This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 7:32:15 PM(UTC)
Hi all,

Cars/tunes/suggestions for all of this weeks online seasonal events, for those that find such useful. All tunes are my own, unless otherwise noted, all shared by myself (or others). ~ tune name / share code. If you use anything offered here, and you like it/it was useful to you, please don't forget to leave a like.

Originally Posted by: WangKeRui Go to Quoted Post
Online:
**Trial: "A Small Fortune" | Road Racing | (S1 900) Horizon Special: High Rollers
**Car used: 1964 Ford GT40 Mk 1 (Barnfind)
**Tune: S1 Winter Trial / 438 973 660

A.I. are much easier in the trial vs. solo/offline. ... Tune is AWD, no engine swap, supercharged, Forza air, on snow/rally tires.

**Seasonal Playground Games | Slate Quarry | (B700) Retro Rally
**Car used: 1980 Renault 5 Turbo (Autoshow 120,000 Cr)
**Tune: B700 Games / 970 111 429

... tune is identical to previous version I have used just with better ground clearance and lowest downforce setting ... Tune is AWD, rear Forza air, mudflaps, snow/rally tires.

PR Stunts:
- Broadway Commons Speed Zone, 2018 McLaren Senna - 'So Much Grip' (921 240 335) by Don Joewon Song,
- Northbridge Speed Trap, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - 'PR Stunt Rally' (120 633 544),
- Reservoir Ridge Danger Sign, 2019 Rimac Concept Two - 'PR Stunt Rally' (120 633 544).

Solo championships - Raced against Expert, Steering: Simulation, ABS: on, Traction/Stability; Off, Gearbox: Auto.

**Championship: "Mr. Snow It All" | Cross Country | (A800) Super Saloons
**Car used: 2010 Vauxhall Insignia VXR (Car Pass ~ Autoshow 42,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 Dirt / 105 598 214

...Tune, car is AWD as standard, no aero, snow/rally tires, rally suspension.

Forgot to add, I like to use the Vauxhall Insignia, due to this livery (which i found on these forums) - 'PPZDS' (156 199 614) by koiftt, PPZ = "Pride & Prejudice and Zombies", not sure on the DS part.

**Championship: "The Corolla Express” | Cross Country | (B700) Modern Rally
**Car used: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR (Autoshow 27,000 Cr)
**Tune: B700 Dirt / 114 376 252

Simple enough win (expert), only the first sprint is any real issue due to the number of destructables on the track, so when in the lead you suffer constant slow downs, while the A.I. play a game of cheaty Mc cheaty face, behind you (if not close to you, when close you can hear them hitting objects, however 'close' here is very close, one to one and a half car lengths). Car/tune is AWD as standard, has Forza rear air, rally lights on front, mudflaps, running snow/rally tires.

**Championship: "Pledging Allegiance" | Street Scene | (A800) Country: US models
**Car used: 1968 Ford Mustang GT 2+2 Fastback (Car Pass ~ Autoshow 50,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 Road SC / 812 082 262

Once in the lead, the A.I. offer no resistance here (expert), with luck (traffic car lottery) you can get quite a lead. Tune is AWD, supercharged (no engine swap), no aero, on race tires.

Nice to see something different, with super saloons in cross country, even if odd. Really over the constant rally in B class, especially modern with its slim choice of cars. This a applies to the games as well, the one area where I wish the playlist team would be really creative and push something totally left field - next week is apparently 'extreme offroad' ... again, *yawn*. I can not remember (or it never happened maybe since I started playing Forza H 4) when we last had something in the less common classes such as "Rare Classics" or "Classic Sports Cars", price is surely not the issue here ... hello "High Rollers", and "Vintage Racers".

Enjoy.

Edited by user Friday, June 19, 2020 7:34:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: punctuation

#27 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 7:56:18 PM(UTC)
Nice to see something different, with super saloons in cross country, even if odd. Really over the constant rally in B class, especially modern with its slim choice of cars. This a applies to the games as well, the one area where I wish the playlist team would be really creative and push something totally left field - next week is apparently 'extreme offroad' ... again, *yawn*. I can not remember (or it never happened maybe since I started playing Forza H 4) when we last had something in the less common classes such as "Rare Classics" or "Classic Sports Cars", price is surely not the issue here ... hello "High Rollers", and "Vintage Racers".

Enjoy.

