3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 2:55:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ReportedPeak2 Go to Quoted Post
@Jezza14, I was driving my favorite of the vintage cars, the Auto Union. All of those vintage cars are RWD, with tires that are so narrow they can't absorb the HP. I managed to scramble up to a 4th place but it was a slow-motion train wreck all the way. I'm going to spend some time in rivals there and get the rhythm of the course, and have another whack at it.

If you don't put an AWD tune on it then I imagine it will be hard, yes. What difficulty are you playing on btw? If unbeatable and with RWD then most people would struggle with that (I haven't tried it but I imagine it's a chore).
#52 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 10:23:34 PM(UTC)
another broken trail....
adv rank still broken.
got all the champ done.
the weekly gt thing being a bit buggy for me.
and boy howdy the weekly online is infested with cheater like always.

now on street try to use stock cars with no mods and see if the ai will do the same. it has for me some times and it easier to win it.
#53 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 12:46:37 AM(UTC)
Used stock Mercedes / Unbeatable, thought it was very fun but I can see it throws different kind of challenge to players to what there usually is.

It's much about using car momentum, knowing right speed, not going too fast or too slow, knowing when to brake to get optimal lines in corners and of course being careful with throttle.

I can understand that not everyone likes this circuit, but IMO it's one of the few routes that really pushes players to get better with understanding what they drive to get faster with it.

It really is a pity that we don't have longer circuit race at Ambleside, that would use Ambleside Village Circuit as part of it.

#54 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 2:16:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post

Two of the courses - Mortimers Pass and Glenfinnan are, in my view, two of the toughest Street scene races. Both share similar characteristics with open corners which are difficult to judge for speed often with breakable walls on the inside. For anyone who hasn’t raced it often, there is a bridge at Glenfinnan at about 85% where it is easy to miss the turn and land in the ditch. However, if you can get that right, the drivatars slow down significantly more than necessary there, so you can make up big time.

For Glenfinnan, yes, that's often deciding turn vs Unbeatable. On Mortimer's Pass, it helps a lot if player is at top 3 once route turns east with jumps and bends. Player can catch up Drivatars on that section section with good racing line and good throttle control but finding way to pass on S1+ is another matter. Deciding corner on that section is again right turn over bridge at about where final 3rd segment of race begins, it's however important to keep good speed on last turn to the right towards finish as Drivatars are able to keep good speed through that turn.

Did this champ with stock Lambo Gallardo and I actually recommend AWD for players who just want to get event done to focus more on Trial or what else interesting there is.

Stock Mercedes for Vintage championship can beat Unbeatable on every route and racing Ambleside Ascent with it is likely to contribute a towards improving car handling skills. Really great to have Vintage Races events.

Edited by user Sunday, May 3, 2020 3:27:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 5:17:23 AM(UTC)
See if it helps you do the challenges
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events Spring: Percents,Tunes and Rewards - Until 07/05/20 - SERIES21
For players who need help: Percents,Tunes and Rewards:
50% Spring: KTM X-BOW GT4 2018
80% Spring: FERRARI 599XX EVOLUTION 2012
50% Series 21: HUMMER H1 ALPHA 2006
80% Series 21: MCLAREN F1 1993

Photo / Picture: Percents,Tunes and Rewards

https://i.imgur.com/FhPhnLs.jpg

Photo / Picture: Rewards
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events - Rewards - Until 07/05/20 ** SERIES 21 ** Spring Season

https://i.imgur.com/99oCGfA.jpg

Forzathon Weekly Challenge: Chapter 4
Earn 3 stars at the Princes Street Speed Trap in Edinburgh with your Super GT car
- You have to hit the trap coming from the west, from the roundabout and at the beginning go through the metro track that is on the right
- The speed you must be after the turn until the Speed Trap has to be above 318 km / h

