7 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 4:43:36 PM(UTC)
This feature will give you reason to just cruise around and stalk those other cars like prey!
#27 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 9:33:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FulgerulTrasnit Go to Quoted Post
Hello ! I have a proble : I have all the houses in fh4, but when i take a shot it doesn t appeares that horizon promo window.....it just puts me to save it or delete....what should I do ?

unless photo icon appears over car, feature is not active.

1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 11:05:31 PM(UTC)
Update is now live
#29 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 11:39:56 PM(UTC)
Anyone knows if pics need to be taken on the road, or can I go ham in Forzavista?
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 11:58:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post
Anyone knows if pics need to be taken on the road, or can I go ham in Forzavista?

Can be taken anywhere, i'm just using custom events so i can capture multiple cars at the same time
#31 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 12:22:19 AM(UTC)
Thank you. :)
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 1:26:20 AM(UTC)
200 cars isn't too bad, I just did 100 in about 30 minutes. All I did was starts a race, pick a car, photo the cars, quit the race, start the same race, but change my car. It's fast.
 3 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 2:08:38 AM(UTC)
Switching cars/classes and taking pictures of the starting grids works like a charm. I got the Portofino in less than an hour.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 2:27:17 AM(UTC)
I literally have the update installed and the promo isn't even there for me, just the original photo mode.
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 3:14:07 AM(UTC)
Now there's a bunch of stalkers around, will have to drive in common car for a while. Camaro PO, Capri FE, Cougar, Ford F-150 DD draw too much attention :/

You have to drive from your house, to get some short information from Keira, then whole thing starts.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 8, 2020 3:14:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 3:20:58 AM(UTC)
I Found that Keira didn't want to talk to Me until I visited Sunflower Meadows (the Player House in Ambleside) , after I did, that Promo Mode fired Right up, so, it seems Visiting that House might be the Trigger to Enable the Promo Mode.
#37 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 5:47:24 AM(UTC)
The "Horizon Promo" feature is gonna be a real pain for those who have 691 cars as each photo takes at least 30 seconds to "Process".

As an experiment, I took a photo with no new cars in shot and although the status "No new cars in shot" was displayed immediately, the spinning "Process" animation still took 30 seconds to complete with no way of backing out.

One of the things that has that poiled my biss in FH4 is how long photos take to process and that's before attempt to save them only to discover you have no slots available. Now we've gotta spend a minimum of 6 hours photographing cars.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 5:58:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post

One of the things…in FH4 is how long photos take to process and that's before attempt to save them only to discover you have no slots available. Now we've gotta spend a minimum of 6 hours photographing cars.

I’m 2.5 weeks into a 3 month stint of self isolation so 6 hours won’t be that much of an issue personally 😏

Curious about the ‘no slots available’ comment though, I’ve only ever had a maximum of 33 so does that mean I’ll have to delete some so that I can save new pics for the feature to register?

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#39 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 6:14:20 AM(UTC)
Game has seriously slow load and save times for anything even on a One X. Not looking forward to this but will stop at 200. Probably faster to do on a PC
#40 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 6:14:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post
Curious about the ‘no slots available’ comment though, I’ve only ever had a maximum of 33 so does that mean I’ll have to delete some so that I can save new pics for the feature to register?
I was meaning regular when taking regular photos which have similarly endless process period.

I don't think it's an issue when in Horizon Promo though.

1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 6:18:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post

You don't have to save the photo for it to register. As soon as you take the pic and get the "new car" notification, press B a couple of times to back out without saving.
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 6:32:09 AM(UTC)
0-203 cars photographed took me 42 minutes. Of course some people will spend at least double that time moaning and whining about having to do it rather than just sucking it up and getting it done.
 3 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 6:36:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SmokiestGecko93 Go to Quoted Post
0-203 cars photographed took me 42 minutes. Of course some people will spend at least double that time moaning and whining about having to do it rather than just sucking it up and getting it done.

Well, it's worth a few seconds of time to give feedback, someone might read it and take note.

42 mins of completely wasting my time to unlock 2 cars. It's just so pointless. I could mow my lawn, for example, in that time, if the game just gave me the cars, I'd rather spend the 42 mins doing that. It's much worse than having to do races against AI in that at least doing races against AI has a bit of benefit in giving you more practice driving and learning tracks better.
#44 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 6:43:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SmokiestGecko93 Go to Quoted Post
0-203 cars photographed took me 42 minutes.
Wow! A hero in our midst! LOL

2 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 6:46:24 AM(UTC)
Guess I will also mention that during that 42 minutes, I also accomplished two conference calls with work and made and ate my breakfast. The nice thing about this was just how insignificant a task it was at using my brain power. It was worth it to get these two cartoon cars I wanted to check out.

Forza games aren't all about me. I'm not a drifter, others love it. I'm not a photo taker, others lover it. I'm not a painter or a tuner, yet others love it. All the different things people love to do in Forza games eventually get their turn at being given some stuff. This month it is the photographers. Not my thing but I am sure that others will love this and make some incredible artistic photos. I'm happy for them.
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 6:49:32 AM(UTC)
I can't believe how bad this game is. First of all I had to battle against the button mappings. I don't have any spare buttons, but thought okay I'll do without rewind for now. Nope, rewind is a mandatory button mapping, I can't re-map the rewind button to photo mode. Eventually settled on having to use the keyboard alongside the wheel, pressing P to get into photo mode.

But it just doesn't work. Every time it says "no new cars in shot". I've had the car completely filling the whole screen, but still "no new cars in shot". I guess I won't be getting these two cars.
#47 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 6:58:27 AM(UTC)
I was meaning regular when taking regular photos which have similarly endless process period.

I don't think it's an issue when in Horizon Promo though.

Originally Posted by: Swooshiain Go to Quoted Post
You don't have to save the photo for it to register. As soon as you take the pic and get the "new car" notification, press B a couple of times to back out without saving.

Gotcha 👍🏾

Cheers for the info guys 🙂

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#48 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 7:03:45 AM(UTC)
The "Horizon Promo" feature is gonna be a real pain for those who have 691 cars as each photo takes at least 30 seconds to "Process".

As an experiment, I took a photo with no new cars in shot and although the status "No new cars in shot" was displayed immediately, the spinning "Process" animation still took 30 seconds to complete with no way of backing out.

One of the things that has that poiled my biss in FH4 is how long photos take to process and that's before attempt to save them only to discover you have no slots available. Now we've gotta spend a minimum of 6 hours photographing cars.

You only really need 200 cars, and I found that you usually get 8 new cars per race on average. One photo usually captures 6 cars.
#49 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 7:07:34 AM(UTC)
I did use the advice from earlier in the thread.
-pick a car, go into a race.
-take 2 photos - one of first 6 cars on grid, then last 6.
-don't save photos
-quit race
-re-enter race
- i would do a category race for the car and then an anything goes blueprint so two grids per car
-on third time into race, go into the anything goes blueprint again and switch to a car in different category and class
-i was getting 5 or 6 new cars per photo this way
#50 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 7:26:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Swooshiain Go to Quoted Post

I don't know if this is a PC vs Xbox thing, but on PC you can't back out, you have to wait an eternity for it to complete processing. All inputs are disabled while it's processing.

I think I've figured out the "no new cars in shot" thing. I think it's basing the detection on what is there at the time you take the photo, rather than the frozen scene that is captured. So you go into photo mode with a car filling the screen, but it has gone by the time you take the photo, so even though the car is filling your photo, it doesn't detect it as present. When you exit photo mode, the game has moved on, and the car is no longer there. This problem isn't present when you enter photo mode from a race, only when freeroaming.
7 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error