This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
#76 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 3:23:38 PM(UTC)
There are already like 3-4 messages from Keira throughout the collection, with subtitles...I'm sure the last one wouldn't make that much of a difference in terms of costs. Even though - we're talking multi-million earning franchise here.
I was hoping for a separate gallery or at least something like hall of fame in the end but got nothing. Not a single word, badge or achievement.

Edited by user Saturday, April 11, 2020 3:26:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#77 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 9:34:02 PM(UTC)
I cannot access the #777 Corvette after completing the summer season @ 56% in Forza 4. The car has some icon with a present/bow in the lower right corner.
I've been completing these seasons for the past 2 or 3 years and have never seen this, why is this happening now?
#78 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 9:49:42 PM(UTC)
I cannot access the corvette 777 after completing the summer season @ 56%, why is that? I see some package with a bow on the lower right corner of the icon of the car on the summer season banner, does this mean I have to be forced into accomplishing more "online" free for all tom foolery racing/games or other tasks that have nothing to do with racing? If so, please let me know and I will stop playing this game and move on.
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 10:04:01 PM(UTC)
Just checking you know it is listed under Formula Drift rather than Chevrolet in the car selection screen...
#80 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 10:12:47 PM(UTC)
Thank you brother, I found the car. I want to thank you and tell you how much that reply is appreciated. So much stress and craziness right now, even over a game that we all love..... thank you again.
#81 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 10:18:37 PM(UTC)
Forza folks, sorry for sounding whiny... All is good on my end.

Edited by user Sunday, April 12, 2020 12:38:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#82 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 11:17:02 PM(UTC)
You reminded me that there are two cars numbered #777 which is probably a mistake.
#83 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 12:05:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PappelaMab Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Had to retry Trial few times but got my tune right. This is for VW Baja Bug Code: 103 562 035

this Tune can't be right, it's 704... ;-)

Would you please clarify? Code is right, I just checked and it's B700 for me, but does tune show up as A-class 704 setup for you?

For me it's B700. Please anyone confirm or deny what is the case here.

1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 12:53:48 AM(UTC)
Had to retry Trial few times but got my tune right. This is for VW Baja Bug Code: 103 562 035

Would you please clarify? Code is right, I just checked and it's B700 for me, but does tune show up as A-class 704 setup for you?

Just tested it and if you have some previous tune on car it goes to A704, i just reset to default upgrades and loaded tune again and then it shows correct B700

I have no idea why it's acting like that but anyway tune is right if you just reset to default upgrades before loading tune.
#85 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 2:18:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Beermachine66 Go to Quoted Post

Just tested it and if you have some previous tune on car it goes to A704, i just reset to default upgrades and loaded tune again and then it shows correct B700

I have no idea why it's acting like that but anyway tune is right if you just reset to default upgrades before loading tune.

Thank you very much!

It's clearly a bug, though not the worst kind I feared. "Summer bug" indeed.

1 user liked this post.
#86 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 2:52:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Beermachine66 Go to Quoted Post

I believe it's related to the wheels, i.e. the PI doesn't update to reflect the different wheels used in a tune, but I don't know if the car actually has the wrong wheels, i.e. whether it makes the car perform differently to how it should with that tune.
#87 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 8:02:49 AM(UTC)
Look I've been playing for a while and have no problem winning races and in fact, routinely hit over 80% every season BUT I cannot win a B class buggy race to save my life. What buggy and tuning is the best for seasonal forzathons and championships? Does the AI cheat/ rubber band?
#88 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 8:47:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KrashBoomBang1 Go to Quoted Post
I cannot access the #777 Corvette after completing the summer season @ 56% in Forza 4. The car has some icon with a present/bow in the lower right corner.
I've been completing these seasons for the past 2 or 3 years and have never seen this, why is this happening now?

Is your garage full?
#89 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 8:51:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
1. It’s definitely the Can-Ams which are particularly overpowered in drivatar form.

