2 Pages12Next
Rank: Racing Permit
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 3:02:56 PM(UTC)
Normally I would ask to nerf the Nova FE but since Playground games hasnt touched any car PI rating I dont have any hope for any nerf.

A class winter races is completely biased towards Nova FE. There is no other car in game that handles so well in snow apart from Bone shaker which already banned from ranked. Remove A class winter from ranked or ban Nova FE.

Edited by user Sunday, May 24, 2020 3:07:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 4:17:00 PM(UTC)
If you go to the Elmsdon on Sea Sprint rivals event, the first event, i.e. not the class events, is A class winter. I recently set a pretty decent time with the Atomic Punk (my tune is shared), and Jezza set a time with my Atomic Punk tune that he couldn't beat with the Nova FE. The top times are set with the Nova FE, though, I don't know if that's because they're just better drivers or if they have a better Nova FE tune than Jezza used.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 4:43:01 PM(UTC)
The Nova is slightly quicker at Elmsdon - I’ve been about 0.5 second clear of my AP ghost a few times and messed up the tricky last section and ran out of patience before I got it right! That said, it’s not dominant enough to require A class winter to be removed - especially as most winter races aren’t in heavy snow.
Rank: Racing Permit
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 5:34:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
If you go to the Elmsdon on Sea Sprint rivals event, the first event, i.e. not the class events, is A class winter. I recently set a pretty decent time with the Atomic Punk (my tune is shared), and Jezza set a time with my Atomic Punk tune that he couldn't beat with the Nova FE. The top times are set with the Nova FE, though, I don't know if that's because they're just better drivers or if they have a better Nova FE tune than Jezza used.

Nova FE is slightly better then Atomic punk in snow. Difference is definetely not big but its there. The reason I want winter A class to be removed is Most cars in A class in not good with snow tyres apart from Nova FE and Atomic punk.
Rank: Racing Permit
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 5:36:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
The Nova is slightly quicker at Elmsdon - I’ve been about 0.5 second clear of my AP ghost a few times and messed up the tricky last section and ran out of patience before I got it right! That said, it’s not dominant enough to require A class winter to be removed - especially as most winter races aren’t in heavy snow.


There are some tracks that have heavy snow. Difference is big between Nova FE and a non Snow tyred Meta car.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 7 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 11:44:45 PM(UTC)
I'm not sure if my thinking is right here, but this leads into an never ending ban circle.
Now you have this car that is somewhat better then others, ban it and you have one other that's a bit better.
... and so the cycle continues onto the next car you want to ban and so on and so on.

Besides cars in this game are cheap to get, why not have one such ready for certain events?
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#7 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 5:49:13 AM(UTC)
Another car worth a look for A winter road is the '66 GT40, I did a ranked team adventure where another driver in my team did well with that.
Rank: Racing Permit
#8 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 8:47:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Another car worth a look for A winter road is the '66 GT40, I did a ranked team adventure where another driver in my team did well with that.


Gt40 is nowhere near as good as Nova FE in winter.
Rank: Racing Legend
 5 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 3:13:43 PM(UTC)
ban this ban that
what's next

if it's so good why not use it as well
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 4:23:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure if my thinking is right here, but this leads into an never ending ban circle.
Now you have this car that is somewhat better then others, ban it and you have one other that's a bit better.
... and so the cycle continues onto the next car you want to ban and so on and so on.

Besides cars in this game are cheap to get, why not have one such ready for certain events?


Just like the circle of people not getting the point of car ban, lol :)

New round, same thing, the issue is not having a car better than others, the issue is the gap between the best car and the others.

If it's not a problem then why having car classes? let's remove that, there will be only one best car, possibly twice more performant than all others any race type so that online is super simplified.

Don't be mad at yourself if you just get the point now, took T10 world finest engineers like half a year to get it. ;)

Edited by user Tuesday, May 26, 2020 4:24:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:01:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
ban this ban that
what's next

if it's so good why not use it as well


Lol I already use it myself. I just dont like being optionless when it comes A class winter.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:05:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 3:08:27 PM(UTC)
Like atomic punk on dirt? This is a car ban not the nova...
Rank: Racing Permit
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 5:03:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
Like atomic punk on dirt? This is a car ban not the nova...
A class dirt racing is another problem. You can Open a thread for that and i will gladly support you.