The Toyota event a few weeks ago was a fun one for me.
They should have created this event with the assumption that a Supra or AE86 would be used.
But in reality, due to FH4's strange system, most of the drivatar cars at this event were Land Cruiser and Hilux.

So I entered this race in a Land Cruiser to match them, and playing tarmac racing in the Extreme Offroad behemoth was a very enjoyable experience.
If an event like this gives a way to have fun in an unusual style, I would welcome it.
Of course, the cross country at Super Saloon was a lot of fun. Since I had upgraded my Sentra to rally-spec, I hadn't had a this car in a long time. I enjoyed this championship!
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 10:11:23 PM(UTC)
So this was a fun couple of days. Could not connect online all night tonight, so never got to run the DBR1 in the Trial, nor did I do the Playground Games yet. Tuned up a Nissan Pulsar for that.

The Trial - High Rollers
Tuned up a couple of cars for this. Still need to run a few if the network behaves. The McLaren just owned it. Plenty of speed, good grip, just ran well. Rally tune with snow ties. The Bugatti on the other hand, wow. It's fast. Just pulled away from everything...however...turns need special care. I ran it like a rally car throwing the back end around. Was great fun. Almost launched myself off a bridge...oops. Ran a Bentley 4 1/2 Liter as well...but lack of tire options made this one a bust...especially at S1 900 level. Made the Bugatti look tame.
1993 McLaren F1 Tune: 926 043 539
1931 Bugatti Type 35C Tune: 167 793 666

Playground Games
I have a decent tune on a Nissan Pulsar. Just gotta wait til I can finally run the event.

PR Stunt: Danger Sign
Had the Vette tuned up since it was the weekly challenge anyway. Set a personal best with it.
1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 427

PR Stunt: Speed Trap
Ran the Vette on this too. Couldn't quite stick the turn, so I came from across the field, lined up straight with the bridge. Done.
1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 427

PR Stunt: Speed Zone
Took a little to get used to how precise and responsive the turning is. But ran the turn flat out with no break in grip
2018 Volkswagen #94 I.D. R Pikes Peak

The following events had me questioning my tuning. I was able to win but it just seemed more difficult than usual. Turns out I had never dropped it down from Unbeatable from when I was running Drag Races. lol. So I guess the tunes are ok after all. I normally run them at Expert or Pro depending on class and race type.

The Corolla Express
Had the Impreza tuned up from some prior challenge. I thought I'd have to put snow tires on it, but with the AWD and good balance, it ran just fine.
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Tune: 837 531 111

Mr. Snow It All
Okay, it's now a thing: any time Super Saloons is a category, I'm running the Limo. Made up a CC limo, offroad tires, rally shocks, etc. Ran lovely. The only problem is I am used to cutting the gates and sliding through them...but this thing hold a line so I kept going underneath them. I had to adjust my driving style a little because of the long track, it just held its line without waver. Plus, come to find out, when you are running 5500 pounds, it handles obstacles rather well. Launching it off the Ridge is also something interesting. Lands like a complete brick...lol.
2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine
Tune: 123 755 214

Pledging Allegiance
I was debating between this and the Station Wagon. But I just love the look of a lowered De Luxe. First run was with race tires. So much grip. But the top end needed help (before I realized I was running Unbeatable) so I traded down the tires and put a few more horses into it. It runs well either way, but it totally sticks to the road with race rubber on.
1940 Ford De Luxe Coupe
Tune: 291 158 563

Edited by user Friday, June 19, 2020 10:13:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 10:19:42 PM(UTC)
Currently, I have completed all challenges except the 'Online Adventure' challenge and 5 dailies that haven't been unlocked yet.
I am currently sitting at 71% but I am supposed to have more then just 71 percent due to me completing every challenge including the Forzathon car trial one that has four chapters.
I only got back on due to me being unable to get on the last time the AE86 was available.
The only reason I am making this complaint is because I am unable to do the online adventure one due to me being unable to play ranked as it just gets too laggy for me as an Australian.

