2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 10:56:59 PM(UTC)
Do take the "in the rain" part of Springin' in the Rain as a hint and use a tune with all-season tires.
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2020 12:27:43 AM(UTC)
My S1 Aston did well, even in the rain, with race tires.
Also my Corvette in trial is fitted with vintage tires, so no problem with grip there.
I won all 3 evens, with something like 10 sec lead each (even tho I was DUI :) ), might also try and tune Lotus now.

One thing baffles me tho, why do such high level players join trial in stock cars, trail dead last and DNF every race?

Happened quite a few times so far.

Edit
Ow, one of those "special" accounts ...

Edited by user Friday, March 6, 2020 12:37:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#28 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2020 12:48:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Looking at the Meadows times, I clearly need a good Plymouth Cuda tune. Just used the Elan to go into 9th - 1 second ahead of Abell. Could probably hunt down the two above me fairly easily which would leave only 5 Cudas and Barcode in his 166MM ahead of me (the top 5 would be out of reach).

I’m using Rayne’s tune Bree.

Edit - found another second or so with a few more runs to move up to 7th.

Thanks Jezza, managed to edge ahead of your ghost with Rayne's tune, though I'm sure you can easily enough beat my new time, as your run was moments of brilliance interspersed with some obvious errors that you'd eliminate with more runs.
 2 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2020 1:04:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post
My S1 Aston did well, even in the rain, with race tires.
Also my Corvette in trial is fitted with vintage tires, so no problem with grip there.
I won all 3 evens, with something like 10 sec lead each (even tho I was DUI :) ), might also try and tune Lotus now.

One thing baffles me tho, why do such high level players join trial in stock cars, trail dead last and DNF every race?

Happened quite a few times so far.

Edit
Ow, one of those "special" accounts ...

Like to see how they explain that to Xbox and PG games.

It is impossible to get to level 8 in 1 day 9 hours without cheating.
#30 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2020 6:58:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

Thanks Jezza, managed to edge ahead of your ghost with Rayne's tune, though I'm sure you can easily enough beat my new time, as your run was moments of brilliance interspersed with some obvious errors that you'd eliminate with more runs.

Yes, it certainly wasn’t perfect! Lost quite a lot of time in a few places. Makes me think the slowest of the Cudas might be catchable, a second or so ahead, but I think I’ll leave that one for now!

#31 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2020 7:10:05 AM(UTC)
S2 Dirt for extra Zenvo. Yawn.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#32 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2020 7:36:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
S2 Dirt for extra Zenvo. Yawn.

I didn't need the Zenvo, but the dirt race was great fun anyway!
 3 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2020 2:16:44 PM(UTC)
I am usually happy to come in 2nd or 3rd place in the Trial races, so imagine how excited I was last night to get 1900 points across the three races. That's right, two firsts and a third which was very nearly a second. I got placed on a great team as well where we took the top 3 places in all races.
#34 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2020 2:37:22 PM(UTC)
Hello,

Why isn't the Koenigsegg CCX able to be used for the Flight of the Valkyries event? I tuned it up to 998 and it says I have to buy an eligible car. I even tried to put rally tires on it which knocked it down to 986 and I still can't use it. It is a sweedish car.

Thanks,
Chuck
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2020 4:42:27 PM(UTC)
Hi all,

Cars/tunes/suggestions for this weeks online events, for those looking for such. All tunes are my own, all shared. ~ tune name / share code.

**Trial: "Classic Sport Cup" | Road Racing | (B700) Classic Sports Cars
**Car used: 1980 Fiat 124 Sport Spider (Autoshow 25,000 Cr)
**Tune: B700 Classic / 164 248 412

Something to be said for not tuning a car for the trial, of the six of us racing, three were tuned, these three were 1, 2, 3 on each race, while the untuned were last, or near last. For the trial I achieved a 1st, 1st, and 2nd, beaten by another Spider on the last race (they were 2nd in the first two races). Tune is AWD, turbo, with Forza air, running vintage tires (same spec as 'street' tires, different look).