Share Codes: Pause Menu, Event Activations, or Creative Hub. You can use this code to get to a specific Event Blueprint quickly, and easily.
Share Code: Garage -> Designs & Paints -> Find New Designs -> Search
Share Code: Garage -> Upgrades & Tunes -> Find -> Search

Forzathon Weekly: SUPER GT
Code Tune FERRARI F12 BERLINETTA 2012:..... 103 347 633

The Trial Co-Op: Team Lotus
Code Tune LOTUS EXIGE S 2012:..... 880 431 947

Playground Games: Spring
Code Tune LANCIA 037 STRADALE 1982:..... 870 593 871

Danger Sign: Northbound
Code Tune PORSCHE SPYDER 918 2014:..... 144 611 806

Speed Trap: Slate Quarry

Speed Zone: Nether End

Championship: Highly Sprung
Code Tune FORD FIESTA ST 2014:..... 180 259 257

Championship: Ferrari Rocher
Code Tune LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO LP 570-4 SUPERLEGGERA 2011:..... 873 607 124

Championship: Old Habits Die Hard
Code Tune BUGATTI TYPE 35C 1926:..... 173 520 134

PS.: Also available on Twitter or https://imgur.com/user/betinhogvz/posts

I hope this helps you to do the challenges

Edited by user Sunday, May 3, 2020 5:24:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#56 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 9:22:25 AM(UTC)
Hurrah!! Finally, The Trial is done!

The Trial - Lotus Elise 111S Tune: 680 103 384. As I have said, before I don't have the patience for tuning. That being said, I feel this is a fine set up on the car. Gets out quick, handles well, and chases down the lead cars easily (on the first two tracks). During Goliath, it seems the other cars are faster than before, but it still is able to catch up to the front two. I have placed second a few times. Tonight, I was able to get in first right as we entered Edinburgh and held it from there. Still might do an Elan but I wanted, I needed to get this done with the Elise. And for some reason, I never see it being used. Evoras, Exiges, Espirits, and even 340Rs...the AI will use the older Elise, but not the 2005.

Playground games - Peugeot 205 T16. Not the best set up but def has potential. Got the job done. Might rework it and see how it does.

Ferrari Rocher - Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera. Tuned to S1 864. I got it through auction and never used it til now. Very easy to drive, fast and pretty grippy. Only had to rewind once because an AI shot off the road unexpectedly and I crashed into a house...lol.

Old Habits - Bugatti Type 35C Tune: 263 353 878. If I were to redo this, I would put stickier tires on and trim off some of the high end, but I wanted to run it with the Vintage race tires. That being said, it just pulled away from everything. You have to anticipate your braking a bit, I found myself braking before I normally would, then coasting it through the turns. But with the long straights, it just owned. Even the last race with all close and tight turns, it powered through just fine.

Highly Sprung - VW Golf R32. Just tweaked it with sport tires and through a race cam on it. Was the only option I had that was AWD already. I made it more street than it needed to be. It has far more top end than it needs, and I would rally it up a bit if I wanted to change it. However, being calm in the beginning, I could creep up on the leaders even though it didn't stick as well, the AWD and wider tires held it through. But those long straights and sweeping turns....it just tore away. Then I thought Mudkicker's would kill me. Nope, was ahead by enough that even flipping it and getting reset, I still took the win easily. I'm going to Rally it up a bit and see how that flies and then post both tunes if people are interested in comparing them.

PR Stunts - Maserati Tipo 61 Tune: 128 649 338 Ok, so it's loose as all get out. But it's light and it's fast. I'm going to try to rework it a bit to get it more stable. So far only done the Trap and the Danger Sign. The trap was easy, but the trick in the danger sign is not to back up too far. If you time it right, you catch air before the crossing road and land on the downslope to accelerate through the jump. I haven't done the Zone yet. This one is tough for me. My PB is 82.3 so yeah, this one might take a bit and I can't remember which car I did it with.
#57 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 3:02:48 PM(UTC)
Really liked this Trial.

