2 Pages12Prev
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 9:25:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
Like atomic punk on dirt? This is a car ban not the nova...
A class dirt racing is another problem. You can Open a thread for that and i will gladly support you.



is not needed to open a new post, there are some cars that are almost impossible to beat, like the DLC car ford roadster,if you have no dlc you cant have the car....im not saying people dont have to use it, i say that the game its not well balance. Allowed a car that you can get only SPEND REAL MONEY in ranked its bleaa.This cars have to be banned from ranked, nova is faster but its a "normal" car that everyone can have it.


Whats your point? Nova FE is completely fine just because everyone can have it? Track-tor and Bone Shaker were also accessed by everyone yet they end up banned.



BS and Tractor were demolishing (almost) everything across their respective competitive classes and through all seasons...your nova (fe) issue is with just one class during one season? Doesn't compare. And your remedy is to deprive all players from a wealth of racing content because one car is too good at a specific class during a specific season, making online rotations even more monotonous?

What makes you think Nova FE is only overpowered in A class winter? Its pretty much overpowered everywhere. Winter is the place where its completely broken.


1 Um, you're the one rattling on about Nova FE overpowered in A800 winter; that's your metric, not mine (see original thread post). I was just speaking to your fail-comparisons with BS as justification for removal. As pointed out above and by tilo and jezza as well, the sheer scale of overperformance by BS and TT across almost every event type/surface, all seasons, and their respective class 'blocks' is what got them banned. Yes, Nova FE is an all-around ballbuster in a800 and a regular abominable snowman in winter, but it doesn't come close to replicating BS TT multi-class/event/season dominance.

2 Its so op there's no other competitive meta to choose from in winter? You already conceded in an earlier post that "Nova FE is slightly better then Atomic punk in snow. Difference is definetely not big but its there," and that "cars in A class in not good with snow tyres apart from Nova FE and Atomic punk." Thus, your acknowledgment/identification of another competitive meta for nova fe in a800 winter ("the place where it's totally broken") renders your nova ban demand null.

3 You say, "There are some tracks that have heavy snow. Difference is big between Nova FE and a non Snow tyred Meta car." Thich tracks have heavy snow? I know jezza was working on a comprehensive list, but i'm going to take a guess that the amount of aphalt with any real accumulation of snow is actually minimal with any adverse effect largely negligable. You may even recall back when details of H4 and it's seasons were first revealed, the major FREAKOUT thrown by the rwd community should they be subjected to blizzard mountain-like roads (compacted snow and ice) and potential awd use (-gasp!-) for any length of time, their threatening refusal to play during winter periods and the resulting concessions by the devs that largely neutered winter – no icy asphalt and a promise to scale back amount of snow covering roads, leaving large swaths clean and clear (whiteout conditions were also left out and snowfall intensity for heavy snow, blizzard conditions nerfed, grip in snow increased...all additional concessions, argueably). In short, any 'teeth' wintery roads may have had were pulled a long time ago and it's off-road where those snow tires will matter more. That all said, your 'big difference' between nova fe and non snow tyred meta cars* isn't that big an issue as snow on roads are not much of an impedament and when heading off-road, where those non snow tyred meta cars* SHOULD be at a disadvantage...you wouldn't be picking any of those anyway! Hello, MB X-Class! (*Except Atomic Punk, see #2 above.)


Hi Squryl, I don't recall that, what was the context of this feedback ? this forum ? some other places ? I admit I remember the flood for getting FFA and Rivals but not of some discussions concerning winter. Personally, winter is my preferred season, I wish we had some blizzard like online races. I sometimes go back to FH3 Blizzard despite it's like a forgotten empty place ... :( ...

Rank: Racing Permit
#27 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 7:22:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
Like atomic punk on dirt? This is a car ban not the nova...
A class dirt racing is another problem. You can Open a thread for that and i will gladly support you.



is not needed to open a new post, there are some cars that are almost impossible to beat, like the DLC car ford roadster,if you have no dlc you cant have the car....im not saying people dont have to use it, i say that the game its not well balance. Allowed a car that you can get only SPEND REAL MONEY in ranked its bleaa.This cars have to be banned from ranked, nova is faster but its a "normal" car that everyone can have it.


