3 Pages123Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 1:01:19 PM(UTC)
Wow, sounds good to me. I like new OP cars as a new air. But what car from the list could be OP? I heard about baja, but I don't do stuff with it too much.
 3 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:18:56 PM(UTC)
I see this car pack but i cannot access them as i already have them from Ultimate edition.

If they are OP compared to my already owned Baja then this is BS by playground games.

The contempt they are showing is astronomical. This has come about due to Microsofts involvement. That company does not care what it's consumers think.

I am now seriously considering whether to continue supporting this franchise with the next game or find something else.

Pretty disgusted by it all to be honest.

Oh and fix the damn forum up already. The web developers and admins are useless.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:20:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#53 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:31:04 PM(UTC)
REX - Did you read Max's post earlier?

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

This pack is included with both the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition and Ultimate Add-ons Bundle. If you already own the Ultimate Edition, you will need to download it separately.

You may have to download the actual pack before you can use the cars.
#54 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 5:51:10 PM(UTC)
The new Baja looks to be very strong. I can see there have already been a number of WRs set in it, mainly at cross country circuits - Riverbank etc.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 6:28:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
The new Baja looks to be very strong. I can see there have already been a number of WRs set in it, mainly at cross country circuits - Riverbank etc.

It's absolutely undriveable with a wheel, just pure RNG luck. There's literally no driving skill that can be applied to overcome it, it randomly bounces in whatever direction it wants and there's no possible input you can provide that will bring it back in line for the next checkpoint. The only way to drive it like GD does in his video would be to try it maybe several million times and hope that one of those times you get lucky with every single bounce in the entire run. I completed a run of one course by basically coasting all the way round to finish 10 seconds off the pace. As soon as you try to go flat out, you'll hit a wall or miss a checkpoint due to a bad bounce.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 7:32:27 PM(UTC)
FYI, the update added another level to horizon promo’s horizon life total (level 38).

As for the “welcome pack” cars. Not all of them are better than their standard counterparts. The F50 GT is NOT better. Subaru rally car is also not as good overall in A class. The lambo is a little different in stats but not better overall as it’s still pointless to upgrade to S2 (lots of better cars in S2).
I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#57 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:58:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post

This pack is included with both the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition and Ultimate Add-ons Bundle. If you already own the Ultimate Edition, you will need to download it separately.

It downloaded the pack which it informed me of by the 1 on the carpack tab, i cannot use them as it says i already own them.

I already had a Baja, if what some are saying is correct then i should now have 2 Baja's but i don't.

Max's post does not make sense when i own ultimate and the game automatically downloaded the welcome pack and added it to my DLC packs but did not add them to my cars and will not let me get them either as it says i already own them.

1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:28:41 PM(UTC)
REX - I had to install the pack manually. I.e. go to manage game & apps and download the welcome pack DLC - I think that was what Max was referring to. I own ultimate edition on XBox One X.

Once I'd done that I could go to the autoshow and sort by not owned.

The F50GT was clearly marked as welcome pack but the others seem to have it as part of the car name that scrolls across when you sit on their tile in the autoshow. But I can 'buy' each one for free.

Including the Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck that everyone seems to be mentioning.

1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:29:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post

It downloaded the pack which it informed me of by the 1 on the carpack tab, i cannot use them as it says i already own them.

I already had a Baja, if what some are saying is correct then i should now have 2 Baja's but i don't.

Max's post does not make sense when i own ultimate and the game automatically downloaded the welcome pack and added it to my DLC packs but did not add them to my cars and will not let me get them either as it says i already own them.

Mine did this but they were waiting for me to download each one individually from the Autoshow.
You can't miss them as they have the words "Welcome Pack" in their title description.
They have to be dl for you to photograph the to get to 711 max total too!
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 11:32:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Berniev666 Go to Quoted Post

Mine did this but they were waiting for me to download each one individually from the Autoshow.
You can't miss them as they have the words "Welcome Pack" in their title description.
They have to be dl for you to photograph the to get to 711 max total too!

Thanks to you and DamMe2006 for advice.

Ran up game and all are now in my car lists. Don't know why i couldn't see them yesterday, i mean i literally had one of each and now i have 2 of each.

This game does some really weird things at times.

