1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2020 5:39:47 PM(UTC)
Is there any way to stop these guys? Is there any way I can set it to match with just console players? Is there some way to auto detect these people or do the devs even care?I know after a patch or hotfix they sometimes get disabled, but all they do is find where the devs moved the values for wheel speed and update their programs. I've been spamming meta cars in FFA to rank up with less frustration today only to have turdbuckets zoom into first on whatever the first straight is and then not be able to catch up. I just had an S14 that would ghost and hit 200mph at times smash a load of Bubble Tops and Civics in A class.
 7 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2020 6:05:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZiggaMan Go to Quoted Post
Is there any way to stop these guys? Is there any way I can set it to match with just console players? Is there some way to auto detect these people or do the devs even care?I know after a patch or hotfix they sometimes get disabled, but all they do is find where the devs moved the values for wheel speed and update their programs. I've been spamming meta cars in FFA to rank up with less frustration today only to have turdbuckets zoom into first on whatever the first straight is and then not be able to catch up. I just had an S14 that would ghost and hit 200mph at times smash a load of Bubble Tops and Civics in A class.

"Is there any way I can set it to match with just console players?"

I actually very much liked that in FH3, sadly they got rid of that (prob a directive from microsoft when they sold to them).

"Is there some way to auto detect these people or do the devs even care"

Oh the devs know they are there, they just don't give two hoots about doing anything about it.

The general response is "submit a ticket", don't bother, they don't respond to it nor do they actually try to fix it.

Very frustrating to see obvious cheat times and you report the player and, once again, nothing gets done.

If it continues into the next Forza Horizon then i will just quit playing it altogether as what is the point when cheats ruin it.

Oh and just to prove it, they haven't fix the forum yet and it's been weeks, if not close to a couple of months, since problems occurred which tells you how much they care.

If i had my employees running my IT like this i'd fire their butts in a heartbeat, it is not acceptable and no excuse cuts the mustard.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 5, 2020 6:08:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 2:31:20 AM(UTC)
In my experience, and I play a lot of FFA and Team, there are very few players using speed cheats in those modes. I’ve encountered one in the last 6 months. Clearly, it’s more prevalent in Rivals where there are often a bunch of cheats at the top of the monthly leaderboard.

I immediately reported the one cheat I did encounter, and am aware that several others did as well. Nothing happened. He carried on playing until he reached GM at FFA and, so far as I am aware, is still on there (over the last couple of months he has only done 1 race per month which, of course, is all he now needs to do to maintain his GM rank). I’d have expected this type of cheating to be easily dealt with but even the clear cheats at the top of the monthly rivals (see the guy running quicker than no3 in Auto this month) never get removed or punished.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 6:39:09 AM(UTC)
I have seen the times in Rivals...and for many of them, it's hard for me to know how real/fake they could be as I don't rank that high.

However, the ones on leaderboards for Speed Zones, Traps, and Danger Signs? They make me crack up. An untuned D-class car in the Top 10...plenty of A-class...and the top spot Danger Sign is inevitably over 30,000 feet. Like how hard is it to do IP bans for multiple offenders. It's not a glitch that just happened to read such a thing...they are consistent and repetitive. So, whatever.
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 8:13:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
I have seen the times in Rivals...and for many of them, it's hard for me to know how real/fake they could be as I don't rank that high.

However, the ones on leaderboards for Speed Zones, Traps, and Danger Signs? They make me crack up. An untuned D-class car in the Top 10...plenty of A-class...and the top spot Danger Sign is inevitably over 30,000 feet. Like how hard is it to do IP bans for multiple offenders. It's not a glitch that just happened to read such a thing...they are consistent and repetitive. So, whatever.

Agreed, I was pleased before when I got in the high 290's at the trap just past the festival then I see a Peel P50 in the top 10 with 340 odd mph.

If the devs don't care enough to address it there's little we can do.

As is demonstrated on here at times the average player is fooled by the cars being added every series into thinking the devs support + care about the game + it's players when it couldn't be much further from the truth.

Notice with the game how the things casuals will see work fine? Yet things they'll never see/take notice of like cheating at the top of the PR stunt leaderboards, speed boosters in rivals (yet again at the top), the sketchy collision system in online adventure or the bizarre points system are seemingly never going to be looked at for the rest of the game's life?
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 2:43:23 PM(UTC)

Most consumer IPs these days are dynamic. Microsoft would have to issue a request to the offender's ISP preventing them from using that connection to play on Xbox Live. That's not legally possible.

