5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
#76 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 11:52:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlearActor76741 Go to Quoted Post
After getting the ' You have been disconnected' every 3 minutes after the season change, I finally started investigating properly this Morning,
solved the issue on my system by changing the Teredo server name to win10.ipv6.microsoft.com

To achieve this, have a look what your server name is, by typing netsh interface teredo show state in an elevated command prompt window.
Change servername by typing netsh interface teredo set state servername=win10.ipv6.microsoft.com

After I did this I could complete the Trial and did not get disconnected.

Thank you - this fixed my connecting dropping every few minutes. Game seems to work as it should now.
#77 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 4:16:10 PM(UTC)
I'm gathering Microsft must read these threads every now and then to see if we know the solutions to their problems.

I mentioned several days ago in another thread to change DNS as i had a similiar problem (on Xbox though) in FH3.

Prior to that i mentioned it about a year and a half ago in another thread as well.

What i do find reading some of these comments though is that PC is pretty much unstable a lot more than Xbox is.

I also found that the community is generally the ones identifying and fixing the problems (or providing the solution to fixing it) with workarounds rather than Microsoft or game developers.

Not all mind you, but a fair few it would seem.
#78 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 9:11:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
What i do find reading some of these comments though is that PC is pretty much unstable a lot more than Xbox is..

Maybe I've just been lucky until now...I only started playing Forza in February so have no historical reference but, up until this latest episode, I rarely had issues...sure, had the odd disconnect every now and then but that was it whereas other people I race with who use Xbox have had daily issues with lag etc. It wouldn't surprise me though that the PC version was more problematic as that is true for most console ports
#79 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 11:41:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AggrievedTiger2 Go to Quoted Post
Approaching the Lighthouse, I would be disconnected. Every Time.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

That is the same place I just got disconnected during the Trial.

After changing my strategy on Goliath, I was (finally) able to complete the race without getting the "Inactivity Detected" message and then a disconnect from the session. All of my disconnects had been in the vicinity of the Lighthouse.

The difference was that I chose to stay in second place, behind the lead Drivatar, rather than making a pass and taking the lead myself. Provided I stayed within "drafting" distance of the lead Drivatar, I never got the "Inactivity Detected" message. Maintained second place until the "dip" just south of the Festival, made the pass for the lead, and on to victory.

Resulted in a pretty slow time (I used the 911 GT3 4.0) admittedly, but completed the Trial.

Good luck to all who are suffering this week.

1 user liked this post.
#80 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 3:18:02 PM(UTC)
I tried the suggestion of changing to Google's DNS servers. No improvement for me, still got disconnected from Horizon Life, and in the Trial, I got disconnected during the first race.

It wouldn't make any sense for it to be a DNS issue, as I'm not aware of any credible mechanism by which multiple major ISP DNS servers could be serving incorrect information for such an extended period of time.
 3 users liked this post.
#81 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 3:45:20 PM(UTC)
It's fascinating to me that the Forza top brass speak about stuff like how ray-tracing will give slightly better reflections on a wheel or some other pointless feature, while the basic core functionality of their games is seriously flaky at times. But nobody seems to care about it.
 2 users liked this post.
#82 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 4:02:04 PM(UTC)
I tried the suggestion of changing to Google's DNS servers. No improvement for me, still got disconnected from Horizon Life, and in the Trial, I got disconnected during the first race.

It wouldn't make any sense for it to be a DNS issue, as I'm not aware of any credible mechanism by which multiple major ISP DNS servers could be serving incorrect information for such an extended period of time.

Was for me, have now been back to using my ISP DNS for quite a long time but my problem got solved when i used google DNS. I was using Xbox btw.

Seems to be a litany of problems all meshed into one such as for some Toredo and other DNS and others a bug specific to PC and so on......

For a company such as Microsoft who brag about being the biggest and best (lol) they sure seem stumped by the little things.

#83 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 4:02:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
It's fascinating to me that the Forza top brass speak about stuff like how ray-tracing will give slightly better reflections on a wheel or some other pointless feature, while the basic core functionality of their games is seriously flaky at times. But nobody seems to care about it.

Totally agree.
#84 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 4:10:23 PM(UTC)
Ok, we're experiencing the same issue on the xBox side. Does anyone know if there's a fix?
 1 user liked this post.
#85 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 4:13:25 PM(UTC)
Having failed to fix the problem with a change of DNS server, I tried the Teredo server next.

I didn't bother looking into what server was currently being used, I just used gpedit to set it to win10.ipv6.microsoft.com. I didn't like the other suggestions I've seen. It seemed plausible it could fix the problem, and also plausible that it won't need changing again in the future. It fixed the problem for me, I just completed the Trial.
#86 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 12:52:10 AM(UTC)
Typical of my luck...buy an Xbox to get around an issue on PC connectivity....then someone posts saying they have the same issue on an Xbox!!! Hopefully I get lucky and have no issues
#87 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 9:49:10 AM(UTC)
Having the same issue with Win10 v1909/18363.959.
Tried every possible Teredo solution in the internet i swear.. nothing made it work.
Got the following reply from FH4 support couple days ago:

"It is currently being investigated as we speak we will update everyone when we have more info!"

