4 Pages<<234Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#76 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 3:43:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
[quote=Jezza14;1167737]Nice. I think I did a 56.3 in the Bronco, a 56.5 in the Coupe, and 57.2 or 3 in the Wagon. Couldn't break 56 with any of them but I'm still running auto. Probably shave off a little more when I finally switch over to manual. Driving with a controller and buttons is a bit awkward for me but I'm getting better at it.

I don’t know if it will help but I don’t use buttons for gears. I use right stick up and down (obviously also disabling right and left on the stick as controls). I find that much easier than using buttons as I can just use my right thumb.

#77 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 4:05:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
My BJ-Bronco only works on this track of the Trial though.

I managed to go just 0.1 slower than you with the Roadster for Mudkickers. It's faster apart from the 2nd bit of water, where it doesn't jump as far, and loses a lot more time from the water slowing it down as a result. If it weren't for that bit, I think it would beat you by 0.5-1 seconds.

For Lakehurst, I got #1 on the leaderboard with the Roadster by half a second.

For Tarn Hows, I got #17 with the Roadster, the fastest non-Manx time.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 14, 2020 5:11:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#78 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 4:44:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
[quote=Jezza14;1167737]Nice. I think I did a 56.3 in the Bronco, a 56.5 in the Coupe, and 57.2 or 3 in the Wagon. Couldn't break 56 with any of them but I'm still running auto. Probably shave off a little more when I finally switch over to manual. Driving with a controller and buttons is a bit awkward for me but I'm getting better at it.

I don’t know if it will help but I don’t use buttons for gears. I use right stick up and down (obviously also disabling right and left on the stick as controls). I find that much easier than using buttons as I can just use my right thumb.

Oooh, interesting; what do you use to look around then?
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
#79 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:27:01 AM(UTC)
Ok, so I was having fun running a couple of Fords through the Trial and figured I would compare them side by side through Rivals. I noticed a few things: one, my times don't vary by a whole lot so consistency is a good thing, and two, my word, you guys are like 6 and 7 stars! Why am I even here?!?! lol

So the events are: Mudkicker's, Lakehurst, and Tarn Hows. I ran each car 5 laps and took the best non-flagged lap.

The '32 Five-Window Coupe placed 2nd, 2nd, and 4th
The '56 F100 placed 5th, 3rd, and 3rd
The '65 Mustang placed 4th, 4th, and 5th
The '75 Bronco took 1st, 5th, and 1st
And the '46 Wagon claimed 3rd, 1st, and 2nd

Oh, 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon Tune: 144 370 823

Interesting results. I’ll try and have a go at these Rivals events later as well, and add Bree’s Roadster and the two Raptors, and set out results. I don’t think I’ve ran any of these events that seriously in Rivals so hopefully will move me up a few positions!

Only had time to try Mudkickers today. Did 3 laps each. Results were:

Bronco -54.1
Bar-Ja Bronco - 55.0
32 Coupe - 55.3
Roadster - 55.5
Raptor 11 - 55.6
46 Station Wagon - 56.4
Capri - 59.3

Given I won using the Capri when I did the trial, it shows the standard was pretty low! Bronco, Coupe and Station Wagon were using your tunes. I see Rayne has done 53.5 using the B-J Bronco so I probably need to find a better tune for that one. Will try the other tracks tomorrow.

My Bronce tune could be a bit faster. Just managed to pass your time using automatic gears
#80 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:50:06 AM(UTC)
Ok, so I was having fun running a couple of Fords through the Trial and figured I would compare them side by side through Rivals. I noticed a few things: one, my times don't vary by a whole lot so consistency is a good thing, and two, my word, you guys are like 6 and 7 stars! Why am I even here?!?! lol

So the events are: Mudkicker's, Lakehurst, and Tarn Hows. I ran each car 5 laps and took the best non-flagged lap.

The '32 Five-Window Coupe placed 2nd, 2nd, and 4th
The '56 F100 placed 5th, 3rd, and 3rd
The '65 Mustang placed 4th, 4th, and 5th
The '75 Bronco took 1st, 5th, and 1st
And the '46 Wagon claimed 3rd, 1st, and 2nd

Oh, 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon Tune: 144 370 823

Interesting results. I’ll try and have a go at these Rivals events later as well, and add Bree’s Roadster and the two Raptors, and set out results. I don’t think I’ve ran any of these events that seriously in Rivals so hopefully will move me up a few positions!

