5 Pages<<345Prev
#101 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 3:24:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Third Race.
-It's easy to collide with your team mates, avoid that at all cost because there are lot's of obstacles Drivatars can get past without much of speed loss due design of CC, but human players can't making up lost time is difficult here.
- Again brake early on tighter curves, there's short tarmac section by side of mountain, time right and you can do that with full speed on most good tunes I guess
- There's one relatively tight left corner leading to even tighter right corner bit like S. 3rd gear if you are relatively close to stock ratios.
- wide checkpoint going uphill jump near the end of race, take it close or cutting the right flag as left side puts you in the "pocket" not aligned with following checkpoint
- for final jump, keeping the car stable is important to land on water and get best acceleration right after landing

The third race is by far the most difficult, not helped by the heavy rain. I’d add the following tips:

- At the start, aim to stay to the right through the pinch point between the buildings. The surface to the left slows your car down for some reason and I often find a clear path emerges to enable swift progress. I’m not technically savvy enough to embed it here but there’s a clip on my feed showing the perfect start;

- The AI is quite slow over the grassy section with a gentle bend to the right and the leader often runs wide into a tree. Make sure you are either in the lead or within a second or so of the lead by the time you are straightening up for the jump past the church on your right. Otherwise, that section is where the AI can gain big time if it’s far enough ahead to phase through objects. If it isn’t, the leader will get slowed substantially by the various obstacles;

- There’s no real trick to getting through the tricky straight section with obstacles and water. Just be prepared to readjust your car very quickly on impact with the two water sections as it may swerve rapidly in either direction. Staying to the left on the second one allows you to stay on dry land for longer;

- For the final jump, you should be at the extreme left of the flag just before it. This enables you to miss the edge of the lake on your right which can otherwise throw your car offline. If you have carried enough speed, most of these cars will more or less clear the water on that line leaving an easy run to the finish.

You should be aiming for a time of around 2.00 to more or less guarantee a win but 2.05 may be sufficient (provided you can get close enough to the leader at the start to stop it phasing through obstacles). In the better cars 1.54/1.55 is doable with a good run.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 19, 2020 3:34:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#102 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 9:07:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: betinhogvz Go to Quoted Post
HOONIGAN FORD RS200 EVOLUTION 1986:...... 109 921 049
This car and setup along with finally getting placed with some great players did the trick for me.

Well, being a glutton for punishment, I figured I'd give 'The Trial' (From Hell) another go despite finally completing it last Friday.
I use my de-tuned 'Hoonigan RS200' and two of my team were in the regular 'Ford RS200 Evolution'.

My guess is they were return players, trying to help others out as they were very good (not names I've seen on here tho').

I don't know if they were using the same tune as you mentioned, but boy, they were quick.

I started a lead car for my team, so 7th on the grid (normally start from the back for some reason) for the first two races and although, I finished 1st in both races, with my team winning the first and AI winning the second, those two RS200s were both snapping at my heals on both races the whole time.

My guess is they could have overtaken at any time in those races, but were trying not cause a collision, losing team points unnecessarily.

Third race I was placed between the two 'RS200s' on the start grid and the one in front tore off at GO and the one behind flew past me, so they were damn quick.

I eventually managed 3rd in that race, but we lost an 'RS200' somewhere along the line and lost that race and 'The Trial' overall.

Probably lost the 'RS200' due to the clown in a bright blue '#199 Subaru WRX', who was glitching and ramming anyone and everyone at any and every opportunity.

What is wrong with some players?

Obviously not a problem for me, but there was obviously at least two players who would have liked the win.

Tried again and team mate purposely rammed me out of a check point half way round first lap of first race.

When that happens, I love to do a faux rage quit and think to myself, enjoy the loss sucker! LOL

Edited by user Tuesday, May 19, 2020 9:39:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#103 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 9:47:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, he's a beast. But I still don't get it how it's possible with a keyboard. Maybe it's easier on a keyboard! :D

I was just trying to get my PS4 controller working on the PC, but didn't get it working well enough and can't be bothered to mess about any more.

