This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 11:13:57 AM(UTC)
hey guys, i like to take photos in game, but seems like nobody have seen them.
any advice?
if you want to take a look my in game name “rockdado”
thanks 😃
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 8:39:23 PM(UTC)
I'd say keywords help, put certain keywords in the description. But if I'm being honest... I feel like there really isn't a lot of people who search for gallery photos. (Not including the Top Rated & Forza Favorites/Turn 10 Picks)

How often do you look up photos in the gallery? I used to search up the photocomp weekly photo entries but when that stopped I also stopped searching up photos.

You can always tell your friends to view some of your photos & then the keywords will help a bit (really depends if others are searching) - *Example, taking a photo of a Nissan GT-R, you can use "JDM" "Skyline" "Godzilla" in the description*
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 7:59:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UNIT PRIME 70 Go to Quoted Post
I'd say keywords help, put certain keywords in the description. But if I'm being honest... I feel like there really isn't a lot of people who search for gallery photos. (Not including the Top Rated & Forza Favorites/Turn 10 Picks)

How often do you look up photos in the gallery? I used to search up the photocomp weekly photo entries but when that stopped I also stopped searching up photos.

You can always tell your friends to view some of your photos & then the keywords will help a bit (really depends if others are searching) - *Example, taking a photo of a Nissan GT-R, you can use "JDM" "Skyline" "Godzilla" in the description*

I agree. I feel like the devs haven't given players any reason to look at others photos, so very few players do. Liveries and vinal groups are looked up because players use them, and even there it can be hard to get eyes on your designs, but pictures aren't useful to other players. That said, I can't think of any changes that the devs could make to encourage viewing of other's galleries that wouldn't be terrible for game play.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 1:57:54 PM(UTC)
Well for one I don't think they ever promoted it in-game at all. I didn't find out about the weekly photo competitions until the last few months of FH3 I think. I feel like there is a lot of players who enjoy taking photos and take some really good ones but they don't/didn't know about the weekly competitions.

Although the new "Share code" feature is pretty useful to share your photos/designs/etc with friends or anyone trying to find your work.

Forza HUB app photo gallery could be upgraded too. I don't know a lot of people who use the app though, I rarely use it myself anymore.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:19:50 PM(UTC)
The only thing I can think of that would produce views without harming game play would be to introduce a way to count online views; beef up the gallery to effectively be photo hosting plus. They could set it up so photos could be embedded in forums (including but definitely not limited to this one), and click throughs to full size could be counted as views. If a user was logged into their MS account they could even allow rating directly from the embed, and count that as a view too.

The problem with that approach is that it means dedicating both developer and hardware resources to a feature that isn't crying out for it. While I would like them to do that, if I was the one making the decision I doubt I would do it.

Notification

Icon
Error