7 Pages<<4567PrevNext
#126 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 8:29:00 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Sunday, April 12, 2020 8:30:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#127 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 1:54:47 PM(UTC)
How to get ALL 685 photos of cars in less then 4 hours? Or the new Gunther Werks in half a hour?
Just search for and play my blueprints races i named "Easy Photo Collect"

Every blueprint has different types of cars in it, and with every start you can get pictures up to 12 different cars in 1 shot!
Click here to watch the youtube movie, of me getting multiple car photos in 1 take.

I made blueprints with only FE cars in it, barnfind cars, only with the preorder cars,
and even blueprints with the cars that still arend in the game yet! Like the Supra 2.0 GT and the FIORANO!

Good luck!

Edited by user Sunday, April 12, 2020 2:34:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#128 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 2:23:15 PM(UTC)
while i didn't ask for it, i don't mind it. gives me something else fun to do besides the festival playlist.

also adds a little spice to forzathon lives. been taking a few snaps before/during the event. i'll people participating in those more often!
 1 user liked this post.
#129 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 6:49:16 PM(UTC)
The processing of photos since this feature was introduced is taking 30 seconds exactly, which is too long and is a bit annoying! By my calculations we'll be waiting a total of 5.7 hours to snap 685 cars! Please fix this ASAP to about 5-7 seconds wait time.
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

2 users liked this post.
#130 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 12:51:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrLazyLex Go to Quoted Post
Just search for and play my blueprints races i named "Easy Photo Collect"
You could have saved yourself a STOT as I'd already done this for everyone on Thursday! LOL

Every single category plus a few customs.

Got 90%+ of the cars in a about three hours (probably a bit less IAH) and had to create a few custom blueprints with only the last few missing cars.

Last on being the "2014 Unimog U5023", which was a bit of an anti-climax:

Actually took longer to create the blueprints than to collect all cars!

My suggestion to get the Portafino much quicker though, would be to first photograph the categories with the most vehicles one time to start with.

This is because you tend to get between 9-12 cars on the first attempt at each category (that has more than 12 cars), with decreasing amounts of new cars in subsequent photos.

By doing this you could theoretically reach 100 unique cars within about 12-14 captures.

For anyone who want to know how many cars in each category:

01-15 Cars Cars Per Category = RED
16-19 Cars Cars Per Category = AMBER
20-25 Cars Cars Per Category = BLUE
26-43 Cars Cars Per Category = GREEN

Edited by user Monday, April 13, 2020 3:59:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#131 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 1:32:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SimRacerQ Go to Quoted Post
The processing of photos since this feature was introduced is taking 30 seconds exactly, which is too long and is a bit annoying! By my calculations we'll be waiting a total of 5.7 hours to snap 685 cars! Please fix this ASAP to about 5-7 seconds wait time.

See this post made earlier by a helpful contributor:
#67 Posted : 4 days ago

Is it me or have they made going into the photo mode more snappier?

To speed up the photo processing time you have to change sampling mode to fast (under photo effects mode).
#132 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 3:15:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GentlestSum522 Go to Quoted Post
To speed up the photo processing time you have to change sampling mode to fast (under photo effects mode).
Yup! This worked for me when the feature fist came out and I went from 30 seconds processing time down to approx 10-12 seconds.

1 user liked this post.
#133 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 5:40:02 AM(UTC)
Not sure if posted already but from experience to get the cars quicker make sure to run brand/category restrictions...

Best brand is without a doubt Ferrari, multiple classes give you tons of cars. BMW is an ok brand to use at A800 and below. Porsche works but not much change from A to S1. Mercedes is a good A and S1 brand, less so B class. Mitsubishi doesn't have many cars, but usually has variety, more so if you field a GTO. Vintage Racers, Classic Racers (at S1), Classic Rally, Modern Supercars and Hypercars (at both S1 and S2) are very likely to give you a varied grid.

