4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 2:13:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StatelyPurse8 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

There is no rule regarding quitting Trial by exiting the event but slowing down / stopping and purposely giving Drivatar team points, is effectively same as hindering them by ramming. And you talk about how you don't need to do this to begin with because you have everything or you don't care.

There is one player type I don't like, it's player who drives the prize car and rams every other player, so other won't get that prize car. Happens rarely but I have seen it happen couple of times. And now you are here touting here how you are sabotaging other players race, even though not actively being aggressive, but effectively making other players lose because you don't like they way they play the game according to some sort of "moral rules" that PG have nothing to do with, thing that exist just in your heads?

You wrote your own admission and I do hope that PG investigates this. Do you have any damn idea what kind of door you are opening to all sorts trolls and grievers if this kind of behaviour is let to spread? Club, convoy, invite, appeal to some sort of moral code, that's all it would take.

What are you thinking? Are you thinking?
Reading this sudden debate on wallriding in Trials reminds me of a story that happened in fourth grade Spanish class. Maybe sharing a non-Forza example might help put things into context.

So in my Spanish class, we were playing this team game where one person from each team would pick up pictures scattered around the classroom and match them to words. One of my teammates was whispering answers to the guy who was currently up. The teacher heard it and asked if she should take off points from my team. I agreed even though the whisperer was on my team because that was cheating.

It's been established that wallriding is cheap and dirty not just for Forza but for any racing game, hence Playground Games patching it. While I won't blow a gasket or deliberately sabotage my team for driving dirty, I also won't show any gratitude if we got carried by someone's wallriding.

I got what you meant from your original post just fine and if this would be FM7 I would maybe add, that wall riding, when not executed well, leading car bouncing back on track, can ruin that race for many players. But this is not FM7, this is not "losers who were moral victors" championship or Spanish class, this is Horizon Trial. But as you don't sabotage other players game, ruin some 12 years old chance to get whatever car, I don't care.

I had very good streak giving sometimes 10 or so efforts to Trial every week few months. Some events didn't had appeal for me to do repeats but then there was fun event again and weeks went by with not a single trial lost. There were close calls, 50 points wins, but no losses.

I actually tend to race pretty clean what comes to wall riding but it has nothing to do with morals. I'm not good executing that maneuver and so faster if I don't do that. What comes to ramming, I rarely do that again, because I'm not very good at that. I have couple of times witnessed good rammer, it was surreal, bouncing three Drivatar cars around and thanks to that we were victorious. As much I hate that stuff in PvP, here it worked and I take good rammer in my team any day, players who rarely see podium places because they are behind taking care that rest of the Blue team is home free. I have developed some sniping skills though wide bends that allow team mates pass if I take some Drivatar to wall and stuff like that.

Only moral things are that I pay attention to my own driving first, I contribute points to my team, help them by any dang mean possible. I don't care if you are 12 if you are 20, or 70. Man, woman, something between, I don't care, politics I don't care. Ram if it's red, wall ride for all I care if you are good enough not get gimped by that move, block Red team, whatever Red team, I don't care.
Win the Trial, that's all the game there is. And while it may sound hard core, actually I'm often listening to music via Spotify (not on S2 though) while racing, getting podiums, so even though it's much like chilling, its never at expense of Blue team. Cry bitter tears after the race because it was won "wrong way" I don't care. Sabotage, here comes the report button.

I don't have much time for this game anymore and play repeats on Trial, but if by you happen to see me in player list, perhaps you want to find another session. Because race about the start may not be a kind of experience you are looking for. Just FYI.

Edited by user Monday, February 24, 2020 2:15:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#77 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:19:08 PM(UTC)
i finale got timed lego race to show up. i finish it last night....
#78 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:45:29 PM(UTC)
I don't wallride in the Trial, but don't mind if my teammates do, provided they don't do it clumsily and hit teammates. As far as I'm concerned, wallriding is legal in the Trial, because PG has anti-wallriding code for online adventure, and they have, presumably totally intentionally, not used it for the Trial. So it's not cheating or dirty to wallride in the Trial, because PG has chosen to permit it when it would be very easy for them to prevent it if they wanted.
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:10:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Having a grievance for a player, and then taking it out on the whole team can be judged by evolution which we are a part of. A species that hinders the survival of the fittest due to grievance would go extinct. These games exist, because we are following the rules of evolution, and we enjoy the games, because our brains are in tune with evolution, we want to become the best at a game, because we want to exist as the 'fittest'.