So I thought I'd have a go with the keyboard to see what the Nomad is like, as it's completely undriveable with a wheel on dirt.

I don't think you can say it's "easier" with a keyboard, but you are effectively playing a different game, with different challenges. The problems that dominate with a wheel are completely absent when using a keyboard. But of course you have new problems that aren't there with a wheel.

For example, you're turning one way, and want to stop turning and go straight on. With a wheel, it's a major challenge, with a keyboard, you simply release the turning key, and the car nice and predictably and progressively returns to going straight. Or you're turning one way and want to turn the other way. With a wheel, the car just won't do it, the wheel is light, the car's wheels have no grip, and turning the wheel the other way has no effect on the car, until suddenly and unpredictably, it finds some grip and turns the other way. The place where this happens is not predictable, so the car's movements become essentially random. With a keyboard, you just press the other key, and the car nice and progressively and predictably turns the other way.

OTOH I wasn't able to trail brake with the keyboard, and was struggling with how to adapt when it wasn't turning how I wanted. I'm sure you'd get used to it with time, and develop techniques, but with 10 minutes of use, I wasn't able to make the car follow the line I wanted as accurately as with a wheel (on corners where the previous paragraph isn't happening), or control my speed as well as I can with pedals.

They should really add the control method to leaderboards and allow filtering, because as I said, it's effectively a completely different game with different physics, and IMO you simply can't compare performances with the different control methods. I'm not saying one is more skilled than the other if the same time is done, rather I'm saying that to ask that question doesn't even have any meaning, they're so different. It's like if you took the fastest GT Sport driver and the fastest FM7 driver and had them race against each other. If they race on GTS, the GTS player wins, if they race on FM7, the FM7 player wins. Which is the more skilled player? It's simply not a meaningful question.
#104 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 10:08:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
I see your 2406 and raise it to 7353! I don't use them, no need, I have all the cars and unlimited CR
|I heard THIS, when I read that! LOL

#105 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 10:56:05 AM(UTC)
The trial is brutal with a wheel! Thankfully my wheel and rig is heavy or it would have been through the TV CC is bad enough normally with the wheel, I’m ok till I lose it and it’s almost impossible to sort it quick enough to keep up with the AI!!! And why are people getting 200 Super Wheelspins?? I can’t get online hardly at all due to something in the last update so I can’t even get my usual amount of Forzathon points
#106 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 11:17:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Third Race.
-It's easy to collide with your team mates, avoid that at all cost because there are lot's of obstacles Drivatars can get past without much of speed loss due design of CC, but human players can't making up lost time is difficult here.
- Again brake early on tighter curves, there's short tarmac section by side of mountain, time right and you can do that with full speed on most good tunes I guess
- There's one relatively tight left corner leading to even tighter right corner bit like S. 3rd gear if you are relatively close to stock ratios.
- wide checkpoint going uphill jump near the end of race, take it close or cutting the right flag as left side puts you in the "pocket" not aligned with following checkpoint
- for final jump, keeping the car stable is important to land on water and get best acceleration right after landing

The third race is by far the most difficult, not helped by the heavy rain. I’d add the following tips:

- At the start, aim to stay to the right through the pinch point between the buildings. The surface to the left slows your car down for some reason and I often find a clear path emerges to enable swift progress. I’m not technically savvy enough to embed it here but there’s a clip on my feed showing the perfect start;

- The AI is quite slow over the grassy section with a gentle bend to the right and the leader often runs wide into a tree. Make sure you are either in the lead or within a second or so of the lead by the time you are straightening up for the jump past the church on your right. Otherwise, that section is where the AI can gain big time if it’s far enough ahead to phase through objects. If it isn’t, the leader will get slowed substantially by the various obstacles;

- There’s no real trick to getting through the tricky straight section with obstacles and water. Just be prepared to readjust your car very quickly on impact with the two water sections as it may swerve rapidly in either direction. Staying to the left on the second one allows you to stay on dry land for longer;

- For the final jump, you should be at the extreme left of the flag just before it. This enables you to miss the edge of the lake on your right which can otherwise throw your car offline. If you have carried enough speed, most of these cars will more or less clear the water on that line leaving an easy run to the finish.

