14 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext
#226 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 8:19:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Last Flight Go to Quoted Post
Shoot, now I want to kick myself for taking the week/Summer Season off. Assuming the summer season percentages are tied into the overall four seasons, I hope I didn't screw myself out of any new cars in the winter and spring.

highly doubt the overall series rewards will have the new cars..stay as they currently are
they rarely have lately anyway, usually recycled from old playlists , and 80% have been common ones
you can still easily get 50% series just need to qualify for ranked and rivals, worth 24% to overall

Edited by user Friday, June 12, 2020 5:11:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#227 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 9:47:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
Aw man, they fixed it already? I didn't get to put up my conspiracy theory yet. You see, there's this Lizard King...and he...ah, never mind.

I am not one of those who have been playing this game since inception, I've only been on for a few months. So maybe I am not as emotionally tied to it as many of you are...but I do thoroughly enjoy the game. I am also one of those people who is allergic to the word "paid." I bought this game for $20...I have no DLC...and I don't get to experience what the Lego (meh) or Treasure Island expansions are about. And I miss out on some really cool cars. Oh well. I love that there is a thing that allows me to grind out a few events to earn points I can use to get cars I otherwise would not have. However, that level of cheapskate also follows me in to the Auction. The cars selling for millions? Forget about it, I own 3 Morris Minors (on purpose) that I was able to buy for $2k apiece.

The point being is: it is a game. It is a good game, yes. There are things that could be fixed, yes. There are things I really like about it. There are things I'm not so excited about (looking at you, drift zone). But it is a game.

I play almost every night. Sometimes race, sometimes test/upgrade, sometimes paint. Just getting into laying out my own courses. There's a lot to do.

Perhaps I take a fatalistic view of it all. They had a delay...don't know why, don't know what. They said it was a bug. It changed how the seasonal challenges worked. Not the whole game, not whether you could play or not, design or not, paint or not. But how their challenges worked...and by worked, I mean you didn't get the same rewards as other seasons, and they weren't different events than other seasons. But you could still play, or not. So I played, or not. In the end, it doesn't matter if it was a critical bug that would have shut down the whole game, a minor glitch that would have affected some people, or some inner department decision to appease a pressing social/political issue...it was an issue that slightly changed how some people would play the game. And it will get (was) fixed when they do. No sooner, no later. So I continue to play, or not.

In the overall scheme of things, it just doesn't seem to me to be something to get that worked up about. There's too much drama in real life as it is. See you in the game.

I'm sorry. Getting Peel Tridents in the Car Pass while the Game Pass quasi-freeloaders are able to get Bugatti Divos and 488 Pistas has really rubbed me the wrong way.

Other than the cars, the free content has been absolutely inferior... You can't compare the effort put on an Eliminator to a fully-fledged expansion like Fortune Island. Unfortunately, developers must eat, drink and sleep, even with Microsoft backing them.

People who are critical of the Playlist are called "entitled" for wanting the cars in the Autoshow, available through normal game progression. I'd say the "entitled" people are those who think they must get a game and everything in it at no monetary cost.

With regards to the update itself, I'm not too fussed. Sometimes, you really need to take a break from the game to come back in full force. But the game is still interesting, even with no new content. If they put cars behind 50% Series completion, it's gonna be ugly, though.

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#228 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 10:28:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
I'm sorry. Getting Peel Tridents in the Car Pass while the Game Pass quasi-freeloaders are able to get Bugatti Divos and 488 Pistas has really rubbed me the wrong way.

Other than the cars, the free content has been absolutely inferior... You can't compare the effort put on an Eliminator to a fully-fledged expansion like Fortune Island. Unfortunately, developers must eat, drink and sleep, even with Microsoft backing them.

People who are critical of the Playlist are called "entitled" for wanting the cars in the Autoshow, available through normal game progression. I'd say the "entitled" people are those who think they must get a game and everything in it at no monetary cost.

With regards to the update itself, I'm not too fussed. Sometimes, you really need to take a break from the game to come back in full force. But the game is still interesting, even with no new content. If they put cars behind 50% Series completion, it's gonna be ugly, though.