Most of psychology comes from nature, and so you can judge it from nature. the ruling of this situation to punish the team goes against nature, and so it is wrong.

I think some people are not reading the post quite correctly.

I did not say i do this all the time. I said i did it when the team was left with the players who were causing grief.

Some ppl posting think it's unfair to those players, well i don't and i couldn't care less for them. If they want to ruin others chances of a fair and clean win then they deserve everything they get.

That includes players like me deliberatly quitting/handing the race to the AI so as to teach these idiots a lesson in gameplay sportmanship.

The only players affected in my circumstances were the players who caused trouble, everyone else quit way beforehand because of those players actions.

I see nothing wrong with it at all. I'm actually quite bemused that some are defending bad players and their actions, what they don't realise is that it makes me more determined not to gift bad players a win.

You cannot force another player to continue playing with and for other bad (and just downright nasty) players.

Any situation in real life where people were acting against the group would result in that person being ostracised. No good has ever come from anything where an individual (or group) has actively sought to sabotage the efforts of others within the group.
#80 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:34:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
Having a grievance for a player, and then taking it out on the whole team can be judged by evolution which we are a part of. A species that hinders the survival of the fittest due to grievance would go extinct. These games exist, because we are following the rules of evolution, and we enjoy the games, because our brains are in tune with evolution, we want to become the best at a game, because we want to exist as the 'fittest'.

Most of psychology comes from nature, and so you can judge it from nature. the ruling of this situation to punish the team goes against nature, and so it is wrong.

I did not say i do this all the time. I said i did it when the team was left with the players who were causing grief.

Some ppl posting think it's unfair to those players, well i don't and i couldn't care less for them. If they want to ruin others chances of a fair and clean win then they deserve everything they get.

That includes players like me deliberatly quitting/handing the race to the AI so as to teach these idiots a lesson in gameplay sportmanship.

The only players affected in my circumstances were the players who caused trouble, everyone else quit way beforehand because of those players actions.

I see nothing wrong with it at all. I'm actually quite bemused that some are defending bad players and their actions, what they don't realise is that it makes me more determined not to gift bad players a win.

You cannot force another player to continue playing with and for other bad (and just downright nasty) players.

Any situation in real life where people were acting against the group would result in that person being ostracised. No good has ever come from anything where an individual (or group) has actively sought to sabotage the efforts of others within the group.

I haven't had this experience in a trial race so far, it's hard to imagine that all of the remaining players were doing that.
#81 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 6:38:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post

I haven't had this experience in a trial race so far, it's hard to imagine that all of the remaining players were doing that.

Myself and the remaining two (who i suspect were deliberately being idiots and knew each other), all other players had left before we even got a third of the way into race 2 (we started with 6).

1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 11:46:51 PM(UTC)
I'm sure the Playlist Tickers and OCD people could care less if they have wallrider teammates or have to carry a bunch of leeches, just as long as they get their precious percentage points and don't have to repeat it again.

But not everyone is one of those types. There are people who play Trials out of pure enjoyment for the mode and that's okay too. Wallriding and ramming is just as bad in Trials as it is in PVP, These people shouldn't have to put up with such dirty tricks that ruin the fun of the game mode. And as I said in a previous post, cheating AI is not an excuse. Unbeatable AI really isn't that difficult to beat and if you can't pass them cleanly, time for you to git gud.