You should be aiming for a time of around 2.00 to more or less guarantee a win but 2.05 may be sufficient (provided you can get close enough to the leader at the start to stop it phasing through obstacles). In the better cars 1.54/1.55 is doable with a good run.

Yep, left flag, I should had included that one but wasn't sure my memory served me right.

2.00 - 2.05 time bracket should be right, though on my SP test runs it looked like Drivatar finishing time window in CC is quite huge. I had one Mini Cooper finishing in 1:49 on Unbeatable. Then some cars at 1:54's and even 1:56's. Consistent with what little I have played CC but inconsistent with Dirt, Road and Street. (~6 secs / ~3 secs).

Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: betinhogvz Go to Quoted Post
HOONIGAN FORD RS200 EVOLUTION 1986:...... 109 921 049
This car and setup along with finally getting placed with some great players did the trick for me.

Well, being a glutton for punishment, I figured I'd give 'The Trial' (From Hell) another go despite finally completing it last Friday.
I use my de-tuned 'Hoonigan RS200' and two of my team were in the regular 'Ford RS200 Evolution'.

My guess is they were return players, trying to help others out as they were very good (not names I've seen on here tho').

I don't know if they were using the same tune as you mentioned, but boy, they were quick.

I started a lead car for my team, so 7th on the grid (normally start from the back for some reason) for the first two races and although, I finished 1st in both races, with my team winning the first and AI winning the second, those two RS200s were both snapping at my heals on both races the whole time.

My guess is they could have overtaken at any time in those races, but were trying not cause a collision, losing team points unnecessarily.

Third race I was placed between the two 'RS200s' on the start grid and the one in front tore off at GO and the one behind flew past me, so they were damn quick.

I eventually managed 3rd in that race, but we lost an 'RS200' somewhere along the line and lost that race and 'The Trial' overall.

Probably lost the 'RS200' due to the clown in a bright blue '#199 Subaru WRX', who was glitching and ramming anyone and everyone at any and every opportunity.

What is wrong with some players?

Obviously not a problem for me, but there was obviously at least two players who would have liked the win.

Tried again and team mate purposely rammed me out of a check point half way round first lap of first race.

Encountered couple of very good teams during this Trial, but also very good players with bad car choice. Recall someone with VW GRC Beetle taking solid 3rd positions in every race during one run, just amazing. I wasn't nearly that consistent but on first race, even with superior car!

I have usually had very good experience with teams on Trials and most of the time it doesn't matter if someone is ramming or something stupid as team can carry on and this sort of players aren't usually among fast crowd, though it's still annoying. On this sort of event though it can really easily ruin entire Trial. Low thing to do.

Reasons, I don't know, might take a shrink or something to tell I guess, but I hope you reported that player.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 20, 2020 1:15:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#107 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 2:17:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IMRAHILL Go to Quoted Post
And why are people getting 200 Super Wheelspins??

Some of us got them, then somehow lost them. I had 200 Super Wheelspins in my mail...checked it the next day, they were gone. So dunno but next time I'm cashing them in immediately. I mean, how many more hats, shoes, and emotes can I get? lol

I have been doing the Trial each night just cuz and have been having a decent time at it. It really depends so much on who you are with. A lot of little tricks like favoring this side of the track vs the other. The stupid granary in the Windmill race has claimed me more times than I will admit. lol. But if you have two or three strong racers, it is a world of difference. Obvious point I know, but it just sucks running a great race and seeing everyone else at the end. I haven't had too much of a problem with bad racers...actual bad people. But that cluster left turn at the beginning of the third race is a madhouse.