#30 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 12:41:44 AM(UTC)
I did a tune and gave it a run IngoingCake8592, not good enough i'm afraid. It'll be a top 5 contender but the Alfa's have the wood on it.
#31 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 4:21:15 AM(UTC)
For players who need help: Percents,Tunes and Rewards:
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events Winter - Until 25/06/20 - SERIES 23
50% Winter: TOYOTA CELICA GT 1974
80% Winter: TOYOTA SPRINTER TRUENO GT APEX 1985
50% Series 23: SUPERSORTEIO
80% Series 23: TOYOTA SUPRA 2.0 GT TWIN TURBO 1992

Photo / Picture: Percents,Tunes and Reward
https://i.imgur.com/cxnXDmC.jpg

Photo / Picture: Rewards
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events - Rewards - Until 25/06/20 ** SERIES 23 ** Winter Season

https://i.imgur.com/T6Qb3B8.jpg

Share Codes: Pause Menu, Event Activations, or Creative Hub. You can use this code to get to a specific Event Blueprint quickly, and easily.
Share Code: Garage -> Designs & Paints -> Find New Designs -> Search
Share Code: Garage -> Upgrades & Tunes -> Find -> Search

Forzathon Weekly:
Code Tune CHEVROLET CORVETTE STINGRAY 427 1967:.... 250 434 512

The Trial Co-Op: A Small Fortune
Code Tune ALFA ROMEO 33 STRADALE 1968:.... 688 510 421

Playground Games: Winter
Code Tune SUBARU IMPREZA 22B STI 1998:.... 405 721 344

Danger Sign: Reservoir Ridge
Code Tune MOSLER MT900S 2010:..... 187 290 668

Speed Trap: Northbridge

Speed Zone: Broadway Commons

Championship: The Corolla Express
Code Tune SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI 2005:.... 130 819 204

Championship: Mr. Snow It All
Code Tune BMW M5 2009:.... 106 776 887

Championship: Pledging Allegiance
Code Tune FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302 1969:.... 762 496 545

PS.: Also available on Twitter and https://imgur.com/user/betinhogvz/posts every season change

I hope this helps you to do the challenges
#32 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 9:13:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GearJammer5492 Go to Quoted Post
Hi i am on PC and i noticed after the update for the winter FH playlist event, one of them is not giving points it seems i will explain.

The weekly FC is worth 15%
The dailies are worth 7%
The trial is worth 6%
The showcase is worth 6%
The seasonal games worth 6%
The 3 pr stunts worth 6% each total 18%
The 3 seasonal race events 6% each total 18%
The rivals is worth 6%
Online adventure 18%

The problem i am seeing, is i did everything except the online adventure and the 6 dailies that are left and this put me at 70% instead of 76%. Before the patch i would do the exact same events without ever having to do the online adventure, and be at 76% and would have the 6 dailies left worth 1% each to cap the 80%..

Here is a unlisted video i made on my you tube to show what i mean.

https://youtu.be/3ulE1gklJrs

same. issue here. this happen last 2 season also. fo rme.
#33 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 11:13:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dogwitch Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GearJammer5492 Go to Quoted Post
Hi i am on PC and i noticed after the update for the winter FH playlist event, one of them is not giving points it seems i will explain.

The weekly FC is worth 15%
The dailies are worth 7%
The trial is worth 6%
The showcase is worth 6%
The seasonal games worth 6%
The 3 pr stunts worth 6% each total 18%
The 3 seasonal race events 6% each total 18%
The rivals is worth 6%
Online adventure 18%

The problem i am seeing, is i did everything except the online adventure and the 6 dailies that are left and this put me at 70% instead of 76%. Before the patch i would do the exact same events without ever having to do the online adventure, and be at 76% and would have the 6 dailies left worth 1% each to cap the 80%..

Here is a unlisted video i made on my you tube to show what i mean.

https://youtu.be/3ulE1gklJrs

same. issue here. this happen last 2 season also. fo rme.

Numerous posts have been made about this issue e.g.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.n...une-17.aspx#post_1165040

Points awarded for monthly Rivals have disappeared, some daily Forzathon challenges also disappeared and were replaced by new challenges. For those who have lost out there may not be a way that players can recover points but Playground Games are aware of the issue and possibly may try to come up with a fix.

#34 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2020 12:09:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
I did a tune and gave it a run IngoingCake8592, not good enough i'm afraid. It'll be a top 5 contender but the Alfa's have the wood on it.

Hmm, now I'll have to tune up an Alfa. I don't have a P3 but I have at least one of the other's I'm sure. Still having network issues so haven't been able to run my DBR1 either. Grr.

Ran the Bugatti through to get times, though. Turned in a 2:28, 2:31, and a 2:11 (with a 41 sec quick lap) on the three tracks. I'm not saying it turns in the fastest overall times, the turns are a trick for sure, but it is fun to run.