That being said, no one is asking for the idiots (on the chance that one of them stumbles upon this post) to be Grandma Driving levels of good. Just be decent enough to know what brakes are and don't ram. That's all.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 26, 2020 11:48:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#83 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 12:51:15 AM(UTC)
I did 20+ trial runs in various cars this week - liked this track/car/class combination. Quitted three of them because of rammers.
If someone wallrides I usually just spam "nice driving" and carry on, but if I am rammed more than once by someone who use walls/other cars as brakes I just lose my mood for racing.
Even I sometimes use wallride - if drivatars are OP.

My typical trial looks like this:
First race: Trying my best and watching how my teammates are doing. Blocking drivatars if needed.
Second race: If I have decent teammates I just race to finish line. If they struggled in 1st race "blocking drivatars" comes to play again.
Third race: Racing to finish line. If I already won trial, I just stop before finish line and spam "bye" while my teammates are passing by and then quit.

PS. Two times got honked by my teammates when they passed me by at finish line . Liked this :)
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 1:15:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
I don't wallride in the Trial, but don't mind if my teammates do, provided they don't do it clumsily and hit teammates. As far as I'm concerned, wallriding is legal in the Trial, because PG has anti-wallriding code for online adventure, and they have, presumably totally intentionally, not used it for the Trial. So it's not cheating or dirty to wallride in the Trial, because PG has chosen to permit it when it would be very easy for them to prevent it if they wanted.

People only complain about wallriding in PvP. In PvE modes such as Trial or Co-Op seasonals, wallriding doesn't hurt anybody. You're even supposed to take the AI racers out if necessary.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#85 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 9:18:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

People only complain about wallriding in PvP. In PvE modes such as Trial or Co-Op seasonals, wallriding doesn't hurt anybody. You're even supposed to take the AI racers out if necessary.

Even in PvP benefit of wallriding was situational, not every route was suitable for that. I was never able to do that but I saw it happen and on certain routes it was almost unreal, like watching someone taking a curve like in sped up film. Okay technically it was a skill I supposes, but it made skill requirements to be competitive really unconventional, I think for most players and I'm glad it's gone from PvP.

For Trial, according to game stats I have 120+ Trials completed but I have just very few faint memories anybody doing that stunt successfully at level of what I saw in PvP. What I have seen a lot if players glancing walls but here's the problem, for my experience racing clean tends to be faster. I admit I'm not an expert but I used to get quite a lot of podiums and players who on purpose or accidentally hit the walls, maybe their chances to get to the podium was also a bit of hit and miss. The most curious thing is though, that there are really fast and good players, sometimes someone shows up in car with most ridiculous livery, with most ridiculous drivatars, wins with many seconds over both Blue team and Drivatar team in every race and leaves LOL. When I'm holding second position, only time when I'm gaining (with handling build) is if they hit the wall. And I think that happens just because of compromise for speed vs. handling.

So I'm not sure what interpretation of wallriding is used here.

What I'm sure though is, that it would be the best interest of majority of all players, old and new, that developers and only developers make the rules.
#86 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 9:30:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sharky Reynolds Go to Quoted Post
Getting three stars on any speed zone of your choosing isn't too much to ask for, even for a Bugatti Chiron. However, of all the challenges to force on a Bugatti Chiron, getting three stars on the Strathbridge Speed Zone (a Speed Zone full of corners) is just idiotic. It may be one of the fastest cars in the world, but even fully upgraded handles turns about as well as a bus. Whoever came up with that idea, please demote them to oral sanitation of the building's toilets. Frankly, it would be best to never create challenges that require getting three stars in a specific speed zone using a only specific car in the future.

I've pretty much given up on that challenge. The car just slows down for some reason at the last turn even though it's downhill and I'm at full throttle. Tried every tune there was and after about 2.5 hours of pure rage and frustration I just gave up. I only play what's necessary to get the new cars anyway and I don't need forza points so badly that I'm willing to put up with that kind of garbage.

I guess I should have posted this several days ago, but I don't consider myself some super solid player that others can try to emulate. I did this on just a few tries. If you want you can check my tune (I know it is over now, but just to do it or for if they repeat this). Anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geNFHiTtVbI

That was, I think the 4th try? I don't think I am super awesome by any means, but I don't think that was a rough challenge. Unless I am missing something here...
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error