14 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
#126 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 12:57:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RavingWolfy Go to Quoted Post
I feel sorry for the family of that guy who got killed.... But Turn10 delaying the update by a whole month is just stupid.

Meanwhile, the Microsoft Xbox store continues it's weekly game sales as if nothing happened.... And Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Motorsport 7 are both included in the sale.

"We show respect for someone dying, but hey, still keep buying our games on special discount this week"

Doesn't really look good like a good statement by Turn10, does it?

Well, blame Playground (not Turn 10) for having created this weekly/monthly seasonal mess. Now they have a game so tightly linked to a real-time clock, they're forced to delay an update by a whole month just to make it fit their schedule. It also helps them milk FH4 just that tiny little bit further.

To tell the truth though (and maybe to cut them some slack), this "monthly" thing is Microsoft-wide. The update schedule of most if not all Microsoft products is very tightly controlled so as to ensure you get an update every month. It's good to have a system like this when everything's working fine, but it's not so good when something comes up.

Edited by user Saturday, June 6, 2020 12:59:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 4 users liked this post.
#127 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 2:46:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: iBl0cks Go to Quoted Post
Seriously?

Did you read the pinned post from Morgan? It clearly states there was an error with the update......

Originally Posted by: Zacabeb Go to Quoted Post
I think they want to avoid another situation like the car perk fiasco last year. Now that they're working from home, coding and testing probably takes longer than usual, so they couldn't fix the issue they discovered in time for the intended release.

Yes. Exactly. They openly stated that it was a bug that they're working on fixing, and there's no reason to assume otherwise. There may be other extenuating circumstances, but the reason given is most likely the real reason. Granted, communication has been a little lax since Retro left, but we can at least take them at their word for what they are communicating.

No!

In the past they were able to fix bugs very quickly and most importantly they kept the players up to date about the progress.

But this time it was just „we found a bug“ and this „black movement thing“.

Next week will reveal the truth and I think they will postpone the whole season and surely not because of a bug.

Wake up people!

Forza Motorsport 4 -> finally with active aero :D

My Scale 18 Diecast Collection
 3 users liked this post.
#128 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 4:00:47 PM(UTC)
Quote:
Forza Horizon@ForzaHorizon
·
Jun 1

Forza stands together with our fans, creators, colleagues, friends and the entire African American & Black Community against system racism and injustice. We are proud to join with
@Microsoft
in amplifying Black and African American voices.
Quote Tweet

Microsoft@Microsoft
· Jun 1
At this time, we will be using our platform to amplify voices from the Black and African American community at Microsoft.

And we’re starting with Megan Carpenter: https://msft.it/6003TcJ0V.

·
Jun 1

Our regular programming has been postponed as a result. We are proud to join with
@Microsoft
in amplifying Black and African American voices.]

Microsoft and Forza can do what they want with their products and I as a consumer can either choose to support them or not. However, blaming this on a glitch just seems deceitful and erodes trust.

I hope I'm wrong, but I hear one story here and another from their own twitter account. If they're doing this because of current events, then simply be honest and say so.

Some people have commented that politics don't belong here and I could not agree with that statement more. But, if the company brings politics into it, I find it highly hypocritical for them to silence those who say they don't want politics in their gaming world or have a different political view.

ETA: I wanted to make sure people read the bolded and underlined portion of the quote.

Edited by user Saturday, June 6, 2020 4:02:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#129 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 4:44:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ATBackpackin Go to Quoted Post

ETA: I wanted to make sure people read the bolded and underlined portion of the quote.

They are talking about stuff like livestreams. Not game updates.
 2 users liked this post.
#130 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 5:07:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ATBackpackin Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
·
Jun 1

Forza stands together with our fans, creators, colleagues, friends and the entire African American & Black Community against system racism and injustice. We are proud to join with
@Microsoft
in amplifying Black and African American voices.
Quote Tweet

Microsoft@Microsoft
· Jun 1
At this time, we will be using our platform to amplify voices from the Black and African American community at Microsoft.

And we’re starting with Megan Carpenter: https://msft.it/6003TcJ0V.

·
Jun 1

Our regular programming has been postponed as a result. We are proud to join with
@Microsoft
in amplifying Black and African American voices.]

Microsoft and Forza can do what they want with their products and I as a consumer can either choose to support them or not. However, blaming this on a glitch just seems deceitful and erodes trust.

I hope I'm wrong, but I hear one story here and another from their own twitter account. If they're doing this because of current events, then simply be honest and say so.

Some people have commented that politics don't belong here and I could not agree with that statement more. But, if the company brings politics into it, I find it highly hypocritical for them to silence those who say they don't want politics in their gaming world or have a different political view.