Hey, they could put 200 SW in there at 50%. :^D

3 users liked this post.
#229 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 10:51:18 AM(UTC)

Nope, I hear you. The only "entitled" I throw out is everyone is entitled to their opinions and feelings. I pay less and expect less. I know there is stuff I will miss out on (missed out when they sold the MS6 expansions for $5....grrrrr!) and I accept it. If I do drop some coin on something, I want more than what people get who pay nothing. If I get something on the cheap, it's usually at the expense of having to wait it out. I'm ok with that. But yeah, just because I have access to the game doesn't mean I should get everything that the people who are actually *funding* the development are getting. I literally have access to hundreds of cars, that is mind-blowing to me. And if you buy the Ultimate Mondo Edition for $X...you should get the ultra-mondo expansion and the hyper-mondo car list. But I do like that they allow some consolation with the ForzaPoints bit in getting some cars you might not be able to get through Auction or Autoshow. Stupid me is all excited that I'm getting a Karmann Ghia later today...which for some reason is more thrilling to me than being able to get an Agera RS. But that's just me...I'm a bit of an odd duck.

#230 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 11:06:05 AM(UTC)

I'm sorry. Getting Peel Tridents in the Car Pass while the Game Pass quasi-freeloaders are able to get Bugatti Divos and 488 Pistas has really rubbed me the wrong way

You mean that when you pay for the car pass you can't get the cars that everyone else can get?

P.S: You do realize that the "game pass freeloaders" pay MORE than people who bought the game if they keep playing continuously

Edited by user Friday, June 12, 2020 11:12:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#231 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 11:14:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
...all excited that I'm getting a Karmann Ghia later today...which for some reason is more thrilling to me than being able to get an Agera RS.

🏆👏🏼👍🏼✌🏼
Every train needs a caboose, right?
#232 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 12:18:53 PM(UTC)
So, any new news other than the old news since yesterday?

Edited by user Friday, June 12, 2020 12:20:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#233 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 5:10:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iBl0cks Go to Quoted Post
So, any new news other than the old news since yesterday?

What news are you expecting
The new content for this series starts next week
The 4 weeks of new content has been put into the 2 weeks remaining
 1 user liked this post.
#234 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 8:35:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

News on the streams, but nevermind, I had to re-enter Discord to see the pinned post. Its all good.
#235 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 5:34:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iBl0cks Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

News on the streams, but nevermind, I had to re-enter Discord to see the pinned post. Its all good.

yeh no streams, just saw that too
#236 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 12:26:29 AM(UTC)
So... has there been an official announcement about the cars yet? Or we just waiting till Thursday?
#237 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 12:37:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: marksbros6 Go to Quoted Post
So... has there been an official announcement about the cars yet? Or we just waiting till Thursday?

I'll wait for Thursday

#238 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 4:59:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: marksbros6 Go to Quoted Post

The only car we don't know for certain is whichever one corresponds with the 7-200 clue. The rest were fairly obvious.

Toyota MR2 SC
Toyota MR2 GT
Toyota Corolla SR5
Toyota Celica GT
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#239 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 6:50:14 AM(UTC)
Cars and Release Notes

Per Nitro Glitter in the Forza Discord, there are 4 cars:
*1989 Toyota MR2 SC - Complete 50% of the Winter
*1973 Toyota Corolla SR5 - Winter Seasonal Championship - The Corolla Express
*1974 Toyota Celica GT - Complete 50% of the Spring
*1995 Toyota MR2 GT - Spring Seasonal Championship - Track Toyotas

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360049576114-FH4-Release-Notes-June-15th-2020

FH4 Release Notes: June 15th, 2020

Quote:
Version Number:
Xbox: 1.421.937.0
PC: 1.421.937.2

NEW FEATURES

NEW ACHIEVEMENTS
  • This update includes 7 new Achievements worth 200GS as a part of Microsoft’s giving campaign.
  • In the month of June, players will get the chance to Play, Earn and Donate with Forza Horizon 4, Forza Motorsport 7, and Forza Street.
  • Beginning June 1st, visit the Xbox One Rewards app to activate your Forza bonus punch card. Then, jump into FH4, FM7, or Forza Street to score bonus Microsoft reward points when you unlock up to three achievements.
  • Once you’ve unlocked three achievements, return to the Rewards punch card, and donate those points to your choice of several charities. Microsoft will match donations all month long.* (US ONLY)
  • Visit http://aka.ms/forzatogether for more details.