Whats your point? Nova FE is completely fine just because everyone can have it? Track-tor and Bone Shaker were also accessed by everyone yet they end up banned.



BS and Tractor were demolishing (almost) everything across their respective competitive classes and through all seasons...your nova (fe) issue is with just one class during one season? Doesn't compare. And your remedy is to deprive all players from a wealth of racing content because one car is too good at a specific class during a specific season, making online rotations even more monotonous?

What makes you think Nova FE is only overpowered in A class winter? Its pretty much overpowered everywhere. Winter is the place where its completely broken.


1 Um, you're the one rattling on about Nova FE overpowered in A800 winter; that's your metric, not mine (see original thread post). I was just speaking to your fail-comparisons with BS as justification for removal. As pointed out above and by tilo and jezza as well, the sheer scale of overperformance by BS and TT across almost every event type/surface, all seasons, and their respective class 'blocks' is what got them banned. Yes, Nova FE is an all-around ballbuster in a800 and a regular abominable snowman in winter, but it doesn't come close to replicating BS TT multi-class/event/season dominance.

It doesnt need to be broken everywhere like BS or TT. Nove FE is broken in winter and definetely needs to go away from ranked along with AP.

Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post


2 Its so op there's no other competitive meta to choose from in winter? You already conceded in an earlier post that "Nova FE is slightly better then Atomic punk in snow. Difference is definetely not big but its there," and that "cars in A class in not good with snow tyres apart from Nova FE and Atomic punk." Thus, your acknowledgment/identification of another competitive meta for nova fe in a800 winter ("the place where it's totally broken") renders your nova ban demand null.



How the hell it renders nova ban null? Cars in A class usually best with street tires and if you put any higher they will have bad acceleration and top speed. For some reason Nova FE and AP uses dirt tyres and still keeps their God like acceleration and corners average. Thats pretty much a good reason for a car ban.

Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post


3 You say, "There are some tracks that have heavy snow. Difference is big between Nova FE and a non Snow tyred Meta car." Thich tracks have heavy snow? I know jezza was working on a comprehensive list, but i'm going to take a guess that the amount of aphalt with any real accumulation of snow is actually minimal with any adverse effect largely negligable. You may even recall back when details of H4 and it's seasons were first revealed, the major FREAKOUT thrown by the rwd community should they be subjected to blizzard mountain-like roads (compacted snow and ice) and potential awd use (-gasp!-) for any length of time, their threatening refusal to play during winter periods and the resulting concessions by the devs that largely neutered winter – no icy asphalt and a promise to scale back amount of snow covering roads, leaving large swaths clean and clear (whiteout conditions were also left out and snowfall intensity for heavy snow, blizzard conditions nerfed, grip in snow increased...all additional concessions, argueably). In short, any 'teeth' wintery roads may have had were pulled a long time ago and it's off-road where those snow tires will matter more. That all said, your 'big difference' between nova fe and non snow tyred meta cars* isn't that big an issue as snow on roads are not much of an impedament and when heading off-road, where those non snow tyred meta cars* SHOULD be at a disadvantage...you wouldn't be picking any of those anyway! Hello, MB X-Class! (*Except Atomic Punk, see #2 above.)



Derwent Lakeside Sprint
Mortimer s Pass
Glenfinnan Chase
Moorhead Wind Farm Circuit
Waterhead Sprint
Lake District Sprint
Glen Rannoch Hillside Sprint
Otleydale Dash
Marathon
Elmsdon On Sea Sprint
Astmoor Heritage Circuit

Since Playlists have 3 races, its good chance that your going to get atleast one of those tracks. Cars with snow tyres dont lose their effectiveness on non snow areas either so you wont going to have a chance against Nova FE and AP.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 11:19:20 AM(UTC)
imho, a few PI more on the cost of winter tires and the story ends ... but, I would be surprised anything happens, they don't seem to care much about online except for Eliminator...

