3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 8:36:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ExpertBrake4417 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, one question - You all have ideas about penalties and ramming, yes they spoil the game for me too. But why nobody thinks of this solution - racing in ghost mode ale the race? There could be two types of games - one with ghosting, one without. What would we lose and why nobody wants to implement that??

Why do you assume nobody has thought of it and suggested it already?
#52 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 9:41:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ExpertBrake4417 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, one question - You all have ideas about penalties and ramming, yes they spoil the game for me too. But why nobody thinks of this solution - racing in ghost mode ale the race? There could be two types of games - one with ghosting, one without. What would we lose and why nobody wants to implement that??

Why do you assume nobody has thought of it and suggested it already?

Haven't seen it discussed tahts why, and I asked why nobody implemented it and what would it mean in pracitce. Just curious, for me it would be a good solution - best driver could win?
#53 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 11:27:30 AM(UTC)
Been suggested many many times. Opinion is divided as you can imagine, and evidently the devs decided not to do it but have the compromise there is currently. Sure I'd probably prefer it to be fully ghosted all the time, but I respect that many people would hate that as it would make the racing feel very artificial and more like a shared time trial.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 11:29:23 AM(UTC)
Ok i undestand, thank you for the info.
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 12:39:26 PM(UTC)
reposting same things again and again but I keep on the position that current ghosting is ok except for long contacts that should go into ghosting to manage the most obvious ramming ( pushing someone until he takes a tree or miss the checkpoint.)

Managing through penalties could be as simple as activating the damages but I doubt it would make the game more fun.
Another could be to remove points related to having pushed another car to wall collision or out of checkpoint like disqualified like it would be the case IRL.

That said, I consider the very miss of FH4 is not having associated any glory to clean overtakes, no collision in race etc. There is no value added to playing clean while it is only this that makes a race a good time of play for every participating players. One taking outside, the other inside, pressuring the one ahead, anticipating the next move, that's the very essence of a good time in a race game. Obviously, this cannot be if the only objective is to win and ramming the other is just free to go and not given any visibility.

For me there is no need for ranked, the skill system should be just given the good info to digest, clean overtakes, start position vs finish line position, collisions with others players, collisions with walls, variety of race types done, skills of other participants and, of course finish line position. All that should be input to the skill system. FFA, team adventure etc, doesn't matter, either you are skilled or you are not.

Bottom line, one player should never loss more point than he won in the previous CS, what is done now is almost the worst that could have been done, just after resetting the level for any CP lost.

Becoming so old to that game, I am repeating the same ... over and over again like an old man.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 6:38:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
reposting same things again and again but I keep on the position that current ghosting is ok except for long contacts that should go into ghosting to manage the most obvious ramming ( pushing someone until he takes a tree or miss the checkpoint.)

Ghosting is completely jarring when in first person view. It is not OK. Collisions off racing in first person view, forget it.
#57 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2020 4:02:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post

Ghosting is completely jarring when in first person view. It is not OK. Collisions off racing in first person view, forget it.

Preferring ramming to jarring? + I am not suggesting collision off races, would result in time trial, only ghosting when ramming occurs.
#58 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 8:50:44 PM(UTC)
The only problem is some cross country events you have to crash through walls and/or fences but still great idea 👏👏👏
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error