#1 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2020 7:52:36 AM(UTC)
Hi, I just tested many games to be sure and it's really interesting. I have a big problem with counter-steering in Motorsport 5 to 7. There is a huge lag on a controller. Have anybody noticed it? When car slides it's not possible to correct it properly. The same problem is with drifting, you can't drift properly. If you learn the lag you can compensate it with your brain but it's not fun. No assists, everything off and the controller. What do you think?

Where counter steering works properly:
Forza Horizon series
Gran turismo 5, 6
Gran turismo Sport
Project cars 2

problem:
Forza Motorsport 5 to 7
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2020 7:54:34 AM(UTC)
Sorry for the double post but I saw an error and did retry link.
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2020 8:21:03 AM(UTC)
Check if your TV has a game mode, Input lag is usually a TV issue
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2020 8:44:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Check if your TV has a game mode, Input lag is usually a TV issue

Only Motorsports don't work.
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2020 8:56:04 AM(UTC)
OK, don't even check. It seemed to affect Motorsports more than other games for me. I doubt I would even notice in Horizon. Maybe your TV updated or something and a setting got changed. It is odd that out of nowhere you would suddenly have this issue. It isn't the game. I put game mode on and its fine. It isn't too bad without it but there is a definite lag when I do not turn game mode on. I have a Samsung.

Edited by user Monday, July 13, 2020 9:02:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2020 6:34:45 AM(UTC)
Anybody anything?
#7 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2020 7:06:06 AM(UTC)
Use normal steering instead of sim steering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKaA2_Sj8G4
#8 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2020 7:13:09 AM(UTC)
Will check it but normal steering has counter steering assist which is unplayable. I don't need assist I can counter good enough on my own :D
#9 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2020 7:18:17 AM(UTC)
Thanks, maybe it's different now I will check it today later. Last time I tested it it counter steered on its own which is not good.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 1:21:26 PM(UTC)
Wow, that's it. I am not sure what is it but you can counter steer faster which was the biggest problem. That's funny because I played for last 3 years with simulation and it worked differently than in Horizon and other games. So normal in Motorsport 7 means simulation in other games.
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 4:22:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Wow, that's it. I am not sure what is it but you can counter steer faster which was the biggest problem. That's funny because I played for last 3 years with simulation and it worked differently than in Horizon and other games. So normal in Motorsport 7 means simulation in other games.

There are now 3 different steering settings in the game, assisted, normal, and sim.
Assisted is the setting that countersteers for you, it's a bit like lane keep assist on normal cars, it will attempt to follow the race line. Normal is the usual steering we have had for a while (if it's changed I haven't noticed) where your turn in is pretty much 1 to 1 to control inputs, but the counter steer is smoothed out so the range on countersteer input goes from neutral to slightly past what you need to get out of a slide. Sim is 1 to 1 ish, that's why turn in feels the same but counter steering feels twitchy.
#12 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 6:21:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: McFuu Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

There are now 3 different steering settings in the game, assisted, normal, and sim.
Assisted is the setting that countersteers for you, it's a bit like lane keep assist on normal cars, it will attempt to follow the race line. Normal is the usual steering we have had for a while (if it's changed I haven't noticed) where your turn in is pretty much 1 to 1 to control inputs, but the counter steer is smoothed out so the range on countersteer input goes from neutral to slightly past what you need to get out of a slide. Sim is 1 to 1 ish, that's why turn in feels the same but counter steering feels twitchy.

Yeah, thanks. I use simulation in Horizon series and it works the same as in Gran Turismo. Simulation in Motorsport is OK but in fact my problem is with "double countersteering". First one is for correction and then I need the opposite one, which is too slow. It's mostly for drifting because I like to drift a lot. Chicanes are impossible with simulation because of the lag. But normal definitely feels a bit strange too. I don't know. Today I will try California drifter in M5 and will see.

Notification

Icon
Error