This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2014 12:06:54 PM(UTC)
Check out IGN.com as it seems T10 have paid them off to produce news on a daily basis to build hype for the game and hopefully increase sales. It's worked because I'm pumped to get my hands on it just hoping for a way to smarten up (the opposite of dumb down) the handling to a more realistic mode and that I can raise and lower the roof on my 458 Sypder.

http://www.ign.com/artic...-need-to-know-ign-first

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2014 1:34:20 PM(UTC)
they have been doing that since the start of the month and I guess they will start a new game the next month. They cover a big game a month everyday now
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 5:21:30 AM(UTC)
Sadly IGN as usual has handled it horribly. Every day a couple of people talking about some inane subject with the same E3 trailer footage looped in the background. Perhaps they haven't been given enough in regards to assets to use, and there are perhaps certain things they can't talk about, but I think the coverage has been very poor.

Lets see what their future coverage is like when covering other games, but I'm not fond of IGN these days.
#4 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 7:37:46 AM(UTC)
IGN is going down rather quickly. Their regular News videos are good, but everything else seems to be falling flat. I use Polygon for my game reviews and news now. They seem to be more on par with everything.
#5 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 5:10:14 PM(UTC)
I think the coverage has been good, but I am a casual (working towards intermediate) Forza player and a casual gamer in general, and have found IGN a decent source of news, previews & reviews. (Heck, even my daughter got a big kick from the recent "Girl Meets World" review on IGN) I think they are working the best they can with the source material they are given. I'll have to check out Polygon.

The recent 'Explore FH2's Dynamic World', 'Social Innovations' and car demo vids were cool, have watched them a couple of times already. (It's great watching them thru the XB YT app, in HD with extra speakers) The devs have such passion for these games, amazing. Must be great to love what you do for a living...

One thing I will say, quoting Dan Greenwalt from Turn 10, stating that one of their hopes was to use Forza to turn gamers into car people (and car people into gamers). That worked for me, if just as a casual car guy. Fascinating how much technology, passion, different models, etc are out there. Partly because of Forza, but also due to starting to watch the Tudor series, I am contemplating checking out the Road America USCC race in August. Location wise it is only about 3 hours away from me, but money is super-tight, so we will see what happens...

Notification

Icon
Error