I got trolled by a rocket powered Cholla in one I did today in the 2nd race. My laps were 1:33, 1:32, 1:32, which would normally win it every time, but a Cholla must have been about 5 seconds ahead of me. Another time, for example, I won by several seconds with 1:35, 1:33, 1:32, i.e. the fastest AI did about 10 seconds slower total race time in that race vs the Cholla in the other race.
#90 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 10:09:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
1. It’s definitely the Can-Ams which are particularly overpowered in drivatar form.

I got trolled by a rocket powered Cholla in one I did today in the 2nd race. My laps were 1:33, 1:32, 1:32, which would normally win it every time, but a Cholla must have been about 5 seconds ahead of me. Another time, for example, I won by several seconds with 1:35, 1:33, 1:32, i.e. the fastest AI did about 10 seconds slower total race time in that race vs the Cholla in the other race.

In addition it's like there are different things in different event types and perhaps several factors here:

All from Unbeatable scenarios vs stock:

Can-Am has trolled me the most in single player Cross Country and Cross Country Playlist events (there has been differences between base SP and Playlist championship events)
Peel P50 still broken in D-class Street Scene (works fine in Road Racing)
Can-Am at least used to be broken in upper B-class Street Scene, being as fast as top 5 - 8% rivals (Trac-Tor's were still eligible when I tested it though).

Situation where traffic disappears from Street Scene event whatever Drivatar game has decided to be the fastest can get ~6 seconds speed boost. Would match with your experience with Cholla. No idea what could trigger it on CC Trial though.
 2 users liked this post.
#91 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 12:36:37 PM(UTC)
I know there are plenty of people on here who can win all 3 Trial races, but I wanted to put a video up to help people who are struggling see that it's not totally impossible. So this is my effort at a demo of beating the AI with the Alumi. It's tough to win the 1st race with it, I didn't win that one every time, but I almost always won the 2nd and 3rd races with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h869kkx_Rk
 1 user liked this post.
#92 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 5:40:54 PM(UTC)
Maybe its been said before regarding this trial, but it is super critical for the human team to get their most competent drivers to the front as fast as possible. Once the AI gets far enough out in front, as many have said the obstacles don't seem to impact the AI making them uncatchable. If the humans can stay within a certain range of the AI they will be slowed down by these obstacles and are beatable. I played 6 trials and only won the last when the best two racers got placed 7-9 at the starting line. Otherwise, the less experienced racers either purposefully block or clumsily block the faster racers and the AI is "off to the races."
 2 users liked this post.
#93 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 7:50:40 PM(UTC)
This took me longer than expected, but surprisingly, it wasn't tuning all three cars for Wood Friday that was the worst. Anyway, here's the list:

Championship: "Wood Friday" | Road Racing | (D500) 1946 Ford Wagon, 1965 Morris Traveller, or 1953 Morris Traveler
Car(s) used: All three

Tunes:
1953 Morris Traveler - The Larch - 118 566 403 (used in race #3)
1946 Ford Wagon - The Larch... - 139 155 907 (used in race #2)
1965 Morris Traveller - The... Larch... - 275 556 176 (used in race #1)

Yes... I decided to do and use all three just for a Monty Python reference. All three tunes are quite good, and I have to say I liked the '65 Traveller the best. Best speed and acceleration of the three, but lowest handling stat. The '53 Traveler has the slowest speed, but everything else is the in-between. Also the gearing's a bit wonky and only has 3 usable gears. The Ford Wagon I actually redid before I shared it because the initial tune was too slow. Went back and pepped it up and it can keep up now.

Championship: "Koenigsegg Hunt" | Street Scene | (S2 998) Koenigsegg models
Car used: CCX
Tune: KinderEgg - 872 988 225
[Bonus!] Paint: Robbinsegg - 637 314 291

Finally I can give you an egg in these trying times. I was very proud of this car when I tested it. Finally got the courage up to monkey with the final gear tuning on my own and made a Easter Egg colored torpedo. Unfortunately once it gets above 200mph... it steers like an Easter Egg colored torpedo. Not what you really want in Street racing. However, I was able to make it work.