Did finally get to do the PGG tonight while my network connection was working but my tune for the Pulsar was unremarkable. Worked well enough, but nothing notable.

#35 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2020 10:12:40 AM(UTC)
Fun seasonals, great cars but i am very concerned with the amount of players losing there game save since this update went live. I've lost 8 or 9 friends due to this issue. They just get fobbed off by support saying they need to start again. most have lost about 23 months worth of playtime.
#36 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 12:24:42 AM(UTC)
Rex,

Did you run a DBR1 yet?

Had mocked up one earlier, finally got to run it tonight. Did 1 practice run, then ran the Trial twice with it. Runs better than my McLaren F1 and tons more stable than the Bugatti, lol.

Aston Martin DBR1
Lakeside Sprint: 2:25
Reservoir Sprint: 2:28
Moorhead Circuit: 0:42 best lap, 2:18-ish total.

Tune: 103 832 020
#37 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 6:32:37 AM(UTC)
Hi guys. So, ive been trying to finish between the first ten in the last race of this event. But it looks impossible to me. Im playing in high skilled drivatar difficulty, and i tried everything. I wonn the first two races in the first place. But this third one, impossible, i always finish the last no matter what i try. The two first laps i manage to be first or second, but in the third lap, magically, my car starts losing power, acceleration, and every single AI passes me too easily and i dont have a clue why. What im missing? why is my car suddenly going too slow and cant even climb a single hill while all the ais run like rockets?? how did you guys beat this race??

I tried using several cars and setups. The last car im using is a porsche panamera tweaked at B800 (the event is B class) that at first seems to do the trick, but as i said, in the last lap the car basically seems to donwgrade to the point that it looks like im driving a D class. I tried tunning it for speed purposes, no dice. I tried tunning it for acceleration and launch to see if the car could maintain the traction and power all the three races... no dice. Honestly im clueless here. The last thing i didnt try is to lower the difficulty level of the ai but i dont want to do that. If i won the two first races relatevily easy i should at least be able to finish between the first ten in the last race. So, what im missing?
#38 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 7:27:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
Rex,

Did you run a DBR1 yet?

Had mocked up one earlier, finally got to run it tonight. Did 1 practice run, then ran the Trial twice with it. Runs better than my McLaren F1 and tons more stable than the Bugatti, lol.

Aston Martin DBR1

Thanks for the tip using DBR1, never used this car before.
I did 4 trials and won every race with it so it's also good choise for trials.

Lakeside ans Reservoir times for me were between 2.17's and 2.20's depending starting positions which were almost always back of the pack.
Moorhead laps were low 0:41

Also shared my tune if someone want to have a go: 970 015 222

Btw, is it the same with everyone else with huge force field that drivatars have ? Have to be so careful overtaking them.

Edited by user Monday, June 22, 2020 7:31:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 7:37:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Beermachine66 Go to Quoted Post
Rex,

Did you run a DBR1 yet?

Aston Martin DBR1

Thanks for the tip using DBR1, never used this car before.
I did 4 trials and won every race with it so it's also good choise for trials.

Lakeside ans Reservoir times for me were between 2.17's and 2.20's depending starting positions which were almost always back of the pack.
Moorhead laps were low 0:41

Also shared my tune if someone want to have a go: 970 015 222

Btw, is it the same with everyone else with huge force field that drivatars have ? Have to be so careful overtaking them.

I've never had a force field problem.

#40 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 12:08:35 PM(UTC)
I've been a bit behind this week with personal things, but I do have my usual batch of tunes for the weekly, Trial and Seasonal ready.

Weekly Challenge:
[Must be done in sequence to count.]
  • Own and drive the 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 427 (menu nickname: Corvette '67)
  • Earn 15 Awesome Speed Skills in your Corvette '67

Tune Used: Jimmy Ray - 774 597 668
Track Used: M68 Test Strip - 121 882 016

You don't really need a specific track to get the speed skills, but it helps when you have no traffic whatsoever. It isn't too hard to get your 15 speed skills before you're halfway done with the race. Then you can go right into the next one:

• Earn a total of 125,000 Skill Score with your Corvette '67

I'm sure that a better driver than I can get that on the second half of the race (remember to be careful of the sharp curve on the M68). If you complete the race and don't have enough, joust find a place to hoon about until you reach it. My preferred place is the railyard, specifically the northeast end. Lots of 'Going Postal' bonuses from the white posts besides the lamp posts.