1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 11:37:11 PM(UTC)

The vehicles in the Welcome Pack are not the same as those already owned by players who have the utimate edition. Their performance figures and upgrades are not the same, they have "Welcome Pack" after their name and WP after their short name. The best way to think about them is they're like HE or FE cars.

To add them to your garage you need to go to the Autoshow and find them individually. The screen images should show that they are free and although it sounds illogical, you need to purchase each one individually (free of charge). You can then choose paint jobs etc.

The 8 vehicles in the "Welcome Pack":

1996 Ferrari F50 GT "Welcome Pack"
2017 Ford GT "Welcome Pack"
2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana 9 Ford Focus RS RX "Welcome Pack"
1976 Jeep CJ5 "Welcome Pack"
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 "Welcome Pack"
1960 Porsche 718 RS60 "Welcome Pack"
2016 Subaru #199 WRX VT15R Rally Car "Welcome Pack"
1993 Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck "Welcome Pack"

There is a recent post about the DLC area within the autoshow but I've not tried it. We are only talking about 8 vehicles and, compared to some of the challenges we are asked to do, purchasing the vehicles individually is hardly a massive chore.
Originally Posted by: Blissed Away Go to Quoted Post
Go to the DLC cars area within the autoshow and you should be able to get them all in one go there.

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 12:07:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 12:03:04 AM(UTC)
I didn't have much time yesterday to run every single WP car in excessive tests, so first observations may not be entirely accurate:

1993 Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck WP:
So far the best car in the pack in relation to its normal counterpart. Significant increase in grip which allows for higher cornering precision and stability. Worse power/weight ratio than the normal one but still reaches ~380 km/h on S900. Should be better than the normal one under every circumstance.

1996 Ferrari F50 GT WP:
The comparison on my test track still needs to be done but it seems worse than the normal one so far. Worse power/weight ratio because it has higher aero values that eat up PI. Doesn't seem to corner better though (in fact the shown lateral values are lower than on the normal one). Oddity on this one is its engine sound. Of course it has the Racing V12 because the F50 GT is the donor car of it but it sounds completely different. Way more grounded, not as screeching.

1960 Porsche 718 RS60 WP:
Seems worse than the normal one, especially as RWD because it has fully upgraded clutch & gearbox which wastes tons of PI. AWD swap is the way to go here but due to its insane front tire width it also has an unnecessary PI disadvantage against the normal one. Can be downgraded to lower A-class with the Firestone vintage tires. Higher grip level than the normal one due to the tire widths but also way inferior power/weight ratio. Maybe for technical A800 tracks. Testing not done yet.

2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 WP:
Again a higher base grip than the normal one but due to its horrendous power/weight ratio on S900 no comparison to the normal Aventador. Ran ~5-6 seconds slower on my test track. Due to the higher grip and thus higher PI it can be run as bodykit Racing V12 swap on S2 998 which the normal one can't reach. Testing not done yet.

2017 Ford GT WP:
Probably the most interesting car in the whole set. Like the 720S PO or 911 GT3 RS PO its chassis is improved to a S2 998 base. Going to test a race tires build and my already shared off-road tires/race weight reduction build.

I built the other 3 as well but didn't have time to drive them yet. Can't comment on their performance yet.

In general the WP cars have higher chassis grip but waste PI for stock increased front tire width. In the cases of the Porsche and Jeep they also have fully upgraded clutch & gearbox which normally is a knock-out thanks to the huge PI waste.

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 12:08:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#63 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 12:36:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post

The vehicles in the Welcome Pack are not the same as those already owned by players who have the utimate edition. Their performance figures and upgrades are not the same, they have "Welcome Pack" after their name and WP after their short name. The best way to think about them is they're like HE or FE cars.

To add them to your garage you need to go to the Autoshow and find them individually. The screen images should show that they are free and although it sounds illogical, you need to purchase each one individually (free of charge). You can then choose paint jobs etc.