Championship: "Scrambled Megss" | Dirt Racing | (601-800) Family Model: Renault Megane
Car used: Megane RS 250
Tune: Salad - 888 109 801

First off, I wanted to name the tune slightly differently to make a Frasier reference, but THAT name is banned (for good reason, too). I almost gave up on this tune after the first race. Got 4th, two thirds, and a second. I was about to throw it in when I noticed that even though I was second, I had the fastest lap. So I knew I had something. The main issue was the first race was every time the race started with a hamburger wall that I couldn't really avoid, which meant I was always trying to catch up. I let the second place stand (I usually don't start a Championship if I don't get 1st in the first race) because I had faith in my Megane. Turns out it was well-placed. Got to the other two tracks and I was able to get some very good runs in.

That's this season out of the way, and perhaps now I can try and plot for next season. I can already look ahead for the planned weekly challenge and build for that...
 1 user liked this post.
#94 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 2:10:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
You reminded me that there are two cars numbered #777 which is probably a mistake.

No mistake. The guy the 2 #777 belong to is called Matt Field and he originally had the Nissan 240SX and has replaced it with the Corvette. Thats why they have the same number and livery as thats his race number in the Formula Drift series.

Edited by user Monday, April 13, 2020 2:11:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#95 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 12:06:47 PM(UTC)
So first off, I just wanted to send a quick "Thank you" to this thread and to El Barto Inc specifically for his buggy tune. B 700 VW Class 5 Baja Bug - tune 137 489 135

The Trials - This has been a most frustrating event for me. First off, am relatively new to Horizon, coming over from MS6. So it took me a bit to figure stuff out but I am thoroughly enjoying the experience...until. lol

On the former Unbeatable challenges, I am one of those slags getting helped out by all of those so much better at the game. So a mighty thank you and apologies for having to deal with me at the back. But I have been getting swiftly better as the days go on. But this Trials was rough. There seemed to be so much in-team fighting that inevitably someone would get pushed outside of a gate or into a building and that's just it. A number of times I ended up at the back and felt bad for those people who were doing their best to earn points for the team. But I was usually not alone, having at least two other Blues in my company.

I take pride in tuning up my own vehicles (or even just running stock), no expert here, but I can usually get things into the 'good enough' range and also keep them fun, not just purpose-built. After getting blown out...lol...I downloaded one tune that seemed to have the best numbers. It seemed lackluster however and came online to look for help. I found this thread a few days back. Even though El Barto's stats were not as good, seemingly, the tune was quick and responsive and I could get reliable improvements to my race. I was now at the point of finishing 2nd, 3rd, or 4th (barring events) and now was the guy ahead getting frustrated at the people in the back. Finally, last night, a miracle happened. We got totally blown out in the first race (that I normally do fairly well on) and everybody else quit out. So I ended up doing Ridge solo...came in first!. Then the third race (at the Railyard) and thought, "ok, I only need third and I got it." Came in first again! It was so much easier without all the extra cars bumping and banging in to each other. So I offer up no magic solution to how to beat this...nor do I offer a solid first place performer. But if anyone needs a good mid-pack-and-better driver to team up with to help out, I offer my services. Try to get a few better people as well...lol. But just leaving it open to the luck of the draw was incredibly frustrating.

Scrambled Meggs - Tuned up a Megane 250 bought on the cheap. Was a good overall performer but I had to crash out a nearly uncatchable AI in the third race. A technique I do not approve of against human opponents, but hey, AI is fair game, lol.

Bamburgh Castle Danger Jump - I have two vehicles I typically use for Danger jumps. One is a Lamborghini Huracan with rally tune. The other is a slightly modified AMC Gremlin. It is just friggin fun to drive and earns me a ton of points going cross-country. After a few tries of not quite getting it with the Lambo, I decided to try the Gremlin. It took a few runs, mostly trying to stay with the road. Mistake. Kept losing speed following the bend. The trick was to pop it to the right as soon as you get out of the tunnel, then straighten up and go straight for the ramp. Was able to do it three times in the Gremlin. Also recorded it cuz it's just funny. It lands a little hind-end heavy and crashed a few times, so I'd lighten up the rear wing a little. I'll post the tune if anyone wants it.

