2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 10:07:54 PM(UTC)
Hi all,

Cars/tunes/suggestions for this weeks seasonal for those that find such useful. All tunes are my own, unless otherwise noted, all shared by myself (or others). ~ tune name / share code. If you use anything offered here, and you like it/it was useful to you, please don't forget to leave a like.

Originally Posted by: WangKeRui Go to Quoted Post
Online:
**Trial: "Trial and Error" | Road Racing | (S1 900) Track Toys
**Car used: 2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed FE (FE)
**Tune: S900 AWD FE / 285 527 952
AND/OR
**Car used: 2014 BAC Mono (Autoshow 160,000 Cr)
**Tune: S1 Games Rail / 153 624 733

... The Bentley tune I used is a 1st / podium finish car offline against unbeatable ... The actual trial itself is a different matter, here it is a midfield car/tune, however it was midfield against the A.I. ...
I covered my general experience with the Bentley above, I will just add that is is quite stable at speed, and has good grip - tune is AWD (returned to AWD, FE version is RWD), Bentley aero, and FE race tires.
I ran the trail again in the Mono, ... ran first on Goliath, 4th from 12th on the Horizon track after a major error on my part near the start, and podium on the other. Tune is rally tires, with AWD - this car starts at S1 900, so only so much can be done.

**Seasonal Playground Games | Quarry | (B700) Hot Hatch
**Car used: 2009 Vauxhall Corsa VXR (HTF)
**Tune: B700 Games / 122 058 572

...Tune is FWD, Forza rear air (P.I. cheat), with rally tires and suspension.

PR Stunts:
- Queen's Drive Speed Zone, 2018 McLaren Senna - using a tune no longer offered..,
- Coombe Speed Trap, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - 'PR Stunt Rally' (120 633 544),
- Ambleside Edge Danger Sign, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - 'PR Stunt Rally' (120 633 544).

Solo championships - Raced against Expert, Steering: Simulation, ABS: on, Traction/Stability; Off, Gearbox: Auto.

**Championship: "Midnight Mazdaness” | Street Scene | (B700) Mazda
**Car used: 1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata (Autoshow 25,000 Cr)
**Tune: B700 Road RWD / 175 525 544

Competitive tune/car for these events, not a run away winner (v. expert), at least till you pass the lead, at which point the A.I. seem to give up. Tune is RWD, runner rally tires, Rocket Bunny wide-body kit.

**Championship: "Streets Ahead" | Street Scene | (D500) 1950s
**Car used: 1958 Morris Minor 1000 (Autoshow 20,000 Cr)
**Tune: D500 Road RWD / 135 199 515

Same as for the Mazda event above, competitive tune/car right up the the point you pass the lead. This tune/car may take a little time to take the lead, but take the lead it will, due to not needing to slow too much on corners. Tune is RWD, running rally tires, Forza rear air, supercharged.

**Championship: "Hand of Rod" | Road Racing | (C600) Rods and Customs
**Car used: 1955 Chevrolet 150 Utility Sedan (Autoshow 35,000 Cr)
**Tune: C600 Road SC / 161 657 759

So for this event the A.I. were doing something very annoying - they may have done it with the other championships, but I only noted it with this one. This behavior was centered around the cars at the front, the first two, or three - again may have been the whole field, but certainly the front runners. What the A.I. was doing was staying in front matching, or closely matching speed, until you caught up to them, at which point they would zoom off to repeat matching speed. This was most annoying for this tune on the first circuit track of the event as at the point where I caught the leads and was going to pass was always occurring at a slow point on the track, to which I would lose my catch up on the lead due to there sudden 'burst' of speed. Now the simple answer is - tune, or I am not fast enough, yet this wasn't the case - since once you pass the lead, the A.I. is no where to be seen (the A.I. maybe was using faster 'cars', however seems not to matter once passed) - like I said, the first circuit track was a struggle for this car/tune and I did it many times until I managed a win, and proved the tune was capable, the other tracks were much much easier with wins by up to ten seconds even when the A.I. was doing its odd behavior. Tune runs sports tires, supercharged, RWD, long gears, no aero.

Enjoy.

