3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 8:52:42 PM(UTC)
atm the weekly is infested with invisible players......... i already got message from my team on 2 seperate games. if it was just them or not. it was not........ i hate weekly
#52 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 4:55:16 PM(UTC)
Hi,

Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Did some tests myself yesterday and will post notes for comparison later so stay tuned. But I'm inclined to consider that Trial Unbeatable, for this event at least is about Pro level compared to single player.

And check Ambleside Scramble B-class leaderboards top 100. That's your tune and I think it can do even a bit better ;-)

I am also of the feeling that the trail feels more like Pro level on single player most of the time, of course how teammates behave, and how the servers are dealing with traffic can easily turn the trial back to something akin to 'unbeatable'.

Rival time, don't know what to say about that, impressed with myself for the tune (made to really only do one thing, beat the trial, not rivals), impressed with your driving (certainly), both?! Your lap time is a full 2 seconds faster than my quickest lap on that track! I just can not master that one corner (left uphill hook), I guess I am losing at least a 1/2 a second or more there alone. What I find really impressive/interesting is that that is the only Reno 5 in the top 100, and the next Reno 5 is just beyond 200 (there is a FE in the 100-200 range, but I consider these s different cars). So congratulations on getting a very non-meta car so far up the list!

In single player there's possible issue with using other than time from Drivatar finishing second (assumedly behind player) or Drivatars finishing ahead of player. It can also happen at least on circuit type races with Drivatar finishing 2nd behind player, that final lap time and overall finish time doesn't match actual Drivatar performance.

Ah, yeah I understand, that explains a lot. Do note, while the lap times I gave for the A.I. were not the leading A.I., they were not far down in position, however point noted for future reference

Originally Posted by: WangKeRui Go to Quoted Post
N.B. lap times on expert and unbeatable are not those of the actually leading A.I. car.

Expert:
0.48.792 / 2.31.595
Pro:
0.47.157 / 2.27.624
Unbeatable:
0.45.456 / 2.20.843

Cheers
#53 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 2:41:22 AM(UTC)
The above posts reminded me that I’d meant to try WangKeRui’s Renault 5 tune for Ambleside rivals, as I’d enjoyed it so much in the trial, so there are now 2 Renault 5s in the top 100 :-). Can’t compete with the Manx’s which dominate that leaderboard but not too many other cars which are quicker. Great tuning WKR!
#54 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 4:32:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WangKeRui Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Did some tests myself yesterday and will post notes for comparison later so stay tuned. But I'm inclined to consider that Trial Unbeatable, for this event at least is about Pro level compared to single player.

And check Ambleside Scramble B-class leaderboards top 100. That's your tune and I think it can do even a bit better ;-)

I am also of the feeling that the trail feels more like Pro level on single player most of the time, of course how teammates behave, and how the servers are dealing with traffic can easily turn the trial back to something akin to 'unbeatable'.

Rival time, don't know what to say about that, impressed with myself for the tune (made to really only do one thing, beat the trial, not rivals), impressed with your driving (certainly), both?! Your lap time is a full 2 seconds faster than my quickest lap on that track! I just can not master that one corner (left uphill hook), I guess I am losing at least a 1/2 a second or more there alone. What I find really impressive/interesting is that that is the only Reno 5 in the top 100, and the next Reno 5 is just beyond 200 (there is a FE in the 100-200 range, but I consider these s different cars). So congratulations on getting a very non-meta car so far up the list!

Well, like Jezza pointed out, there was even more performance there. ;-)

It's a safe tune, for Trial purposes even beginner can win Drivatars with it on every race and there's no need to push it that hard to get there, being easy to access that performance can be very good, not only for player but for team mates too.

For players with some experience with game, you can still do fun things with it, help corners with clutch kick, experiment different corner types by finding limits of grip and easily recover if something goes awry, so it isn't boring.

Enabling that kind of things contributes towards good Horizon experiences. For me, it inspired me to create my glider build and turned Trial event that I originally felt boring and uninspiring something quite fun. I do most rivals to check up against Drivatar times on stock/Unbeatable scenarios, and then some D 100, think many players might fare better in game if they did some Rivals with D 100... but I digress. Quantity doesn't help new players, especially if they can't easily tell between good/bad tune. Quality does help, was glad to show up your Renault a bit :-)

Three weeks ago DrunkenGator came up with Corrado built for Street Scene Trial that was actually very solid for safe side and something I hope he saves comes up again with, if/when there are Road / Street events in rain. You could reserve your Renault built and come up with something else for next event in the same category, tune for Peugeot 205 T16 or something. Only thing I after all came to regret on this Trial, is that I didn't come to try building and tuning that one.

Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
The above posts reminded me that I’d meant to try WangKeRui’s Renault 5 tune for Ambleside rivals, as I’d enjoyed it so much in the trial, so there are now 2 Renault 5s in the top 100 :-). Can’t compete with the Manx’s which dominate that leaderboard but not too many other cars which are quicker. Great tuning WKR!

More the merrier. With work like that, time to get to be know :-)
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error