**Seasonal Playground Games | Mortimer Gardens | (A800) Offroad
**Car used: 1976 Jeep CJ5 Renegade (Autoshow 60,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 Games / 158 654 870

The games started 3 v 2 (I was on the 2 team), lost the first section, became 2 v 2 (yes, someone on the current 'winning' team left, or was kicked), we won the next three sections of the games, the event as a whole was very close, was a great games event for once! About the tune, swapped for 6.2L V8, upgraded tires. Very quick for the size of the event area, quicker than those I was matched against, edge of your set handling at high speed, watch for double bumps, as very light weight (808kg / 1781lbs), so can roll easily (does often return to its wheels, before reset however).

Cheers.
#36 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2020 6:58:09 PM(UTC)
This seasonal playground games event was the most frustrating I dealt with, really because all but 1 other player on my team left not once or twice, but 7 times in a row, and usually after we lose the first round, making 1 vs 6 or 2 vs 6. Thankfully I found a good team and won the event, despite so many headaches.
At least the trial event wasn't as bad, though I could've made my '71 Skyline faster but made it more-so for grip while having decent top end, but finishing 2nd in most of the races behind another player in a Fiat Spider was alright, although i gave em a run for their money. But one thing about the trial races that still irk me to this day, is the way your car's handling would wig out whenever you try to pass a drivatar but make just slight contact in the process (i know it's lag related, but it's annoying)
LCE VIP: FM3, FM4, FH, FM5

FM6 Designs | FH3 Designs | FM7 Designs
#37 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2020 2:01:39 AM(UTC)
speed i agree.
handlign was all over the place in trail. it was so bad even the ai where going all over the place.

i have a feeling this one will be bad to do. compare to last weeks....
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2020 6:56:12 AM(UTC)
The TRIAL was completed in a single event. The AI were overwhelmed by the team I was with and we won all three events.
The first event, we had two members finish last and it appeared they quit early. One AI finished with points at the end.

The last two events were a piece-of-cake whereby three of us played for the lead winning through the rest of racing events.

I raced with the 1958 Austin-Healey Sprite MKI and was a podium finish each time. I greatly enjoyed the Trial event.

The Sprite MKI was fantastic with a great tune from Valorster, (352 799 183), that you should try.

BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
Microsoft Xbox Series X
 2 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2020 8:22:12 AM(UTC)
No new cars this week so no reason to do chores I guess. lol My garage is practically full from all the new cars coming out anyway (and I only have a few duplicates) so anything I win at this point has to be deleted. They'll have to up the garage count soon if they keep adding new cars or owning 1 of every car won't be a possibility. I guess we can just delete some of the cheaper regular cars that can be easily bought anyway.
#40 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2020 4:45:20 PM(UTC)
Daily Challenge - Smoothie (1 x Ultimate Drafting Skill)
Just created a Custom Route if you're having trouble getting one in a race, try 108 406 283. It is a bit long but should provide enough distance for all skill levels to get it done.

Edited by user Saturday, March 7, 2020 4:46:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Details

HSV
I just want one!
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2020 9:18:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
No new cars this week so no reason to do chores I guess. lol My garage is practically full from all the new cars coming out anyway (and I only have a few duplicates) so anything I win at this point has to be deleted. They'll have to up the garage count soon if they keep adding new cars or owning 1 of every car won't be a possibility. I guess we can just delete some of the cheaper regular cars that can be easily bought anyway.

