3 Pages123Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 8:18:14 PM(UTC)
Hey WangKeRui,

If you are up for trying it again, use this:

2008 Maserati MC12 Versione Corsa
Tune: 484 788 196

Just ran it. It owned Edinburgh. Took it to Glen Rannoch and it was very controllable. The braking was responsive. Never lost the rear. A little slide here and there, but you are going fast on snow, so yeah. But definitely in more control than before. Took first by over 5 seconds over the AI who was 4 seconds ahead of 3rd. Went to Ashmoor, and again, not a problem. Now, because it is a high-speed track in snow, you do have to apply brakes prior to some of the faster or sharper turns, but you can put your foot down and pick back up again without spinning out. So it kept its lead throughout. Again, 5 seconds ahead of the 'fast AI.'

Gonna go try it on Unbeatable just to see. (Yeah I'm feeling all cocky now that I'm not doing the RWD Porsche anymore...lol)

Edit: Did it on Unbeatable. Took 2nd, 1st, 1st. Those first turns in Edinburgh are absolutely combative. It makes or breaks the rest of the race..

Edited by user Wednesday, August 19, 2020 6:04:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 9:50:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
Hey WangKeRui,

If you are up for trying it again, use this:

2008 Maserati MC12 Versione Corsa
Tune: 484 788 196

Just ran it. It owned Edinburgh. Took it to Glen Rannoch and it was very controllable. The braking was responsive. Never lost the rear. A little slide here and there, but you are going fast on snow, so yeah. But definitely in more control than before. Took first by over 5 seconds over the AI who was 4 seconds ahead of 3rd. Went to Ashmoor, and again, not a problem. Now, because it is a high-speed track in snow, you do have to apply brakes prior to some of the faster or sharper turns, but you can put your foot down and pick back up again without spinning out. So it kept its lead throughout. Again, 5 seconds ahead of the 'fast AI.'

Nice tune, it is like a better version of mine.. wait, more correctly mine is a worse version of yours - anyway like it. Very smooth and very not twitchy although as you say still has some sliding on corners (but nothing compared with the tune I made - that was a tail heavy tune), easily manageable. Did give it a like of course!

I find it interesting your tune has both more power and torque - tamer with more power. The other interest is, it is heavier - I have felt that at times making cars lighter is not always useful, however have not put effort into testing it (I do sometime take another option, or just avoid reducing weight on some tunes because I feel it won't be helpful against opponents or event type - i.e. Games builds).

I did not manage the leads you mention, although I think that is driver error and not the tune at all, I made first in each race, getting in front of the pack far quicker than with my tune (although same issues with passing A.I., blocking, sudden slowing and the like). The A.I. did again turn up with the Lego Bugatti as the car to beat, would seem this maybe the default for this class/type.

For something else - Truck be a Lady is an event some of you may have noted for the Spring season - Truck racing, which is going to be a love it or hate it event for sure - personally I feel we need more of this oddball/left field stuff. I found some details, and have created a tune for the upcoming event, if anyone has some desire to try such out early:

2014 MB Unimog U5023, "B700 CC Spring", (418 559 127).

(mods please delete this part if against terms - note I found details online, I can not claim details will be as stated beyond similar details have previously been correct)

Enjoy.
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error