Rank: C-Class Racing License
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 3:10:24 AM(UTC)
I've watched multiple people play with wheels at this point and they are all holding absurd amounts of speed on the corners. The difference between using a wheel and a controller is precision and accuracy that a controller cannot match. That is not holding more speed on a corner through more turning radius. Turn 10 you need to fix this because this is honestly unacceptable, it's not balanced, and it's not fair. I've seen then multiple times and suspected the person was cheating because their speed simply did not make sense, while there ARE some cheaters I simply took a step back and started observing and watching. It's easy to see who is using a wheel based off how smooth their lines are. A lot of the time they aren't even taking the best lines either or using all of the track yet still holding more speed than you when you exit a corner.

I'm not sure if this is known about, but I keep finding more and more things that just disappoint me about this game. Instead of fighting people with my cars, I feel like I'm fighting the games mechanics instead. That's not what racing games are supposed to be about.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 18, 2020 3:11:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 3:27:48 AM(UTC)
Here's a gameplay sample, just hop on walkins glen full and see if you can match these turning speeds with a controller. Not even talking about making mistakes etc, just the turning speed themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y4cLxxfaMk
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 8:10:49 AM(UTC)
What is it you propose anyone do about this, have a racing game not support steering wheels? They would be losing out on an entire demographic who strictly plays racing games because they can do so with a steering wheel. It seems some of the fastest people in the world use controllers, so it sounds like maybe you just need more practice.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#4 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 4:58:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Scrub88 Go to Quoted Post
What is it you propose anyone do about this, have a racing game not support steering wheels? They would be losing out on an entire demographic who strictly plays racing games because they can do so with a steering wheel. It seems some of the fastest people in the world use controllers, so it sounds like maybe you just need more practice.


Instead of flinging insults why don't you do as I asked and see if you can maintain the same speeds as he did in the renault around the corners. I don't know if this dude was cheating or not but he was clearly using a wheel and going 20 MPH faster than everyone else on each corner, he's not the only one I've seen doing this at all.

Also more practice? Use the alfa romeo in class B and beat my times. I have multiple top 1 times for non-rival events in the alfa. I'm pretty sure I practiced a hell of a lot to get as good as I am already,
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 6:22:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spity0y0mafia Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Scrub88 Go to Quoted Post
What is it you propose anyone do about this, have a racing game not support steering wheels? They would be losing out on an entire demographic who strictly plays racing games because they can do so with a steering wheel. It seems some of the fastest people in the world use controllers, so it sounds like maybe you just need more practice.


Instead of flinging insults why don't you do as I asked and see if you can maintain the same speeds as he did in the renault around the corners. I don't know if this dude was cheating or not but he was clearly using a wheel and going 20 MPH faster than everyone else on each corner, he's not the only one I've seen doing this at all.

Also more practice? Use the alfa romeo in class B and beat my times. I have multiple top 1 times for non-rival events in the alfa. I'm pretty sure I practiced a hell of a lot to get as good as I am already,


You’re going to have to be more specific I don’t even know what that means. Name a car, class, track and lap time. As the other guy said there may be a few cars or tracks that are slightly easier on a wheel but as a whole forza is heavily skewed towards pad users.

Edited by user Friday, March 20, 2020 6:23:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 8:36:51 PM(UTC)
SpityMafia, do you have a wheel yourself? Have you tried racing on a wheel as smoothly as you can on controller? Racing on a steering wheel is much, much harder than a controller, especially in a game like FM7 which is very arcade-y and designed from controller than games such as Assetto Corsa or Project Cars 2.

From experience I can tell you right now that it is one of the most difficult things to correct yourself after a slide or race incident bump on a wheel.

You Got That Angle? | FH4 Gallery
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 7:13:02 AM(UTC)
Just watch the video, it explains everything, I can tell y'all didn't even read my OP.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 3:45:02 PM(UTC)
Watched the video, while theres no way to know for sure if the player was using a wheel, I've raced with many fast people over the years who use controllers and am amazed with how smooth they are with it. The fastest players in forza do use controllers and they just have a natural talent along with a lot of practice to scrub as little speed as possible. But let's just say this person is using a wheel, like you said yourself in the description, wheels offer more precision so why get bent out of shape when someone can use that precision to their advantage on a track.
On long sweeping corners a wheel user should have an advantage over a pad because of the precision it offers, conversely on basically every other type of corner a pad user will have the advantage in forza. Wheels dont allow people to turn "more" than a controller, they simply allow someone to hold a percentage of wheel rotation better. So for instance if a particular turn calls for 90% wheel rotation it'd be pretty difficult for a controller user to guarentee they're doing so on a thumb stick with a half inch of travel, but some people can.

