4 Pages1234PrevNext
Rank: Driver's License
 2 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 8:40:28 PM(UTC)
I decided (like a lot of people, apparently) that since the Trial was S1 AWD and one of the championships was S1 Nissan to make an S1 AWD Nissan and use it for both. Where I differed is I went for the '12 Nissan GT R Black. Used my own Vanta tune (105 980 971), and it worked well for both. Only niggle I had was I still had the stock tires on it so it felt a little loose in the championship at times. Since I have an excess of credits at the moment, I might buy and build another one (or two... maybe three...) and throw them into the Auction House at a very low price to help share the love.

As for the weekly with the Chiron, I can't help with a good tune. I can, however, help with a couple quick races to get the 4 Road Racing events.

For those who want to do it quickly:
480 247 062 - Ambleside Chiron Cup
-Shortest circuit I could make at 0.4 miles. 5 laps of nothing but regular and Lego Chirons turning right in a circle.

For those who want to do it quickly AND make the Drivatars be stupid:
180 860 101 - Cheeky Chiron Cup
-Actually a little shorter distance wise and at 3 laps, BUT it involves the alley way between the roads. The Drivatars will turn LEFT at the end of the alley and freak out because shenanigans with the race line. Also as a bit of a heads-up, the 11th place car if you're driving on Unbeatable will try to turn into you at the start of the race because it thinks it's off-track.

Using my being a general jerk to the Drivatars, I also made a bit of a sprint starting at the Elmsdon on Sea spot to allow for a completely clear freeway:
752 995 913 - M68 Test Strip

A bit of a heads-up for human drivers: turn RIGHT towards the first checkpoint on the roundabout and generally ignore the racing line starting at the first 'crossover point'. Checkpoints are set up so you can go all the way up the M68, turn around, and come back while the Drivatars get confused with pointless tight turns, crossovers, and offramps that aren't needed. I made it just in case people were having trouble hitting 261 mph / 420 km/h due to traffic.

Doing the Playground Games, I decided to be a bit different and built up the HDT Commodore. This turned out to be a BAD idea, as it bogged down pretty bad in the sand. Doubly so when slowed down in King. Couldn't get it up past 10 mph for a while. Got lucky and the opposing team either lagged out or quit.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#52 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 9:23:00 PM(UTC)
I really like this seasons homage to Bugatti, especially the Forzathon event “For Louis.” Always been a fan since I had the Hot Wheels 32 as a kid so it was nice to see that.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#53 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 11:17:05 PM(UTC)
Getting three stars on any speed zone of your choosing isn't too much to ask for, even for a Bugatti Chiron. However, of all the challenges to force on a Bugatti Chiron, getting three stars on the Strathbridge Speed Zone (a Speed Zone full of corners) is just idiotic. It may be one of the fastest cars in the world, but even fully upgraded handles turns about as well as a bus. Whoever came up with that idea, please demote them to oral sanitation of the building's toilets. Frankly, it would be best to never create challenges that require getting three stars in a specific speed zone using a only specific car in the future.

Edited by user Saturday, February 22, 2020 11:25:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#54 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 11:46:54 PM(UTC)
drunk i had a lag win on pgg . so happy. now i dont need to spend a week trying to win it.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 11:55:14 PM(UTC)
Yeah, the speed zone is PITA, my last to 3 star, but tbh I was surprised that Chirion did it on first try.
I max tuned the car for speed (that 420kph), so aero was turned down somewhat, some minor adjustments to suspension, but still had some grip.

First I did try to download some tunes, but that just wasn't what I prefer - many turn cars into drift machines, where there should be grip.
I drive with keyboard and prefer grip, so sometimes downloaded tunes just don't cut it. In that case I try and come with my own.

So in the end I do love it when everything is done in a blink of an eye, but sometimes, just sometimes its fun to put some thinking and effort into doing things.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#56 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 4:42:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, the speed zone is PITA, my last to 3 star, but tbh I was surprised that Chirion did it on first try.
I max tuned the car for speed (that 420kph), so aero was turned down somewhat, some minor adjustments to suspension, but still had some grip.

First I did try to download some tunes, but that just wasn't what I prefer - many turn cars into drift machines, where there should be grip.
I drive with keyboard and prefer grip, so sometimes downloaded tunes just don't cut it. In that case I try and come with my own.

So in the end I do love it when everything is done in a blink of an eye, but sometimes, just sometimes its fun to put some thinking and effort into doing things.


+1
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#57 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 12:05:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DrunkenGator Go to Quoted Post

Doing the Playground Games, I decided to be a bit different and built up the HDT Commodore. This turned out to be a BAD idea, as it bogged down pretty bad in the sand. Doubly so when slowed down in King. Couldn't get it up past 10 mph for a while. Got lucky and the opposing team either lagged out or quit.


I had opposite experience with HDT Commodore. I don't remember for sure but I think I didn't wasted much PI to tyres, perhaps made stocks a bit wider. Perhaps that might be it?

