2 Pages12Prev
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#26 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:12:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blissed Away Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ConfusedGalaxy6 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: yerfdog65 Go to Quoted Post
You can buy the 'Welcome Pack' cars for free in the Autoshow if you have the Ultimate Edition or Ultimate Add-ons.


Do I need to DL each individually or is there a place to go to DL the whole pack?


Go to the DLC cars area within the autoshow and should be able to get them all in one go there.


Yep, that works, cool thanks. And these are the same cars we already have but different in some way (tunes, etc)?
Rank: Racing Legend
#27 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 3:02:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConfusedGalaxy6 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Blissed Away Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ConfusedGalaxy6 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: yerfdog65 Go to Quoted Post
You can buy the 'Welcome Pack' cars for free in the Autoshow if you have the Ultimate Edition or Ultimate Add-ons.


Do I need to DL each individually or is there a place to go to DL the whole pack?


Go to the DLC cars area within the autoshow and should be able to get them all in one go there.


Yep, that works, cool thanks. And these are the same cars we already have but different in some way (tunes, etc)?


Yes as has been stated
Similar to how the PO cars are
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#28 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:10:51 PM(UTC)
I think it's dumb that they give away PO cars as rewards for new features like Exhibition. Crushes the entire reasoning behind PO cars $$$
Rank: Driver's Permit
#29 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 3:28:01 AM(UTC)
I've tested all of that were featured in the pack, Maxed out to S2 to X Class, Those are by far better versions of the original cars, The best in those was the Ford GT and The Porsche 718 RS 60, they've had far more handling, acceleration and speed than the standard cars, Though the Aventador and F50 GT are fine for the changes...

The RX Focus was different as well, the Subaru is least interesting, i felt it was slower tbh...

Though i'm leaving no comments on the CJ5 Renegade and the Toyota T100...

To conclude, it's kind of a shame the welcome pack doesn't give out regular cars like they did on the previous games,

So i would say that it's not good at all, cause the original cars are going to have less interest since the others are going to be better in every way (not in drag fortunately, except the for the 718 RS, and the Aventador, since they have the option for drag tires).

Edited by user Saturday, August 1, 2020 6:10:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Did further test on the Aventador WP and F50 GT WP.

Rank: Driver's License
#30 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 11:12:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
The new cars have different characteristics than their none welcome pack equivalents - I.e. some/all of them can be tuned differently.

For example, No3 has set a new WR at Tarn How’s using the Welcome Pack Baja.


I fail to understand how anyone is going faster with a welcome pack car compared to the regular version of the same car. All of the WP cars suffer from a power to weight disadvantage at the same PI tuning level compared to the normal cars.

Example: The Toyota T100 Baja truck tuned to S1 900 4WD has 1243hp and weighs 4167 pounds. The WP version tuned to the same S1 900 4WD setup has only 1070hp and weighs 4092 pounds.

Power to weight ratio gives the advantage to the regular version. The same thing happens with ALL of the other WP cars, when tuned to the same PI numbers the regular cars have the distinct advantage. Anyone new to the game buying that pack and using those cars would get left behind in a race against the normal versions of the same cars.

There is literally ZERO legitimate reason to do this.
Rank: Driver's License
#31 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2020 11:18:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConfusedGalaxy6 Go to Quoted Post
I think it's dumb that they give away PO cars as rewards for new features like Exhibition. Crushes the entire reasoning behind PO cars $$$


You can't pre-order the game anymore, that's why the PO cars got offered up. When I went to buy the game the pre-order was stopped more than two WEEKS before release day everywhere, so I wasn't able to get ANY of the PO bonus cars. Plus there's still two PO cars that I haven't seen offered ingame yet, and that's the Aston Martin and McLaren PO cars.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 12:31:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheBlueStig Go to Quoted Post


You can't pre-order the game anymore, that's why the PO cars got offered up. When I went to buy the game the pre-order was stopped more than two WEEKS before release day everywhere, so I wasn't able to get ANY of the PO bonus cars. Plus there's still two PO cars that I haven't seen offered ingame yet, and that's the Aston Martin and McLaren PO cars.


The DB11 PO was offered at least once (Tommy Bargains I think). The 720S PO is the only one that wasn't offered yet.

Originally Posted by: TheBlueStig Go to Quoted Post

I fail to understand how anyone is going faster with a welcome pack car compared to the regular version of the same car. All of the WP cars suffer from a power to weight disadvantage at the same PI tuning level compared to the normal cars.

Example: The Toyota T100 Baja truck tuned to S1 900 4WD has 1243hp and weighs 4167 pounds. The WP version tuned to the same S1 900 4WD setup has only 1070hp and weighs 4092 pounds.