The 8 vehicles in the "Welcome Pack":

1996 Ferrari F50 GT "Welcome Pack"
2017 Ford GT "Welcome Pack"
2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana 9 Ford Focus RS RX "Welcome Pack"
1976 Jeep CJ5 "Welcome Pack"
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 "Welcome Pack"
1960 Porsche 718 RS60 "Welcome Pack"
2016 Subaru #199 WRX VT15R Rally Car "Welcome Pack"
1993 Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck "Welcome Pack"

There is a recent post about the DLC area within the autoshow but I've not tried it. We are only talking about 8 vehicles and, compared to some of the challenges we are asked to do, purchasing the vehicles individually is hardly a massive chore.
Originally Posted by: Blissed Away Go to Quoted Post
Go to the DLC cars area within the autoshow and you should be able to get them all in one go there.

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.
#64 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 3:23:17 AM(UTC)
Please excuse my inpatience, but I really need tune limit increase now.
#65 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 3:57:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 WP:
Again a higher base grip than the normal one but due to its horrendous power/weight ratio on S900 no comparison to the normal Aventador. Ran ~5-6 seconds slower on my test track. Due to the higher grip and thus higher PI it can be run as bodykit Racing V12 swap on S2 998 which the normal one can't reach. Testing not done yet.

I spent a few hours with the new Aventador. I first tried to make it work for Goliath, I never managed to put in a great lap, but did around 9:10. I could maybe get close to 9:00 with hours of tryharding, vs my best with the '05 Ford GT of 9:01, so it wasn't too far off the pace there. The main problem I had with it is it's not great with a wheel, it does the thing some cars do where it just won't turn the other way after turning one way. I've found this can't generally be resolved with tuning, cars mainly either do it or they don't, no matter how you tune them.

I then had a go at Edinburgh West End street rivals, and got into the top 50 with it, I think I ended up a bit over 2 secs slower than Jezza. Definitely not meta, but it has a decent top speed for S1. It's quite lacking in grip even for S1, so I can't see it working well for S2, though the weight reduction will help a bit. The tune I did the top 50 time with is shared if anyone wants to use that.
#66 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:00:04 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - all posts must be in English only; translate your text before posting on the forums - MM]

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 2:02:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#67 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:25:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
[quote=Rayne SE;1169292]2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 WP:
The main problem I had with it is it's not great with a wheel, it does the thing some cars do where it just won't turn the other way after turning one way. I've found this can't generally be resolved with tuning, cars mainly either do it or they don't, no matter how you tune them.

Steering is my main focus now. I didn't try Forza on a wheel but steering on a controller is not so good in some cases and it should be similar for the wheel. What's your main problem exactly?

#68 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 6:24:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Steering is my main focus now. I didn't try Forza on a wheel but steering on a controller is not so good in some cases and it should be similar for the wheel. What's your main problem exactly?

You won't have the problem with a controller because it limits your steering input so it doesn't happen. With a wheel, if you turn the wheel too far, the car then won't respond when you turn it back the other way. It will eventually respond, but it's unpredictable when it will happen, so you have no chance of judging when to turn in. So you have to get used to judging how much to turn the wheel to avoid it happening, but it only seems to be an issue for some cars, there are other cars where if you turn the wheel too far, it still turns the other way no problem.
 3 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:44:50 PM(UTC)
I hope the Subaru is good for something, because the originals are pitiful...

These cars are POs with a different name. Not really a fan of the concept. Wish they had more special things like a different license plate (even the POs lack those!). In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Ford GT was a carbon copy of the Ford GT HE from FH3, which is why it's so PI efficient.

I think I'll redeem the cars and paint them all a unique color like I did for all the POs I own. But I would have preferred it if there was something else, like the unique FEs from FM7... There's some nice metal in there!

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:48:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#70 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:10:52 PM(UTC)
Found time to run the Aventador WP and the F50 GT WP yesterday on my test track (S2 998):

Aventador WP: 5:18.030
As Bree predicted far off the pace of the fastest S2 cars (~13 seconds) and even ~5 seconds slower than the best S2 Hypercars.
Probably better for S900 on tracks with many high-speed sections and high-speed turns like Goliath. The sluggish acceleration kills it on other tracks.

F50 GT WP: 5:10.839
Not bad as a general S2 pace but still a 6 seconds gap to the normal F50 GT which is my record holder with a 5:04.706.
Still can't decide whether the higher aero values and thus worse power/weight ratio even help in cornering speed. Doesn't feel like it when driving and on the two "cornering speed measuring points" I chose on my track it had no speed advantage.

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:13:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error