These comes quite late, but better late than never. two tunes, very different kind.

'02 Lotus Esprit V8. Tune code: 759 587 465

Took it on Trial 6 times. 16 wins, there were two races where I messed up so badly I couldn't recover even with that tune. It has handling to first two routes and top speed for the Goliath, which it does for about 10:46 with clean race.

I had really good time with some random racers with my Lotus Elise 111S even it really didn't had top speed for Goliath, so Esprit is inspired by listening to good tunes, having fun and enjoying the Trial and make that experience available for everyone.

Second one is what I got stuck with after my Elise build, '58 Lotus Eleven, yeah the prize car. I guess most folks here has it already and for those who have it now and wonder what to do with it.

This tune is not for everyone. It has few things going on though.
- From hood view it has enormous sense of speed, as car is so low
- It breaks the racing/braking line, it's often much faster to take turns inside suggested line, I don't know why it's like that.
- Differential lock are set to really low, yet it feels like turning angle is still limited by lock. While I thought car could handle more aggressive camber setting to compensate, I didn't started to experiment with it as car/tune was winner material already, just something quite original to drive. I suspect lock might be related to history, '58 might have been the model where front wheels steering angle was limited due skirts.

Did 10 Trials with 21 wins, so it's fast enough, just weird. It does Goliath at ~10:58 +/- 3 seconds, easily fast enough to beat Drivatars. Tune code: 575 710 742

Sort of challenge for those who like tuning and want downloads. How fast that thing would be with upgraded stock engine without front aero and/or stock tyres? My built has 1.8 lateral G's which feels is wasted potential. Wasted PI on front aero is intentional, wanted something perhaps not that experienced player to have could keep on the road somehow, but what might be the true potential of this car?

Edited by user Sunday, May 3, 2020 3:06:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#58 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 3:14:02 PM(UTC)
I tried a couple dozen passes over an hour last night, and finally got the Princess St. speed trap in the Mercedes AMG GT R. There's no real advice I can offer, except that, if you're on a pretty decent run, with the exception of some breakable terrain, posts, bins, fences, stuff like that, keep in mind that they don't respawn right away when you rewind. So you can eventually clear out a nice path for yourself and keep your speed up.
#59 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 3:25:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
Is it me or Lotus 340R is road equivalent of Can-Am Maverick?

Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
Not sure but i just was in a Trial and a player somehow came in with an X class car.

The lead AI took off and by the 1/3 mark was so far in front that it would be impossible to catch.

There was no way the lead AI had that much power for an A class car.

It was like it based it's power on the X class car.

I was in 2nd and the car i used (the Lotus Elan) has won comfortably every race bar 1 so far in Trials i have competed in.

Very, very suspect.

For me the fastest cars on Goliath almost always were Lotus 340R's. Then, I didn't encounter a Drivatar that wouldn't top at about 165 - 167 mp/h. Also, finishing at about 11 minutes would be finishing way ahead of Drivatars, not on minimap for sure and if I finished at about 10:46 only one Drivatar finished before race timer run out.

Could be used to pinpoint if there's some sort of speed threshold Drivatars can't pass at A800.

I have experienced players with S1 900 cars appearing in B700 races couple of times. In those races it didn't had any influence in Drivatar performance I could tell, but Goliath is different. Combination where there's X-class car and Drivatars get beyond players visual bubble might trigger something.

Drivatar dynamics isn't decided solely by player car PI, at least tests I run for B700 Dirt, Drivatars adapted to different tunes, despite all tunes being B700. One way to test if there's some sort of performance estimation that isn't visible to players via GUI could be building a speed built for this Trial, something a very good player could keep on the road and see what happens with Drivatars on Goliath.