Absolutely avoid Audi, Ford, Nissan, Dodge, Pagani and Subaru, as those brands have starter cars/loyalty prizes and it's very likely you'll get tons of the same car. Lancia might be another one to avoid for the same reason. As for categories, avoid Modern Muscle (Mustang GT spam), Modern Rally (Subaru spam), Extreme Offroad (Nissan Titan FE spam) and Vans & Utility (Ford Transit FE spam).
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#134 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 7:00:21 AM(UTC)
For those who aren't doing this on high priority, there's quite good car variety in Street Scene races. I did couple of run throughs and I'm past halfway with photos.
 1 user liked this post.
#135 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 11:06:17 AM(UTC)

5.7 hours = 342 minutes so presumably this has been calculated at the rate of 30 seconds per vehicle.

My photo effects sampling rate was set at "fast" and from memory I think processing took a lot less that 30 seconds. Also at the drag race it's easy to capture 12 vehicles within one photo so there is a flaw in the calculations.

At the beginning I did manage 12 "new" captures within one photo but subsequently I got a few duplicates. At this stage I'm not certain which method is quickest and there could be an element of luck. It's a pity that when you do a blueprint/custom for an event there isn't a link to the promo collection screen so that you could directly select vehicles you've not yet captured.

#136 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 11:36:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tsujen Go to Quoted Post
Am I the only one who thought the numbers should have been higher? Say 250 for the Ferrari and 500 for the Porsche? I completed the 2 cars within 30 minutes and now have Promo turned off never to do it again. Sure it's cool to get it done fast but for something "new to the game" it was to quick. Kinda of like the eliminator how the Cougar was towards the end and not 30% through.

yeah sure, you did both cars within 30 minutes..... just show a video that it really works and tell us how you did it. Because I am quite sure that you cannot do it in 30 mins. But it is the internet, so anything goes eh?
#137 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 1:02:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Not sure if posted already but from experience to get the cars quicker make sure to run brand/category restrictions...

Best brand is without a doubt Ferrari, multiple classes give you tons of cars. BMW is an ok brand to use at A800 and below. Porsche works but not much change from A to S1. Mercedes is a good A and S1 brand, less so B class. Mitsubishi doesn't have many cars, but usually has variety, more so if you field a GTO. Vintage Racers, Classic Racers (at S1), Classic Rally, Modern Supercars and Hypercars (at both S1 and S2) are very likely to give you a varied grid.

Absolutely avoid Audi, Ford, Nissan, Dodge, Pagani and Subaru, as those brands have starter cars/loyalty prizes and it's very likely you'll get tons of the same car. Lancia might be another one to avoid for the same reason. As for categories, avoid Modern Muscle (Mustang GT spam), Modern Rally (Subaru spam), Extreme Offroad (Nissan Titan FE spam) and Vans & Utility (Ford Transit FE spam).

Pretty accurate
#138 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 11:26:46 PM(UTC)
I've now completed this. Originally I was only going to do 200 but as I progressed I found easier ways of doing it. I started with divisions e.g. Hypercars etc, blueprint/custom at Drag races with all 12 cars lined up in a row at the start so it was very easy to take one photo covering all cars.

With hindsight if I were doing it again, I would still choose drag races and blueprint/custom but I would ignore divisions. Instead at the blueprint/custom stage I would sort cars under "class" which sorts all cars in original PI order. I would then make an excel spreadsheet or list of vehicles with help from one of the online databases and sort my list in PI order. I would start at PI 100, select 12 to 15 cars, and mark off captures as they occurred. Selecting cars with a similar PI cuts down on duplicates and the number of races and photos and makes finding and selecting vehicles much easier.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 15, 2020 3:32:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#139 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 6:56:08 AM(UTC)
Those who wonder if this feature worth your time, or if Porsche is after Ferrari, IMO Porsche is worth it.

I did Street Scene run through stock / Unbeatable with both cars, in reverse order for some reason and was a bit disappointed with Ferrari after Porsche.