Sadly, it's Microsoft's (and Playground's) fault that the crossplay is forced in this game. Microsoft opened the gates and they don't even have a VAC-like system to catch cheaters. I'm on console and I don't pay Xbox Live Gold to have PC freeloaders ruin my experience.

I hope they have something in place when Forza Motorsport releases or it'll be very ugly for them.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 6:47:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
In my experience, and I play a lot of FFA and Team, there are very few players using speed cheats in those modes. I’ve encountered one in the last 6 months. Clearly, it’s more prevalent in Rivals where there are often a bunch of cheats at the top of the monthly leaderboard.

I'm going to guess that your FFA/Team racing is Ranked FFA/Team? The only multiplayer/online adventure that I care to do anymore is with a casual nightly club group, either unranked or custom lobby, and we encounter these modding/cheating losers fairly often like, all the time. Most don't even bother trying to hide it.

They tend to fall into two categories: The first I call "newly-modded" as they appear to be testing it out for the first time (as evidenced by their complete lack of control, apparent unfamiliarity with what they're doing as they brazenly try out new tricks in front of the entire lobby during races).

The second are more like "mod-showmen." First, they'll screw around in last place for a few races, sort of blending in. But once a new championship begins, they'll try the same stunt each race; purposely hang waaay back in the beginning so that they can pass everyone at some ridiculous warp 10 speed, showing off and rubbing everyone's nose in it. Those clowns are particularly galling; it's not enough to just begin the race at warp 10, blowing everyone away from the get-go. No, they want everyone to know what they're getting away with. The hang-back in the beginning allows them the opportunity to show everyone, including those that would otherwise finish in the back, just how obnoxious loser trash players can be as they skip on by.

Some noticed behaviors...their wheels don't spin, at all, but maybe that makes sense because they already seem to hover above the road (so why would wheels need to spin?), are impervious to whatever physics that apply to you (that barrier will slow you down, even stop you, (but they exist in the Matrix, so...) can disappear and reappear all over the place, and seem to be playing in a sort of Rivals ghost-like state (the Matrix). Oh, and they can quit out of the race, which dumps them out of the lobby, but then can rejoin the lobby and back into the very same race they left I mean come on, PG.

Now that I think about it, I tend to do custom dirt lobbies, some FFA, during the day when I see you doing ranked, so perhaps this trash mod behavior is just more prevalent at those night hours; maybe time zone-related too?

Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

Most consumer IPs these days are dynamic. Microsoft would have to issue a request to the offender's ISP preventing them from using that connection to play on Xbox Live. That's not legally possible.

Why is that not legally possible? I'm not very network/isp-savvy, so perhaps I'm misunderstanding (probably), but instead of trying address this from the isp/Xbox live end, why wouldn't/couldn't/don't they address this trash modding by slapping these people with account bans? You have to be signed in to play regardless, right? And isn't this one of those 'play anywhere' games Microsoft likes to make a big deal about? Wouldn't that render any enforcement action tied to a specific ISP/connection moot (or just not very effective, rather, since an abuser could just scurry to a friends house and pick up where it left off)?

It seems (to me) that it'd be much easier if after, say, seeing EvilSquryl's 00:00.392 lap times splashed across every circuit leaderboard, surely there's something on their end that they could do to that xbox account that would kill the game when it tries to launch, ...perhaps something they could do to the game save in the cloud (provided it doesn't get corrupted on its own)...hell, they could just delete the save. And if modding breaches TOS agreement, resulting in a ban, that's just for that one game? Or in our case, it applies to entire Forza franchise, right? Perhaps they should consider making that a full ban across the board, killing that Live account? If you're going to mod- **** one game, I would think you're probably a candidate for continued offenses on other games elsewhere.

At any rate, this garbage really puts a stick in my craw, or whatever the heck that saying is (what does that even mean, anyway? "Craw?" Ugh).

Edited by user Sunday, August 9, 2020 10:23:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Every train needs a caboose, right?
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 11:50:02 PM(UTC)
Concerning joining back same race, I had this experience that I joined back after disconnect and had the surprise to have the end race board displayed while being in the waiting lobby. I assume the game gets lost when player is at race start, leaves and is back before the end of the race. Happened only once so not sure if it is a replicable scenario or not.

