#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:12:44 PM(UTC)
Hello everyone,

I just logged on today to get this message. I submitted a ticket, followed the auto-reply instructions, and now the game is starting from the very beginning. I've lost my cars and 850,000,000 credits. I had 700+ cars, including every rare car (two of some of the best models including the PO cars). Apparently, support has nothing more to offer, so is there a solution I'm missing? I saved the files from users/appdata/local in hopes they can restore my progress, but I've not been able to make anything work.

I've been playing via GamePass since last October and I've never had any problems with this game. In fact, I enjoy(ed) it immensely! But if all my hard work can be lost in the blink of an eye, why in the world would I keep paying and start over, just to risk losing everything again? I'm not happy, to say the least! Any advice to restore my cars and credits are greatly appreciated.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:38:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PriorLeaf655946 Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I just logged on today to get this message. I submitted a ticket, followed the auto-reply instructions, and now the game is starting from the very beginning. I've lost my cars and 850,000,000 credits. I had 700+ cars, including every rare car (two of some of the best models including the PO cars). Apparently, support has nothing more to offer, so is there a solution I'm missing? I saved the files from users/appdata/local in hopes they can restore my progress, but I've not been able to make anything work.

I've been playing via GamePass since last October and I've never had any problems with this game. In fact, I enjoy(ed) it immensely! But if all my hard work can be lost in the blink of an eye, why in the world would I keep paying and start over, just to risk losing everything again? I'm not happy, to say the least! Any advice to restore my cars and credits are greatly appreciated.

Currently and unfortunately there are no working solutions to restore your progress and for this reason you have to start again the game from the beginning.
As I suggested, for all microsoft game, you have to do a backup of your (at least) two saves every playing days.
In the last days with the increase of the new cars and activities in game this kind of events happen often.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:46:10 PM(UTC)
When I got this error recently, a backup save worked. Until then I'd only been backing up occasionally, now I'm doing it daily as these issues seem to be getting more common.
 3 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 10:09:02 PM(UTC)
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I read some of the similar threads in the meantime, and unfortunately that seems to be the consensus. I did save copies of the save files, but they don't seem to be of any use. Thanks again, and please know that the rest of my comment is not directed at you.

At any rate, I've uninstalled and cancelled my subscription. It's very unfortunate because I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of this game. It's got real depth, and it's well optimized. The developers are also typically generous to the player base. If it were a matter of a couple hours to restore my account and be made whole again, I'd gladly overlook that because of the aforementioned qualities. But overall, there is simply no excuse for the kind of sustained incompetence that results in 100s of hours of effort simply gone - "poof!" From reading innumerable posts here, I'm not the first this has happened to, and unfortunately I won't be the last. Unless these shortcomings are remedied, this business model and abysmal lack of support will ultimately doom this franchise. That's a damned shame!
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 11:11:31 PM(UTC)
I had this issue (PC) and all I had to do is deleting the local save file on my pc and let it replace with the savefile from the cloud.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 11:11:37 PM(UTC)
I had this issue (PC) and all I had to do is deleting the local save file on my pc and let it replace with the savefile from the cloud.
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 1:30:08 AM(UTC)
I had this issue as well and forza support gave me back all the cars I had via gifts in my message inbox. Now I backup my save every time I exit the game and I wait at least 2 mins to ensure my savegame syncs with the cloud.
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 2:49:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch Nixon177 Go to Quoted Post

if you've started over and the savegame has been saved to the cloud, it's too late.
maybe this would have helped beforehand. just delete the local savegame and then load it from the cloud and hope that the savegame there is ok.

Originally Posted by: PriorLeaf655946 Go to Quoted Post
I saved the files from users/appdata/local in hopes they can restore my progress, but I've not been able to make anything work.

if you have a copy of the savegame (appdata / local / ...), you could now try a savegame swap (use google to find out how to do it, this will not be allowed here).
you will find 2 large files. try the older ones first.

however, the probability that this backup is also corrupt is very high.
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 1:05:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CovetingEgg416 Go to Quoted Post
I had this issue as well and forza support gave me back all the cars I had via gifts in my message inbox. Now I backup my save every time I exit the game and I wait at least 2 mins to ensure my savegame syncs with the cloud.

