#1 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2020 8:09:15 PM(UTC)
I'm new to Forza and have had great difficulty getting through turns without easy reference to the speedometer to track my speed. RPMs sounds don't seem to work for me as I drive different cars, manual and auto, so gearing/sounds change. From forum searches I've concluded that it's not possible to have a heads up display right in front of me like I have in my real Corvette. If this is correct, I was wondering how users have dealt with this issue, e.g., when going around a turn fast, I can't take my eyes off the road to look in the corner at my speedometer. Same thing in real cars. My Mustang speedometer is difficult to read quickly as it is buried in the dash and uses a funny retro font.
HJ
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 7:53:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HydrackJohnson Go to Quoted Post
I'm new to Forza and have had great difficulty getting through turns without easy reference to the speedometer to track my speed. RPMs sounds don't seem to work for me as I drive different cars, manual and auto, so gearing/sounds change. From forum searches I've concluded that it's not possible to have a heads up display right in front of me like I have in my real Corvette. If this is correct, I was wondering how users have dealt with this issue, e.g., when going around a turn fast, I can't take my eyes off the road to look in the corner at my speedometer. Same thing in real cars. My Mustang speedometer is difficult to read quickly as it is buried in the dash and uses a funny retro font.
HJ

I've4 had this problem since Forza 3 when the speedometer was moved to the right corner.
In Forza 2 you could get the Speedometer by using Front Bumper Mode.
On real track NASCAR racing, there is no Speedometer.
The racers use the RPMs to change gears plus the sound of the motor.

Turn up the Motor sound in HUD Option to here the Motor.

"Unofficial Senior Citizen" of Forza Motorsport
"Still racing at 82 years Young. Will it ever end?"
I have been a member since:
Friday, July 15, 2005 3:39:56 PM

Notification

Icon
Error