I feel this. I’m sitting around 690 with only a few duplicates of cars I’ve gotten through special means(contest, gifts from PG, stories), so depending on how many more cars they’re going to add I’ll have to go through and delete some duplicates or get rid of low cost cars, neither of which I should have to do. I feel like a lot of players are approaching the limit again.
 2 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2020 5:05:15 AM(UTC)
For players who need help: Percents, Tunes and Rewards:
Festival Playlist Events SPRING: Until 12/03/20 - SERIES19

TUNES:
Pause Menu, Event Activations, or Creative Hub. You can use this code to get to a specific Event Blueprint quickly, and easily.
Code Share Codes Event Blueprints - Forzathon: Chapter 2 in 6 seconds

CODE RACE BMW 1 SERIES M COUPE 2011: 137 275 344
CODE TUNE BMW 1 SERIES M COUPE 2011: 574 692 432
CODE TUNE ASTON MARTIN DB4 GT ZAGATO 1960: 411 541 484 ou 440 193 205
CODE TUNE LOTUS ELAN SPRINT 1971: 906 352 666
CODE TUNE FORD RANGER RAPTOR 2019: 181 651 625
CODE TUNE PORSCHE SPYDER 918 2014: 144 611 806
CODE TUNE MOSLER MT900S 2010: 187 290 668
CODE TUNE ASTON MARTIN DB11 2017: 962 210 921
CODE TUNE VOLKSWAGEN GOLF R32 2003: 425 524 877
CODE TUNE LEGO SPEED CHAMPIONS FERRARI F40 COMPETIZIONE 1987: 145 341 843
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2020 7:27:30 PM(UTC)
Hi all,

Cars/tunes/suggestions for this weeks seasonal events, for those looking for such. All tunes are my own, unless otherwise noted, all shared by myself (or others). ~ tune name / share code.

Originally Posted by: WangKeRui Go to Quoted Post

**Trial: "Classic Sport Cup" | Road Racing | (B700) Classic Sports Cars
**Car used: 1980 Fiat 124 Sport Spider (Autoshow 25,000 Cr)
**Tune: B700 Classic / 164 248 412

... Tune is AWD, turbo, with Forza air, running vintage tires (same spec as 'street' tires, different look).

**Seasonal Playground Games | Mortimer Gardens | (A800) Offroad
**Car used: 1976 Jeep CJ5 Renegade (Autoshow 60,000 Cr)
**Tune: A800 Games / 158 654 870

... About the tune, swapped for 6.2L V8, upgraded tires. Very quick for the size of the event area, quicker than those I was matched against, edge of your set handling at high speed, watch for double bumps, as very light weight (808kg / 1781lbs), so can roll easily (does often return to its wheels, before reset however).

This is the rest, sorry for the delay if anyone was waiting - have the flu, no, not that one.

PR stunts:
-Sudmoss speed Zone, 2018 McLaren Senna - 'So Much Grip' (921 240 335) by Don Joewon Song,
-Deep Vale Speed Trap, 2019 Rimac Concept Two, rally tires, no tune,
-Whitewater Falls Danger Sign, 2019 Rimac Concept Two, rally tires, no tune.

Solo championships - Raced against Expert, Steering: Simulation, ABS: on, Traction/Stability; Off, Gearbox: Auto.

**Championship: "Springin' In the Rain" | Street Scene | (S1 900) Super GT
**Car used:2012 Aston Martin Vanquish (Autoshow 348,000 Cr)
**Tune: S900 Road / 121 219 204

Tune is AWD swap, with forza air, and twin turbos. Good grip in the rain in these events, plenty fast enough against the A.I. Has good grip, but tracks are wet, driving line (if used) does not correctly reflect corner danger (yellow - red).

**Championship: "Volkswagen Cup" | Road Racing | (B700) Volkswagen
**Car used: 1963 Volkswagen Beetle (Autoshow 20,000 Cr)
**Tune: B700 Road Grip / 157 374 240

Volkswagen cup, has to be the Beetle, if it can be made to work - and it can. The challenge circuit is 'Bamburgh Coast Circuit' due to the long straight, up hill, towards the start/finish line, the rest of the tracks are far less of an issue for the tune. The tune wins on grip, in fact in the sprint race, it is only necessary to back off the accelerator in a few corners, coast, and back on to the accelerator, no braking at all. Opponents will out launch, and out accelerate you, plus top speed is not great, however corners are your win, take them at high speed and you will catch everything (on expert difficulty at least, below should be easier, higher maybe difficult to not possible). RWD, with turbo and Forza air.

