This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 1:45:38 AM(UTC)
Hi ladies and gentlemen I have a question that I’m hoping to get some assistance with. My youngest boy has an absolute fascination with Forza and cars in general and he wants desperately to be able to play. At the moment he is just getting very frustrated as even with all assists on his little hands just can’t manage to accelerate/brake and steer at the same time. I’m sure quite some time ago I saw an article that stated that you can uses two controllers at the Same time. Using them in this manner would allow one user to get the help they may need to navigate the chosen game with Said help help from another person. Is this a thing and if it is could one of you point me in the right direction with regards to setting it up. As yet I can’t find anything about it.

Thanks for your time and help.
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 2:16:57 AM(UTC)
Hi,

I've never used it, so don't know how well it works - but could remember reading about it and luckily what it was called (co-pilot) a quick internet search later came up with an article on xbox.com;

Copilot on Xbox One
Copilot links two controllers so that you and another gamer can use them as if they were a single controller. This can be useful when one gamer needs assistance with their console.
The person who turns on Copilot for their controller is the pilot. The pilot gets all achievements and gamerscore. The other person is the copilot.
To turn on Copilot:
Connect a second controller to the Xbox for the copilot. The copilot can sign in or not—achievements and gamerscore don't go to this player.
Using the pilot's controller, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select System > Settings > Ease of Access > Controller.
Choose Copilot settings, and then select Turn on Copilot.
Select the copilot controller.
The controllers are now linked, and both controllers have full control. When you start a game, you can use either controller however you like.
To turn off Copilot, go back to the Copilot settings and select Turn off Copilot.

Hope that helps

Cheers

D
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 2:30:21 AM(UTC)
Thanks mate. This is exactly what I was after.
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 5:24:03 PM(UTC)
You might also turn on some of the assists - Assisted Braking, Friction Assist, Stability Control and Traction Control to simplify driving for him; maybe even use Manual Transmission and then leave it in a low gear to limit the speed.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 4:14:54 AM(UTC)
I don't really need this feature, but I'm glad to learn it exists. It sounds like a great idea for people with young children, or who care for people with special needs. Brilliant.
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:40:43 AM(UTC)
Not sure if it'd be an option, but picking up a cheap wheel might be fun, too. Turn the force feedback off, then let them steer while you run the pedals. If you're sneaky you can even keep a finger on the bottom of the steering wheel to help them, but they'll grump about it if they notice it.
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 3:24:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Not sure if it'd be an option, but picking up a cheap wheel might be fun, too. Turn the force feedback off, then let them steer while you run the pedals. If you're sneaky you can even keep a finger on the bottom of the steering wheel to help them, but they'll grump about it if they notice it.

This is a good answer. A steering wheel is much more intuitive (since kids see their parents doing it all the time, they have some sense of at least how to mimic it). My girlfriend's 5 year old loves to come to my place and play with my wheel. I do the pedals while he steers. Especially since most of the control of the car comes from speed, it's easy enough for me to see which way he's turning the wheel and adjust the speed of the car so he doesn't crash. We both have a blast with it.

Notification

Icon
Error