2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2020 4:52:39 PM(UTC)
Hey Guys,

I take it some of us are facing silly disconnect issues on Multiplayer?
The strange thing is... these never used to happen as frequently as they now do.
I can't seem to complete a single lap before being kicked out of an online race... highly annoying to say the least.

I did speak to one of the Support reps and got this back:
"It is an issue that is currently being investigated as we speak we will update everyone when we have more info."
"We will send out an announcement when we have a resolution."

I've tried all the recommended fixes, reinstalling the game, network adapters, Teredo client, ipv4/v6 tunneling and port forwarding - nothing works sadly.

I think its definitely something at the Forza/Microsoft end!

It really is a shame!
Hope the devs find a fix soon!

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 11:13:36 AM(UTC)
Yep, I've been getting a lot of the same. It's funny cause some days it'll work for like a race or two, maybe 10-20 minutes, before kicking me. After that it will get exponentially more unstable and kick me after like 2 minutes, then a few seconds, then just tells me to bugger off completely with the "failed to acquire server data" error. Other days it just doesn't even try.

I've also tried everything. Seems to be mainly an issue with players in the UK.

Glad they're admitting some kind of fault to those that chase through the support lines, I think would be appreciated to have some kind of public announcement for all the people still in the dark.

Looking forward to being able to race again, although it hasn't worked for like 3 weeks now so it's starting to get a bit tiresome.
#3 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 12:59:39 PM(UTC)
I've been getting a lot of this very recently too, and I thought it was my new BT router. I can't complete many online races without being 'disconnected from the server'. I've also tried the fixes you mentioned and no luck.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 9:09:48 AM(UTC)
Been having the same issue for over 2 weeks now. Wonder when they will do somethign about it?
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 9:44:30 AM(UTC)
Hi all,

It's reassuring to see that others are having these exact same issues - it's been driving me and my friends mad this last few weeks and as @duckdonation says above it's getting progressively worse to the point it's unplayable. As @duckdonation also says it does seem to be a UK issue according to the Forza page on Down Detector.

Like the OP I've tried everything. Xbox Network Settings occasionally shows server connectivity Blocked / Teredo unable to qualify but even when everything in that is fine the game still kicks me out randomly. I had a live chat with Microsoft Support earlier who unhelpfully told me that the issue likely sits with the Publisher's servers and although they've had a high number of users contacting them with similar issues it's not something they can resolve (even though I thought MS owned Forza)?

As they recommended to me, I've raised a support ticket on support.forzamotorsport.net and recommend others do this too so this is officially documented and acknowledged (I can't understand how on their Forza Support Twitter they're saying everything is fine when it clearly isn't).

Really hoping it's resolved soon and we can get back to racing :-(
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 7:31:15 AM(UTC)
Turn 10/Microsoft haven't even publicly recognized this as an issue, despite all the complaints.

I'm starting to doubt that they will do anything about it, I haven't been able to use multiplayer for the best part of a month now.
#7 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 4:41:50 AM(UTC)
I dont think their bothered, even though the check says all connected and fine constant disconnects its the same for horizon!
#8 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 9:58:19 AM(UTC)
Submitted a ticket yesterday and today received an email saying they are working on fixing the issue. They said they would update everyone when it's fixed.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 2:46:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DOR RAGER Go to Quoted Post
Submitted a ticket yesterday and today received an email saying they are working on fixing the issue. They said they would update everyone when it's fixed.

I signed up for the DOR mazda races but had to pull out because I cant stay connected, this also ossurs on Horizon! My xbox live check on the PC says all good but my isp TalkTalk dont have any ipv6 in their network so im thinking this is the issue with the routing. The only ips's in the UK that I know have ipv6 are BT nad Sky would be interesting to see if players on them networks get disconnects?
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 2:46:48 AM(UTC)
Duplicate post!

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2020 3:03:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 3:51:46 AM(UTC)
I actually had some success yesterday.

I thought I had tried all the teredo-related fixes, but I found a different one that actually allowed me to play for a good while. It'll probably only work for players in the UK, but then I think that's where the issues are anyway.

Try this:

Open command prompt as admin.

Type:

netsh int ipv6 set teredo client teredo.trex.fi

Restart Computer

Command prompt again as admin.

netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Restart Computer.

Genuinely interested if it helps fix the issue for others as well.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 4:07:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dean1436 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DOR RAGER Go to Quoted Post

I signed up for the DOR mazda races but had to pull out because I cant stay connected, this also ossurs on Horizon! My xbox live check on the PC says all good but my isp TalkTalk dont have any ipv6 in their network so im thinking this is the issue with the routing. The only ips's in the UK that I know have ipv6 are BT nad Sky would be interesting to see if players on them networks get disconnects?

I'm on BT and multiplayer was totally and utterly out of the question for me for the past like 6 weeks. As I said above I'd either get "failed to acquire server data" or get in for about 2 minutes before disconnecting. Found a teredo (software that helps ipv4 internet talk to ipv6) fix that interestingly seems to work for me, after trying loads of others that hadn't worked at all.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 5:37:03 AM(UTC)
Do you all have Open NAT type? I don't know how it is on the PC but it should be somewhere I guess. Some app from Xbox.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 5:56:26 AM(UTC)
re-applied this https://www.reddit.com/r...p&utm_source=shareas it did initially work for a couple of days and forwarded all xbox live ports to my pc, we have 3 xboxes and 2 gaming PC's in the house plus various windows laptops. Really getting quite frustrated with Microsoft and Playground games now cant play either Motorsport 7 or Horizon 4 online!