Won event on first try. We were 5 in Blue vs 6 in Red but it was actually very good game. Even we won first 2 rounds straight Infected and King, players in opposing team didn't started to quit before round 2 was closing and it was clear they weren't going to win. One diehard player in opposing team kept trying on capture the flag that was next. I was just guarding goal as we were defenders on first round, somebody has to, but I admire that attitude. Sometimes you can tell, not very high level player playing pretty good game, learning the map and its tricks.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#58 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 2:53:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
I used to do the Trial numerous times to help others but of late i've stopped.

Firstly i hate wallriders and there seem to be a lot of them and secondly the "i'll just ram you" idiots top it for me.

I've said it once before and i'll say it again.

The Trial should have the same penalties apply as in other non- Trial races ie: wallriders get a slowdown penalty and rammers get a slowdown penalty.

I like to race clean and i'm sure others do as well but it just ruins it competitively when below average drivers do the above.

It's getting to a point where i have deliberately thrown races when the majority race dirty. Nothing gets under my skin more than someone else profiting of your clean skills whilst they show absolutely no respect back.

BTW - before someone quotes rules, there is nothing under the rules that says i should help dirty drivers win a race.


My first try yesterday, my team was like that. I could have dragged the team to a win but I just stopped and made us lose, because it was all the other players deserved. I would rather lose than help people like that too. I don't need the reward car or the credits, I play for enjoyment, not to help people who don't deserve it.


I first thought this thinking was backwards but now I can see the justification. For guys like you, it just feels like a hollow win when players get their points from dirty tricks. It's like being on a football/soccer team and winning the championship because your teammates took steroids. Not much of a victory there, is it?

At the expense of sounding like a "no fun allowed" guy, the Trial is supposed to be a challenge where you use your best racing skills and ability to outrace the unbeatable AI. It's like the creme de la creme of Festival Playlist events. And no, the AI pulling cheap stuff at times is not an excuse. Unbeatable AI isn't that difficult to beat with practice and dedication. If you can't pass and beat unbeatables cleanly, time for you to git gud.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#59 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 6:16:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
I used to do the Trial numerous times to help others but of late i've stopped.

Firstly i hate wallriders and there seem to be a lot of them and secondly the "i'll just ram you" idiots top it for me.

I've said it once before and i'll say it again.

The Trial should have the same penalties apply as in other non- Trial races ie: wallriders get a slowdown penalty and rammers get a slowdown penalty.

I like to race clean and i'm sure others do as well but it just ruins it competitively when below average drivers do the above.

It's getting to a point where i have deliberately thrown races when the majority race dirty. Nothing gets under my skin more than someone else profiting of your clean skills whilst they show absolutely no respect back.

BTW - before someone quotes rules, there is nothing under the rules that says i should help dirty drivers win a race.


My first try yesterday, my team was like that. I could have dragged the team to a win but I just stopped and made us lose, because it was all the other players deserved. I would rather lose than help people like that too. I don't need the reward car or the credits, I play for enjoyment, not to help people who don't deserve it.


There is no rule regarding quitting Trial by exiting the event but slowing down / stopping and purposely giving Drivatar team points, is effectively same as hindering them by ramming. And you talk about how you don't need to do this to begin with because you have everything or you don't care.

There is one player type I don't like, it's player who drives the prize car and rams every other player, so other won't get that prize car. Happens rarely but I have seen it happen couple of times. And now you are here touting here how you are sabotaging other players race, even though not actively being aggressive, but effectively making other players lose because you don't like they way they play the game according to some sort of "moral rules" that PG have nothing to do with, thing that exist just in your heads?

You wrote your own admission and I do hope that PG investigates this. Do you have any damn idea what kind of door you are opening to all sorts trolls and grievers if this kind of behaviour is let to spread? Club, convoy, invite, appeal to some sort of moral code, that's all it would take.

What are you thinking? Are you thinking?

Originally Posted by: StatelyPurse8 Go to Quoted Post

I first thought this thinking was backwards but now I can see the justification. For guys like you, it just feels like a hollow win when players get their points from dirty tricks. It's like being on a football/soccer team and winning the championship because your teammates took steroids. Not much of a victory there, is it?

How horrible, and after all that, how history will remember the winners and... well there are two teams but I have never seen discussion how some team lost but with +40 style points over last year loser who lost with +60 style points and maybe they were better losers and then someone brings into discussion losers from 1968 and big controversy if they lost with +70 or even +80 style points. Discussion like that doesn't exist where I live but I don't know, maybe that's just a local thing.

Originally Posted by: StatelyPurse8 Go to Quoted Post

At the expense of sounding like a "no fun allowed" guy, the Trial is supposed to be a challenge where you use your best racing skills and ability to outrace the unbeatable AI. It's like the creme de la creme of Festival Playlist events. And no, the AI pulling cheap stuff at times is not an excuse. Unbeatable AI isn't that difficult to beat with practice and dedication. If you can't pass and beat unbeatables cleanly, time for you to git gud.

