years ago :D


And this is the problem of gamers these days. Complete ignorance (no offense). No dude, Horizon 4 looks terrible. As i said, obviously you never had the experience of playing videogames with perfect AA, no shimmering and correct LOD generation and shadow generation. And no, current games look like hell, better models with more polygons, maybe, but everything else??? please dont make me laugh. Shadows look terrible. The aliasing in some games is just, ridiculous. Some games cant even be played because the shimmering is so big that it even hurt your eyes (but of course im pretty sure you dont have a clue what shimmering is), so many things to name that will be absurd to do it here.

FH4 looks just fine, for a videogame of 2020, but it doesnt look fantastic, not even closer, because of many problems i mentioned before. And well, what looks "fantastic" for you, its pretty bad for other people. Trees in this game are a joke, some textures of the terrain are too low resolution, and for the rest, more or less what you can see in other racing game.

And again, you dont know what we are talking about. You say that if you want better AA, use higher resolution... dude, ahem, what do you think the escale option does?? if you are already using your maximum native resolution, how do you expect to use even a higher one??? thats only possible with a scaling option or DSR.

These days a scaling option is always good, no matter the videogame. Whoever does not understand this in 2020, well, didnt play more than a couple videogames these days.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#18 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2020 6:21:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: George RGJ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
You don't need it in-game.

And no. Horizon looks fantastic. Current games are very near reality and it's awesome.

If you have a problem with aliasing, try higher resolution. That's how we solved it 30 years ago :D


And this is the problem of gamers these days. Complete ignorance (no offense). No dude, Horizon 4 looks terrible. As i said, obviously you never had the experience of playing videogames with perfect AA, no shimmering and correct LOD generation and shadow generation. And no, current games look like hell, better models with more polygons, maybe, but everything else??? please dont make me laugh. Shadows look terrible. The aliasing in some games is just, ridiculous. Some games cant even be played because the shimmering is so big that it even hurt your eyes (but of course im pretty sure you dont have a clue what shimmering is), so many things to name that will be absurd to do it here.

FH4 looks just fine, for a videogame of 2020, but it doesnt look fantastic, not even closer, because of many problems i mentioned before. And well, what looks "fantastic" for you, its pretty bad for other people. Trees in this game are a joke, some textures of the terrain are too low resolution, and for the rest, more or less what you can see in other racing game.

And again, you dont know what we are talking about. You say that if you want better AA, use higher resolution... dude, ahem, what do you think the escale option does?? if you are already using your maximum native resolution, how do you expect to use even a higher one??? thats only possible with a scaling option or DSR.

These days a scaling option is always good, no matter the videogame. Whoever does not understand this in 2020, well, didnt play more than a couple videogames these days.



It seems from your wording you think a scaling option or DSR can give you a higher resolution than what your TV and monitor can do. That isn't possible. I'm someone who also HATES aliasing and shimmering of any kind and I'm seeing very little of it in Horizon 4 on my PC. The way you describe it , your game has the appearance of a sub 720p resolution. That seems odd.
Rank: Racing Permit
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 7:13:26 AM(UTC)
I think the user is complaining about the simplistic state of trees/foliage in the Horizon games and the issue with anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering that is, or isn't happening on shadows particularly those on roads from those trees, etc.

Was more of a problem in Horizon 2 and 3, my guess is they've tweaked some things so its less distracting in Horizon 4.

Might be worth trying to play with game-specific settings in Nvidia Display Manager, not sure if this being a UWP game will make that funky or not, but you can force some forms of both anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering, see if that helps. Of course using DSR to render internally at 4k and then scale to your 1080p display will help as well.

But its worth remembering: this is an open world game......trees, etc, that are deformable are expensive.....and there aren't many (any?) other games out there to compare against.....
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 8:10:47 AM(UTC)
I don't know why you don't all just wait for FH5. The New XBox will allow everything 4K.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 8:26:11 AM(UTC)
Exactly, Horizon is the only one and looks gorgeous. If somebody has problem with shimmering, higher resolution helps.
Rank: Driver's License
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 8:52:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Exactly, Horizon is the only one and looks gorgeous. If somebody has problem with shimmering, higher resolution helps.


Didnt you read what i posted? you CANT use higher resolution if you are already using your native resolution. Sigh, lol.

And no, YOU CANT USE NVIDIA DISPLAY control panel either, because Microsoft blocks all the files within the directory, again. People dont read at all. Sad. Dude, ive been using nvidia inspector in all games since years ago to basically get rid of shimmering and improve antialiasing, you CANT do that with forza horizon 4.

If people say that the game looks gorgeous, again, its because they are clueless about how the game should actually look, and obviously they didnt play videogames in the earlies stages of DX11 or even before that. Or they played two videogames in their lifes, period.

Higher resolutions makes these problems less noticeable, but without using DSR the only option left will be a scaling option. Something that again, most videogames these days include unless they carry TAA or derivated, for obvious reasons. People dont understand how videogaming industry is developing these days, and this is vastly noticeable in the new generation of gamers. Completely lost in their pure ignorance. This is not an insult, it is sadly the reality we live in.

DSR or scaling doesnt give you real higher resolution but it does something very similar, and the point is, that you really dont want higher resolution, what you want is to make all these problems less noticeable. Because thats the only thing you can achieve no matter what you do. When someone wants more resolution is mostly because the aliasing makes the game looks terrible (like in this case), using higher resolution obviously makes the aliasing less noticeable.

The difference between using the AA of the game and using, for example the "fix" from nvidia inspector is so huge, that you will jump from your seat if you actually knew what im talking about. I use it in every single game i can, sadly you cant do it on FH4. But again, there is so much ignorance in gamers of this generation..
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 9:22:52 AM(UTC)
The game is 3D it has a vector resolution, you can ignore the TV resolution in some cases. The shadows, and Vinyls are low vector resolution... ignore the TV. The game uses low resolution vectors to achieve greater speed.

Notification

Icon
Error