#1 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 9:58:26 AM(UTC)
I wasnt around back in 2017, what everything did Turn10 said to do but never did? Im quite interested as i want to know whether we can trust them this time or not
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 9:02:01 AM(UTC)
This is an odd post, but it got me to click on it. I thought you had a list of all the things that they promised that had failed. There are quite a few of them it's not uncommon for software developers to do that. However I think there were quite a few more things than would be expected as normal in this game. For me the largest item was they said there was going to be this great integration with IMSA racing. And besides some Banners at the races there was basically nothing in-game. We never got most of the cars, there were no real events that I can remember, someone correct me if I'm wrong on that. Anyway that was disappointing as I am a big fan of that league and hearing that announcement seemed like a perfect fit for an American basic racing franchise. I'm sure they look at the numbers sometimes and just stop doing things, but an announcement that they had changed their mind would be fair to everyone instead of just not doing something that they'd previously announced. And that goes for all items that were on the docket that never made it.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 11:41:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KKDURAZZ Go to Quoted Post
This is an odd post, but it got me to click on it. I thought you had a list of all the things that they promised that had failed. There are quite a few of them it's not uncommon for software developers to do that. However I think there were quite a few more things than would be expected as normal in this game. For me the largest item was they said there was going to be this great integration with IMSA racing. And besides some Banners at the races there was basically nothing in-game. We never got most of the cars, there were no real events that I can remember, someone correct me if I'm wrong on that. Anyway that was disappointing as I am a big fan of that league and hearing that announcement seemed like a perfect fit for an American basic racing franchise. I'm sure they look at the numbers sometimes and just stop doing things, but an announcement that they had changed their mind would be fair to everyone instead of just not doing something that they'd previously announced. And that goes for all items that were on the docket that never made it.

full IMSA license was announced for FM8 way back in 2019
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 4:49:46 AM(UTC)
imo instead of asking this question you should ask a much different question since this game didn't deliver in the first place

you should be asking why this game did not deliver and why many good players have stopped playing altogether

but you can find out why by searching the forums because that is a very very long essay to type up from my findings

there aren't many of us left here from what I can see and forza is practically dead at this point, some are looking forward to FM8 but I'm not, I was given an incomplete product and tossed aside for the casuals, they don't even do any basic balancing in this game, it's a waste of my time to take it seriously.

Also I want to say that at least half the issues this game had alone could have been COMPLETELY avoided had custom lobbies not been removed from this game. I can guarantee you that if FM8 does not have custom lobbies that are public I'm pretty much never buying another Forza game ever again. If they can't take a hint then why bother when there are better games out there to play?

Edited by user Thursday, March 19, 2020 6:42:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 6:58:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spity0y0mafia Go to Quoted Post
imo instead of asking this question you should ask a much different question since this game didn't deliver in the first place

you should be asking why this game did not deliver and why many good players have stopped playing altogether

but you can find out why by searching the forums because that is a very very long essay to type up from my findings

there aren't many of us left here from what I can see and forza is practically dead at this point, some are looking forward to FM8 but I'm not, I was given an incomplete product and tossed aside for the casuals, they don't even do any basic balancing in this game, it's a waste of my time to take it seriously.

Also I want to say that at least half the issues this game had alone could have been COMPLETELY avoided had custom lobbies not been removed from this game. I can guarantee you that if FM8 does not have custom lobbies that are public I'm pretty much never buying another Forza game ever again. If they can't take a hint then why bother when there are better games out there to play?

If gran turismo was on PC id never touch forza again, why didnt FM7 deliver? Simple: it was rushed, REALLY rushed, to the point they removed rallycross and other features because there was no time, 7 is worse on every aspect than 6 or 4, FM8 has more dev time, T10 hires like crazy and its a launch game, so it HAS to be good, of course 7 bit the dust on launch already, and it only sold 2.5 mil over the whole 3 years, 8 might have even less sales because of distrust of people, but my question was, what exactly they promised but didnt deliver

Edited by user Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:00:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 11:04:11 AM(UTC)
They never "promised" anything. There were definitely some things that they said before release that didnt come to fruition, but these things were never promised. It's possible development of these things were halted due to the reception the game had and other things took priority, but know one will ever really know other than turn 10. In the long run these things would've meant nothing to me at least because I didnt like the direction 7 took in the first place. Hopefully they pick the right direction this time and dont need to spend a year plus reversing bad decisions.
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 11:15:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: im2fast4u711 Go to Quoted Post
They never "promised" anything. There were definitely some things that they said before release that didnt come to fruition, but these things were never promised. It's possible development of these things were halted due to the reception the game had and other things took priority, but know one will ever really know other than turn 10. In the long run these things would've meant nothing to me at least because I didnt like the direction 7 took in the first place. Hopefully they pick the right direction this time and dont need to spend a year plus reversing bad decisions.