Xbox games as a whole looks like in a quite difficult situation, while Sony buys exclusivity of many games, the recent streams being FH or Xbox are clearly not a demonstration of investing massively in the game division, the new SX looks like a giant tree hiding a even bigger desert. The possible reason they are not working on this topic is they have no resource for that.

Speed hack spread looks very limited, usually when hack is found it is propagating just like covid, here, looks relatively rare, could it be that it is related to some hardware, like using high end configuration glitching the fps/speed calculation ? I already experienced that my cars feel slower in quality mode than in performance mode but also read that FH was meeting top speed issues above 60 fps ...

Globally MS is focused on gamepass, getting new players is the top and sole objective therefore I don't expect much related to FH above 1K hours players. Personally, considering that, I am quite worried of the possible upcoming upsize of garage which will come with global modification of players profile for which no backup exist.

Sync screen of death, forum bug not fixed = low xbox budget, struggle to fix bugs, light live streams, revamped content, and struggle to fight hacks = low FH budget.

End of the day, possibly they are some good people there doing all they can to make the game good but simply do not have resources required to do it.

#9 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 12:46:27 AM(UTC)
No, what I mean is example player EvilSquryl quits out of a race at say, 20% completion. EvilSquryl disappears from the race, his name is removed from the updating race places. He is gone. Now remember, when you leave a race in H4, you are quitting the entire championship and leaving the lobby as opposed to H3 where you could exit race, change your car in the lobby, and rejoin next race. In H4, even if you found the same exact lobby right away, you can't rejoin until the current race has completed. But EvilSquryl decides to come back, and the same race he left at 20% is now at 85%, but since he is a modding piece of garbage — a very naughty Squryl — he skips the waiting in the lobby part and steps right back into that same race. Whether we mortals quit out, rage quit, or get disconnected, the exit is straight to freeroam. We don't get to rejoin a race in progress that we already left. I have seen this a number of times and will send you a little video clip.

And trust me, I've been hammered enough times by top quality (and merciless) friends and even casual but capable rwd's to know what's fast, what's smokin, and what's a big fat pile of donkey doo. From my cozy little perch that I call "last place," I've watched many a vehicle accelerate away. I've seen tons of screw ups accidents and recoveries. I assure you this is happening. They literally look like they're playing a completely different game and their actions are like, copy/pasted into our race. It's garbage. The starship enterprise is not an unlockable exclusive (yet), and what I am talking about is above and beyond frame rate or quality differences/adjustments. Oh I forgot to mention they can return to the race they quit in an incorrectly classed car. They are very naughty people.

And for what it's worth, I understand limited resources, and tend to give PG the benefit of the doubt far more than most around here. But I cannot tolerate the **** of this game by heathens. And remember, Microsoft is MICROSOFT....infinite resources should be available!

#10 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 5:25:24 AM(UTC)
I do share the frustration, I am still surprised it is not propagating more ...

I wouldn't bet a penny on any of big M infinite resources coming to FH. FH is case closed, current topic is FM and they look quite late on it. Up to me, the only thing current FH "team" could be working on would be a SX version of FH to sell bit more the very same product.
#11 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 6:21:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
And for what it's worth, I understand limited resources, and tend to give PG the benefit of the doubt far more than most around here. But I cannot tolerate the **** of this game by heathens. And remember, Microsoft is MICROSOFT....infinite resources should be available!

They can't stop cheating in AoE II DE either, also a Microsoft / Xbox Game Studios game, and a fairly high profile game. This month they added a new feature, a Mongol Raiders challenge where you get a score at the end and there is a leaderboard for the top 100. Every single score in the top 100 is a cheater. Someone even created an account called "WE'RE ALL CHEATERS BTW" and put it in the top 10 to make a point, but they seem unable to prevent the cheating.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 8:12:54 AM(UTC)
Aw man, that Evilsquryl guy, I hate him. Gonna mad ram him the next time I see him. lol Yes, I assumed gender.

For the most part, the cheating is just an annoyance to me. For now, I do the PR stunt stuff and like getting Top 5% and higher...but I'm still in the tens of thousands out from first place. So the only thing they are really doing for me is killing what achievable goal I can shoot for. Let's see, I did a jump for 1328 feet...is my target for the top jump 1600 or 33,000? lol. I don't do the FFA/Team racing except to maintain rank each month and earn rewards. But I might be getting into it more since I have completed most everything else. But then I hear the stories of cheaters and rammers and wonder if I even want to bother.