Ripperoo UK wrote:

This. This right here. It's not just about grabbing the best line and clawing that first place finish. Yeah my ego tells me to. But in a team event, I have no problem holding second or third just to secure points. Or to take over the lead if a turn is mismanaged. Or hold off an advancing AI. Or taking a turn wider than I wanted to because a teammate was coming up on the inside. Some of the "combativeness" isn't so much evil driving, just being overly competitive and losing sight of the goal. It is so gratifying running with a good group at the end as you navigate the track, punch through obstacles, and hold off opponents as one team.

If it weren't for time zones, we could all build one amazing team. Sad to say though in this group, I'd probably be guy in last. lol
#108 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 3:29:00 PM(UTC)
Like most everybody else, I've been having a rough go with the Trial. Combo of poor teammates, the AI having an entire upper torso instead of an upper hand, and just not having enough free time to do it. I may try tomorrow when I have the time, but for now I'm skipping the Trial and the PGG. Nothing of value is lost to me if I don't complete them. I did get all the other championships and whatnot done, though.

WEEKLY CHALLENGE:
  • Own and drive the 2013 MINI X-Raid All4 Racing Countryman
  • Earn 3 Kangaroo Skill combos in your MINI X-Raid
  • Earn an Ultimate Skill Chain in your MINI X-Raid

Tune Used: Beetlebum - 835 743 475

This was quite easy to get all in one go. Saw down on the championships list that the second one was A-Class Extreme Offroad with AWD. So I tuned my X-Raid All4 up for that, then went to the Quarry. You can go wherever you want (the Rail Yard would be good, too), but I picked the Quarry because the Cross Country Championship started there. It's also very easy to get the Kangaroo skill by hopping the side hills, and it's quite easy to combo all of that to an ultimate skill chain.
  • Win 4 Cross Country Series events in your MINI X-Raid

This one was kind of simple: do the championship and then do another Cross Country race. For my fourth, I did the one at the Quarry again because somebody forgot to build a track.

SEASONAL EVENTS:
  • PR Stunt: Open-Cast Cliff Danger Sign | 984.3 feet

Car Used: Ford Racing Puma
Tune: Cloud Over Dover - 115 787 021

I... actually didn't intend to use the Puma for this. I had just won it, threw on an engine swap and all the parts, racing tires, and hadn't even tuned it. I absentmindedly went for the Danger Sign, lined up and went for it. Got 1,000+ feet on the first try. Not wanting to share a 'non-tuned' tune, I made a quick race tune (instead of a rally tune like a smart person) and did it again. I got 1,000+ feet again easily. As a quick aside, I went with a naming theme for my new tunes this week: they're all Blur songs. There's no rhyme or reason to it. It started with the X-Raid becoming Beetlebum and went downhill from there.

• PR Stunt: High Street Speed Trap | 228.0 mph

Car Used: Koenigsegg CCGT
Tune: Zoner - 160 891 674

This one isn't too hard if traffic plays nice: come in from the west, floor it, and you've got it easy.

• PR Stunt: Hillside Speed Zone | 86.0 mph

Car Used: Jeep Trailcat
Tune: Flatout - 130 018 811

I was expecting this one to be harder for me. But I did have sense to take it going downhill so I had more speed at the start.

• Championship: "Too Hot Hatch to Handle" | Dirt Racing | (C600) Retro Hot Hatch, 1990s

Car Used: 1997 Honda Civic R
Tune: Yuko and Hiro - 487 843 466

This one beat me up for a while. Working with the C-Class and the 1990's restrictions made it fun to figure out what to use. After trying a couple others (and trying to avoid a Volkswagen out of vanity because I already had used the name Beetlebum), I finally got a Civic to do what I wanted.
  • Championship: "AWD All Day" | Cross Country | (A800) Extreme Offroad, AWD

Car Used: Mini Cooper X-Raid ALL4
Tune: Beetlebum - 835 743 475

I am sure there are other cars in the class with better tunes that could win this Championship easier, but I already had to tune the X-Raid. So why not make it multi-purpose? Was able to win all three races, but they were close races.
  • Championship: "Cool Cats" | Road Racing | (A800) Manufacturer: Jaguar

Car Used: Jaguar F-Pace S
Tune: Caravan - 542 481 600

I had so many Jags to pick from, but the F-Pace wagon called to me. Couldn't get race tires on it, but it still grips good enough and has the power to leave the competition behind.

