14 Pages<<7891011>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#201 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 11:29:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Forza Support just tweeted:
https://twitter.com/forz...atus/1270781579820822528

Quote:
The issue with the Series 23 release has been resolved and we are moving through our test process for that build. Tomorrow, Autumn will continue to use backup content.

We are hoping to release the build next week. After the season change over on Thursday 18th, you will see the correct Series 23 content for the rest of the Series

that's kind of quick for fixing a blocker bug plus retesting the release, nice!
 2 users liked this post.
#202 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 11:35:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

Quote:
The issue with the Series 23 release has been resolved and we are moving through our test process for that build. Tomorrow, Autumn will continue to use backup content.

We are hoping to release the build next week. After the season change over on Thursday 18th, you will see the correct Series 23 content for the rest of the Series

So are we only getting half of a correct series or are they starting from Summer and we are two weeks behind the normal schedule?

I wonder how this affects the scheduled prizes.

It would be nice if they'd just jam every prize into the two remaining weeks and start with a new series in two weeks. But that's unlikely to happen.
 1 user liked this post.
#203 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 12:39:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch Nixon177 Go to Quoted Post
It would be nice if they'd just jam every prize into the two remaining weeks and start with a new series in two weeks. But that's unlikely to happen.

Yep, this is what I'm wondering as well. I do wonder if we can get the release notes before the stream.

#204 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 1:00:16 PM(UTC)
@iBlOcks. Owing to the complete Radio Silence that was in Place until This evening, I had very little Recourse but to believe Series 23 had been cancelled, I See now that is Not the Case, and I apologise for any Panic or Confusing My Admittedly *incredibly* Bad Tempered Post caused to anyone. I will Edit that Part of the Post Out.

Perhaps an ideal Compromise may be, when the Game goes EOL, or in a Later Seasonal Update, depending on when Suitable, to allow Players to Directly Set the Season from the In Game Options? the code is already there as part of "Blueprint" after all.. That would allow those of us who Prefer a Specific Season, such as Winter for You, or Summer for Me, so they can Lock the Game to the Season o their Choice? or just allow the "Month Long Year" to Continue if that is what they So Desire?

I accept that The Devs are Real People with Families, and calling for them to be Sacked was Inhuman, Disgusting, Uncalled For and Unacceptable and I will Remove that Part of the Post and Issue an Apology for My Bad Tempered Lashing Out. however, I Personally cannot think of how to Prevent FH5 from also being Ruined by Live Services Elements and Unnecessary Grind short of making the Team *Extremely* Discouraged from going that way again, If You can think of a way that allows them to keep their Jobs while also Ensuring FH5 does *not* go Live Services, then I am all Ears and will Gladly Edit My Comment to contain Your Suggestion instead.

For Evidence, going live Services has caused mass Dissatisfaction among a lot of the Forza Playerbase. You need only look at the Comments Threads on both the Official Forza YouTube Channel and on the Videos from Influencers like YuwanThayakaran StraightUpHippo,, Blackpanthaa, AR12, Failrace Etc, many of the Comments have absolutely Slammed Playlist as being a "Chore" or a "Grind", many People have even stated, in the Comments, both there and in these Forums, that they will Refuse to Buy FH5 if it Contains Playlist/ Live Services. The Playslist/ Live Services System has done quite a lot of Damage to the Series in My Personal Opinion, gained by reading the Comments on those Users Videos.

I Personally consider People threatening to Not buy a Game if a Certain Element Returns as a Sign that something could possibly be very Wrong and that the Element causing the Controversy needs to be removed from the Next Title in order to Ensure it has the Maximum Possible Marketing Potential. I Personally feel that Playlist and Live Services Elements pose a Potentially Threat to Horizons Future Marketability, so the Team needs to be Taught, in My Personal Opinion, not to go down that Direction again as a lot of People don't like it.

As for Live Services being a Failure.

NFS Heat (Live Services) has gone End of Life ahead of Schedule and its Developer, Ghost Games, has been Shuttered in Favour of a Return for Criterion due to Extremely Poor Sales Performance.

