#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 2:44:48 AM(UTC)
It’s been a week since update broke my profile, I submit a ticket and the same day support replied, with an automated message what to do to make a new save to make my game playable again, I did as I told, reply to them to restore my progress and nothing after a week! It’s been always like this?
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 2:48:32 AM(UTC)
Someone to delete the multiple posts,
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 3:10:26 AM(UTC)
there are enough information about this topic:
https://support.forzamot...y-progress-what-do-I-do-

also you can take a look at:
https://forums.forzamoto...al-Support--post--1.aspx

as you see, they cant (or dont want) to recover your old savegame/progress. "Unfortunately, we will NOT be able to return any type of Skill Points, Level, Experience, Tokens or Progress."
you have to start from scratch.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 3:10:50 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2020 3:11:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 4:11:18 AM(UTC)
I understand that, but it was not my fault, it was the update that made the corruption, I don’t even have the courage to start from the scratch, it’s a game that has a lot of time exclusive cars that are too hard to get. 1,5 year of nothing....
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 4:23:14 AM(UTC)
This is from one of those links:

We do compensate for the loss based on your garage value, credits on hand at the time of the corruption. In order to receive compensation you have to play through the new save until you unlock online features. Unfortunately, we don’t have any backup saves to restore. Please submit a ticket for lost saves so we can help out.

I’ve never had to go through it so I don’t know what form the compensation takes but I presume it’s intended to, so far as possible, allow you to quickly get back cars and credits that you lost. I think you’ll just have to be patient on response times.
 4 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 4:44:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
This is from one of those links:

We do compensate for the loss based on your garage value, credits on hand at the time of the corruption. In order to receive compensation you have to play through the new save until you unlock online features. Unfortunately, we don’t have any backup saves to restore. Please submit a ticket for lost saves so we can help out.

I’ve never had to go through it so I don’t know what form the compensation takes but I presume it’s intended to, so far as possible, allow you to quickly get back cars and credits that you lost. I think you’ll just have to be patient on response times.

if y memory is good, i read something like few millions CR and 200 wheelspins. kind of thing. The icy on the cake is the generic message indicating it is a one time and you should not do it again ( like if it was your fault ).
imho, the day I have that would be the last day I play a Microsoft/xbox game, period.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 4:58:54 AM(UTC)
I can see how it would be a pain to give people their cars back since they would have to sort through so many but for someone who had every car it should be relatively easy. Of course there would be an uproar if they did it for some and not others.

As far as credits go, that should be a no brainer. Give them whatever they had plus enough to restock the garage and wheelspins as compensation for the hassle. They've also proven that they have the ability to award skill points so there is no excuse for that either.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5:21:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5:15:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MetaxasZ Go to Quoted Post
I understand that, but it was not my fault, it was the update that made the corruption, I don’t even have the courage to start from the scratch, it’s a game that has a lot of time exclusive cars that are too hard to get. 1,5 year of nothing....

and what is the expectation now? to restore the lost savegame?

I assume that they - that is, the simple support - really cannot do that.
they simply have no tool to do this.

in theory and since everything is in the cloud, there should be a backup somewhere at the server provider.
only because the effort is simply too great to really do this for thousands of players.
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5:22:27 AM(UTC)
It is still amazing to me that Phil Spencer and the Xbox team talk about all the features of the platform and the new console coming out etc. but they still haven't fixed something so basic and fundamental to the proper functioning of the service and the gamer experience: the ability to save your game reliably. I mean just think about how bad that is. The technology absolutely exists. Microsoft knows how to do it. They have the resources to do it. They just don't bother to do it properly.

This is why I don't buy into the whole PR thing of Phil Spencer as a big 'gamer'. No real 'gamer' would allow a save system which occasionally tosses a gamer's save in the trash, irrevocably. This should never happen, it should not be possible for this to happen.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5:23:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5:25:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spatz971 Go to Quoted Post
in theory and since everything is in the cloud, there should be a backup somewhere at the server provider.
only because the effort is simply too great to really do this for thousands of players.

If thousands of players are losing their profiles or having the saves corrupted the entire game/system/studio needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5:33:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RED RIDER NL Go to Quoted Post

If thousands of players are losing their profiles or having the saves corrupted the entire game/system/studio needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom.

more than 10 million of players.
1.000 is nothing. i would say, also 10.000 is nothing. beginning with 100.000 they would think about it. and we are talking about 0,01%.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5:37:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
It is still amazing to me that Phil Spencer and the Xbox team talk about all the features of the platform and the new console coming out etc. but they still haven't fixed something so basic and fundamental to the proper functioning of the service and the gamer experience: the ability to save your game reliably. I mean just think about how bad that is. The technology absolutely exists. Microsoft knows how to do it. They have the resources to do it. They just don't bother to do it properly.

take a look at playstation. there you can do a backup of savegames by your own.
easy way to hand over responsibility to the player.

#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 6:16:04 AM(UTC)
Saves by player looks risky to me related to hack but why not.

Regardless the solution, we need an acceptable one, look at what they did to donjownson ( sorry for incorrect spelling ). Accidental ban, all tunings and liveries removed ... nice .... I can guess he was delighted about the automated message and 200 wheelspins ...

Imho, if not many player sinterested, do it like a feature of ultimate package, just like infinite garage, tunes and liveries, just make it a paying feature so that people who want it, have it. Between that and extra wheelspins/CR/useless car/clothes ..., how long would you hesitate?
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:13:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MetaxasZ Go to Quoted Post

and what is the expectation now? to restore the lost savegame?

I assume that they - that is, the simple support - really cannot do that.
they simply have no tool to do this.

So you are saying they should not bother fix the damn game, and it’s an expensive one to get even now, I paid full price for the ultimate edition, with so many crashes at the beginning, and this is the “thank you”? I really enjoy the game, but they forcing me not to buy anything related to Forza anymore because they lack of support.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 10:18:38 AM(UTC)
Metaxasz,

The people on the forums are just other players same as yourself, they can't change the outcome of your current situation.

If you have an issue with the resolution of your problem, take it up with support. However I suspect if their answer is we can't restore your game save/ state to how it was before, they can't do it and no amount of complaining will get it back.

I don't know how the ins and the outs of the cloud save system works but it seems to me if your cloud save is corrupted, they can't restore that (as effectively that is the back up) to your local save on your machine. Also once you start a new game, I suspect you overwrite your old file anyway, so yes the corrupted file is gone but so is any information it may have contained about where you where in the game, what you had etc.

What you do from here is up to you but the forum collective can't help you.

Sorry

D
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:35:16 PM(UTC)

regardless fix to be done, contrast between managing physics real time and not being able to sync 1 set of data ... just feels like Einstein failing on 1+1 = ?

Same kind of guys working on auto pilot systems?

Notification

Icon
Error