Rank: Racing Permit
#29 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 12:24:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
imho, a few PI more on the cost of winter tires and the story ends ... but, I would be surprised anything happens, they don't seem to care much about online except for Eliminator...



PG have oath of not to touch PI ratings. I know PI calculations is not an easy job to handle all different 700 cars but they can easily touch the base PI ratings.

Some people say if they hand touch one car it will break the whole PI system. This is not true because there is no such thing as all cars has to use same calculations for PI rating. Edge cases can use their own PI calculations but PG seems to be busy with adding more and more hot hatchs and toyotas to the game.

Edited by user Monday, June 1, 2020 1:33:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#30 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 2:02:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
PG have oath of not to touch PI ratings. I know PI calculations is not an easy job to handle all different 700 cars but they can easily touch the base PI ratings.

Some people say if they hand touch one car it will break the whole PI system. This is not true because there is no such thing as all cars has to use same calculations for PI rating. Edge cases can use their own PI calculations but PG seems to be busy with adding more and more hot hatchs and toyotas to the game.


Would you be so kind as to provide a source for the above statements? As a tuner, I would like to read it in black and white as this affect a significant portion of my enjoyment in this game. Thank you in advance.

Rank: Driver's Permit
#31 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 2:35:56 AM(UTC)
I think they should just add more car type restrictions to races - not everything needs to be wide open 'A' class any more now that the game has been out a while and people have built up car collections. Then fine, use the Nova for races it's valid for, but have enough other types of races that you get to use other cars too.
Rank: Racing Permit
#32 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 3:24:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iBl0cks Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
PG have oath of not to touch PI ratings. I know PI calculations is not an easy job to handle all different 700 cars but they can easily touch the base PI ratings.

Some people say if they hand touch one car it will break the whole PI system. This is not true because there is no such thing as all cars has to use same calculations for PI rating. Edge cases can use their own PI calculations but PG seems to be busy with adding more and more hot hatchs and toyotas to the game.


Would you be so kind as to provide a source for the above statements? As a tuner, I would like to read it in black and white as this affect a significant portion of my enjoyment in this game. Thank you in advance.



It was sarcasm. I dont think PG have an oath but they didnt touched PI ratings since FH3. I mean Bone Shaker was so OP, instead of fixing the PI rating they just banned the car which is an easy way out.

And yes. PG can touch the PI ratings. Over performing cars can get special threatment. For example:

Daytona Base PI rating is B 645. Special threatment will set to +5 PI rating for daytona. Now Daytona will start from B 650 and existing A 800 tunes will be S1 805.

Obviously this will be a daytona only adjustment. Other overperforming cars will have their own. Since this adjustment is not affecting how the PI calculates it wont break anything.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 3:37:47 AM(UTC)
While it would have been good to have the cars more balanced in the first place, I'm not sure what would be achieved by constant messing about with car balance like PD does for GTS. Look at this list of changes in the last GTS BoP update:

https://www.gran-turismo...ort/news/00_5224155.html

Ridiculous, and those changes don't come close to achieving a correct balance, e.g. the Alfa 4C Gr.4 after that nerf is miles off the pace.

All frequent changes like that do is give an advantage to the people who have huge amounts of free time to re-test all those cars.

At the moment, if the Nova FE is so clearly OP, everyone knows that and can use it. If it were nerfed, it would take some time to work out what is the new best car, and people with huge amounts of time available to test would have an advantage. Then just as people were getting to grips with which cars are best after that change, it would probably need to be changed again. So I don't really see what it achieves, surely we already have fair racing if one car is obviously the best, as everyone can just use that and have a level playing field. If it is nerfed and is no longer the best car, all it means is everyone has to work out what is the new best car and use that instead. Or if the best car becomes closer to the 2nd best car and 3rd best car, there might be different best cars for different courses, favouring those with vast amounts of spare time for testing even more.

Also, every time a car is made worse by a PI adjustment, all performances with that car would need to be wiped from all leaderboards, reducing the value of the leaderboards.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 3:56:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
While it would have been good to have the cars more balanced in the first place, I'm not sure what would be achieved by constant messing about with car balance like PD does for GTS. Look at this list of changes in the last GTS BoP update:

https://www.gran-turismo...ort/news/00_5224155.html

Ridiculous, and those changes don't come close to achieving a correct balance, e.g. the Alfa 4C Gr.4 after that nerf is miles off the pace.