Like Jaffa said, this is directed at the stream being postponed. The statement has no bearings on what happened with the update, which was caused due to a bug. Context clues are huge on this.
 6 users liked this post.
#131 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 5:55:15 PM(UTC)
2 years in and still new free cars and content updates. Done an amazing job supporting this game.

Edited by user Saturday, June 6, 2020 5:56:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#132 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 7:25:22 PM(UTC)
l

Edited by user Saturday, June 6, 2020 8:53:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#133 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 10:14:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FAULTIER Go to Quoted Post
Seriously?

Did you read the pinned post from Morgan? It clearly states there was an error with the update......

I think they want to avoid another situation like the car perk fiasco last year. Now that they're working from home, coding and testing probably takes longer than usual, so they couldn't fix the issue they discovered in time for the intended release.

Yes. Exactly. They openly stated that it was a bug that they're working on fixing, and there's no reason to assume otherwise. There may be other extenuating circumstances, but the reason given is most likely the real reason. Granted, communication has been a little lax since Retro left, but we can at least take them at their word for what they are communicating.

No!

In the past they were able to fix bugs very quickly and most importantly they kept the players up to date about the progress.

Next week will reveal the truth and I think they will postpone the whole season and surely not because of a bug.

Wake up people!

You’re really digging for a hidden meaning aren’t ya? Chill out and put the tin foil hat down for a moment.
 2 users liked this post.
#134 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 12:18:43 AM(UTC)
Assuming that they are able to fix the problem reasonably swiftly, the most likely outcome to me now would be that they start the new series properly on Thursday, with Autumn, and skip Summer entirely. They’d just need to somehow fit the new cars in, either though the shop or as additional prizes.

Hopefully, they’ll give us an update at some stage early next week. Slightly frustrating that they haven’t confirmed new cars etc or a timeline for when they actually think it will be released.
 1 user liked this post.
#135 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 12:50:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Seriously?

No!

Wake up people!

You’re really digging for a hidden meaning aren’t ya? Chill out and put the tin foil hat down for a moment.

Lets assume I am soooo wrong.

Ok canceling a stream is one thing but they won‘t even list the content we can expect in series 23 and their whole social media is currently about this political thing ;)

Lets see next week.
They have to say somethjng and as I said.

In the past they always kept us up to date about the bug fix progress.
This time they remain silent.

Now you do the math ;)

#136 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 1:04:23 AM(UTC)
I have a question, maybe you know: Are we supposed to do the season normally and get our stuff retroactively? Or should we wait till it is fixed to not miss anything? I could not find anything about it, so you are my last hope.
 1 user liked this post.
#137 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 3:32:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Assuming that they are able to fix the problem reasonably swiftly, the most likely outcome to me now would be that they start the new series properly on Thursday, with Autumn, and skip Summer entirely. They’d just need to somehow fit the new cars in, either though the shop or as additional prizes.

Hopefully, they’ll give us an update at some stage early next week. Slightly frustrating that they haven’t confirmed new cars etc or a timeline for when they actually think it will be released.

Or maybe there will be two summers in a row
 3 users liked this post.
#138 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 3:46:20 AM(UTC)
politics is not a valid excuse to justify ... the politics of t10 and PG ... No content has been added "Free" ... Like rockstar, they provide us with the game in spare parts (and old ones from dlc from fm4) ... Before, we bought on credit ... now it is the opposite, we pay in advance to stimulate players who need a monthly scenario ... in a racing game or car ride !!! nothing is free here, no company sells at a loss !!!

Please let the soup vendors sell their soup ... to run after the "fame" on social networks ... you know that a good product doesn't need it ... And give us back our game for humans who love cars.

I want all of what I have paid since fm1 !!! now is enough

Edited by user Sunday, June 7, 2020 5:34:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#139 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 4:46:53 AM(UTC)
Oh I really appreciate the free dlc - that was never a doubt.

But I also want clear communication.

If they think its cool to move a whole season - well then its their decision but they should tell us.
But don‘t say its a bug and suddeny no more words on it.

As long as they don‘t update the game I won‘t play.

I don‘t need anymore wheelspins or so 😴

#140 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 5:50:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post

Isn't it possible to just "pretend" the current Summer never happened and begin the next series in a new Summer? A series in FH4 is the complete year, from Summer to Spring, unless Series 23 retroactively considers this Summer as part of the full month, which wouldn't be much of an issue considering Playground made the most out of it by introducing a daily Forzathon sale for a few highly sought cars.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#141 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 5:55:31 AM(UTC)
Given there is a playlist, given there is Covid health and Economic impacts, given there are things happening is US, given modifications required to change season start, given game is now quite hold and only few people care ... I would tend to think that fix could be next month.