Originally Posted by: WangKeRui Go to Quoted Post

A.I. behavior this week - solo, testing/trying for trial, blueprinted tracks (same conditions), unbeatable, the A.I. seem slower than online, but for Goliath where they seem the same apart from two things, in solo, no matter how fast they were when passed, as soon as passed they never left rear view distance the other issue is to do with in the trial. Online in trial, Goliath very quick, and pull away when you catch them, only braking/slowing on 'red' corners, never on yellow (colours are my POV, assume much the same for others)

Previously mentioned Lotus 340 R was worst offender what I saw, those looked at times like they had infinitive grip and most perfect differential settings. Very difficult to beat on Northern section of Goliath.
#60 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 3:47:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Really liked this Trial.

These comes quite late, but better late than never. two tunes, very different kind.

'02 Lotus Esprit V8. Tune code: 759 587 465

Took it on Trial 6 times. 16 wins, there were two races where I messed up so badly I couldn't recover even with that tune. It has handling to first two routes and top speed for the Goliath, which it does for about 10:46 with clean race.

I had really good time with some random racers with my Lotus Elise 111S even it really didn't had top speed for Goliath, so Esprit is inspired by listening to good tunes, having fun and enjoying the Trial and make that experience available for everyone.

Second one is what I got stuck with after my Elise build, '58 Lotus Eleven, yeah the prize car. I guess most folks here has it already and for those who have it now and wonder what to do with it.

This tune is not for everyone. It has few things going on though.
- From hood view it has enormous sense of speed, as car is so low
- It breaks the racing/braking line, it's often much faster to take turns inside suggested line, I don't know why it's like that.
- Differential lock are set to really low, yet it feels like turning angle is still limited by lock. While I thought car could handle more aggressive camber setting to compensate, I didn't started to experiment with it as car/tune was winner material already, just something quite original to drive. I suspect lock might be related to history, '58 might have been the model where front wheels steering angle was limited due skirts.

Did 10 Trials with 21 wins, so it's fast enough, just weird. It does Goliath at ~10:58 +/- 3 seconds, easily fast enough to beat Drivatars. Tune code: 575 710 742

Sort of challenge for those who like tuning and want downloads. How fast that thing would be with upgraded stock engine without front aero and/or stock tyres? My built has 1.8 lateral G's which feels is wasted potential. Wasted PI on front aero is intentional, wanted something perhaps not that experienced player to have could keep on the road somehow, but what might be the true potential of this car?

Maybe check out the Rivals thread CS. Rayne has shared a RWD Esprit which he has run 10.07 for Goliath. Both Breeminator and Ziperr have shared Eleven tunes which are very competitive. Think Bree has done about 10.20 for Goliath using his.
#61 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 3:55:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
I tried a couple dozen passes over an hour last night, and finally got the Princess St. speed trap in the Mercedes AMG GT R. There's no real advice I can offer, except that, if you're on a pretty decent run, with the exception of some breakable terrain, posts, bins, fences, stuff like that, keep in mind that they don't respawn right away when you rewind. So you can eventually clear out a nice path for yourself and keep your speed up.

I always forget that some players use rewind.
#62 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 6:16:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post

I always forget that some players use rewind.

Emergencies only. Mostly missed checkpoints. But for challenges like this, it comes in quite handy.
#63 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 6:46:38 PM(UTC)
Hoo boy... was this a week... I was getting my rear end kicked so bad by the Weekly Challenge I thought I wasn't going to beat that last part. But anyway, it's finished and here's my results for it all:

Weekly Challenge:
  • Own and drive any Super GT car
  • Earn 10 Pass Skills with your Super GT car

Car Used: Ferrari Berlinetta F12
Tune: betinhogvz's tune - 103 347 633

Truth be told, I was using my own tune at this point, which was just maxed out parts and no real tune yet. But it isn't what I finished with, and I accidentally deleted my tune. Anyway, I got the passes by running the Juggernaut a couple times. Probably could have done a shorter drag strip, but I wasn't thinking that far ahead. I was dreading the end of the list.

