#1 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 4:20:24 AM(UTC)
I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but I don't log onto this page often so asking is faster than scrolling. Does anybody know how ranked on line is scored? I'm level 10, and just finished an S1 road racing adventure. There were 10 racers and I was the lowest ranked, also 2 grandmasters, 2 more level 2 and everybody else had north of 3000 points. I finished 5th in all 3 races, 4th overall and I lost 18 points. How does that even happen? Nobody quit so that's not why...... Thanks for reading.
~GT SoupedUp300C
Trying is the first step towards failure.
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 5:27:21 AM(UTC)
I can’t explain to you how the points system works in full but I’ve never lost points at FFA in the situation you describe. I’d have expected you to gain points. Did you by any chance get disconnected in or quit your previous adventure? If so, the game will have applied your “penalty” points when calculating the results for this adventure.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 6:41:45 AM(UTC)
On the subject of scoring, just had a FFA race where everyone was 6 or more levels below me. After 25-30 minutes of not very challenging racing, I was awarded 0 points. That sort of scenario should never happen. Either fix the matchmaking or ensure that there’s always some + reward even if just +1.
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 9:28:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GT SoupedUp300C Go to Quoted Post
I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but I don't log onto this page often so asking is faster than scrolling. Does anybody know how ranked on line is scored? I'm level 10, and just finished an S1 road racing adventure. There were 10 racers and I was the lowest ranked, also 2 grandmasters, 2 more level 2 and everybody else had north of 3000 points. I finished 5th in all 3 races, 4th overall and I lost 18 points. How does that even happen? Nobody quit so that's not why...... Thanks for reading.
~GT SoupedUp300C

A simple explanation on how true skill works from Microsoft.

An In-depth explanation on how they work:

In my opinion you should have lost points at all. If you have a video, that would be perfect to send to support.

Edited by user Sunday, June 14, 2020 9:30:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 8:08:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iBl0cks Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GT SoupedUp300C Go to Quoted Post
~GT SoupedUp300C

A simple explanation on how true skill works from Microsoft.

An In-depth explanation on how they work:

In my opinion you should have lost points at all. If you have a video, that would be perfect to send to support.

"The classic TrueSkill ranking system only uses the final standings of all teams in a match in order to update the skill estimates (ranks) of all players in the match" is the best summary of considering ramming your way to first position makes you a better player that being second without a single hit ... they dare call that racing ...
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 9:31:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
"The classic TrueSkill ranking system only uses the final standings of all teams in a match in order to update the skill estimates (ranks) of all players in the match" is the best summary of considering ramming your way to first position makes you a better player that being second without a single hit ... they dare call that racing ...

Correct, this is why I don't play rank as much as I do. Coupled with a very poor matchmaking setup, where convoys can imbalance the matchmaking setup and lead to the team with convoy having the better team / better ranked players - one's efforts is just futile.

We need a good matchmaking setup first hand and redesign of this rank system. Ghost other care to prevent ramming on straights etc.

Notification

Icon
Error