1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 3:59:40 AM(UTC)
How To Win The Trial And Win The 488 Pista
1. Don't take the fastest car, It just needs AWD and Race Tires. 2. Don't leave the trial if other people leave, remember. If you are the only one, And first, You will have 650 and the drivitars will have 0.
3. Turn on your braking line. The breaking line is a great thing, but you can turn it off to get more credits, BUT WE ARE HERE FOE THE PISTA! so turn it on

Edited by user Sunday, July 26, 2020 11:55:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#28 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 12:35:53 PM(UTC)
Ended up doing it with the wall riding technique using the mentioned tune in an earlier post. Funny thing is any other time I've connected with a wall in that way my car slows to a screeching halt. With that tune it didn't. I'm wondering what's up with that. Seems strange.
 2 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 3:12:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xxV51Forza Go to Quoted Post
1. Don't take the fastest car, It just needs AWD and Race Tires. 2. Don't leave the trial if other people leave, remember. If you are the only one, And first, You will have 650 and the drivitars will have 0.
3. Turn on your braking line. The breaking line is a great thing, but you can turn it off to get more credits, BUT WE ARE HERE FOE THE PISTA! so turn it on

:)
Thanks, but I really don't need braking line and if driver can't control the car, fastest won't do any good either, as it also needs grip.
Some people can control those no grip, all speed cars, but not many. People going full speed into the scenery, usually don't score many points.
My Aston isn't the grippiest, nor fastest and I won all 3 races, DNF most of the field on last.
About quitting, I'm all in for people trailing last places to quit as they are doing nothing else, just giving points to drivatars.

PS
I have one extra Pista from this trial that's just taking up garage space, so it will be put on auction, or simply thrown out.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#30 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 3:26:43 AM(UTC)
For anyone wanting to try something RWD for the trial, the Lotus GT1 is worth a go. I used OnlyNaps tune and have run 8.46 for Goliath from a flying start in Rivals, which is probably just over 8.50 equivalent from a standing start. That tune is very easy to drive, although you do need some throttle control particularly on the tight village section with TCS off.

My understanding is that one of GTZ Marple’s RWD tunes is possibly even faster as there’s an 8.38 time on the leaderboard set with that tune (using TCS).
#31 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 4:12:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xxV51Forza Go to Quoted Post

:)
Thanks, but I really don't need braking line and if driver can't control the car, fastest won't do any good either, as it also needs grip.
Some people can control those no grip, all speed cars, but not many. People going full speed into the scenery, usually don't score many points.
My Aston isn't the grippiest, nor fastest and I won all 3 races, DNF most of the field on last.
About quitting, I'm all in for people trailing last places to quit as they are doing nothing else, just giving points to drivatars.

PS
I have one extra Pista from this trial that's just taking up garage space, so it will be put on auction, or simply thrown out.

I'm slightly surprised anyone would choose not to use the braking line, it's a great aid to help you not get lost, for a start. (Okay not so much an issue for road races.) It's also very helpful in extracting every last bit of braking speed. If someone can do all that consistently without the line, and without the seat-of-your-pants feel you get in a real car, that is impressive.
#32 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 5:38:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I'm slightly surprised anyone would choose not to use the braking line, it's a great aid to help you not get lost, for a start. (Okay not so much an issue for road races.) It's also very helpful in extracting every last bit of braking speed. If someone can do all that consistently without the line, and without the seat-of-your-pants feel you get in a real car, that is impressive.

Well never used it and hopefully never will. Also hope I did carry my weight good enough in trials I was in.
First few corners might be hit or miss, then I get a feel how early I have to be on brakes. But considering how many times I get collected from back, even if I was spot on brakes for the corner , I'm not sure how much of help that is.

It's the same as was discussed last week about me driving keyboard - something I got used to.

Anyway have fun and bb.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 5:54:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

While I don't deny it's a useful tool I can't stand any visual on-road driving aid. It detracts me more than it helps. Back in the day when I started playing racing games (Gran Turismo 1) tools like speed-dynamic braking lines weren't a thing. Thus, I got used to driving without and disable them in every racing game that allows it. As basically everything just a matter of experience and habit.
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 6:15:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

While I don't deny it's a useful tool I can't stand any visual on-road driving aid. It detracts me more than it helps. Back in the day when I started playing racing games (Gran Turismo 1) tools like speed-dynamic braking lines weren't a thing. Thus, I got used to driving without and disable them in every racing game that allows it. As basically everything just a matter of experience and habit.

GT1 didn't have a choice of routes though. I need the driving line to see where I am going, especially cross country... unless I know the track 100%.
#35 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 7:19:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Ended up doing it with the wall riding technique using the mentioned tune in an earlier post. Funny thing is any other time I've connected with a wall in that way my car slows to a screeching halt. With that tune it didn't. I'm wondering what's up with that. Seems strange.