While it's true they all have a worse power/weight ratio in the case of the Baja it doesn't matter. The big weakness of the normal Baja is its cornering grip and stability. The WP eliminates this weakness by some extent and still has more than enough power. Meaning the time gains through better handling outweigh the time losses under acceleration on most tracks.

Every other WP-car is weaker than its counterpart on a reasonable PI level (while the Ford GT '17 can't be compared). At least, that's what my testing indicates.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#33 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 9:50:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheBlueStig Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ConfusedGalaxy6 Go to Quoted Post
I think it's dumb that they give away PO cars as rewards for new features like Exhibition. Crushes the entire reasoning behind PO cars $$$


You can't pre-order the game anymore, that's why the PO cars got offered up. When I went to buy the game the pre-order was stopped more than two WEEKS before release day everywhere, so I wasn't able to get ANY of the PO bonus cars. Plus there's still two PO cars that I haven't seen offered ingame yet, and that's the Aston Martin and McLaren PO cars.


The Aston Martin was offered on Christmas Day.

The McLaren has not been offered yet, which means the only people who can legitimately have all the cars in the game as original owner are those who preordered the game from Xbox Live. However, it's not required to simply own all of the cars.

Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Every other WP-car is weaker than its counterpart on a reasonable PI level (while the Ford GT '17 can't be compared). At least, that's what my testing indicates.


IMO generally speaking this pack was a bad idea. All those cars are expensive in the game but if they're worse than the originals then they're useless, especially next to things that regularly appear on the Playlist/Forzashop. If they had made the cars OP it'd have been a P2W situation which is equally bad but at least justifies the pack's price.

If these were extra FE cars, of which there's plenty in FM7 to grab, I could understand... They'd feel special at least. But this pack costs money and has worse cars save for one... Not even a special license plate or a livery... Very weird decision IMO.

Edited by user Monday, August 3, 2020 9:56:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#34 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 2:40:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Time savers... So much for "it's free!".

Granted, it's just $2.49, but still, it's a time saver. P2W. However you name it.

If this was Ubisoft, oh boy...


If this was Ubisoft fans would be more than happy. They offer the Eclipse that was already in the game for 15+$.

And how is it P2W? I can't beat any WR and I have the Pack too. :D
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#35 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 4:33:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: TheBlueStig Go to Quoted Post

I fail to understand how anyone is going faster with a welcome pack car compared to the regular version of the same car. All of the WP cars suffer from a power to weight disadvantage at the same PI tuning level compared to the normal cars.

Example: The Toyota T100 Baja truck tuned to S1 900 4WD has 1243hp and weighs 4167 pounds. The WP version tuned to the same S1 900 4WD setup has only 1070hp and weighs 4092 pounds.


While it's true they all have a worse power/weight ratio in the case of the Baja it doesn't matter. The big weakness of the normal Baja is its cornering grip and stability. The WP eliminates this weakness by some extent and still has more than enough power. Meaning the time gains through better handling outweigh the time losses under acceleration on most tracks.

Exactly that. Normal version was fast, but was lacking handling/stability for me. I guess now Baja WP will be my S1 CC ranked car.

@GT40 WP - I saw YT videos where they praise GT40. It feels nice to drive, but for me it is not that good. However, I only did test it in freeroam and in one rivals track - Greendale Super Sprint..
Did time that was good for 250th place or something like that. After this I tried F50 GT WP in which I improved my time by 2sec. Later swapped to normal F50 GT and was faster by next 2seconds.

Can anyone buy WP cars in auction house or does this work like any other DLC car? That You have to own DLC to be able to drive that car.
I bought 2 cheap Bajas to sell them later, but as I think about it more, it might not be a good deal.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#36 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 6:02:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post

Can anyone buy WP cars in auction house or does this work like any other DLC car? That You have to own DLC to be able to drive that car.
I bought 2 cheap Bajas to sell them later, but as I think about it more, it might not be a good deal.


You have to own the DLC to be able to buy them at auction. Your profiteering plan will not succeed :D
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 6:43:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
You have to own the DLC to be able to buy them at auction. Your profiteering plan will not succeed :D

Yay :)

1st was bought for 50kCR and 2nd for 275kCR. It will take me weeks to get up from this financial loss :(
Rank: Driver's License
#38 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2020 1:26:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
The big weakness of the normal Baja is its cornering grip and stability. The WP eliminates this weakness by some extent and still has more than enough power. Meaning the time gains through better handling outweigh the time losses under acceleration on most tracks.


The normal Baja is just fine in the handling and grip department when it's tuned. Most people never bother to touch the springs, dampers, and other suspension settings so they're left with a soft wallowing pig of a truck that shifts weight badly and wheel-bounces on every bump killing grip. I put the same tune in both versions of the truck and both felt the same to me. I shared the tunes if anyone is interested.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error