• Bank a total of 9 stars from Drift Zones in your Super GT car

I am not the best at drifiting, but I have 3 starred a couple zones before. The Horizon Doughnut is one of the. It's just south of the Festival Site and it's easy to get right back to it. Just drift through, cut back around, and repeat until you get it done.

• Earn 3 stars at the Princes Street Speed Trap in Edinburgh with your Super GT car

This just about drove me insane. No matter what Super GT car I tuned, I could NOT build it fast enough. My lost Berlinetta tune was within 5 mph with a good run, but between me not being good with tuning aero and the AI outright hating me (trams, traffic, and Drivatars all conspiring against me, I tell ya)... I was about to give up.

Then betinhogvz posted his tune. Gave it a try, did a bit of metric to imperial conversion, and saw the flaw in my own tune: there was on way on this planet it was going to get to 197.5 mph before the last curve. Betinhogvz's tune, however... I was able to sling it through the corner at 201 mph, narrowly avoid the line of traffic in the left lane and JUST hit the 3-star mark.

SEASONAL EVENTS
  • The Trial Co-Op Championship: "Team Lotus" | Road Racing | (A800) Lotus cars

Car Used (try 1 and 2): Lotus Evora
Car Used (try 3): Lotus Eleven

Tune (Evora): E for Effort - 150 084 061
Tune (Eleven): Rocket(W) - 406 204 142

This one needs an explanation. I normally don't post tunes that don't win, but I feel that my Evora tune was still good. The issue was I had poor teammates the first go and I drove too hard and missed checkpoints on the second go. But it felt like a good solid car, but I was starting to go mad and called it a day. After trying the Evora on Friday, I started playing on Saturday and said "Let's get a little crazy" and threw in my Winter-tuned Eleven into the mix. I did try to re-tune it for spring/summer, but to change the tires away from dirt/snow tires and keep it A class throws the engine off too much. So I was left with a compromise of power and speed, but a little slick in the corners. Lucky me I had a competent team and we won the first two. I almost came in first in the Goliath, but I slid a little too wide in the last couple corners and a Drivatar Evora beat me.

• Seasonal Playground Games: Mudkickers' | (B700) Retro Rally

Car to be Used: Subaru Legacy RS
Tune: Midpack - 113 250 494

This was a tune I made for a Retro Rally race list a while back. It was good, but not great. Seeing that we're in Mudkickers for this one, I do believe that this Legacy will do its thing well. I'll get back to you on how well it actually was, but I'm kind of worn out from the Weekly Challenge.

I finally got around to trying this setup, I do NOT recommend it. It's somewhat anemic and struggles on hills. The only reason I was able to win with it is even though my team lost the first round, the other team started lagging out and disconnecting. This allowed us to come back to win the next three events.

• PR Stunt: Northbound Danger Sign | 738.2 feet

Car Used: Shelby Monaco King Cobra
Tune: Stunt Snake - 659 809 395

I passionately dislike this sign. It is difficult to line up just right. And comically enough my best distance on it before this week's challenge was using the Cadillac Limo.

• PR Stunt: Slate Quarry Speed Trap | 142.0 mph

Car Used: Koenigsegg CCGT
Tune: Zoner - 160 891 674

I actually had forgotten this was actually in the upper lip of the quarry, but I gave it a try with my road spec CCGT. Got it pretty easily with enough run-up.
  • PR Stunt: Nether End Speed Zone | 82.0 mph

Car Used: Jeep Trailcat
Tune: Flatout - 130 018 811

This was a fun little twisty ditty. Luckily, it seemed to be a bit forgiving on how far on the shoulders you could drive. I came at it off-road from the west/southwest side at an angle to cut the first corner just a touch.