Only had time to try Mudkickers today. Did 3 laps each. Results were:

Bronco -54.1
Bar-Ja Bronco - 55.0
32 Coupe - 55.3
Roadster - 55.5
Raptor 11 - 55.6
46 Station Wagon - 56.4
Capri - 59.3

Given I won using the Capri when I did the trial, it shows the standard was pretty low! Bronco, Coupe and Station Wagon were using your tunes. I see Rayne has done 53.5 using the B-J Bronco so I probably need to find a better tune for that one. Will try the other tracks tomorrow.

55.6 in the Roadster for me (my tune, a work in progress, so not uploaded yet) :)
 1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:50:11 AM(UTC)
Great job Bree - good to see a WR as a result of a trial event 👏.

Squryl - I have one of the buttons set up to look behind me. I don’t have any way of looking to the side but I rarely find that an issue.
#82 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:53:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
My BJ-Bronco only works on this track of the Trial though.

I managed to go just 0.1 slower than you with the Roadster for Mudkickers. It's faster apart from the 2nd bit of water, where it doesn't jump as far, and loses a lot more time from the water slowing it down as a result. If it weren't for that bit, I think it would beat you by 0.5-1 seconds.

For Lakehurst, I got #1 on the leaderboard with the Roadster by half a second.

For Tarn Hows, I got #17 with the Roadster, the fastest non-Manx time.

Out of curiosity Bree, what tyres are you running on the Roadster? I'm running the Rally/Snow but i'm thinking i need to go the sports if i want to get anywhere near your Tarn Hows time.
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:57:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
Out of curiosity Bree, what tyres are you running on the Roadster? I'm running the Rally/Snow but i'm thinking i need to go the sports if i want to get anywhere near your Tarn Hows time.

They're dirt/rally/snow tyres. There are other important things about the build that aren't immediately obvious. When I made it, I started off by improving on someone else's 600 build, which had stock tyres, and after finding a way to make a slightly better 600 than theirs, I evolved it into a 700 build, and found the rally tyres to be the fastest for the road course I developed it for, but this means it's also generally extremely strong for dirt courses.
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 7:29:18 AM(UTC)
Bree - Tried your tune on Lakehurst and wasn't able to get under 1:17. When do You shift? I shift at 4500rpm.
With my tune I managed to improve just a little bit (like 0,1-0,2sec) my Mini time. I can keep up with You until hairpin, but from that point I'm just losing ground, Don't know why. Especially that haipin exit is bothering me, because I always felt that is my strongest point.

As for Tarn Hows - did 55:4, time set with my tune. Did one dirty lap 55:3.

PS. What did You use for steering?

REX - before You ask, I'm also on offroad tires ;)
#85 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 7:40:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
Bree - Tried your tune on Lakehurst and wasn't able to get under 1:17. When do You shift? I shift at 4500rpm.
With my tune I managed to improve just a little bit (like 0,1-0,2sec) my Mini time. I can keep up with You until hairpin, but from that point I'm just losing ground, Don't know why. Especially that haipin exit is bothering me, because I always felt that is my strongest point.

As for Tarn Hows - did 55:4, time set with my tune. Did one dirty lap 55:3.

PS. What did You use for steering?

I used the wheel. I shifted shortly before it would hit the rev limiter, which may not be optimal, I didn't look at the telemetry to check the power at various rpm. I found the hairpin tricky, but I think that time I got it pretty right in terms of the braking, steering and speed to just have the outer wheels on the raised bit in the right place. There were plenty of other laps where I lost time to you there.
 1 user liked this post.
#86 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 7:41:55 PM(UTC)
Anyone try lb/rb for shifting? Someone suggested a few years ago and it has worked well. Can use the middle of my finger to shift. Could not do it until they updated the controller and made those shoulder buttons less "clicky."
 1 user liked this post.
#87 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:04:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConfusedGalaxy6 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone try lb/rb for shifting? Someone suggested a few years ago and it has worked well. Can use the middle of my finger to shift. Could not do it until they updated the controller and made those shoulder buttons less "clicky."

That's actually what I was thinking of doing. It would be akin to paddle shifters at that point. The right thumb stick thing, I do use for looking around, especially during jumps, etc...but sometimes just while cruising so I might not want to replace that.
 1 user liked this post.
#88 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 7:32:08 AM(UTC)
Hopefully no more Extreme Offroad events for a while after this week.
 2 users liked this post.
#89 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 6:10:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post

😔 Aww, c'mon, just six or seven minutes for three quick off-roads is not a lot to put up with, is it?
#90 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 6:20:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post

😔 Aww, c'mon, just six or seven minutes for three quick off-roads is not a lot to put up with, is it?

I don't know Squryl, i'm kinda with Gilles on this one. Wouldn't mind some circuit races, been a long time.