I'm 90% certain I've used a similar strategy every time that speed zone has come up in the weeklys. Sometimes intentionally. You're going to sow down. That's just how friction works. But since it's scored based on a rolling average over the entire zone, if you get enough speed going in and through, and keep on the throttle after you hit the wall, you can exit the zone while still above target.
#36 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 8:00:16 AM(UTC)
After having shedloads of issues this week with disconnects I finally managed to get a vaguely stable session and ran a couple of the Seasonals.

*Hand Of Rod* was incredibly easy with a tuned Ford De Luxe Coupe '40- tune 245 301 569 Not the fastest car, but murders everything in the corners and leaves them for dust

The Trial- won with a Lambo Huracan Performante- tune 517 327 566. Again, not the highest top speed (it's all about the grip baby) but won all three events pretty easily.

Enjoy!

Edited by user Monday, July 27, 2020 8:04:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Slower than an asthmatic ant carrying a load of heavy shopping.
#37 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 9:42:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
For anyone wanting to try something RWD for the trial, the Lotus GT1 is worth a go. I used OnlyNaps tune and have run 8.46 for Goliath from a flying start in Rivals, which is probably just over 8.50 equivalent from a standing start. That tune is very easy to drive, although you do need some throttle control particularly on the tight village section with TCS off.

My understanding is that one of GTZ Marple’s RWD tunes is possibly even faster as there’s an 8.38 time on the leaderboard set with that tune (using TCS).

Gave my non-Goliath Elise a run at Goliath and clocked a flying 8:44. This build has race brakes, C63 V8 and a focus on weight reduction. Without the race brakes it could fit the C63 V8 with a turbocharger upgrade. Without weight reduction it could fit even more power. 8.38 is certainly possible.

Edited by user Monday, July 27, 2020 9:47:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 9:46:23 AM(UTC)
Ok, so this week was just unsettling for me. I was having so much trouble with the Trial. The AI was brutal (and why do the Supervan and 3-Eleven have so much top end? Like really?) And neither car I was running was really performing well at all...like total power drain at times.

Turns out...somehow the assists were all turned back on which was killing my driving style.. Shut everything off but ABS and off we go.

The Trial - was still rough. Lakehurst kept trashing me. Out of 8 runs, only one was done without getting bounced out of a gate...and then having to reset twice because it would place me outside of the gate right after. Still would get to finish 4th at best. Took 2nd when I made each gate. The Festival track was easier. The AI seemed to fall away aside from one front runner. It was just a high-speed, sweeping turn track. Placed first a few times. Then comes Goliath. I ran both a Huracan Performante and a Lotus Elise GT1. Inside Ambleside, it can be a violent mess. The AI often slides all the way across the lane and is just treacherous. I take the beginning part easy to keep from being rammed into buildings or non-destructible walls then play catch-up afterward. I could often get in front in the Performante before Edinburgh and build a lead. But yet somehow going through Ashbrook, I would have a Supervan on my tail again. Always lost to it in the end. In the Lotus, it would take anywhere from Bamburgh to Ashbrook to get the lead. Finally finished 1st in the Lotus so I now get to label it with a Goliath badge I made...lol. It's still not set up right, though. Had to relax the brake setting to keep it from locking up, and it is not stable through turns at all. It turns in fine but then just straightens out and understeers like all get out. So, needs a little more work. I want to try the Bentley as well. We'll see.

Huracan Performante
Lotus Elise GT1

Streets Ahead - At first I did a RWD MGA Twin-Cam that was fast but could not get control over the back of it. Saw the Isetta and just had to. I had it tuned at 600 for a prior race where it was all speed and no traction. Could not keep an engine upgrade and be at 500, so it's the original engine, Race tires. Tons of grip. I worried it would not have enough up top, and could not get the point value higher than 443. But it did swimmingly. Turns in sharply so you gotta be careful but otherwise hardly slows down on turns at all. Took to the front and stayed there.
1957 BMW Isetta 300 Export Tune: 742 555 298

Mazdaness - Was debating between an MX-5 and an RX-7. Already had both tuned to B700. Chose the 1990 Savanna RX-7. Was light, smooth, and easy to drive. Not the fastest thing but it climbed to the front and stayed there.
1990 Mazda Savannah RX-7 Tune: 130 708 516

Hand of Rod - I knew I was going to run a Lead Sled for this. So took the Mercury and started working on it. Could not get the engine the way I wanted it AND have tires...so it's got stock rubber. It gets in front, slides through the turns, and just pulls away. 10-15 seconds ahead of the rest of the pack. But ya gotta anticipate your turns a little. No worries, it has enough pull to make good once you line it back up.
1949 Mercury Coupe Tune: 164 678 820

PR Stunts
Zone - stock 2018 Volkswagen. Did this while having the assists on, gonna run it with them off. Also want to try it with a Vulcan, also stock.