On a final note, I do want to mention something in re: something Ripperoo UK mentioned:

Originally Posted by: "Ripperoo UK" Go to Quoted Post

In one of my race attempts in the Trial, I had somebody on my team who just loved the rear end of my badly tuned Audi for some reason or another. I stopped to let them by me... but, nope! They rear-ended me again and pretty much refused to go forward without me as their hood ornament. I think that's the first time I've rage-quit on a trial due to my teammates...

I also understand this:
Originally Posted by: "Ripperoo UK" Go to Quoted Post

It's quite rare for me to see an entire team actually be courteous to their teammates. I'm sure I flummox some players when I try to be courteous and not force my way past them if I don't think I can do better. But these are rants for other places. Maybe if I have time tomorrow, I'll try the Trial once more.
#109 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 3:35:35 PM(UTC)
I should be on tomorrow Gator so feel free to message me if you want to convoy. I am sure we can persuade a couple of others to join.
 1 user liked this post.
#110 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 5:14:14 PM(UTC)
I'm on every night after 10PM EST. I try to keep running the Trials even after I've completed them just to get better but also to help out anyone still struggling with them. I'll be on in an hour if you want to team up.

And personally, I would love to be in a convoy with Gator and Jezza. I'm UDT-5 because obviously that makes a difference. Not sure what you are running, but try the Hoonigan RS200 tune, either mine or any the others have posted. I've run four cars so far and the Hoon was easily the best.

Also have a Lotus 2-Eleven tune for the PPG that worked great.
#111 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 8:15:51 PM(UTC)
same ingoing. i need help bad with this trail.
#112 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 11:31:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dogwitch Go to Quoted Post
same ingoing. i need help bad with this trial.

No worries. Hit me up tomorrow night.

I was on earlier tonight, ran some times. I can get about 58 seconds a lap on the circuit. And just about 2min plus or minus on the Windmill and Ambleside. Tonight was a bit rough. Had one good team, ok, one good driver, lol. Was able to squeak one complete win. The other games were a combination of rough drivers and wicked AI. Had an upside down Drivatar blocking up a lane. Got bounced into the church in Ambleside. Etc etc. Couldn't put two wins together. Oddly enough, had individual wins on each track, just couldn't put them together except the once.

Yeah I think this one is even more difficult than the Bunny Buggy one.

#113 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 12:37:38 PM(UTC)
Just to say I’m now online for the next hour or so if anyone does still want to get the trial done.
 1 user liked this post.
#114 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2020 6:55:02 PM(UTC)
Heading on now. Will be online for a few hours. Doing the Trial a few times to set my groove then working on designs. If you want to team up for a Trial, I'm available.

Not sure how the message thing in game works, might need to message through Xbox itself. Whichever.
#115 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:03:55 AM(UTC)
worthless now sadly. getting disconnected now on second trail event.....
#116 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:57:06 PM(UTC)
Sorry I couldn't help. I ran it four times last night. Well five, but I got disco'd after turning in a 57 sec run in the first race. Like seriously? lol

Lost the first two, but won the second two. Had some abysmal experiences, lol...one AI came across and literally pushed three of us out of a gate. That was impressive. lol. Ran a 2:01 in the third race and finished 5th. Like, wow. Had some combative teammates including a few who can't take a tight turn without ramming you into a corner.

But then finished it with two other good drivers and we carried the rest. So hopefully some of those people needed the event.
#117 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 1:14:14 AM(UTC)
Edit: Posted in wrong thread. Disregard this post.

Edited by user Friday, May 22, 2020 4:39:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 Pages<<345Prev

Notification

Icon
Error