Derwent Water Speed Trap - Got this on the second run with the Lambo Huracan. There's a reason I have rally tires on a supercar. lol.

Wood Friday - Tuned up a Mini Traveler, again, bought on the cheap. Man, I'm loving the auction. lol

I still need to do the egg hunt and the speed trap (I'm 2mph short, ugh) and the online things: the rivals and online adventure thing, never done either of those yet. And I just got a Bugatti from the auction, so we'll see about the weekly challenge thing. I was a little perturbed as a "less than 4mil CR" player that it would have an event solely for 10mil CR cars. In the beginning, none were up for auction, period. Gradually as the week has gone on, they have appeared and though bidding has been tricky, scored one last night. So yay me. And thanks to some guy who was selling like 10 of them at a time. What??

Sorry for being so wordy. I promise to talk less in the future. But thanks for being here.

#96 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 1:35:42 PM(UTC)
Great first post Cake! Car stats don’t always mean much in FH4 - it’s usually best to go by recommendation or tuner. There’s some excellent tuners on here and someone will always have a good suggestion for the trial. The monthly Rivals event is very easy by the way. You just need to do a clean lap. No time limit or other requirement.

On the Weekly Challenge, I don’t think it’s giving too much of a spoiler to say that one of the Barn Finds is a Vintage Racer. Presumably you haven’t acquired that yet? May be worth collecting the barn finds as there are a few very expensive cars amongst them.

I just did the challenge. For anyone wanting to do the speed trap swiftly without tuning your Vintage Racer into too high a class, I was able to 3 star Astmoor very easily in an A class W154, so four runs up and down was sufficient. No other real tips, although Rayne SE’s B class Napier tune was quite handy for easily obtaining the show off skills.

Edited by user Monday, April 13, 2020 1:38:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#97 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 2:02:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mossmanfly Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

No mistake. The guy the 2 #777 belong to is called Matt Field and he originally had the Nissan 240SX and has replaced it with the Corvette. Thats why they have the same number and livery as thats his race number in the Formula Drift series.

What Formula Drift is a real thing? I thought it was a Forza thing... lol.
 1 user liked this post.
#98 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 2:08:19 PM(UTC)
I'm curious if there's any form of statistical analysis available for events like this week's kangaroo-court Trial. Specifically a percentage of success ratio - How many event entries vs how many successful completions, compared to other seasons. I'd bet the graph looks something like `````````````````\...
#99 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 4:51:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Oldsmagnet Go to Quoted Post
I'm curious if there's any form of statistical analysis available for events like this week's kangaroo-court Trial. Specifically a percentage of success ratio - How many event entries vs how many successful completions, compared to other seasons. I'd bet the graph looks something like `````````````````\...

It rather depends whether they can work out accurate Street Trial statistics, taking into account the bug which often turns losses into wins. There was a Lamborghini S2 winter trial a few months ago which was great fun so I did it 20+ times. My recollection is that I thought only one of those ended in a genuine win. This trial, I’ve now had a few teams able to win it.
#100 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 7:41:04 PM(UTC)
It rather depends whether they can work out accurate Street Trial statistics, taking into account the bug which often turns losses into wins. There was a Lamborghini S2 winter trial a few months ago which was great fun so I did it 20+ times. My recollection is that I thought only one of those ended in a genuine win. This trial, I’ve now had a few teams able to win it.

I've had one shot out of the, uh, 50 or so tries, that actually looked promising, had a halfway decent team, squeaked a win on heat one, about 3/4th of the way through heat two, the xbox (or forza or whatever...) servers went down and kicked us all out of the race. I'm just curious if the folks at forza actually pay attention to this kind of stuff, like, if at the end of this season they look back and realize they only gave out like eight of those stupid bunny suits..... and next season they figure out that nobody wants to play anymore... Will they notice? Do they care? Sounds like a lot of folks are taking this season's trial as a professional insult, and I'm not too proud to say I'm one of them.
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error