**Championship: "Flight of the Valkyries" | Dirt Racing | (S2 998) Sweden or Denmark
**Car used: 2015 Volvo V60 Polestar (Autoshow 62,000 Cr)
**Tune: S2 Dirt Rally / 540 111 848

S2 in the dirt is just insane. S2 using a hypercar (or a truck for that matter) is not only insane, it is completely unrealistic, so I didn't use one. S2 here is basically Group B rally from the 80's before it was banned, and this car/tune certainly handles and behaves like I imagine a Group B would feel - any feeling of having control is an illusion! Having said all that, this tune will beat the A.I. without any issues. Use a light touch, a little bit goes a long way here, this car will do hypercar speeds, and does accelerate like a hypercar, but none of that is needed on the tracks in this championship. Tune is 6.2L V8 swapped, with supercharger, Forza air (at max) running rally tires as you would expect.

Have fun, cheers.
#44 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 3:23:11 AM(UTC)
The three championships were interesting this week. I used:

03 Golf (ZiperrPL tune) - I think he initially tuned this for a dirt event but it’s more than adequate to beat the drivatars.

AM One-77 - this is a pretty decent S1 dirt car which I sometimes use for ranked. I have Sprungboss’s tune on mine but I don’t think that will be available anymore. It grips fantastically on the wet street races and worth trying a few dirt/wet tunes for it if you are struggling to cope with the conditions.

Koenigsegg CCGT - a top tier S2 car which functions very well with dirt tyres. Best to avoid the water where you can but was very comfortable on the dirt. I can’t recall the tune I used but can confirm if anyone wants to try it.
#45 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 4:03:00 PM(UTC)
I almost didn't bother doing any of the Championships this week, because after trying to get cars that by description should have worked into "Flight of the Valkyries", I gave up on Thursday. Then, when I fired the game on Friday on my PC, the combo of my graphics card driver updating and the weekly optimization causing my frame rate to suddenly 'optimize' to 'stuttering potato', I gave up for the weekend. Came back at it with a clear head today and got the Championships finally done, and will get to the Trial and PGG if I feel like it. Anyway, on to the Championships:

Championship: "Springin' In the Rain"
Car Used: 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Tune: Flugplatz - 166 558 606

For the record, I am an Indianapolis guy. (Figuratively, for the Indy 500 and literally since I live near Indianapolis) That being said, driving in the rain is normally NOT my bag. I actually only won the first race and came second in the other two. I did all three Championships today in reverse order, so I did this one last. And I was feeling myself getting frustrated. I usually like street racing, but not in the rain. Since the 1-2-2 finish got me a win, I just let it slide at that.

Car still handled well, markedly better than the AM V12 Vantage S I was going to use with a DJS tune.

Championship: "Volkswagen Cup"
Car Used: 1983 Volkswagen Golf GTI
Tune: Bogey - 142 613 139

This was a fun set of races. I went with the '83 GTI in an attempt to be both cheap and cheeky. It's another one of those "Not the best top speed, but it can beat you in a corner" car. Which is what I was going for. It was good to be able to coast through some corners and not have to brake for them.

Championship: "Flight of the Valkyries"
Car Used: 2011 Koenigsegg Agera (DLC alternate: LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari F40 Competizione)
Tune: Dirty Egg - 163 802 663 (DLC alternate: 'Seasonal' by Sir DJ Bullet - 648 151 443)

This race nearly did me in. Tried all the Volvos, and I couldn't get a decent tune. Gave up and did my first race in the Lego F40, which I had pre-tuned a long time ago. After the first race, I realized I should do something for those without the Lego DLC. So I looked at my 'eggs and went with the cheapest one I had. Even with a rally tune, the Agera was squirrely as all get-out. But I was able to keep enough control to get the win in the other two races. It did wear me down somewhat.
#46 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 7:19:53 PM(UTC)
lego buggati and last tune that was used in champ . work very well
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error