Of the two Ferrari is very nice summer car and competitive and fun on most routes but for some reason far more difficult to drive efficiently than Porsche on couple of routes. The Monument Wynds is really though with it if/when there are AWD cars starting ahead in starting grid. In the Highland Charge, with Ferrari it's very important to be on first position before the bridge and 90 degree right after that.
#140 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 9:51:11 AM(UTC)
hi, new player here
just found out i need to take pics of all the cars as part of the car collection promo but i only know how to enter photo mode on the street
is there a way to take pics of your cars in the garage, without the need to get in each one and take it outside?
#141 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 7:01:02 AM(UTC)
I take all promo shoots, with Owens car, but i am at 685/685, and in the list i missed just #117 599 GTB Fiorano. Something wrong? :-(

Edited by user Sunday, April 19, 2020 7:01:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Emmett Doc Brown about FM bugs: I invented the Time Machine to gain perhaps even an answer to that universal question, "Why"?
#142 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 7:16:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VideoFoil650769 Go to Quoted Post
hi, new player here
just found out i need to take pics of all the cars as part of the car collection promo but i only know how to enter photo mode on the street
is there a way to take pics of your cars in the garage, without the need to get in each one and take it outside?

You can press X to go to garage, and Y to take a photo, but it's quicker to start drag races, and take photo's of lots of cars.
#143 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 2:09:57 AM(UTC)
I completed this yesterday. A few tips for anyone that is just starting out. I'll explain what I did plus a method I think would be even better now thinking about it.

I wouldnt worry about creating Excel spreadsheets written lists or anything as the Promo list does a great job and you can just see which are uncaptured and use a phone camera to take picture of the screen.

Also for any odd cars that you need and that you own you can go into Forza Vista mode and do photo mode from the Festival or Home.

Not sure if its set to default but ive got Photo mode set to Up on the Dpad.

1st off I used the drag strip at the Festival mainly as its short plus all cars start in a row so its easy to capture all 12 cars in 1 shot. I did the drag strip as well because I still needed to get to level 20 so thought pefect chance to do both.

I play on Xbox X and have set controls to the custom layout so have LB as quick access to the map. So what I did was go to the Drag strip and go into my 1st Favourite car in my list and run the default blue print from the race screen. As I needed to get to level 20 in drag racing I ran the race after taking the picture. As soon as the race was finished I pressed LB to get to the map and used fast travel to get back to the drag race. As you are pretty close to the race anyway fast travel takes 1-2 seconds so find it easier than driving and having to brake to stop, to get to the race. Enter the race again and go to Change car, I then sorted into my favourites again and then choose the next car and ran the default race again. Rinse and repeated until I had driven all my favourites. I did this as I did want to get influence to get to level 20 so completed all the races.

The favourite method might be slower depending on what cars you have listed as favourite but I have a good range and cover every type of car.

I then went on to the "Cars" tab on the pause screen and selected the Promo square to go into the list of cars to see which needed to be done. I then worked through the list looking at the next car and running a blue print, sometimes the default one or I would use the Year like 1990s etc or anything goes. Before hand I would look to see if I needed alot of the same car type like Modern Rally etc.

After getting into the 500 odd cars I then decided the best method was to look on the Promo list and then sort into car class, then I took pictures on my phone of the list of cars not captured, and then went and created a custom blue print just with these cars. I would start the race, take the picture immediately and then quit, open the map via LB and then it was a quick up on the left stick and fast travel. Ran it a few times until you start getting only a couple of new cars, then re did the list, and would then include the next class of car above. So make a list of D and C class cars. Found I was getting 8+ cars each time.

When running these races its best to look before hand of which cars you need so if running say A class and you have alot of cars in the upper level so 780+ then using a car that is say 710 wont get you those cars in the race. Its smart to pick cars with a range of performance so maybe do 1 race with a 780 then the next in a 710.

If I was to do it again I would go to the drag strip again and I would go to the custom blue print and then do 50 cars and do it by class so D class etc. Run the drag strip a few times. Then maybe move on to C class, then B etc. Then after doing all classes go back into the promo and see what you have left. And take pictures of what you need and then select those cars. Pretty easy to just select from the pictures on your phone, easier than creating a list or anything.
#144 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 12:35:36 PM(UTC)
Hello. I just completed the Horizon 4 Photo Promo, or at least I thought I did. I took pictures of all 685 cars, and the promo page reads 685/685, but there was no achievement, no reward. It is saying I have to take 15 more photos to unlock the next reward, but in the promo, under not captured, there are no more cars.