Theres not much that can be done about this for either side of this equation unfortunately. Theres no game that exists that has been able to balance both wheels and controllers perfectly. PC sims are aimed towards wheels where as console racers are aimed at controller users. There may be some who can adapt and use the less preferred input device, but for the most part it's easier to just play a game the way it was intended. There are some games like gt sport and f1 games that give wheel users an advantage when it comes to tire temp and wear to try and ease the advantages of the controller but even then it does little to subdue the superiority the controller has.

It's kind of funny to hear a controller user complain about something like this when its 99% of the time the wheel user who is at a disadvantage in these types of games and usually is the one complaining. Theres many things that can give someone an advantage in a racing game, whether it's the right car, the right tune, a little cut here, a little extend there or the right input device in this case. You're just going to have to accept it.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 5:55:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spity0y0mafia Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Scrub88 Go to Quoted Post
What is it you propose anyone do about this, have a racing game not support steering wheels? They would be losing out on an entire demographic who strictly plays racing games because they can do so with a steering wheel. It seems some of the fastest people in the world use controllers, so it sounds like maybe you just need more practice.


Instead of flinging insults why don't you do as I asked and see if you can maintain the same speeds as he did in the renault around the corners. I don't know if this dude was cheating or not but he was clearly using a wheel and going 20 MPH faster than everyone else on each corner , he's not the only one I've seen doing this at all.

Also more practice? Use the alfa romeo in class B and beat my times. I have multiple top 1 times for non-rival events in the alfa. I'm pretty sure I practiced a hell of a lot to get as good as I am already,



Alright, time to destroy this post without even going onto the game.

First thing you've failed to realize is that this guy has done over 2x the laps as anyone else in that lobby.

Secondly you don't seem to realize the types of cars these players are racing. Most of them are below X class ... so right there is a reason why this guy is going faster in turns.

Here's a video for you ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RuUp5MT3Uc it's a fun race between a F1 car, V8 supercar, and a Mercedes AMG C63. Imagine the C63 driver complaining about cornering speeds of the other cars.

Finally, I've went ahead and done the research concerning the only other X class car that I could see on your video.




.

#2 Indy car '19

Speed: 8.8

Handling 8.8

Acceleration 8.7

Brake 8.7


Renault R.S '17 " F1 car "

Speed: 8.1

Handling: 10

Acceleration: 10

Brake: 10



This isn't the first of your posts I have seen, so before you start telling me that you can see clearly .... you know what you are talking about .... or how you can tell what certain cars can and cannot do. Instead do what you claim to do and just admit someone is faster

Edited by user Sunday, March 22, 2020 6:06:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:52:08 AM(UTC)
I agree with silent0saint: from what we see in that video, the race car classes are all over the place. I would also expect the Renault R.S. `17 F1 car to have the best lap time. Just like in real life those cars are amazingly fast and offer immense acceleration power.

Also like im2fast4u711 explained: As a wheel user I can also confirm that playing with a wheel in Forza Motorsport 7 is a lot more difficult (and exhausting) because whenever you make a mistake and you lose control of your car, it's way more difficult to correct your car than doing that with a controller. Plus from my experience I couldn't quite tell why I was losing grip based on the game's force feedback. Most of the top Forza Motorsport players prefer to use a controller over a racing wheel.

Regarding the wheel having an advantage over the controller: this is definitely the case in some racing simulations. I can recommend this video by Super GT where he compares his wheel against the controller in Gran Turismo Sport. In GT Sport you have proper tire wear (more tire usage - less grip) and since you have smoother turning lines with a wheel the tire usage is lower resulting in better overall race times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO9pUw8eAYY
Rank: Racing Permit
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 8:12:26 AM(UTC)
😂😂😂😂
It’s a well known fact that the controller is far quicker all round as it compensates
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2020 4:19:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LOFT Blemished Go to Quoted Post
😂😂😂😂
It’s a well known fact that the controller is far quicker all round as it compensates



To be honest, I don't think this topic is about controller VS wheel .... it's more about someone being quicker than another and that other person is digging for excuses.

Notification

Icon
Error