Rank: Driver's Permit
#14 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 1:23:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
Like atomic punk on dirt? This is a car ban not the nova...
A class dirt racing is another problem. You can Open a thread for that and i will gladly support you.



is not needed to open a new post, there are some cars that are almost impossible to beat, like the DLC car ford roadster,if you have no dlc you cant have the car....im not saying people dont have to use it, i say that the game its not well balance. Allowed a car that you can get only SPEND REAL MONEY in ranked its bleaa.This cars have to be banned from ranked, nova is faster but its a "normal" car that everyone can have it.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#15 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 2:55:37 AM(UTC)
Well what I've learned from the above is to give the Nova FE an the AP a try next winter. Never drove any of them as I did not see the point. They just fill up my garage.
Thanks for the tip.
Rank: Racing Permit
#16 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 11:29:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
Like atomic punk on dirt? This is a car ban not the nova...
A class dirt racing is another problem. You can Open a thread for that and i will gladly support you.



is not needed to open a new post, there are some cars that are almost impossible to beat, like the DLC car ford roadster,if you have no dlc you cant have the car....im not saying people dont have to use it, i say that the game its not well balance. Allowed a car that you can get only SPEND REAL MONEY in ranked its bleaa.This cars have to be banned from ranked, nova is faster but its a "normal" car that everyone can have it.


Whats your point? Nova FE is completely fine just because everyone can have it? Track-tor and Bone Shaker were also accessed by everyone yet they end up banned.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#17 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 12:33:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
there are some cars that are almost impossible to beat, like the DLC car ford roadster,if you have no dlc you cant have the car....im not saying people dont have to use it, i say that the game its not well balance. Allowed a car that you can get only SPEND REAL MONEY in ranked its bleaa.This cars have to be banned from ranked

Yes, it's "pay to win" game mechanics. They're not going to ban it because the whole point is to create an incentive to buy the DLC.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 12:44:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
Like atomic punk on dirt? This is a car ban not the nova...
A class dirt racing is another problem. You can Open a thread for that and i will gladly support you.



is not needed to open a new post, there are some cars that are almost impossible to beat, like the DLC car ford roadster,if you have no dlc you cant have the car....im not saying people dont have to use it, i say that the game its not well balance. Allowed a car that you can get only SPEND REAL MONEY in ranked its bleaa.This cars have to be banned from ranked, nova is faster but its a "normal" car that everyone can have it.


Whats your point? Nova FE is completely fine just because everyone can have it? Track-tor and Bone Shaker were also accessed by everyone yet they end up banned.



BS and Tractor were demolishing (almost) everything across their respective competitive classes and through all seasons...your nova (fe) issue is with just one class during one season? Doesn't compare. And your remedy is to deprive all players from a wealth of racing content because one car is too good at a specific class during a specific season, making online rotations even more monotonous?

Edited by user Sunday, May 31, 2020 12:46:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added quotes

Every train needs a caboose, right?
Rank: Racing Permit
#19 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 1:23:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
Like atomic punk on dirt? This is a car ban not the nova...
A class dirt racing is another problem. You can Open a thread for that and i will gladly support you.



is not needed to open a new post, there are some cars that are almost impossible to beat, like the DLC car ford roadster,if you have no dlc you cant have the car....im not saying people dont have to use it, i say that the game its not well balance. Allowed a car that you can get only SPEND REAL MONEY in ranked its bleaa.This cars have to be banned from ranked, nova is faster but its a "normal" car that everyone can have it.


Whats your point? Nova FE is completely fine just because everyone can have it? Track-tor and Bone Shaker were also accessed by everyone yet they end up banned.



BS and Tractor were demolishing (almost) everything across their respective competitive classes and through all seasons...your nova (fe) issue is with just one class during one season? Doesn't compare. And your remedy is to deprive all players from a wealth of racing content because one car is too good at a specific class during a specific season, making online rotations even more monotonous?

What makes you think Nova FE is only overpowered in A class winter? Its pretty much overpowered everywhere. Winter is the place where its completely broken.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 5:02:15 PM(UTC)
How often do you get A winter anyway? You can't ban everything. I would die for A winter, all I get is Cross country and dirt when its finally road, 1 out of 10 times I get S2.

Edited by user Sunday, May 31, 2020 5:46:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:33:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
How often do you get A winter anyway? You can't ban everything. I would die for A winter, all I get is Cross country and dirt when its finally road, 1 out of 10 times I get S2.

100% of my ranked team adventures this series have been A winter. I used the Atomic Punk and won 2 of the 3 races. Nobody used the Nova FE.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#22 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:54:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GojiraGtr Go to Quoted Post
Like atomic punk on dirt? This is a car ban not the nova...
A class dirt racing is another problem. You can Open a thread for that and i will gladly support you.



is not needed to open a new post, there are some cars that are almost impossible to beat, like the DLC car ford roadster,if you have no dlc you cant have the car....im not saying people dont have to use it, i say that the game its not well balance. Allowed a car that you can get only SPEND REAL MONEY in ranked its bleaa.This cars have to be banned from ranked, nova is faster but its a "normal" car that everyone can have it.