• Championship: "Highly Sprung" | Dirt Racing | (B700) Hot Hatch

Car Used: 2007 Honda Civic Type-R
Tune: A for Audible - 102 720 385

You'll see a theme for the championship tune names this week. This one came about because I originally was going to try a Fiesta, but didn't like the tune (actually, I forgot to tune it I discovered later). So I tried a FWD Civic Type-R. Didn't like that one either, so I threw on AWD and tuned it better. That is the car that stuck. A little slow off the line, but it catches up easy. Funny little thing happened during the finale race at Mudkickers: was driving aggressively trying to catch 1st place after a bad first lap. Drove way too hard over the jumps and managed to do a front flip/roll off the second one. After a moment, the game decided that counted as an 'Awesome J-Turn' for some reason.

• Championship: "Ferrari Rocher" | Street Scene | (S1 900) Modern Supercars & Country: Italy

Car Used: Lamborghini Reventón
Tune: B for Bull - 119 766 081

After hemming and hawing on whether to go Horse or Bull for this one, I went with the Lambo. Was able to get it built up well enough to catch up and take the corners. I did redo the first race a few times, because I figured I was just getting bad traffic AI. Surprisingly, that was the issue. Also, it was satisfying seeing a 1st place Drivatar Reventón hop the humpback bridge and smack into traffic and give me the lead and eventually the win.

• Championship: "Old Habits Die Hard" | Road Racing | (B700) Vintage Racers

Car Used: Bugatti Type 35C
Tune: C for Cornering - 528 564 980

I had another puzzler on this one. Use a Auto Union or Napier that had all the speed but no cornering (or brakes!), or go for the Type C which had adequate speed but can corner without dropping down in the single digits. Naturally, I chose cornering. While you will lose any battles on the straights (Hello Broadway, my old friend...), you can fend anything off in a corner.... unless a Napier decides to do its impersonation of a torpedo on you, of course. Even with the issues with straightaways, I was able to win handily with this car.

Once again, thanks to betinhogvz for the Berlinetta tune. If not for that, I would have lost my mind this week.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 5, 2020 6:22:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#64 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 12:13:33 AM(UTC)
Just a quick remark on Highly Sprung, remembering the trial few weeks ago (B 700 retro rally) and somebody saying its fun to see cars slide around on stock tires ...
Well I did this a few times as co-op and PvP and it really is, only this time it actually does a big of a difference in times too.
My lil Abarth takes a bit to get to speed (running rally tires), but when first few corners happen, I'm well past those slidey cars and even with longer straights, I could pull 5 or more seconds lead. Mudkickers being especially so, with 5 sec a lap difference - fun times :)

Anyway, have fun everyone and stay safe.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#65 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 12:50:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
Hurrah!! Finally, The Trial is done! The WEEK is done

The Trial - Lotus Elise 111S Tune: 680 103 384. Gets out quick, handles well, and chases down the lead cars easily (on the first two tracks in particular).

Playground games - Peugeot 205 T16.

Ferrari Rocher - Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera. Tuned to S1 864. Very easy to drive, fast and pretty grippy.

Old Habits - Bugatti Type 35C Tune: 263 353 878. AWD with vintage race tires. It just pulls away from everything but you have to anticipate your braking a bit

Highly Sprung - VW Golf R32. Just tweaked it with sport tires and through a race cam on it. Was the only option I had that was AWD already. It has far more top end than it needs, and I would rally it up a bit if I wanted to change it.

PR Stunts - Maserati Tipo 61 Tune: 128 649 338 Ok, so it's loose as all get out. But it's light and it's fast.

PR Stunt Speed Zone Ford RS200 Evolution. This was a recommendation by someone earlier and it helped me do the last of the speed zones. No exception here. I finally got the first turn right, came out with speed, and beat my best by over 4 mph. So yay.

Weekly Challenge I try to use what I have when I can. So I used an Aston Martin Superleggera for the first three challenges. Not a problem, though as an AWD, it didn't drift the best...but then again, neither do I. I tried, I tried to tune it up enough to take Princes Street speed trap but on my best run, I was still 10mph under. I saw peoples' recommendations but I had none of those. But what I did have was a Ferrari 599GTO. So...1291HP and 855ft-lbs later and...