The Crew 2 (Live Services) has seen very Poor Sales, has extremely Low Player Counts, was Considered "Dead" by a lot of its Community by the Time it was a Month old, and has Caused Frequent Fury on its Forums from Users who are

Forza Horizon 4 (Live Services), lots of Anger on the Forums and in Influencer Video Comments about how the Game has become too Grindy, to "Chore" based and too much, in the Opinion of some Users, "Like a Mobile Game", lots of People are very Dissatisfied with the Car Choices, and then there is the Recent issue with Series 23 where a Bug has Kayoed the Playlist for Half a Month! Something that does not happen when Games are Designed as *Goods* and Not as "Services" .

Please note that to Provide a Full Marketing Pie Chart, Consumer Sample Sizes and actual Comments as Evidence is not Possible due to the Limitations and Regulations in Place on this Forum.

When I Buy a Car, I expect it to be Complete and Fully Functional, I would not be happy to be told " the Doors are coming next Month, The Engine the month after that, but only if You Play The Trial, oh, and the Gearbox is going to be 18 Days late due to a Bug!" Live Services, In My *Personal* Opinion, *Ruin* Games, they are, In My Opinion, *Anti-Consumer* in the Extreme, Because the user is, In My Personal Opinion, *not* Getting the "Complete Product" they are paying for!

It is My View therefore, in My Own Personal Opinion, that FH5 needs to be Sold as a "Good", with all of the Content the Game is ever going to have included in the Install Files from Day 1. No Premium DLC, No Expansions, No Live Services, no Gimmicks, just a Complete Game. a Good.

I know this would make the game Very Expensive, but I would be willing to Pay £100 for a Game that has its Complete Content in the Install Files from Day 1.

I have sent a Support Letter giving My Criticism on FH4, and I have been Very Active in the Wishlists and the off topic "FH5 Wishlist" segments of this Forum, and have had nothing in Return but Radio Silence, which, Unfortunately, is what lead to that Bad Tempered Lash Out, which, again, I apologise for and will now edit to make a lot less Unpleasant!

I still Maintain However that it is in the Studios best Interest, in My Own Personal Opinion, to send FH4 End of Life with Series 24 or 25 so they can Focus on making FH5 a Better Game.

@RashestQuasar 99. I will be the first to admit I can be very Unpleasant at Times, especially when Angry or Dissatisfied, and I am currently Both, also, I would sooner Sit on a Rusted Eating Implement that be a Spokesperson, I don't do PR Speak, I say what I think and Spokespeople are not allowed to that.

1 user liked this post.
#205 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 1:05:11 PM(UTC)
I hope they restart the season from summer and the start of every season can just be midmonth I've not taken part in anything that requires effort ( playground and the trial) because I didn't want to do it for wheel spins so if series 23 starts in winter I won't get 100% on playlist and could miss out on some exclusive cars
 1 user liked this post.
#206 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 2:40:45 PM(UTC)

Quote:

So are we only getting half of a correct series or are they starting from Summer and we are two weeks behind the normal schedule?

I don't think this will happen. In my theory, developers deliberatly postponed the series 23 update to make series start in winter season. Because player count decreases significantly in winter, and increases in spring and summer. From now on new series will start at winter in order to increase player count in winter. Apologize for my poor English, I hope I explained myself clearly.
 2 users liked this post.
#207 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 3:48:44 PM(UTC)

Quote:

This is exactly what is happening

As mentioned in Discord by Freelance Police

The summer and autumn cars will be included in winter and spring
 4 users liked this post.
#208 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:58:51 PM(UTC)
Enough with the theories. Occam's razor. They updated the new windows build today and than came that announcement. Do you think they care about the player count of a 2 year old game that much?

Edited by user Wednesday, June 10, 2020 5:01:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#209 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 8:21:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: twentybag420 Go to Quoted Post
I hope they restart the season from summer and the start of every season can just be midmonth I've not taken part in anything that requires effort ( playground and the trial) because I didn't want to do it for wheel spins so if series 23 starts in winter I won't get 100% on playlist and could miss out on some exclusive cars

If you dont get 100% on the playlist you won't miss out on any cars

They have already said it will continue on next week with winter..not restarted
Season 23 has already started but the "new" cars will only be in winter and spring
Reward cars are only at 50 and 80%
There is no reward for 100%..except the cheevo the first time
#210 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 12:47:41 AM(UTC)
I won't get 80% then
#211 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 3:46:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: yearofthegus Go to Quoted Post
So if there's no update the new season uses placeholder prizes, presumably credits.