@Ducknation I thing being on BT who have an ipv6 network helps, gotta wait until November before I can get of this **** TalkTalk network and go back to Sky not a brilliant alternative but where I am the choice is limited.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 1:10:48 PM(UTC)
Update from me, same situation as DOR RAGER - submitted the ticket and had the following response (why they won't issue a public / Twitter statement acknowledging the issues is completely beyond me, as I highlighted to them in my feedback)...

"It is an issue that is currently being investigated as we speak we will update everyone when we have more info. I've added your information to our investigation. I am marking this ticket as "Solved" as we do not require more information from you for our investigation and are working on a fix. We don't need to bother you with a ton of questions or troubleshooting tips, as its being worked on by our devs already.

We will send out an announcement when we have a resolution."

Was good of the support rep that I didn't get the usual runaround of "turn it off and on again". The Teredo Finland server method initially improved things but made no difference after a few minutes. Hopefully the above reassures others in this situation. All we can do is wait (and hope)...

The fact that FM7 is older than FH4 does worry me in terms of support, but equally it's the most up to date Forza track racer so I do hope they fix it...
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 1:22:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Do you all have Open NAT type? I don't know how it is on the PC but it should be somewhere I guess. Some app from Xbox.

To help anyone confused by older Google results, I think this setting used to sit within the Settings page of the old Xbox Companion App (now deprecated), but the new Xbox (Beta) app does not contain any Network settings within it. Xbox Networking is instead found in the main Windows Settings.

This can be accessed via the Windows Settings cog from the Start Menu and then selecting Gaming > Xbox Networking. It'll check your connectivity and report any issues. I've had "Teredo is unable to qualify" a couple of times so in my Local Group Policy I've configured it to always be set to "Enterprise Client" (this setting avoids the need to go into elevated Command Prompt to tweak a Teredo state setting every time).

Bear in mind the "Fix It" button among other things resets your Teredo server so if you're trying the Finland server trick this'll be reset to the default windows ipv6 server.

Also if anyone is wondering what on earth Teredo means, in short it's required for Xbox Party Chat & Live gaming to work (there's a limited number of IPv4 addresses so IPv6 allows for more digits, which is then "tunnelled" down to IPv4).

Not the full technical overview by any means but hope this helps!
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 7:24:10 AM(UTC)
I know this would seem unrelated but i rolled back Nvidia drivers to 442.50 for my RTX2070 to try and stop Forza from crashing which it did AND it also stopped me from getting disconnected randomly from multiplayer constantly. Give it a go and see!
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 10:58:02 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the info, I currently don't have gaming PC but it was always somewhere. NAT status is important for correct online gaming.
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 4:44:48 AM(UTC)
So no real update for this issue however they can arrange live streams for both motorsport and horizon to show off all they things they do how about you do a live stream where you take a look at the forum and address some of the issues we are having with the games! I cannot race on multiplayer on either game, and its extremely frustrating, there is still alot of life in forza 7 with groups like DOR, PTG and others organising leagues and challenges on a weekly basis. We are not gonna see another Horizon instalment for atleasat another 12-18 months and I would imagine Forza 8 or whatever its gonna be called wont be a series X release game, possible early 2021 release, so I feel Microsoft, Turn10, Playground Games or Xbox should publicly acknowledge this issue and get about fixing asap!

I have now logged a support ticket.

Edited by user Friday, August 21, 2020 4:59:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2020 4:19:12 AM(UTC)
Guys, you can log in all the support tickets you want, Turn 10, Microsoft, Playground, XBox, and about a dozen other multi-million dollar a year companies aren't going to do anything about it. They could care less if you can play online. The money you spent on this game has already been spent on other projects and other games. Everybody gets the same cookie-cutter, form-letter response "we're working on it". Before they scraped support for FM7 at least they used to throw us a new car or two to get our minds off the real problem for a quick minute. I probably wont be buying another installment due to the fact they can't seem to get this one right, they've had how many chances, 7 yes 7 chances to get this right and haven't got it yet. Might be time to look at who's running the show and maybe find another show runner.

Edited by user Saturday, August 22, 2020 4:22:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2020 3:46:44 PM(UTC)
Nothing on the support ticket. Nothing on twitter apart form they fixed the purchasing in store issues dam quick, they fixed PES2020 issues do people actually play that? Also Elder Scrolls fixed today, Minecraft this list for boring games being fixed is endless one of Xbox's and Microsoft marquee games and its let to rot, I have been playing this since the first Forza, its a sad state of affairs!
#22 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2020 5:21:58 PM(UTC)
Well not heard anything about a fix or anything so guess won't be playing anymore Forza multiplayer. Just come back to forza a few months ago after having a break of 2 years from it after the terrible release of Forza 7 which was full of issue's many of which still exist now. Now I am back I can't play the one part of the game I really only play, multiplayer.
Guess they want people to stop buying their games.

Unless a product is several games old or the company stopped making the game completely, I expect it to be fully supported until the new game is due for release.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 6:09:05 AM(UTC)
Got the generic reply from support, so I dont see a fix anytime soon just wish they'd be honest and say we are not supporting PC players anymore.

S5 Flare (Forza Support)
Aug 22, 2020, 9:34 PM PDT
It is an issue that is currently being investigated as we speak we will update everyone when we have more info. I've added your information to our investigation. I am marking this ticket as "Solved" as we do not require more information from you for our investigation and are working on a fix. We don't need to bother you with a ton of questions or troubleshooting tips, as its being worked on by our devs already.

We will send out an announcement when we have a resolution.

Thank you,
S5 Flare
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 12:06:38 AM(UTC)
Be nice to be able to play online again...
#25 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 12:11:21 PM(UTC)
Turn10 Fix your game same issue's again, have checked everything my end and still being disconnected Nat type is open no packet loss more than fast enough internet connection checked all drivers all updates.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error