Princes Street Speed Trap Final weekly challenge for Super GT. 2010 Ferrari 599 GTO Tune: 748 199 600 My original set up was just for top speed but it took too long getting there, and recovery from obstacles was too much of an issue. So I geared everything lower. Lost top speed, but I didn't need 265...I needed to reach 230 with gusto. I was well on my way with my best run of the night when literally both trams and a car were all side by side. It was like a cruel joke. I finally decided to start before the roundabout, get some speed, cut through the middle and enter town already with a head of steam. One smooth run later, I crossed at 233mph. It's a tough challenge.

#66 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 1:34:07 AM(UTC)
If anyone is still having trouble with the Old Habits event, I made up a Bugatti that kills it. So far it has all 1st place finishes with one 4th because I missed a gate and had to reset twice to get it.

Old Habits - Bugatti Type 35C Tune: 263 353 878. It has vintage tires on it, so it's not as sticky as it could be, but it pulls away from everything. You have to anticipate your braking a bit, I found myself braking before I normally would, then coasting it through the turns. But with the long straights on the first two races, it just owned. Even the last race with all close and tight turns, it powered through just fine. It got ahead before halfway through the first lap and after extending the lead, I got to lay back and practice feathering the throttle and taking turns leisurely and smoothly and getting a good feel for it.

I'll make a version with better tires and run that to see how much better/worse it is. I'll post that tune as well if it's considerable. Good luck.

Edit: sorry, I thought I was putting this in a thread specifically about Old Habits...

Edited by user Monday, May 4, 2020 8:35:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#67 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 5:50:35 PM(UTC)
For the Trial I used the Lotus Elan - I got a Tune up for it. Its a Rocket off the line and holds pretty good in the top three. Just look under Nutbarz. I think I uploaded the same one twice.
#68 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 4:59:50 PM(UTC)
still trying for the trail. ai just glitching so bad.
the weekly online game is a complete broken thing atm no touch flag etc. timer alter

i truly dont like how broken online has become.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 19, 2020 8:45:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#69 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2020 12:39:06 AM(UTC)
tried 7 times each day for the trail. ai bugs out..
thank for the constant broken trails!!!!!!!!
weekly.... love the instant wins.... on the other team that am not on!
so again thanks for the stunning broken online parts that just seem to get worst!!!!!
so i now have over 220 losses in the weekly pgg compare to the stunning 60 wins.
with this trail i played over 200 trail matches with over 100 losses. with the broken trails!!!!!!

am not even the worst player on any team i play.

and yes i am venting.
game used to be fun. but its been getting more broken and buggy now ...

#70 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2020 6:45:06 AM(UTC)
Thanks for all the tips. Especially the Lotus Elan. Usually came in 1st or 2nd expect when for some reason would be hit into a tree with no one next to me (now marked as a favorite). Although I haven't done a ton of them, this was by far the toughest to hit that 80% mark to get the 599 Evo and squeeked it out last night. Didn't have the recommended rare cars for the Princes Street speedtrap (and couldn't find them in the auction). I went with the Ferrari Berlinetta F12 and it took forever. A little tuning, switching to manual (not sure why I didn't try that earlier since I drive manual in FM7) and a bunch of rewinds finally got me to 230.74 mph. Hate the playground games (I just don't find it fun and takes forever). Luckily only took me a few tries after half the other team dropped out. Now time to play with my 599XX Evo.
 1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2020 8:13:26 AM(UTC)
This might already be a thing, as I'm new here, but I'd be up for being part of a group that helps do the challenges together. The group ones, anyway.

I am not a solid top tier performer, but I am middle-of-the-pack and higher. Some of the Trials have been combative, and the Playground is hit or miss depending on who else is playing. But if we had a group here that could act as a pool of players to help along those having issues (myself included), it could make some of the events a lot less frustrating. Just saying.

Maybe this should be its own thread...and my apologies if it already is
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error