One of my favourites was the Caterham one, both because it was a circuit race and it was RWD only, which made it fun and funny at the same time watching others try to get off the mark but wheelspinning it :)

They haven't mixed it up like that for awhile.
 3 users liked this post.
#91 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 6:51:17 PM(UTC)
...and just wanted to log my support for this week's Trial. Loved having such a diverse pool of vehicles to choose from; almost wished Trial had one or two more races in it, with an extra lap or so to boot, too. 👌🏻
#92 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 8:12:26 PM(UTC)

I don't know Squryl, i'm kinda with Gilles on this one. Wouldn't mind some circuit races, been a long time.

One of my favourites was the Caterham one, both because it was a circuit race and it was RWD only, which made it fun and funny at the same time watching others try to get off the mark but wheelspinning it :)

Having an Extreme Off-road event next series is not going to harm anyone, not anymore than another rainy S2 event where cars are off the pavement more than they're on it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

However, acknowledging that along with the one Extreme Off-road cross country event, there was the SUV event on dirt, and the Trial this series also on dirt, and the monthly Rivals if not completed yet, also on dirt, I suppose I can see how one might consider all of the aforementioned together collectively as "extremely off-road." So then in that case, if I had to, I might cast a vote for, say... C600 Classic Sports Cars, RWD Road Circuits.

If I had to.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 15, 2020 8:20:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#93 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 8:33:36 PM(UTC)

I might cast a vote for, say... C600 Classic Sports Cars, RWD Road Circuits.

Oh i definately be up for that :)
 1 user liked this post.
#94 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 9:14:39 PM(UTC)

I might cast a vote for, say... C600 Classic Sports Cars, RWD Road Circuits.

Oh i definately be up for that :)

I've only just recently started playing around with rwd, with my main interest in the lower-classes. With swaps often moving lower cars up and out of their base class, I feel like I'm leaving an awful lot on the table by not taking advantage of lower car versatility (when there's any bits of advantage to try taking). Not really interested in upper class rwd right now; I'm fine with leaving that to the big kids 😝.

There's just too many constant distractions and interruptions here where I am to have to fight with the gamepad for control of the vehicle while simultaneously trying not to sideline friends/club mates and avoid getting gangbanged every other corner by the ever-multiplying lobby rabble trash never mind soldiering through near-crippling early-onset arthritic pain/fire/stabbing/piercing pains in my hands and fingers as I try to fumble through learning manual, which when attempting to do so makes my drivatar appear as if he is suffering from consecutive grand mal seizures, one right after the other, before the inevitable T-boning the car right into every single tree on the map.

So, ...yeah, I'll stick to making a wreck of the slower, lower cars for now 😬

Edited by user Wednesday, July 15, 2020 9:17:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling and grammar, of course.

#95 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 3:01:20 AM(UTC)

With the amount of car types available we should not be getting the exact same one 2 weeks in a row.

You can disagree with someone without being sarky about it.
#96 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:35:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConfusedGalaxy6 Go to Quoted Post

That's actually what I was thinking of doing. It would be akin to paddle shifters at that point. The right thumb stick thing, I do use for looking around, especially during jumps, etc...but sometimes just while cruising so I might not want to replace that.

Yes exactly it really has become second-nature. Downshifting and braking can be a bit tricky not to jump gears but it feels good. There's no way I could change right thumbstick being POV that's both a useful and cool feature. The Xbx controller bumpers (smaller, more rounded) should be even better. Lower latency too. Hopefully that will also be a more durable controller.

Edited by user Thursday, July 16, 2020 8:22:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#97 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 1:03:53 AM(UTC)

With the amount of car types available we should not be getting the exact same one 2 weeks in a row.

You can disagree with someone without being sarky about it.

I wasn't being snarky, hence the 'aww' and sad face.

Edited by user Saturday, July 18, 2020 1:06:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#98 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:42:45 PM(UTC)
For some reason I lost my photo challenge from Autumn. I've been 100%ing for the last 3 months and I won't be able to because of this. Someone mentioned seeing something similar for summer earlier in this thread, hopefully it's a bug and Forza will fix it. It's stupid but I really wanted to keep my 100% streak going. Gamification is a heluva drug.

https://imgur.com/a/KlCrwfN

Next three posts are duplicates, please delete admins. This was the error I saw and when I refreshed, the dups got posted.

Edited by user Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:55:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#99 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:43:57 PM(UTC)
Duplicate.

Edited by user Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:46:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#100 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:44:05 PM(UTC)
Duplicate.

Edited by user Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:46:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error