Whats your point? Nova FE is completely fine just because everyone can have it? Track-tor and Bone Shaker were also accessed by everyone yet they end up banned.



BS and Tractor were demolishing (almost) everything across their respective competitive classes and through all seasons...your nova (fe) issue is with just one class during one season? Doesn't compare. And your remedy is to deprive all players from a wealth of racing content because one car is too good at a specific class during a specific season, making online rotations even more monotonous?

What makes you think Nova FE is only overpowered in A class winter? Its pretty much overpowered everywhere. Winter is the place where its completely broken.


1 Um, you're the one rattling on about Nova FE overpowered in A800 winter; that's your metric, not mine (see original thread post). I was just speaking to your fail-comparisons with BS as justification for removal. As pointed out above and by tilo and jezza as well, the sheer scale of overperformance by BS and TT across almost every event type/surface, all seasons, and their respective class 'blocks' is what got them banned. Yes, Nova FE is an all-around ballbuster in a800 and a regular abominable snowman in winter, but it doesn't come close to replicating BS TT multi-class/event/season dominance.

2 Its so op there's no other competitive meta to choose from in winter? You already conceded in an earlier post that "Nova FE is slightly better then Atomic punk in snow. Difference is definetely not big but its there," and that "cars in A class in not good with snow tyres apart from Nova FE and Atomic punk." Thus, your acknowledgment/identification of another competitive meta for nova fe in a800 winter ("the place where it's totally broken") renders your nova ban demand null.

3 You say, "There are some tracks that have heavy snow. Difference is big between Nova FE and a non Snow tyred Meta car." Thich tracks have heavy snow? I know jezza was working on a comprehensive list, but i'm going to take a guess that the amount of aphalt with any real accumulation of snow is actually minimal with any adverse effect largely negligable. You may even recall back when details of H4 and it's seasons were first revealed, the major FREAKOUT thrown by the rwd community should they be subjected to blizzard mountain-like roads (compacted snow and ice) and potential awd use (-gasp!-) for any length of time, their threatening refusal to play during winter periods and the resulting concessions by the devs that largely neutered winter – no icy asphalt and a promise to scale back amount of snow covering roads, leaving large swaths clean and clear (whiteout conditions were also left out and snowfall intensity for heavy snow, blizzard conditions nerfed, grip in snow increased...all additional concessions, argueably). In short, any 'teeth' wintery roads may have had were pulled a long time ago and it's off-road where those snow tires will matter more. That all said, your 'big difference' between nova fe and non snow tyred meta cars* isn't that big an issue as snow on roads are not much of an impedament and when heading off-road, where those non snow tyred meta cars* SHOULD be at a disadvantage...you wouldn't be picking any of those anyway! Hello, MB X-Class! (*Except Atomic Punk, see #2 above.)

Every train needs a caboose, right?
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#23 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 7:08:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
How often do you get A winter anyway? You can't ban everything. I would die for A winter, all I get is Cross country and dirt when its finally road, 1 out of 10 times I get S2.

100% of my ranked team adventures this series have been A winter. I used the Atomic Punk and won 2 of the 3 races. Nobody used the Nova FE.


They want to ban that too. lol All A winter? Even I never get the same thing in a row. It varies dirt and cross country between the classes I just close the game when it gives me what I don't like, That time penalty thing seems not to be working. Stupid not doing Cross country the dirtiest type of race pretty much over and over,

Edited by user Sunday, May 31, 2020 7:12:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#24 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 8:01:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
How often do you get A winter anyway? You can't ban everything. I would die for A winter, all I get is Cross country and dirt when its finally road, 1 out of 10 times I get S2.

100% of my ranked team adventures this series have been A winter. I used the Atomic Punk and won 2 of the 3 races. Nobody used the Nova FE.


They want to ban that too. lol All A winter? Even I never get the same thing in a row. It varies dirt and cross country between the classes I just close the game when it gives me what I don't like, That time penalty thing seems not to be working. Stupid not doing Cross country the dirtiest type of race pretty much over and over,

Sorry, it was an attempt at humour. I've only done one ranked team adventure this series, and it happened to be A winter. Got S2 road last series, so I've definitely struck lucky with avoiding dirt and cross country. Not that it matters, given that the rating never changes.
Rank: Racing Legend
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 8:21:19 PM(UTC)
Just ban winter lol
Seems it would make a few people happy
Then ban spring because it rains too much as well

Wait just only have summer
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error