4 Pages1234PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 6:21:56 PM(UTC)
Is the Miura new? Or did I miss it before?

I'm pretty sure I've been staying on top of all the new content, so when I finished the Trial, I went to sell the duplicate, only to find that there was no duplicate.
#27 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 6:51:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Is the Miura new? Or did I miss it before?

I'm pretty sure I've been staying on top of all the new content, so when I finished the Trial, I went to sell the duplicate, only to find that there was no duplicate.

No not new, been in the game for a fair while now.

I don't think there that much at Auction but then again i haven't bought or sold one in a long time.

Nice car actually when you throw the right tune on it.
#28 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 8:49:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: c355n4 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Salfox69 Go to Quoted Post
If I have understood well, PGG has changed the requisite to win the prize in Playground games, it is not more needed to win the event but simply to participate (2nd place).
Can Someone confirm please?

Definitely changed to just participation. No reason to quit a game now. I just lost and got the car.

Thanks for confirmation, Max, I think that this is an important news to highlight in opening page in order to avoid for the players to quit after the first lost.
 2 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 9:46:41 PM(UTC)
I've updated the first post with that note (which I'll copy for future seasons) and screenshots.
#30 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:22:09 PM(UTC)
Mini Cooper is pretty fun for the trial. It's definitely not the option that will win anything on the straights but it's very good at cornering, hardly needs to brake much or shift down below 5th gear on any of the three tracks. Really makes this C600 trial feel dumbed down to the extreme. I DNF'd half the field on Broadway village circuit, not sure what everyone else was doing. That track has a pretty long straight after all.

Other than that I was only doing speed signs etc and that photo shot for the new Zenvo. Took like a dozen photos before I finally found the right tribune. Fun car although I don't feel that it's particularly fast. Supposedly it's good for racing in the rain? Might give it a shot in rivals later today.

Other than that I once again have to do more than just one qualifying race for team ranked adventure this series, 6 to be precise. So annoying, got 3 dirt, 1 cc and one final s900 Street scene which I ultimately ruined by completely missing the final gate on the last race when I was comfortably leading and the teams were tied. Felt so dumb that I just had to leave it be for the night.

Edited by user Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:31:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:55:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Seasonal Playground Games | Rail Yard | (B700) Classic Muscle
  • Reward: 1970 Buick GSX (previously available Exclusive model)
  • New this season: You don't have to win the event to earn the reward.

• I know people don't like PGG. I don't like PGG. Only PGG I do is for playlist. What is the point to still have it in playlist, if only requirement is to participate? Now all you need to do is bump gas/break/steering once in 30 sec to not get disconnected. What a lost of time.
    I dislike that.

PS. I like to earn my win.

Trial was fun. Not too fast, many cars to choose from. Maybe Festival Circuit in stock tires RWD Muscle Car was not most pleasant, but I can already see that I will finish with 30+ trial runs this week.
    #32 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 12:04:49 AM(UTC)
    Hello once again,

Cars/tunes/suggestions for this weeks seasonal online events plus PR stunts. All tunes are my own, unless otherwise noted, all shared by myself (or others). ~ tune name / share code. If you use anything offered here, and you like it/it was useful to you, please don't forget to leave a like.

Online:
    **Trial: "Senior Citizens" | Road Racing | (C600) 1960s
    **Car used: 1966 Hillman Imp (Carpass ~ Autoshow 25,000 Cr)
    **Tune: C600 Road / 867 436 533

A.I. performance, offline/solo is more difficult than that of the trial this week.
    Right first up, this car/tune is not going to win any speed awards, however what it is going to do is dominate the A.I. in the tight cornering circuits on offer in this trial ~ but for the Ashmoor circuit, which you can do well in, however it essentially has two straights which can cause you problems (certainly solo/offline on this track vs trial conditions is challenging). D.N.F'ed half the field (and all human players) on the Horizon Festival circuit on my first trial attempt, however quit out in the second race as was clear we were not going to win... all human players in last place, that is a nope from me! Side note, encountered another Imp in (successful attempt) the trial, first time I have ever seen anyone use this car at any point playlist and in freeroam. Tune is AWD, with vintage tires, no bumpers, no aero, with the wide-body kit option.
    I quite like C class, hope there is more like this, even D class, as these classes usually breaks the meta of players trying to choose the fastest thing (regardless of if they can handle it) they have that fits.

