#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 6:39:45 AM(UTC)
Hi all,

I play on a Windows 10 fully compatible PC.
For the 3 weeks since install, it has been fantastic.
Yesterday, with a Lancia Group 4, I completely lost all ability to shift gears. This left it stuck on the starting line unable to launch, farting it's brains out.
I checked the settings in Assists, and it is set to Automatic.
I then tried Manual and Manual w/clutch. No success.
Unable to find a solution, I uninstalled FM7 and installed FM6 Apex instead.
The problem followed me there!
This leads me to believe that there was a change to shifting by error and it cannot be reset in-game.
The issues is that this error is now in the cloud data and, no matter how many times I uninstall/reinstall, it's always there.
I have submitted a ticket to FM, but would be grateful if someone can provide some clues, else it's money down the drain.
Many thanks.
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:41:19 AM(UTC)
If it's happening with 2 different games (FM7 and FM6 Apex), that would suggest it moght be an issue with your actual input device.

Can you go into the controller settings area and change the bindings for your Gear Up and Gear Down bindings - if you can't make those adjustments it is stating to point to a hardware issue.

Is there an independent device control panel you could use to check the inputs? e.g. for my Fanatec GT2 wheel, I can use the Fanatec control panel to verify the operation of the wheel.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:42:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:46:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SkiwiNV Go to Quoted Post
If it's happening with 2 different games (FM7 and FM6 Apex), that would suggest it moght be an issue with your actual input device.

Can you go into the controller settings area and change the bindings for your Gear Up and Gear Down bindings - if you can't make those adjustments it is stating to point to a hardware issue.

Is there an independent device control panel you could use to check the inputs? e.g. for my Fanatec GT2 wheel, I can use the Fanatec control panel to verify the operation of the wheel.

It was actually my controller. It was shutting down button by button, trigger by trigger.
Bought the XBox One X this morning, so no longer and issue :-D
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:05:26 PM(UTC)
X Box One X is a rather expensive replacement controller :-} - enjoy; let us know whether you notice any improvement vs your PC.

Sorry maybe I misread your response - did you just get a new Xbox One X controller? I was thinking you had bought an X Box One X console.

Edited by user Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:09:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error