as you know they said some details about FM8 already, good and all but will they fullfill the things theyve said they are working on? my main gripe about forza is just that every car feels the same, theyre using same old models, and have bad sounds, i wish forza did what GT does with cars where every one feels special and like the real thing, if this doesnt get adressed then no other gimmick will make me buy it
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 5:49:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WillMcNoob Go to Quoted Post

as you know they said some details about FM8 already, good and all but will they fullfill the things theyve said they are working on? my main gripe about forza is just that every car feels the same, theyre using same old models, and have bad sounds, i wish forza did what GT does with cars where every one feels special and like the real thing, if this doesnt get adressed then no other gimmick will make me buy it

Theres no way to know what they're working on until they show the game. I wouldn't doubt the things that have been specifically said already arent in the game, but not much has been said tbh. They are things under the hood that many wouldnt notice unless they were told which is something that has been done in the past by turn 10. I'm sure everyone has they're own preferences as to what they want to see in the next motorsport game, odds are mine are different then yours. All anyone can do is wait till more information is available to make an informed decision.

One of the things I didnt like about the months leading up to forza 7 was the lack of information. They had the demo, they talked about what was in the demo but they left out all the changes they had made from forza 6 that many people didnt want as well as not answering questions about racing rules and penalties etc. If this happens again I will not be buying motorsport 8 plain and simple.

This is not the type of game that info needs to be hidden to surprise people when they get the game, it's a racing game. What are the tracks, what kind of cars, are there race day options, is there going to be skill based matchmaking(something that was supposed to have been there since forza 5 which obviously isnt), has the penalty system improved, is there better implementation of tire wear and fuel usage, the list can go on and on. But everyone's list will be different which is the difficulty of making racing games.

I actually have the opposite opinion when it comes to gt sport, I think whether using a controller or a wheel the cars feel pretty much the same when taking into account the cars layout ie front engine rear wheel drive, front engine front wheel drive etc. I think forza does a better job in this regard with stock tunes, but in the long run cars in the same genre/layout will always feel similar.

I think gt sport has excelled in the competitive multiplayer racing
experience more than anything. The lighting is great and the sounds are better then they were but I certainly wouldnt say they're class leading. I still give forza the edge in the total package just for the sheer amount of content it has, but if its competitive multiplayer racing you want gt sport wins.

Back to the samey-ness of the cars, when you start modifying the cars with the same parts it just adds to these similarities. They all have the same race tires, same race brakes, same race transmission and suspension, the only differences being weight and power which tbh also usually equals out. I think modifications should be scaled back a bit which is what homologation was for, but I think it should only be used for race cars. I think the modification system should be a little more realistic, no ones going to awd swap a corvette or stick a lambo engine in a miata. I think a little restraint would go a long way to reduce some of the samey-ness, it will also keep the integrity of the base car.

For instance if we were able to transform stock 70s muscle cars into trans am race cars using specific modifications of the time I think that would be a little more appealing then what we have now, it would certainly be more realistic. It would allow for homolagated 70s muscle car racing while also allowing other people the option of doing whatever they want which is like it not what forza is known for and I dont think they should lose that, it's what makes forza unique, but like I said above a little restraint would be more fitting for a motorsport game where as horizon could continue on with the crazy builds.

1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 8:04:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WillMcNoob Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KKDURAZZ Go to Quoted Post

full IMSA license was announced for FM8 way back in 2019

This is what I'm referring to. It was discussed quite heavily not sure what you're talking about. My point remains valid.

https://forums.forzamoto...-Forza-Motorsport-7.aspx

#10 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 2:37:30 AM(UTC)
They never "promised" anything. There were definitely some things that they said before release that didnt come to fruition, but these things were never promised.

As a person who didn't follow every released detail of the game before release, I also would rather say that they didn't do any major promises which they didn't hold. To me it felt more like the game was over-hyped by Microsoft and their marketing. That's a pretty common thing, since the releases of No Man's Sky and Death Stranding where Sony marketing over-hyped those games. Also there weren't many new major changes compared to FM6 (many still say that Forza Motorsport 6 is a better game).

I am mostly a single player person so I cannot say much about the multiplayer part. From a single player perspective Forza Motorsport 7 seems like it's having an identity crisis. The game is packed with a ton of content, but that content seems meaningless after a while. It's nice to have 800+ vehicles but I'm having a hard time caring about most of the vehicles if they don't drive well or are not competitive enough. I didn't bother spending too much time with modifying cars because I bought the game for the racing part, not for the tuning part (I'm not a car mechanic).

Also the single player mode is structured in such a boring way: You choose a racing division/cup, drive 5-6 races with the same car, win/lose and move on to the next one (like ticking off check boxes). IMO the developers should take a look at Project CARS, where they have a race year calendar and you choose for each season on which championships you want to participate. They also have full race weekends with test runs, qualifying and the actual race (instead of just placing you in the middle of the pack like FM7 does).