What happens if I've already done the placeholder events and the patch gets pushed? Do I automatically get the new prizes for the tasks I've completed or are those locked out?

I would like to think players will receive retroactive rewards. The same thing happened when the Star Card feature was implemented; I completed all of the requirements for the Explorer Star, so that card was complete from the start and the prize (Hot Wheels Rip Rod, if memory serves me right) was added to my collection.
#212 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 3:48:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: twentybag420 Go to Quoted Post

If you dont get 100% on the playlist you won't miss out on any cars

They have already said it will continue on next week with winter..not restarted
Season 23 has already started but the "new" cars will only be in winter and spring
Reward cars are only at 50 and 80%
There is no reward for 100%..except the cheevo the first time

Either way, it's difficult to get 80% when you haven't done anything with the first week of the series, like me.
Hopefully, they won't lock anything exclusive behind 80% completion, but they probably will depending on how many cars were supposed to be in this update.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

3 users liked this post.
#213 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 5:11:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: King Cobra Mi6 Go to Quoted Post
My Unacceptably Toxic Behaviour

Your original post was more toxic?!??
 4 users liked this post.
#214 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 5:16:55 AM(UTC)
Either way, it's difficult to get 80% when you haven't done anything with the first week of the series, like me.
Hopefully, they won't lock anything exclusive behind 80% completion, but they probably will depending on how many cars were supposed to be in this update.

I did the playlist as normal. Only takes a couple of hours to get 100% and I figured there's a good chance that they'll still have the percentage requirements for the series.
#215 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 6:32:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RED RIDER NL Go to Quoted Post

I did the playlist as normal. Only takes a couple of hours to get 100% and I figured there's a good chance that they'll still have the percentage requirements for the series.

Yes, but when you have a couple of hours before the season changes, it is difficult to get to 80%.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#216 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 6:41:10 AM(UTC)

This occurred to me too. As long as 80% series completion isn't a new exclusive, I won't mind. A high-value autoshow car, or something unlockable through other means would be fine. Between races and seasonal completion, I think there are plenty of slots in Winter and Spring for the 5 or so cars they had planned.
 3 users liked this post.
#217 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 6:45:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RED RIDER NL Go to Quoted Post

Yes, but when you have a couple of hours before the season changes, it is difficult to get to 80%.

You had a week. That being said, I can understand why people wouldn't complete it.

They obviously could have handled it better. The best option would be to start the series normally when it's ready instead of skipping 2 seasons and going straight to winter. I don't think anybody really cares if a series starts mid-month.

Since they're not doing that, they should've made it clear from the beginning that even though summer and fall are repeats they still count towards series completion. If that is indeed the case. Communication isn't their strong suit.

Edited by user Thursday, June 11, 2020 7:00:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#218 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 8:45:36 AM(UTC)
Not everybody is chore lover. I had 0 % until yesterday when I did PR stunts because it's fun.
 1 user liked this post.
#219 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 9:19:14 AM(UTC)
would be best to delay season series 23a til summer and continue with the current series til then.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#220 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 9:57:16 AM(UTC)
@Red Rider NL.

I am afraid it was Yes, I allowed My Anger and Frustration and Dissatisfaction with the Games "Live Services" and "Forzanite" Mentalities and the issues caused by Content delays with Live Services Titles, of the nature Seen with Series 23, to Boil Over resulting in a very unpleasant and somewhat uncalled for lash out against the Development Staff.
 10 users liked this post.
#221 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 10:34:59 AM(UTC)
Aw man, they fixed it already? I didn't get to put up my conspiracy theory yet. You see, there's this Lizard King...and he...ah, never mind.