**Seasonal Playground Games | Rail Yard | (B700) Classic Muscle
    **Car used: 1977 Holden Torana A9X (Autoshow 130,000 Cr)
    **Tune: B700 Rally SC / 937 724 812

Used a previous tune for the games, did consider tweaking it for the games, the change would have been adjusting the final-drive for more acceleration, which in the download screen isn't something you can see at all, so decided I would just save the limited tune spots we have vs. having a tune (which looks identical to another) with 'games' in its title.
    No issue at this location with this car/tune, performance is easily sufficient, good grip, good handling, low impact from obstacles.
    Interesting change regarding not needing to win, I don't feel many know based on the number of players quitting - I 'completed' this event in the losing team - I foresee a lot of players never noticing this change, and just been very annoyed that suddenly a lot of players don't seem to quit when losing, and so quitting themselves (this is a thing I see, when I don't quit because i want to see how the car/tune works, at least it looks like people quit from what I can see (numbers on winning side dropping)). Tune is AWD, supercharged, no aero, no bumpers, rally tires.

PR Stunts:
    - Pennine Way Speed Zone, 2018 McLaren Senna - 'So Much Grip' (921 240 335) by Don Joewon Song*,
    - Cotswolds Speed Trap, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - 'PR Stunt Rally' (120 633 544),
    - Outcrop Crest Danger Sign, 2018 McLaren Senna - 'So Much Grip' (921 240 335) by Don Joewon Song*.
    *This tune is no longer available, because reasons, it is now here only for reference and due credit.

Enjoy.
     1 user liked this post.
    #33 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 12:07:50 AM(UTC)
    What a shame they've dumbed the playlist Playground Game down like that. That change has ensured I won't play it any more.
     1 user liked this post.
    #34 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 12:41:06 AM(UTC)
    With new PGG change, I might just start doing it again, just to annoy the living hell out of everybody - not that I was any good to start with, now I don't even have to try ... LOL

Edit
    Nah I'll spere everyone of my incompetence in PGG and stay out of it :)
    Its a mixed bag this choice, on one side is this option I already written, on other is much easier to get it done, idk. Time will tell.

Edited by user Friday, July 3, 2020 12:55:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
    #35 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 1:04:11 AM(UTC)
    If the Tune for the Pennine Way Speed Zone, 2018 McLaren Senna - 'So Much Grip' (921 240 335) by Don Joewon Song is not available, has someone got an equally good Tune that they could suggest?
     1 user liked this post.
    #36 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 1:13:50 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post
    With new PGG change, I might just start doing it again, just to annoy the living hell out of everybody - not that I was any good to start with, now I don't even have to try ... LOL

Edit
    Its a mixed bag this choice, on one side is this option I already written, on other is much easier to get it done, idk. Time will tell.

Previously there was some level of joy or satisfaction in winning, because you knew the other team had tried to win. Now, even if you win, you don't know how hard the other team tried. So what's the point, why not just give people the % completion just for loading the event up and as soon as it starts, end it and say congrats here's your participation medal, pat them on the head and say well done, and let them go home :p
     1 user liked this post.
    #37 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 2:09:19 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Previously there was some level of joy or satisfaction in winning, because you knew the other team had tried to win. Now, even if you win, you don't know how hard the other team tried. So what's the point, why not just give people the % completion just for loading the event up and as soon as it starts, end it and say congrats here's your participation medal, pat them on the head and say well done, and let them go home :p

I don't agree at all because so many time in a row happens that you are in a team with stock cars and many noobs with no chance to win, this is simply frustrating and for this reason (I have 100% in all series up to now) I'm very happy of this change.
    In any case in this forum there were a lot of players that have asked to PGG to change the requisite and to allow the completion with only the participation.