• Earn a total of 9 stars from Drift Zones with your Corvette '67

Even after all this time, I'm still not good at drifting. So I went for the drift zone that seems to be the shortest and easy to repeat: the Horizon Doughnut just south of the Festival Site. I've gotten 3 stars on it before, and you can easily and quickly loop back to attack it again.

SEASONAL EVENTS
  • The Trial Co-Op Championship: "A Small Fortune" | Road Racing | (S1 900) Horizon Special: High Rollers

Car Used: 1961 Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage
Tune: Good So Far - 390 540 669

I wanted to do something I hadn't seen a lot of people try yet, and something I could sell one of in the Auction House. At one point I had like 5 Tipos from various wheelspins and rewards (down to 2 now, though), I decided to try it. And I am glad I did. It smoked the AI off the line and in much better hands than mine, it might be impossible to catch if you can compensate for the squirrels in the Birdcage (it's on snow tires). Won all three races handily, which is good. Half my team dropped out in the first race and I was the only one who scored points causing a team loss. One more dropped out of the second race where I again was the only one who scored points, but this time it had balanced enough that it wasjust enough to win, and it happened in the third race as well.

• Seasonal Playground Games | Slate Quarry | (B700) Retro Rally

Car Used: 1983 Audi Sport quattro
Tune: You and I - 119 619 908
BONUS! Paint - Pride 2020 - 464 741 448

I've not had time to do but one try of this so far where I lost because of team dropout, but I already know this car is capable. For the eagle-eyed among you, you'll notice this is the same car I used two weeks ago for the PGG. And as such, I'm posting the paint job again.

Either later tonight or tomorrow (not sure which yet), I'll post my PR Stunts and Championships. A bit of a preview: I used the same car with a slightly different tune for Mr. Snow It All and Pledging Allegiance.

Edited by user Monday, June 22, 2020 12:11:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 11:48:45 PM(UTC)
Rex,

Did you run a DBR1 yet?

Aston Martin DBR1

Yeah that's about right for the Lakeside Sprint time, or thereabouts can't remember exactly. The Alfa TZ2 is running that around 1:19 for me on a good run, probably quicker for some like Jezza and Zipper and Rayne and co............

Keep forgetting to look at my times on the other tracks lol!!!!!!
#42 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 11:49:24 PM(UTC)
Rex,

Did you run a DBR1 yet?

Aston Martin DBR1

Yeah that's about right for the Lakeside Sprint time, or thereabouts can't remember exactly. The Alfa TZ2 is running that around 1:19 for me on a good run, probably quicker for some like Jezza and Zipper and Rayne and co............

#43 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 11:49:50 PM(UTC)
Rex,

Did you run a DBR1 yet?

Aston Martin DBR1

#44 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 11:50:06 PM(UTC)
Rex,

Did you run a DBR1 yet?

Aston Martin DBR1

#45 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 1:24:00 AM(UTC)
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place, but I think my season percentages are wrong. I have done everything apart from the online adventure and 2 daily challenges but I'm at 74%. Including the last 2 dailies I will only be at 76%. Do i have to do the online adventure? I really want the Trueno XD Thanks for any help.
#46 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 1:28:46 AM(UTC)
I’ll try some runs tonight with various options. I know I ran 2.13 in a ranked winter race last night at Lakeside in the 33S (checked the time as I was curious how far off a dry time I was) but I had the benefit of the early ghosting in that run.
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 2:36:49 AM(UTC)
I just had a quick go in the Alfa 33S. Tune 'Rally Updated' by HLundh. (I usually don't use the Alfa for road races so this might not be the best tune.)

Lakeside: 2:17.4 (clean run avoiding all cars and objects)
Reservoir: 2:21.5 (some blocking and ramming by team mates)
Moorhead: 41.4 best. 2:10.3 total.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 23, 2020 2:39:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 3:08:03 AM(UTC)
Apologies for the multiple posts, don't know what happened there.
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 3:14:42 AM(UTC)
The forum is on the fritz, it gives a weird error every time I post as well. But the post does go through.
#50 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 5:08:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
The forum is on the fritz, it gives a weird error every time I post as well. But the post does go through.

Yes i get some code error page come up too.
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error