I am not one of those who have been playing this game since inception, I've only been on for a few months. So maybe I am not as emotionally tied to it as many of you are...but I do thoroughly enjoy the game. I am also one of those people who is allergic to the word "paid." I bought this game for $20...I have no DLC...and I don't get to experience what the Lego (meh) or Treasure Island expansions are about. And I miss out on some really cool cars. Oh well. I love that there is a thing that allows me to grind out a few events to earn points I can use to get cars I otherwise would not have. However, that level of cheapskate also follows me in to the Auction. The cars selling for millions? Forget about it, I own 3 Morris Minors (on purpose) that I was able to buy for $2k apiece.

The point being is: it is a game. It is a good game, yes. There are things that could be fixed, yes. There are things I really like about it. There are things I'm not so excited about (looking at you, drift zone). But it is a game.

I play almost every night. Sometimes race, sometimes test/upgrade, sometimes paint. Just getting into laying out my own courses. There's a lot to do.

Perhaps I take a fatalistic view of it all. They had a delay...don't know why, don't know what. They said it was a bug. It changed how the seasonal challenges worked. Not the whole game, not whether you could play or not, design or not, paint or not. But how their challenges worked...and by worked, I mean you didn't get the same rewards as other seasons, and they weren't different events than other seasons. But you could still play, or not. So I played, or not. In the end, it doesn't matter if it was a critical bug that would have shut down the whole game, a minor glitch that would have affected some people, or some inner department decision to appease a pressing social/political issue...it was an issue that slightly changed how some people would play the game. And it will get (was) fixed when they do. No sooner, no later. So I continue to play, or not.

In the overall scheme of things, it just doesn't seem to me to be something to get that worked up about. There's too much drama in real life as it is. See you in the game.

#222 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 11:27:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
Aw man, they fixed it already? I didn't get to put up my conspiracy theory yet. You see, there's this Lizard King...and he...ah, never mind.

I am not one of those who have been playing this game since inception, I've only been on for a few months. So maybe I am not as emotionally tied to it as many of you are...but I do thoroughly enjoy the game. I am also one of those people who is allergic to the word "paid." I bought this game for $20...I have no DLC...and I don't get to experience what the Lego (meh) or Treasure Island expansions are about. And I miss out on some really cool cars. Oh well. I love that there is a thing that allows me to grind out a few events to earn points I can use to get cars I otherwise would not have. However, that level of cheapskate also follows me in to the Auction. The cars selling for millions? Forget about it, I own 3 Morris Minors (on purpose) that I was able to buy for $2k apiece.

The point being is: it is a game. It is a good game, yes. There are things that could be fixed, yes. There are things I really like about it. There are things I'm not so excited about (looking at you, drift zone). But it is a game.

I play almost every night. Sometimes race, sometimes test/upgrade, sometimes paint. Just getting into laying out my own courses. There's a lot to do.

Perhaps I take a fatalistic view of it all. They had a delay...don't know why, don't know what. They said it was a bug. It changed how the seasonal challenges worked. Not the whole game, not whether you could play or not, design or not, paint or not. But how their challenges worked...and by worked, I mean you didn't get the same rewards as other seasons, and they weren't different events than other seasons. But you could still play, or not. So I played, or not. In the end, it doesn't matter if it was a critical bug that would have shut down the whole game, a minor glitch that would have affected some people, or some inner department decision to appease a pressing social/political issue...it was an issue that slightly changed how some people would play the game. And it will get (was) fixed when they do. No sooner, no later. So I continue to play, or not.

In the overall scheme of things, it just doesn't seem to me to be something to get that worked up about. There's too much drama in real life as it is. See you in the game.

+1
#223 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 1:25:11 PM(UTC)
I'd guess the Festival playlist awards which are now 50% a Super Wheelspin and 80% 250k CR will be same? Wonder if they'd swap those out next week as well.
Oh well, another week of daily FT shop cheap cars works.
#224 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 2:04:52 PM(UTC)
Shoot, now I want to kick myself for taking the week/Summer Season off. Assuming the summer season percentages are tied into the overall four seasons, I hope I didn't screw myself out of any new cars in the winter and spring.
#225 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 3:24:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Last Flight Go to Quoted Post
Shoot, now I want to kick myself for taking the week/Summer Season off. Assuming the summer season percentages are tied into the overall four seasons, I hope I didn't screw myself out of any new cars in the winter and spring.

I managed to get on the last 40 minutes and complete some of the activities before the season changed.
14 Pages<<7891011>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error