My main issue with Forza Motorsport 7 is the racing wheel implementation. I only started playing FM7 in 2019 and by then the developers improved it so I cannot say how it felt before, but compared to Project CARS it didn't feel that good, responsive and authentic. In many cases whenever I lost grip or control of the car I couldn't tell why based on the force feedback on the wheel.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 1:52:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fejer Go to Quoted Post
They never "promised" anything. There were definitely some things that they said before release that didnt come to fruition, but these things were never promised.

As a person who didn't follow every released detail of the game before release, I also would rather say that they didn't do any major promises which they didn't hold. To me it felt more like the game was over-hyped by Microsoft and their marketing. That's a pretty common thing, since the releases of No Man's Sky and Death Stranding where Sony marketing over-hyped those games. Also there weren't many new major changes compared to FM6 (many still say that Forza Motorsport 6 is a better game).

I am mostly a single player person so I cannot say much about the multiplayer part. From a single player perspective Forza Motorsport 7 seems like it's having an identity crisis. The game is packed with a ton of content, but that content seems meaningless after a while. It's nice to have 800+ vehicles but I'm having a hard time caring about most of the vehicles if they don't drive well or are not competitive enough. I didn't bother spending too much time with modifying cars because I bought the game for the racing part, not for the tuning part (I'm not a car mechanic).

Also the single player mode is structured in such a boring way: You choose a racing division/cup, drive 5-6 races with the same car, win/lose and move on to the next one (like ticking off check boxes). IMO the developers should take a look at Project CARS, where they have a race year calendar and you choose for each season on which championships you want to participate. They also have full race weekends with test runs, qualifying and the actual race (instead of just placing you in the middle of the pack like FM7 does).

My main issue with Forza Motorsport 7 is the racing wheel implementation. I only started playing FM7 in 2019 and by then the developers improved it so I cannot say how it felt before, but compared to Project CARS it didn't feel that good, responsive and authentic. In many cases whenever I lost grip or control of the car I couldn't tell why based on the force feedback on the wheel.

Pretty much this, they have filled most promises they said they would, the problem is not promises but features.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 9:43:47 AM(UTC)
I was bummed that there was no expansion DLC for FM7, no tracks or anything besides the regular car packs and a few free monthly cars
 3 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 11:11:36 PM(UTC)
I am actually not only looking forward to FM8, can't wait for that game to be released, but this is only because I like to do achievements, fill my garage and tick off some boxes.

There is a lot of stuff that is open for improvement. The career mode alone is uninspired, bland and boring, the AI is more of a nuisance than an opponent. The saviour of this game is the amazing gameplay. I drive via controller, so leaves a lot of games in the dust where the controller just does not feel right. And the feeling to be on a track with many cars, hearing the car sounds, it is not the real thing, but it is the next best thing.

I am no pro driver though, but for them I would wish that they would actually try to balance the PI values, so that there are a lot of competitive cars.

I am wondering how the game would feel without tuning. I love the tuning part, but it makes the cars feel same-y, since every car is tuned to act the same. Maybe the game would have more character without tuning, but this would be a very,very risky move.

That they chose to release no DLC at all made me a bit sad. I would want more single player races and challenges put in after the release.
My favorite part of the game were the long distance races.

Let us see what they can do in the next installment. Public custom lobbies like in FM 4 would be an amazing feature to have. If they bring that back, the game is already 3 times better.
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 2:21:40 PM(UTC)
I don't know that they promised anything either, but what I know is that whenever Dan Greenawalt speaks, I listen. Last time he was on the "Forza Monthly" he spoked about (and I paraphrase) the "process". Turn 10 basically develops a way to be able to deliver a game within 2 years and once they have it right, they rinse and repeat. I'm pretty sure that's why FM5, FM6 and FM7 have basically been repetitions.

Turn 10 aren't dumb, they know ALL THE THINGS that we want. The question is, does it fit inside their process. Even if they take more time for this game (FM8), they are still, no matter what, building a new process that they want to be able to execute and repeat for the upcoming games. You might like it or not, the reality is, on Xbox, there is no alternative.

I was a bit disappointed with FM7 but I still play it more than Assetto Corsa, DiRT Rally, DiRT 4, DiRT Rally 2.0 and Project CARS 2 (to mention the realistic games only).
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 3:14:59 PM(UTC)
I'd be very happy if and when Turn 10 fix the multiplayer achievements for FM7. I don't own a gaming PC so I can't get those achievements.
#16 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2020 10:04:23 PM(UTC)
I guess they kind of half fulfilled their promise of IMSA content. They did throw in some old IMSA race cars, but I personally don’t enjoy driving the old cars. Somebody above said FM7 was rushed, which I agree with, or at the very least they failed in the quality control department as far as free play drivatars behavior is concerned. They also said FM8 is going to be a launch title so it should be better. I skipped FM5, but I do remember hearing a ton of complaints with that game, & it was a launch title. I just hope FM8 lives up to my expectations.

Notification

Icon
Error