SHOWCASE REMIX - MORNING RUSH
Crowded, noisy stations. Cold winds and bad coffee. Grumpy commuters packed into a standing-room-only metal tube for HOURS on end. With all of this, why would you take the train anywhere? Instead, give Isha’s Taxis a call. We’ll come right to your door, and we’ll get you where you need to go faster than ANY train. Don’t believe us? We’ll prove it!

CROSS-PLATFORM FIXES
Fixed an issue with the 2019 McLaren 720s Spider where the brake lights were not moving along with the rear wing
Fixed an inconsistency in the behavior of an aftermarker hood on the Bentley Continental GT Speed Forza Edition and Standard Edition
Fixed a minor graphical error on the Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020
Fixed an issue with the tail light illumination on the Toyota Supra 2.0 GT
Various Stability Improvements

Edited by user Monday, June 15, 2020 11:34:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#240 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 7:22:28 AM(UTC)
Thank you for the update. I've already completed the Forza Motorsports giving campaign.
 4 users liked this post.
#241 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 7:39:48 AM(UTC)
Surely they can’t have gone another month without addressing the Team Adventure points issue? I mean it’s great that they’ve had the time to fix the Supra taillight but the 8 month old issue that affects one of their main online offerings remains unfixed?? That can’t be right.

With my less sarcastic hat on, thanks for sharing the update Max. Will be interesting to see what the new achievements are 👍.
#242 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 8:03:15 AM(UTC)
Quote:
NEW ACHIEVEMENTS
This update includes 7 new Achievements worth 200GS as a part of Microsoft’s giving campaign.

And that's the answer for the "7 - 200" clue
#243 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 8:30:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Surely they can’t have gone another month without addressing the Team Adventure points issue? I mean it’s great that they’ve had the time to fix the Supra taillight but the 8 month old issue that affects one of their main online offerings remains unfixed?? That can’t be right.

With my less sarcastic hat on, thanks for sharing the update Max. Will be interesting to see what the new achievements are 👍.

Max's updates are faster than the pinned post from Morglet. Thanks Max for keeping us always informed.

The longer the issue with TA drags on, the faster playerbase will decline with the three new upcoming racing games. Perhaps what PGG really needs is competition - a healthy at least. Hopefully, everything will be taken seriously.

Edited by user Monday, June 15, 2020 8:40:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#244 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 9:15:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post

i am sure: there is only 1 junior developer left for small fixes, example the brakelight of the 720s spider.

all other developer are moved to other projects. i am not able to say: hopefully for horizon 5.

#245 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 11:07:33 AM(UTC)
Does anyone have info on what the new achievements are?

Also, does the discord require an invite? Can someone post a link?

Edited by user Monday, June 15, 2020 11:09:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#246 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 11:11:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RED RIDER NL Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone have info on what the new achievements are?

I do not know English very well, so I apologize in advance for any errors
#247 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 11:18:27 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the post.

Those are some trash achievements. The house and the promo ones better be retroactive.
#248 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 11:22:24 AM(UTC)
So the Eliminator ones were too hard (arguably) and these ones are silly easy. I guess I prefer the latter though something a bit of a challenge would have been fun.
#249 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 11:23:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
So the Eliminator ones were too hard (arguably) and these ones are silly easy. I guess I prefer the latter though something a bit of a challenge would have been fun.

These are just pure grinding.
#250 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 11:28:46 AM(UTC)
The photo ones must be retrospective, as the house purchase must also be. The other four all look pretty easy and the type of thing it will be easy to do whilst waiting for an online event to start.
14 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error