Maybe I'll focus on getting better at painting instead.
#13 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 12:04:26 PM(UTC)
For the most part, the cheating is just an annoyance to me. For now, I do the PR stunt stuff and like getting Top 5% and higher...but I'm still in the tens of thousands out from first place. So the only thing they are really doing for me is killing what achievable goal I can shoot for. Let's see, I did a jump for 1328 feet...is my target for the top jump 1600 or 33,000?

If you add some people from this forum as friends, you'll have comparisons with people who aren't cheating. People like me, Jezza, Ziperr, FN, Rayne, El Barto etc.
#14 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 1:07:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
If you add some people from this forum as friends, you'll have comparisons with people who aren't cheating. People like me, Jezza, Ziperr, FN, Rayne, El Barto etc.

I looked you guys up when I was doing Rivals...you are all obviously cheaters. lol

But thanks for the offer, I'll do that

Edited by user Monday, August 10, 2020 1:08:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 1:18:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

I looked you guys up when I was doing Rivals...you are all obviously cheaters. lol

But thanks for the offer, I'll do that

My money's on 'aliens.' 👽🪐 😄
#16 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 2:26:58 PM(UTC)
Aw man, that Evilsquryl guy, I hate him. Gonna mad ram him the next time I see him. lol Yes, I assumed gender.

For the most part, the cheating is just an annoyance to me. For now, I do the PR stunt stuff and like getting Top 5% and higher...but I'm still in the tens of thousands out from first place. So the only thing they are really doing for me is killing what achievable goal I can shoot for. Let's see, I did a jump for 1328 feet...is my target for the top jump 1600 or 33,000? lol. I don't do the FFA/Team racing except to maintain rank each month and earn rewards. But I might be getting into it more since I have completed most everything else. But then I hear the stories of cheaters and rammers and wonder if I even want to bother.

Maybe I'll focus on getting better at painting instead.

I wouldn't say don't bother; online adventures can be very enjoyable when embarking with a group of friends or clubmates. While it won't deter trashy modders like that EvilSquryl, grouping with clubmates can have a positive, calming affect on lobbies as "there's safety in numbers." When joining a full lobby that already has six players from, say, Club Vehicular Jihad [ghad], potentially naughty incoming players may think twice about bullying/getting all pushy with the [ghad]s if doing so looks like it will result in getting ganged up on and gangbanged every other corner.

Certainly not always... And we all know that all it takes is for just one single player to carelessly come into contact w another, or someone pushes back too hard after getting hit, etc etc, and 💥Bam!💥your happy, clean and resepctfull lobby devolves straight into The Seventh Circle of Hell. Fun!

But, generally speaking, racing with friends/allies at least creates a small buffer...and the bigger your group, the less room that can be open to whatever random crazies paired into your lobby as well.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 12:04:32 AM(UTC)
Report them! Record a video, open a ticket and do your part. It's the only way things will get better honestly.
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 4:06:51 AM(UTC)
Lol - there’s clearly different levels of alien. I’ve ran 54.2 in this month’s rivals event (in the rwd boneshaker). I can see how I could break 54 seconds but the legitimate best time is at 52.9 - more than a second faster. How is anyone that good??

As for Ranked, I honestly wouldn’t worry about speed hackers. They are extremely rare. I’m probably averaging about 200 or so adventures a month across FFA and Team over the last few months and I’ve had one adventure where someone has obviously speed hacked in all that time. I’m also on the team wars discord, who take everything pretty seriously and would definitely highlight any known cheats, and I’ve only seen a couple of individuals mentioned on there as speed hackers. I don’t know why Squryl is encountering so many In unranked - although he knows his stuff so clearly is!

Ramming is, sadly, more prevalent. I try and avoid overtaking people i don’t know near checkpoints or walls, where they can easily try and push you around or into them. All you can really do is be patient and assume that they will mess up a corner fairly swiftly so you can use your better driving skills to get by.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 11:37:44 AM(UTC)
Just read on a french article that related to Halo Infinite being late, T10 resources have been "requested for support".

Adding FH was already behind FM in terms of priority ... not tomorrow that anything is fixed or improved on FH ...

Honestly I would I thought that, Halo being officially postponed they would have put pressure on other games to do quick update for supporting SX... sounds like MS is playing domino effect there, Halo is late so take T10 resources from FM which started dev only on june ... how MS infinite resources works ...

Edited by user Wednesday, August 12, 2020 9:14:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error