Edited by user Friday, July 3, 2020 2:11:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 2:16:20 AM(UTC)

I don't agree at all because so many time in a row happens that you are in a team with stock cars and many noobs with no chance to win, this is simply frustrating and for this reason (I have 100% in all series up to now) I'm very happy of this change.
    In any case in this forum there were a lot of players that have asked to PGG to change the requisite and to allow the completion with only the participation.

Typically you could just leave right away when your team was god-awful. The other team would get a quick win and be done with it, you'd queue for the next event. I agree that this is pretty dumb as that way there's no skill involved, it's just a senseless waste of time. I remember very few occasions where there were really good battles between the teams that went back and forth without having half one team quit right after the first match. I dislike PGG as well and ever since owning all cars except for a few PO ones I never do PGG anymore.
    #39 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 5:26:08 AM(UTC)
    The rivals event has the wrong description, it refers to Edinburgh Castle and a Ferrari FXX K.

I noticed that too. I just kind of half glanced at the description before it loaded and caught FXX K, then I'm on dirt in a ford...
     1 user liked this post.
    #40 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 5:49:14 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post

Edit

I agree with this somewhat. However I believe the thinking here was trying to combat people quitting out early. Having played basically every seasonal game so far, I have had my fair share of either my team quitting early or the other team leaving after the other team wins the first round of the first match. I am not that much of a fan of the pg events, sometimes they are fun but I don't play them regularly. But people quitting out early was annoying. The only other thing they could have done was put a lockout timer for anyone who quits. With how many random disconnects Xbox live has and the game itself, I don't know if that would have been any better than just giving everyone the reward after completion.

Edited by user Friday, July 3, 2020 5:51:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
    #41 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 6:56:35 AM(UTC)

I tend to agree.

There is undeniably a slow creep to the adoption of “everybody’s a winner” type mentality in today’s society.

Quite honestly, I’ve never understood what’s wrong with someone being better than you, at anything. Seeing others succeed and actually deserve the win only motivates me to up my game. And, besides, isn’t failure part of the learning process? An experience that should be fashioned into an opportunity to become better at [insert whatever] and, in turn, probably be a better person for it, too.

It may be a tough pill to swallow (for some), but not everyone’s a winner, be that playing Forza or at life in general.
    #42 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 7:18:25 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Berniev666 Go to Quoted Post
    If the Tune for the Pennine Way Speed Zone, 2018 McLaren Senna - 'So Much Grip' (921 240 335) by Don Joewon Song is not available, has someone got an equally good Tune that they could suggest?

A Don Joewon Song tune is the first selection under 'fine new tunes' for the Senna, it is possible it is as good, I only know due to today checking if there was something matching 'So Much Grip', however have not tried this tune. Don Joewon Song does try to make every user friendly tunes, so worth a shot.

Unfortunately all of Don Joewon Song's old tune are sadly now gone.

1 user liked this post.
    #43 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 7:19:19 AM(UTC)
    I can see one reason why they decided to give the prize car to everyone in the playground games. To discourage disconnects. For a long while now most weeks the games for me ended in the other team mass disconnecting after the first event. Once they lose one, they figure it's over, go requeue. But if you disconnect, you don't get the prize car. This will encourage people to play it out at least. YMMV if that's a good or bad thing.
    #44 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 7:19:43 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Cained N unAbel Go to Quoted Post

Quite honestly, I’ve never understood what’s wrong with someone being better than you, at anything. Seeing others succeed and actually deserve the win only motivates me to up my game. And, besides, isn’t failure part of the learning process? An experience that should be fashioned into an opportunity to become better at [insert whatever] and, in turn, probably be a better person for it, too.