Additionally enriching next months releases could a good move for them given other car game upcoming release (PC3) .
#142 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 7:23:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Additionally enriching next months releases could a good move for them given other car game upcoming release (PC3) .

I just watch the demo on Youtube and found it underwhelming. PC2 had flaws, but it was great. Why did they revert to this?

#143 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 7:38:33 AM(UTC)
One question: Are we supposed to wait for the missing content, then do all challenges or do we need to do all challenges now and the content will be granted retroactively? I am unsure wether I should play or not?
#144 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 7:40:03 AM(UTC)
Simulation fans is no longer target of PC, imho, both games are now targeting same audience.
 1 user liked this post.
#145 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 9:47:52 AM(UTC)
Simulation fans is no longer target of PC, imho, both games are now targeting same audience.

Ian Bell has always been envious of Forza's success. It's borderline pathological.

His end goal is to make a Forza clone better than Forza itself and be successful with it. That's why he went to EA to have them fund and publish NFS Shift, which was a huge failure.

This thread should tell you all you need to know: https://forums.forzamotorsport.n...-Project-Cars-on-F5.aspx

Delaying an update because of that mediocre PCARS3 gameplay footage is a bit much... Highly doubt Playground is concerned.

Edited by user Sunday, June 7, 2020 9:52:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#146 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 10:16:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

Ian Bell has always been envious of Forza's success. It's borderline pathological.

His end goal is to make a Forza clone better than Forza itself and be successful with it. That's why he went to EA to have them fund and publish NFS Shift, which was a huge failure.

This thread should tell you all you need to know: https://forums.forzamotorsport.n...-Project-Cars-on-F5.aspx

Delaying an update because of that mediocre PCARS3 gameplay footage is a bit much... Highly doubt Playground is concerned.

Thanks for the link. That was really insightful. I pity the team behind him who worked hard to put out that game despite the bugs.

With the daily car rotation in Forzathonshop, I do hope some much requested rare cars like the Trueno will be offered as well, so that players that didn't get it the first time and purchase it
 4 users liked this post.
#147 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 10:46:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Seriously?

No!

Wake up people!

Lets assume I am soooo wrong.

Ok canceling a stream is one thing but they won‘t even list the content we can expect in series 23 and their whole social media is currently about this political thing ;)

Lets see next week.
They have to say somethjng and as I said.

In the past they always kept us up to date about the bug fix progress.
This time they remain silent.

Now you do the math ;)

Even if it was about their political stance, who actually cares? It’s a game? Go get upset about something else other than developers not telling you about a fix.
#148 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 11:46:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Update 23

The content update intended for the Summer season starting June 5 has been delayed:

Originally Posted by: Morglet 713 Go to Quoted Post
[UPDATED]

As we were finishing up the Series 23 update we discovered an issue that has prevented us from releasing on time. This means that when the season changes today, the game will not have the content we had hoped to bring you and will instead revert to a back-up version of Summer. We apologize for this and are working tirelessly to get this issue resolved and deliver the update that we know you’re all so keen to play.

You can read the tweet thread here.

We have identified an issue with the Series 23 update which has caused a delay in release. We will keep you updated once we have more information.

You can read the original tweet here.

The back-up version of the Summer season includes a repeat of Series 12, (from August 2019) offering CR and wheelspin rewards (no unique items). The featured car in the Forzathon Shop is being rotated daily for 100FP.

I hope one of the daily cars is the Ford Focus PO. It's the only car I am missing and it is unattainable in the auction house.

2 users liked this post.
#149 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 3:37:53 PM(UTC)
Please don‘t tell me what I should do or not 🤨

Lets just wait for next week when they hopefully tell us whats cracking now.

And I also highly doubt that Pcars 3 reveal was a reason.

Pcars 3 wants to copy Forza now completely and I wish them best of luck.
Thankfully I am too old for game vs game so I simply buy Forza 8 and Pcars 3.

And speaking of old.

I have a leading position in my company and I expect my work mates to always tell me the truth so we can work quickly on our next goal
or on solutions.

Communication and honesty is everything!

Edited by user Sunday, June 7, 2020 3:38:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#150 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 5:56:05 PM(UTC)
Please don‘t tell me what I should do or not 🤨

Lets just wait for next week when they hopefully tell us whats cracking now.

And I also highly doubt that Pcars 3 reveal was a reason.

Pcars 3 wants to copy Forza now completely and I wish them best of luck.
Thankfully I am too old for game vs game so I simply buy Forza 8 and Pcars 3.

And speaking of old.

I have a leading position in my company and I expect my work mates to always tell me the truth so we can work quickly on our next goal
or on solutions.

Communication and honesty is everything!

Just block him/her like i have then you won't see his/her pathetic and nasty msg's.

14 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error