All frequent changes like that do is give an advantage to the people who have huge amounts of free time to re-test all those cars.

At the moment, if the Nova FE is so clearly OP, everyone knows that and can use it. If it were nerfed, it would take some time to work out what is the new best car, and people with huge amounts of time available to test would have an advantage. Then just as people were getting to grips with which cars are best after that change, it would probably need to be changed again. So I don't really see what it achieves, surely we already have fair racing if one car is obviously the best, as everyone can just use that and have a level playing field. If it is nerfed and is no longer the best car, all it means is everyone has to work out what is the new best car and use that instead. Or if the best car becomes closer to the 2nd best car and 3rd best car, there might be different best cars for different courses, favouring those with vast amounts of spare time for testing even more.

Also, every time a car is made worse by a PI adjustment, all performances with that car would need to be wiped from all leaderboards, reducing the value of the leaderboards.


Gt sport did constant balancing because Gt sport driving physics changed many times and every E-sport focused game has constant balance changes. Also Gt sport Gr classes are a lot more balanced now compared to when the game first came out. At least their devs are working out to balance things. On the other hand PG gave zero effort to balance anything in game.

Fh4 is not an E-sport focused game but it still has its ranked mode. There is no point of a ranked mode in a game where balance is completely non existent.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 4:08:18 AM(UTC)
Agree entirely with that Bree. Forza has never had particularly evenly matched cars at the same PI and I suspect if the Nova FE and Punk were nerfed for A winter then there would probably be other cars that would take over and similar calls for them to be nerfed (I don’t recall anyone asking for the Punk and Nova to be nerfed whilst the Boneshaker was still a ranked option for example).

To me, it’s a question of degree. The Track Tor at B class dirt was probably 5-10 seconds quicker than the other leading cars at some courses. The effect of that is it means that skill of the driver is largely irrelevant forcing anyone who didn’t want to use it to do so or be beaten by any moderately skilled driver doing so. The Boneshaker was less dominant but was the best car across all seasons for A road and dirt, giving it too much flexibility.

The Nova is very different. Not only is it really only the best car in one season (and then only on courses with snow on them) but the gap it has is relatively small over the Punk and a lot smaller than 5-10 seconds over some other cars. I did two A winter races last night and there was only 1 Nova in each (plus me) - there used to be 8-10 Track Tor’s in some B races. It doesn’t completely neuter any competition and it isn’t as prevalent in use.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 2, 2020 4:09:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 5:34:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Just ban winter lol
Seems it would make a few people happy
Then ban spring because it rains too much as well

Wait just only have summer


Not a bad idea tbh... I hope FH5 does just that.
Rank: Racing Permit
#37 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 5:45:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post


The Nova is very different. Not only is it really only the best car in one season (and then only on courses with snow on them) but the gap it has is relatively small over the Punk and a lot smaller than 5-10 seconds over some other cars. I did two A winter races last night and there was only 1 Nova in each (plus me) - there used to be 8-10 Track Tor’s in some B races. It doesn’t completely neuter any competition and it isn’t as prevalent in use.

I dont know where did you get that but difference between Nova FE and regular snow tyred car is HUGE. The only car the difference isnt huge is Atomic Punk.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#38 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 6:10:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Fh4 is not an E-sport focused game but it still has its ranked mode. There is no point of a ranked mode in a game where balance is completely non existent.

I don't follow the logic. The purpose of ranked mode is to rank drivers not cars. It can function just fine even if everyone uses the same car. Plenty of driving games have some ranked races where everyone is required to use the same car.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 6:16:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post


The Nova is very different. Not only is it really only the best car in one season (and then only on courses with snow on them) but the gap it has is relatively small over the Punk and a lot smaller than 5-10 seconds over some other cars. I did two A winter races last night and there was only 1 Nova in each (plus me) - there used to be 8-10 Track Tor’s in some B races. It doesn’t completely neuter any competition and it isn’t as prevalent in use.