Still can't play it online.. sucks :/
#88 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 10:18:05 AM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 4 is without a doubt the least stable / most finicky software I own for PC. Fortunately, PC users are fairly good at solving the problems on their own and spreading the word to others on how to fix things. The thing I find most striking is that a lot of these fixes come from a year and a half ago; moreover, the FH4 team really hasn't put effort into stabilizing the game in so far as their patches keep introducing old errors. I guess it can be summed up with the absurdly loud title screen. If after two years they cannot reduce the volume on the title screen, then it really comes down to us PC users to figure out how to help ourselves.

At this point, we can assume the programmers are on FM or FH5 so thank you to everyone who keeps investigating these issues for the PC and posting possible solutions.
 1 user liked this post.
#89 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 10:31:22 AM(UTC)
I was reading some reviews of a new AAA game on Steam recently and one of them complained that some sound or other was too loud relative to other sounds, and it was spoiling their enjoyment of the game.

One of the developers replied in the comment thread, apologised and said they would sort it out.

It didn't take two years of multiple complaints falling on deaf ears. It took one complaint, once, and it was done straight away.

2 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 11:27:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: N1Kyo Go to Quoted Post
Tried every possible Teredo solution in the internet i swear.. nothing made it work.

Did you try only changing the server to win10.ipv6.microsoft.com ?
That is the only Teredo setting change I made, and it fixed it.
 3 users liked this post.
#91 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 11:39:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I was reading some reviews of a new AAA game on Steam recently and one of them complained that some sound or other was too loud relative to other sounds, and it was spoiling their enjoyment of the game.

One of the developers replied in the comment thread, apologised and said they would sort it out.

It didn't take two years of multiple complaints falling on deaf ears. It took one complaint, once, and it was done straight away.

"One of the developers replied", are you suggesting dev could communicate with players ? really ? ... crowd contributing, that ... that ... it burns the eyes just to read, they fixed it ... stop it ... raaaaaaahhhh .... ;)
#92 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 11:12:58 PM(UTC)

...this seems to have fixed the issue for me although, I still seem to exit online free roam sessions after each and every race (no matter if the race itself is solo or a vs race?!) requiring me to click the 'Online' button again with the FH4 settings page, which then re-connects me to an online session again.

Perhaps this is a bug...?!!!
#93 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 4:43:34 AM(UTC)
Recently started playing FH4 and so to add to the discord here, I'm suffering from the same issues as everyone else. Constant disconnections in game from sessions, it just wouldn't stay connected for more than a minute or two at most. After configuring my router for an open NAT, changing the port number for teredo, forwarding the ports for XBL and following the advice found in this thread about changing the teredo address, things have improved, a little. I'm going to try the alternate non MS teredo address later.

It really is a sorry state of affairs that this issue has persisted so long across the userbase.
 1 user liked this post.
#94 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 7:24:21 AM(UTC)
Yep same here its been like this for over a week now. Same with forza hub. Connection error all the time.

Any idea's (im on the PC version of the game)
#95 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:56:06 AM(UTC)
Thats been over a week now and I've had enough and cancelled my xbox subscription.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:57:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#96 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 3:33:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CptBloodOrange Go to Quoted Post
Yep same here its been like this for over a week now. Same with forza hub. Connection error all the time.

Any idea's (im on the PC version of the game)

...you need to change the server name as has been stated above. This resolved the issue for me and I no longer get disconnected.

😀
#97 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:57:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Deans F Go to Quoted Post

...this seems to have fixed the issue for me although, I still seem to exit online free roam sessions after each and every race (no matter if the race itself is solo or a vs race?!) requiring me to click the 'Online' button again with the FH4 settings page, which then re-connects me to an online session again.

I've tried every possible solution on the internet, by that i mean, i replaced the server, i opened ports, i changed ports, i changed policies..
The teredo state still shows as follows:

https://prnt.sc/trb07q

And the Xbox networking:

https://prnt.sc/trb133

I also added firewall exceptions/disable firewall, messed around with the registry and the network adapters / dns servers / tcpip ipv6 and what not..

Still i am unable to connect to an online session, I will mention that a week before this happened, I was constantly getting disconnected from sessions or races and you know how frustrating it is doing playgrounds finishing and getting dc'd before the rewards.. then recreating 'convoy' with my friends everytime.. it's really annoying.

I'll also note that im connected via LAN cable (so its not wifi related or something) and im playing a lot of other online games without any issues not even lags or packet losses at all.
 1 user liked this post.
#98 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 9:33:58 AM(UTC)
Since today, FH4 is not playable.
Every 5 minutes I lose connection to Horizon Life. And this is happening despite the facts that: firstly, I use the cable, not wifi, and secondly, even though all other online games, internet browsers, ect. are running normally.
Do you also experience every few minutes such a connection issues?

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 9:35:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#99 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:18:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: yomisiekyo Go to Quoted Post
Since today, FH4 is not playable.
Every 5 minutes I lose connection to Horizon Life. And this is happening despite the facts that: firstly, I use the cable, not wifi, and secondly, even though all other online games, internet browsers, ect. are running normally.
Do you also experience every few minutes such a connection issues?

same, since the season change
submitted a ticket but no one replied yet

edit: "It is currently being investigated as we speak we will update everyone when we have more info!" reply

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 11:16:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#100 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 11:39:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Deans F Go to Quoted Post

I've always had that happen after doing the Trial, it means that you can't do it multiple times in a convoy with people, because the convoy gets broken up when you all get kicked out of Horizon Life. I think when you're racing, you're not in the Life session, so you get kicked out as the Life session sees you as not having been active in it.
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error