Trap and Danger Sign - Did both with an S2 Lotus Eleven. The handling is horrible, lol, but it is a bullet. Not a recommended tune. lol
#39 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 9:53:35 AM(UTC)
Hey Jezza....

I saw your time for the Goliath Rivals...not bad, not bad at all.

But the top spot is literally half your time, so maybe you need to work on it a little bit. lol. Why is that guy still there? Is there even a question he's cheating? My word.

Once I get the GT1 under control, I want to do Rivals with it. Right now, I barely get under 10...but I am fighting through turns through most of it and losing a ton of time in the beginning. So we will see. Not going to hit your time at all, but if I can get within reach, I'll take that.
#40 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 10:26:28 AM(UTC)
IngoingCake8592 - few tips:
1. me and jezza was using stock tires RWD tunes - manual+clutch required. I know you liike to tune your cars, but you may want to try tunes by people Jezza mentioned.
2. losing time at beginning -> from starting line or just in corners? If "starting line" you need to turn around and do run up. If "corners" you just need to be brave in first two corneres, then bit cautious thru Ambelside, and then brave again ;)
3. If you don't know where to cut - just follow Jezza ghost --> edit: ok, it might be hard to follow Jezza if you are making 1min slower times :P So if you need any advice you can always ask ;)

PS. Just did another seasonal PGG and I think that was dumbest team I was ever in.
infected - 4 people was chasing 1 guy. They were doing laps in quarry like it was NASCAR race LOL
king - they were chasing me instead of other team kings. And when I was on the roof of building they was still trying to get my crown, but not even one was able to get the jump done.
flag - half of team left

Edited by user Monday, July 27, 2020 10:31:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 10:41:23 AM(UTC)
Where do I cut on Goliath Zip? Can’t think of any obvious shortcuts on that course. Marathon on the other hand I think I spend more time off the course than on it 😅!
#42 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 11:04:36 AM(UTC)
Where do I cut on Goliath Zip? Can’t think of any obvious shortcuts on that course. Marathon on the other hand I think I spend more time off the course than on it 😅!

There's a cut across the island... in America called Roundabouts.
#43 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 11:24:47 AM(UTC)
TBH I was referring to the obvious ones - like roundabout. In few trials we did won only one race before Goliath, so I was blocking drivatars in the last race. And when I was doing it I noticed that not everyone is driving "horizon-style" thru roundabout ;)
#44 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 11:46:17 AM(UTC)

Only place that comes to mind is that you can cut a little bit off the edge of the traffic circle just before Edinburgh.
#45 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 12:46:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

There's a cut across the island... in America called Roundabouts.

Called roundabouts in the UK too unless you're a midlander.
#46 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 1:21:59 PM(UTC)
Oh across the roundabout - that one was so obvious I didn’t even think of it as a cut!
#47 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 2:11:51 PM(UTC)
Americans and Canadians will at least know what you're talking about if you call it a roundabout or a traffic circle. The GPS lady calls it a roundabout in-game too, so it's pretty obvious. Calling it an island just confuses us.
#48 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 4:28:54 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the tips, Ziperr.

I could use another tune, sure. And at times when I am stuck, I have. Still using one for the Baja Bug and won't ever change it. lol

The beginning of Goliath is similar to a cross-country race there, so I have those turns solid. The two tight switchbacks in the center of Ambleside before it opens up to the long Northward rise, those I have to nearly crawl through. But the real issue is just getting the tuning dialed in. Too much understeer is causing me to tenderfoot the high-speed turns. It turns in fine, then just dogs it straight out of the middle of the turn. Just gonna play around with it for a little bit more. I do enjoy the challenge and developing a skill. (Now if I can only manage those last three pesky drift challenges...lol)

Ok, and in the US they are called traffic circles unless you are in New England, then they are rotaries. lol. Or if you are in New Jersey, we call them....you know what? This is a family forum, let's just skip that part.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error