I dont know where did you get that but difference between Nova FE and regular snow tyred car is HUGE. The only car the difference isnt huge is Atomic Punk.



Which tune are you finding makes the Nova FE so overpowered?

I have never found the car to be anything particularly special, it might be slightly quicker than some others, in some situations, but it's a lot less accessible to the majority in terms of ease of driving it.

I just had another go with it, in winter rivals, Elmsdon on Sea sprint. My best time (which isn't anything special) is with an Atomic Punk, 2:31.6. I tried with a Nova FE with winter tyres (Supernova by GodRatiOn) and was about 2 seconds slower. I then tried with a TZ2 using Grandma Driving's tune which does not have winter tyres AFAIK and did basically the same time as the Nova (actually slightly quicker) but the TZ2 is significantly easier to drive, even on the full snow sections. The effect of snow is clearly predominantly cosmetic, and for grip purposes it makes little difference compared to rain.

Like Jezza, I don't see it used terribly often in online races and when I do see it, it usually doesn't perform miracles, or everyone else would be using it too, like they used to use Bone Shakers.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 2, 2020 6:20:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 7:33:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
The effect of snow is clearly predominantly cosmetic, and for grip purposes it makes little difference compared to rain.

It's not as simple as that. Try an S2 race tyre FXX for Lakehurst Forest Sprint in the snow, for example, it practically stops dead when you reach the snow part. Tyres seem to have secret grip values for different surfaces, which is one reason why the PI system can't correctly account for the different surfaces. When tuning, you choose a tyre, and pay the PI price for a single overall grip value, but you have no way of knowing how it will perform on each surface without testing. The Mosler's rally tyres, for example, have relatively poor grip on dirt, and there are B class cars that can average a similar speed for some speed zones to an X class rally tyre Mosler. Or the rally tyre S1 Ford GT tunes, for example, you might expect it to be a beast for S1 dirt, but its rally tyres just don't have as much grip on dirt as some other cars.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#41 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 8:15:59 AM(UTC)
Fair enough. The best way I've found to deal with ranked snow races is to avoid them... the results are too unpredictable. Problem solved.

When I play ranked free-for-all now, it's S1 or A class road races only, and not winter. Everything else gets skipped.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 2, 2020 8:16:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#42 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 8:50:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
It's not as simple as that. Try an S2 race tyre FXX for Lakehurst Forest Sprint in the snow, for example, it practically stops dead when you reach the snow part. Tyres seem to have secret grip values for different surfaces, which is one reason why the PI system can't correctly account for the different surfaces. When tuning, you choose a tyre, and pay the PI price for a single overall grip value, but you have no way of knowing how it will perform on each surface without testing. The Mosler's rally tyres, for example, have relatively poor grip on dirt, and there are B class cars that can average a similar speed for some speed zones to an X class rally tyre Mosler. Or the rally tyre S1 Ford GT tunes, for example, you might expect it to be a beast for S1 dirt, but its rally tyres just don't have as much grip on dirt as some other cars.


I can fully confirm this. The Rossion Q1 is a road car with a really twitchy anti rollbar coupled with rally tyres that have less grip than problem the AM JB DB11 or any similar car with that same weight rain. I've tuned cars for various PG arena where rally tyres is a must and the grip difference between cars with similar weight (in some instances similar classes) is jarring.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 9:58:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I have never found the car to be anything particularly special, it might be slightly quicker than some others, in some situations, but it's a lot less accessible to the majority in terms of ease of driving it.

I just had another go with it, in winter rivals, Elmsdon on Sea sprint. My best time (which isn't anything special) is with an Atomic Punk, 2:31.6. I tried with a Nova FE with winter tyres (Supernova by GodRatiOn) and was about 2 seconds slower. I then tried with a TZ2 using Grandma Driving's tune which does not have winter tyres AFAIK and did basically the same time as the Nova (actually slightly quicker) but the TZ2 is significantly easier to drive, even on the full snow sections. The effect of snow is clearly predominantly cosmetic, and for grip purposes it makes little difference compared to rain.