Well they’ve given me nothing, marked my ticket as solved and said they can’t give back anything, didn’t compensate me for their fault and replied in a bit of a rude manner. There’s no motivation to start over at this point, used to have so many rare cars that are inaccessible without doing previous festival series. This is so discouraging
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 1:06:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CovetingEgg416 Go to Quoted Post

Well they’ve given me nothing, marked my ticket as solved and said
they can’t give back anything, didn’t compensate me for their fault and replied in a bit of a rude manner. There’s no motivation to start over at this point, used to have so many rare cars that are inaccessible without doing previous festival series. This is so discouraging
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 4:10:13 AM(UTC)
Maybe you can find anything of use in already existing thread: https://forums.forzamoto...-Support--post--1.aspx?=
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#12 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 7:27:27 AM(UTC)
Hello folks, I've just had updated my fh4 to the last version of the game available on Xbox market, which allows me to see and play the new contents of Forza series 24.

Unfortunately for me though, I had a pop out telling me: the Forza horizon profile you are trying to load is not longer available error code E:47-0".

It doesn't let me use my profile anymore, wondering first of all why? Then what to do?.

Regards Forza gamer.
#13 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 12:37:54 PM(UTC)
Has anyone else had this issue? I cant log into the game anymore. I sent a support ticket but wanted to see if anyone here had the same issue and what you did.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2020 8:32:35 AM(UTC)
Hello mate, I would say Forza Horizon support has incredibly disappointed me,

They did reply to me, telling much better delete all your saves, doesn't matter what you were doing up or which the reason why it has happened, doesn't matter how many hours of play you have, which esclusive and hard to find car you have got on throughout months of forza series and forzathon, doesn't matter if you have thousands of active download for paints or tunes.. they just say delete it all and start it over again, funny expecting you to do it having knowledge it won't be never ever the same, I've been played this brand for so long.. they just disappointed me I've ask to refund my money for buy this game such a compensation of their mistake cut me off this game just because I've updated this game to the last version available.. just crazy! They do never reply to it..

Take care gents
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 3:08:34 AM(UTC)
Delete your local save file from your console & pc and let the game replace it with the one from the cloud. Make a backup beforehand.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 8, 2020 3:09:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 7:23:57 AM(UTC)
Hello Clutch Nixon177,

I've deleted the gamesave by pc, just wondering if there's any way to do backup of the gamesave I've got on my cloud?
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 12:03:53 PM(UTC)
Here’s the location, if anyone is wondering. C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData

Originally Posted by: LueRo 10 Go to Quoted Post
Hello Clutch Nixon177,

I've deleted the gamesave by pc, just wondering if there's any way to do backup of the gamesave I've got on my cloud?

You should have made a backup before deleting it.

However, now run Forza and let it sync. This may take a few mins, so be patient. Don‘t cancel!

Edited by user Wednesday, July 8, 2020 12:05:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2020 11:54:49 AM(UTC)
Hello all, thanks to Nixon177 and other topics that I've found here on this community, I've solved my problem.

1) Delete the wgs folder which is the local game save;
2) Let's start fh4 OFFLINE, it will make you create a new character profile;
3) Get the first car then close the game. This will made the game recreates wgs folder within a new local game save;
4) Turn on connection and let's run fh4 again this time the game will ask you which game to pickup, if cloud (older) or local (newer), off course we will pickup the cloud with the previous saves.
5) Now, to restore my save by the cloud took me up 35 minutes, but after it I had my saves back, within cars, vinyls, money, tune set-up EVERYTHING!

Anyway you could still have problems and not being able to recovery it if cloud saves are corrupted too or any issues with synchronisation.

Hope the best to you all !

Notification

Icon
Error