I am just confused. Shouldn't there be some kind of reward for finishing the promo, or is it ongoing through each series as they add new cars?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you.
#145 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 1:53:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GentlestSum522 Go to Quoted Post

See this post made earlier by a helpful contributor:
#67 Posted : 4 days ago

Is it me or have they made going into the photo mode more snappier?

This has no effect if you are in 4K mode with the Xbox One X. I had to switch to "performance" mode (1080/60) and now the photo snapping is quick. I'm sure that's why it's taking long as noted by SimRacerQ. I've just been going thru my garage and taking pics on the main highway, lots of cars show up while I do so.

Edited by user Monday, April 27, 2020 1:54:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#146 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 6:56:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SFTY3RD5009 Go to Quoted Post
Hello. I just completed the Horizon 4 Photo Promo, or at least I thought I did. I took pictures of all 685 cars, and the promo page reads 685/685, but there was no achievement, no reward. It is saying I have to take 15 more photos to unlock the next reward, but in the promo, under not captured, there are no more cars.

I am just confused. Shouldn't there be some kind of reward for finishing the promo, or is it ongoing through each series as they add new cars?

Thank you.

There is no achievement or reward for completing
Other than the rewards you got for each 20 cars
But yes there are more cars coming as they do each series...just because it says 15 doesnt mean there is 15 coming either
#147 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 1:09:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SFTY3RD5009 Go to Quoted Post

Thank you.

I was a bit surprised when I "completed" it and there was no fanfare or large reward. Hopefully PG will continue to support the game with further new cars so it probably isn't yet fully completed.

There is one car you're probably missing, Owen's McLaren, which brings the total to 686. To get it I used the following via the Creative Hub menu:

Originally Posted by: The Last Flight Go to Quoted Post
If y'all need the Owen's McLaren, download the race with the sharecode 989 815 391. Got my picture this way.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 28, 2020 1:10:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#148 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2020 8:54:03 AM(UTC)
Thank you. I appreciate it. I hope they continue to keep this game going, even though I know that once FH5 and FM8 come out, this game will most likely fall to the wayside.

Thanks again.
#149 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 12:03:24 AM(UTC)
Hi all. The following three drag race blueprints should help you get all six new update 22 car pics. Although, strangely, I had to use three different blueprints to get all the cars to show up. Hopefully, you’ll have better luck with the first one. Tip: make sure you have the selectable cars near the stock PI of the new cars. Seems to help;

Horizon Promo: New Cars, Update 22
Share code: 101 008 905

Horizon Promo: New Car Test
Share code: 952 972 072

Horizon Promo: New Car Test 2
Share code: 399 970 498

Edit: actually, you could finish the first blueprint and drive around the map, as the new cars should start showing up in horizon solo. Almost forgot....haha.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 6, 2020 12:14:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Forgot another tip

I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#150 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 12:23:48 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: AudibleJam509 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all. The following three drag race blueprints should help you get all six new update 22 car pics. Although, strangely, I had to use three different blueprints to get all the cars to show up. Hopefully, you’ll have better luck with the first one. Tip: make sure you have the selectable cars near the stock PI of the new cars. Seems to help;

Horizon Promo: New Cars, Update 22
Share code: 101 008 905

Horizon Promo: New Car Test
Share code: 952 972 072

Horizon Promo: New Car Test 2
Share code: 399 970 498

Edit: actually, you could finish the first blueprint and drive around the map, as the new cars should start showing up in horizon solo. Almost forgot....haha.

Was able to get all 6 new cars in one blueprint
Share code: 286 680 910

But did have to run it twice, once in the integra and once in the civic.
Only have 8 cars in the blueprint so hope it helps a few people.

Good Luck
7 Pages<<4567PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error