Like Jezza, I don't see it used terribly often in online races and when I do see it, it usually doesn't perform miracles, or everyone else would be using it too, like they used to use Bone Shakers.


The Nova is relatively easy to drive - much easier than the Atomic Punk for example. It’s one of the big advantages of using it. I don’t think there’s any doubt it’s the best overall choice for A class winter road - my own impressions and the top times at the winter Elmsdon rivals support that quite clearly. I’d certainly recommend using it for anyone who wants to improve their ranked results. I just don’t see it as so OP that it requires banning.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 10:21:42 AM(UTC)
A bit of correlation and causation being mixed up there I feel. I mean yes, the top times at winter Elmsdon rivals are with that car. Done by the top 0.01% players like yourself. If that car didn't exist then the top times would all be done in Alfa 33s or TZ2s or something else, and the times would be similar I expect.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#45 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 12:27:53 PM(UTC)
That’s chicken and egg though. The fact that most of the top guys have set their best times using that car indicates it’s the best. I agree that it doesn’t show us how big any gap is, as we don’t know how close to his 2.25 time Ripples would go with the other options.

You think the times would be about the same in other options, I suspect the Punk would be about 0.5 slower and the Roadster 1 second, with the TZ2 and 33S 1.5 to 2 seconds off the pace. The OP seems to think it would be several seconds for most of those cars. All we can currently say is that leaderboard demonstrates the quickest tones are with the Nova and that 4-5 cars look to be within a couple of seconds.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 12:39:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
That’s chicken and egg though. The fact that most of the top guys have set their best times using that car indicates it’s the best. I agree that it doesn’t show us how big any gap is, as we don’t know how close to his 2.25 time Ripples would go with the other options.

You think the times would be about the same in other options, I suspect the Punk would be about 0.5 slower and the Roadster 1 second, with the TZ2 and 33S 1.5 to 2 seconds off the pace. The OP seems to think it would be several seconds for most of those cars. All we can currently say is that leaderboard demonstrates the quickest tones are with the Nova and that 4-5 cars look to be within a couple of seconds.


Yes that is what I mean. People who know better than me, say the Nova FE is fastest on that track (ie. of all cars, all things being equal, it has the ability to set the fastest time). I can't say that is true, but sure, I have no reason to doubt it. However, my point isn't about the times per se, because that isn't the only factor especially with regards to races.

The very best of the best drivers, in rivals, will use whatever car it takes to set the best time, even if it involves a hundred attempts to shave another 0.01 second off the run. And crucially, even if the car happens to be difficult to drive.

No I am not saying the Nova FE is 'difficult' to drive exactly, but I *am* saying that is is appreciably more challenging to drive than the likes of the TZ2, which - with ME driving at least - is very similar in the times it sets. Am I the best player, no, but that's the point - I'd class myself as above average and yet I find the car FAIRLY challenging to drive, compared to the TZ2. So I would take the TZ2 every time in a ranked race, because it's more forgiving and I can be more consistent with it.

For those who are more adept at getting the most out of the car than I am, good luck to them - they should use it because it seems it has more potential. But I don't see the big deal about it.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#47 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 1:22:58 PM(UTC)
I think its difficult to ban the Nova FE. Online multiplayer winter matches for road racing feature a variety of racing sprints and circuits. Depending on your Lord RNGesus, you might get handed a technical circuit that will play to your weakness of the Nova and vice versa. Combined with grid placements, both factors as well as experience play a pivotal role in the success of of Nova FE in winter. Whilst comparison can been made between rivals and online racing.

I actually opt for the Nissan R32 in winter or the TZ2 as they are easier to drive than the Nova. No doubt I may not win against a good Nova FE / another TZ2 or in Billy Tatcher's (atomic Punk) car, but the fun factor is there. If you're aiming for the TrueSkill2 (TS2) points, then you have no choice but to use the car.


PS: I enjoy winter as its quite picturesque and to ban a season just because of a car is simply too much.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 2, 2020 1:29:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 3:10:25 AM(UTC)
In a day or so you'll be able to get your own Nova FE for free from solo championship and join the OP club :)
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error