3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2020 10:57:27 AM(UTC)
I still don't understand what PG gets out of us doing some of these chores.

I totally understand locking stuff behind multiplayer elements such as eliminator, the trial, playground games and ranked adventure, as multiplayer only exists if decent numbers of people take part. So coercing people into doing those things serves a useful purpose in keeping the multiplayer features playable by those who want to play them.

But I don't understand what they get out of us playing single player events, and doing things like photographing cars, it just doesn't seem to benefit them vs us playing the game how we'd prefer to.

2 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 1:09:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
I totally understand locking stuff behind multiplayer elements such as eliminator, the trial, playground games and ranked adventure, as multiplayer only exists if decent numbers of people take part. So coercing people into doing those things serves a useful purpose in keeping the multiplayer features playable by those who want to play them.
But what's the point if the numbers consist of wallriders, rammers, leechers, and other types of people who won't take the multiplayer seriously? Do you really want to have to deal with these people just for quantity?

#53 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 2:50:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Last Flight Go to Quoted Post
But what's the point if the numbers consist of wallriders, rammers, leechers, and other types of people who won't take the multiplayer seriously? Do you really want to have to deal with these people just for quantity?

You're exaggerating, it's not that bad.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 2:53:15 AM(UTC)

Some might do that, but many won't. I mainly played Eliminator to unlock the Cougar, but I played it properly. I played to prioritise a high finish position rather than maximising my chance of winning, that's about the only difference in how I played. When I played with a controller and did Drift Adventure once a month to tick that off the playlist, I still tried to get the best score I could.
 2 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 3:44:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch Nixon177 Go to Quoted Post

But when a car is locked behind multiplayer, the quality in driving drops dramatically. I still remember when the Apollo and the Rossion were first introduced. It took me at least 5 tries before I won either of their respective events. Boy, those were rage-inducing times.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 7, 2020 3:46:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 10:05:24 PM(UTC)

But when a car is locked behind multiplayer, the quality in driving drops dramatically. I still remember when the Apollo and the Rossion were first introduced. It took me at least 5 tries before I won either of their respective events. Boy, those were rage-inducing times.

Oh no! 5 times to actually win this thing, that's the end of the world!
 1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 1:33:28 PM(UTC)

Oh no! 5 times to actually win this thing, that's the end of the world!

Yep. When you have incompetent teammates, it sure feels like it. But that's what happens when you try to coerce people into doing modes they hate. This is more obvious in Playground Games than in Trials. All people care about is the car so they quit at the first sign of losing and the event either becomes a quick hollow victory or a tedious time waster.

But Trials still have their problems. Who hasn't played with "teammates" who don't understand the concept of teamwork and ram the rest of the team off the road? And what about the people who bring bottom-of-the-class stock cars to Trials? Seriously, in most cases you can win by picking a car at random and downloading the first tune you see.
 3 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 3:32:59 PM(UTC)
Personally I don't understand why would anyone defend time gated content in a AAA full priced racing game. It's extremely anti consumer and kills the game longevity. What you think is gonna happen when support is over? 200 cars you can't get anymore, that's what.
My idea/solution to this is keep the playlist as it is, still keep delivering new cars locked behind championships or playlist completion BUT let us go back and replay any series or season we wish, in case we missed them or just started playing the game after the fact we could still go back and actually earn the content like everyone else.

Either that or just unlock all cars to be purchased in the autoshow in the final update - but based on past experiences *cough* FH3 *cough* and how the devs just keep doubling down on the live service fomo galore electric boogaloo within every update this won't happen.
#59 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 6:16:53 PM(UTC)
I’ve sat and read all of the replies to my initial post; I agree with what mostly everyone had to say, even if it isn’t all the way in line with my opinion.

That said, even with the new season unlocks, I haven’t touched the game and it remains uninstalled. I’ve been playing Dirt Rally 2.0 and F1 2019.

I hope PG and T10 can go towards a more traditional way of unlocking cars in future iterations of Forza.
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error