It may be a tough pill to swallow (for some), but not everyone’s a winner, be that playing Forza or at life in general.

Your resoning IMHO is completely wrong because we are talking about a team based event and not an individual event
     3 users liked this post.
    #45 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 7:36:27 AM(UTC)
    There is undeniably a slow creep to the adoption of “everybody’s a winner” type mentality in today’s society.

I think the reason for the change to PGG is subtly different to that. It's not about everyone being a winner, it's about the manner in which the winners and losers were determined. When you had to win, the most time efficient thing to do was to quit as soon as your team seemed likely to lose. Most of the time, as soon as one team seemed better, enough people would quit to just try again that it was inevitable the team would lose. By making it only a requirement to complete the game, quitting is no longer the meta, it's the opposite, it will prolong how long it takes you to complete that playlist item. People COULD not bother playing, but as you can't completely go AFK, I think most people will probably spend the time playing it properly, I'd expect it to improve the games overall.
    #46 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 7:54:21 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: WangKeRui Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: Berniev666 Go to Quoted Post

A Don Joewon Song tune is the first selection under 'fine new tunes' for the Senna, it is possible it is as good, I only know due to today checking if there was something matching 'So Much Grip', however have not tried this tune. Don Joewon Song does try to make every user friendly tunes, so worth a shot.

Unfortunately all of Don Joewon Song's old tune are sadly now gone.

Thanks for the update, I will try later on.
     1 user liked this post.
    #47 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 8:07:07 AM(UTC)
    I'm very glad to see the change to PGG. I greatly dislike online play to begin with, and the requirement to win PGG pretty much made it a hard pass for me regardless of what car was being offered with how annoying and unfun it was for me.

At least now if I want the car I know that I can attempt to participate and try to have a good time and not have to waste a bunch of extra time waiting for matchmaking luck to put me on the winning team.

Still, I would prefer to see the time gates and exclusive cars go away entirely. I know some players enjoy showing off to the have-nots and bragging about their exclusive rewards that they "earned" by logging in at the dev's bidding and doing the completely arbitrary (and often poorly designed) weekly chores, but for me there's enough of that nonsense IRL. I just want to enjoy the fantasy of owning, driving and tuning cars I'll never likely see IRL (much less own), It's a game after all.
    #48 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 8:25:26 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

I think the reason for the change to PGG is subtly different to that. It's not about everyone being a winner, it's about the manner in which the winners and losers were determined. When you had to win, the most time efficient thing to do was to quit as soon as your team seemed likely to lose. Most of the time, as soon as one team seemed better, enough people would quit to just try again that it was inevitable the team would lose. By making it only a requirement to complete the game, quitting is no longer the meta, it's the opposite, it will prolong how long it takes you to complete that playlist item. People COULD not bother playing, but as you can't completely go AFK, I think most people will probably spend the time playing it properly, I'd expect it to improve the games overall.

Unless it has been announced in-game that you don't need to win, I assume people will continue to quit early anyway.

I would think that most people who DO know you don't need to win, will not try very hard, even if only subconsciously. People tend not to try very hard at anything if there is no reward for doing so.
    #49 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 10:11:54 AM(UTC)

Quite honestly, I’ve never understood what’s wrong with someone being better than you, at anything [...]

Your resoning IMHO is completely wrong because we are talking about a team based event and not an individual event

I fail to see the distinction between awarding a team or the individual a participation reward.

Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

Quite honestly, I’ve never understood what’s wrong with someone being better than you, at anything [...]

All valid points if that is the intended aim. The cynic in me can’t help but feel their sights need collimating :)

For clarity, I was using broad strokes to agree with the sentiments of FullNietzsche’s post.

#50 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 10:16:53 AM(UTC)
    Still unsuccessful:

I guess I need to be further back or something, but I thought the car was supposed to be the main subject, not that monstrosity in the background. So much for artistic freedom.

Edited by user Friday, July 3, 2020 10:17:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
    Error