This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages<<345Prev
#101 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 12:12:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Great first post Cake!

On the Weekly Challenge, I don’t think it’s giving too much of a spoiler to say that one of the Barn Finds is a Vintage Racer. Presumably you haven’t acquired that yet? May be worth collecting the barn finds as there are a few very expensive cars amongst them.

Thank you, I tend to be wordy, so I'll keep an eye out.

I have almost every barn find. Some classic racers but none considered Vintage. When I checked the 'allowed cars' thing, it only showed the four: Auto Union, Bugatti, Maserati, and the Mercy. There is a Bentley that is a barn find but that only unlocks after you buy Bamburgh Castle - another 10 mil. So not sure which vintage car is a barn find. But it's ok. Did all the vintage racer requirements, got the Weekly pretty easily. Did the Rivals thing. And am halfway through qualifying for Ranked Online Adventure. Which takes me to my next thing, I need to tune up a couple of street racers and cross-country for A 800 and S1 900 cuz racing stock isn't cutting it...lol. Took 3rd once, otherwise it was 6th and back.

#102 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 2:20:31 AM(UTC)
I was playing around some more and yeah, my Bug tune could do a bit better with few more suspension tweaks (its running a bit soft atm) and also gain a bit of time.
Then went to play with Alumi craft, that thing is 108 kg lighter, has a bit more power then bug, but if there are any kinds of imperfections on the ground (fences, etc), it just looses to Bug, Does better on clean/dirt tracks.
Still some more cars that fit into this Trial category and I have time, so lets go play some more :)

Edit
So I did play around with Cholla, Mini and those two golf carts.
Cholla does more or less the same as Alumi craft, golf carts do good on clean tracks, not so good with obstacles and finally Mini, that's not actually mini, nor its light, but for me it would be second choice after the bug.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 14, 2020 4:03:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#103 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 3:10:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Great first post Cake!

On the Weekly Challenge, I don’t think it’s giving too much of a spoiler to say that one of the Barn Finds is a Vintage Racer. Presumably you haven’t acquired that yet? May be worth collecting the barn finds as there are a few very expensive cars amongst them.

Thank you, I tend to be wordy, so I'll keep an eye out.

I have almost every barn find. Some classic racers but none considered Vintage. When I checked the 'allowed cars' thing, it only showed the four: Auto Union, Bugatti, Maserati, and the Mercy. There is a Bentley that is a barn find but that only unlocks after you buy Bamburgh Castle - another 10 mil. So not sure which vintage car is a barn find. But it's ok. Did all the vintage racer requirements, got the Weekly pretty easily. Did the Rivals thing. And am halfway through qualifying for Ranked Online Adventure. Which takes me to my next thing, I need to tune up a couple of street racers and cross-country for A 800 and S1 900 cuz racing stock isn't cutting it...lol. Took 3rd once, otherwise it was 6th and back.

The Bentley is a Vintage Racer, so is eligible for the event. The reason it won’t show as eligible is its D class stock and the game unhelpfully only shows you those cars in the class for the event. I’d forgotten you needed Bamburgh Castle to get it though!

Let me know if you want any tips for Ranked - either cars or tunes.

#104 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 11:55:59 PM(UTC)
Hey thank you for the offer.

So using what I already own, I have an Intl Scout and a Hilux AT38 for S1 900...and a Jeep Trailcat for A800. As they are, they are under-performing due to being too springy to be competitive. I can try to tighten them up for sure, but really am going to go the pure rally method. I have a couple of Subarus and a Lancia Stradale that I am going to set up instead. That should handle Cross-Country.

For Street races, I have my ever-reliable Lambo Hurracan. I have it set up for Cross Country with rally tires, etc...so it really handles bumps, gravel, and snow pretty well. A solid over-all performer. And for A800, I just set up a Skyline R34. I love that car in real life, and it seems to do well in the game also. As I get more in to it, I'll tune up a few more purpose-built models for seasonal performance and leave it at that.

Overall, it was an experience. Was racing a hodge-podge of stock and cheap auction buys as I was cutting my teeth on it. The last couple of events, I was getting the hang of it and finished up Tier 16...forget what my Rank number was. But wow, an experience for sure. At the front, it was good hard racing. But man alive, if you get caught up in the middle-to-back of the pack, you are in for a bumpy ride. lol. I would get slammed into walls, or shoved out of gates...a little more physical than what this Gentleman Racer is used to. But I'll let it go as a learning experience. I'll see how it is once I start doing actual ranked events.
#105 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 2:52:42 AM(UTC)
I cant win the blooming Easter Buggy, all 3 races i get top 2 and the rest of the team come bottom or 1 up. been stuck on just this one for 4 days now ! last chance tonight, need it for my 80%
 1 user liked this post.
#106 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 3:56:40 AM(UTC)
Daz - message on here or on Xbox messenger and we can set up a convoy if you are still struggling. Even if I’m not on at the same time as you, I’m sure one or two others would also be happy to convoy with you to complete it.
 1 user liked this post.
#107 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 4:14:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DAZ3290 Go to Quoted Post
I cant win the blooming Easter Buggy, all 3 races i get top 2 and the rest of the team come bottom or 1 up. been stuck on just this one for 4 days now ! last chance tonight, need it for my 80%

See if it helps you do the challenges (page 3)
https://i.imgur.com/ATeHSNr.jpg

Edited by user Wednesday, April 15, 2020 4:17:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#108 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:25:06 AM(UTC)
I just ran the Trial for kicks, just now.

First two races we were down a man, 5 racers on the team. Then for the last race at the railyard, one of those PC hacks added himself onto our team in a A800 Ariel Nomad. Loser-hackers hack because theyre too weak to hold their own I suppose, ...because this one raced like some garbage noob. I'll take overpowered XC-racing AI any day over having some piece of trash hack his way into my race.

THAT'S what needs fixing.
Every train needs a caboose, right?
5 Pages<<345Prev

Notification

Icon
Error