Years ago there was this someone who took racing games very seriously, had racing helmet and all. At first I thought it was a joke but then it turned out that maybe it wasn't a joke.

It was a bit of a shock, I admit. But then the whole internet thing connecting a lot of people with different thoughts and things. It was one of those moments when I thought about if I necessarily wanted to know about it. Then I came to think that it's like different strokes to different folks. In the end he didn't pushed that stuff on anyone else, it was just his thing. No harm done.

How little I knew back then. Today who knows if there's some old dude out there who dresses up as Cortana when he plays Horizon. Come to think of it, maybe that's how the Real Men play the game. All cool as long as I don't need to deal with it on official forum. It's isn't "No fun allowed" thing, which may rise some eyebrows though, as this is game for kids that older folks can play too. It's "Creepy" thing I don't want anything to do with.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 6:26:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sharky Reynolds Go to Quoted Post
Getting three stars on any speed zone of your choosing isn't too much to ask for, even for a Bugatti Chiron. However, of all the challenges to force on a Bugatti Chiron, getting three stars on the Strathbridge Speed Zone (a Speed Zone full of corners) is just idiotic. It may be one of the fastest cars in the world, but even fully upgraded handles turns about as well as a bus. Whoever came up with that idea, please demote them to oral sanitation of the building's toilets. Frankly, it would be best to never create challenges that require getting three stars in a specific speed zone using a only specific car in the future.


I've pretty much given up on that challenge. The car just slows down for some reason at the last turn even though it's downhill and I'm at full throttle. Tried every tune there was and after about 2.5 hours of pure rage and frustration I just gave up. I only play what's necessary to get the new cars anyway and I don't need forza points so badly that I'm willing to put up with that kind of garbage.

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#61 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 6:42:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sharky Reynolds Go to Quoted Post
Getting three stars on any speed zone of your choosing isn't too much to ask for, even for a Bugatti Chiron. However, of all the challenges to force on a Bugatti Chiron, getting three stars on the Strathbridge Speed Zone (a Speed Zone full of corners) is just idiotic. It may be one of the fastest cars in the world, but even fully upgraded handles turns about as well as a bus. Whoever came up with that idea, please demote them to oral sanitation of the building's toilets. Frankly, it would be best to never create challenges that require getting three stars in a specific speed zone using a only specific car in the future.


I've pretty much given up on that challenge. The car just slows down for some reason at the last turn even though it's downhill and I'm at full throttle. Tried every tune there was and after about 2.5 hours of pure rage and frustration I just gave up. I only play what's necessary to get the new cars anyway and I don't need forza points so badly that I'm willing to put up with that kind of garbage.



Go uphill, not downhill
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 7:26:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DrunkenGator Go to Quoted Post

Doing the Playground Games, I decided to be a bit different and built up the HDT Commodore. This turned out to be a BAD idea, as it bogged down pretty bad in the sand. Doubly so when slowed down in King. Couldn't get it up past 10 mph for a while. Got lucky and the opposing team either lagged out or quit.


I had opposite experience with HDT Commodore. I don't remember for sure but I think I didn't wasted much PI to tyres, perhaps made stocks a bit wider. Perhaps that might be it?

Won event on first try. We were 5 in Blue vs 6 in Red but it was actually very good game. Even we won first 2 rounds straight Infected and King, players in opposing team didn't started to quit before round 2 was closing and it was clear they weren't going to win. One diehard player in opposing team kept trying on capture the flag that was next. I was just guarding goal as we were defenders on first round, somebody has to, but I admire that attitude. Sometimes you can tell, not very high level player playing pretty good game, learning the map and its tricks.


I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best at tuning, and I tend to take suggestions from plugging my stats into ForzaTuner and experimenting from there. My best guess is either the tires robbing me of PI (like you suggested) or I made a mess of the gearing. But you can't learn if you don't mess up on occasion, right? ETA: Yeah, I had street tires on it, not stock. Dropped those back down and retuned. Drives a lot better not.

Also, your PG sounds very similar to mine. We started 6 v 6, the other side lost one during Infected, more dropped out during and after King. Wound up with a 6 v 1 in Flag whom I have to give props to the person for sticking around and having a good time.

Also editing to add I put 2 of my pre-tuned GT-R Blacks up in the AH for the bare minimum. One for 6 hours, one for 12. I'll put the third and final one up sometime Monday afternoon Eastern US time. Since I didn't want to sell just some bland cars, I took a hand at some basic decals. (I will post it in the proper place as well, but I wanted to show it off here too.)
A Black-on-Black Gt-R Black...
Kind of basic, but it's at least a little something, eh?

Edited by user Sunday, February 23, 2020 8:02:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Add more info and to avoid double-posting.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#63 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 3:23:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sharky Reynolds Go to Quoted Post
Getting three stars on any speed zone of your choosing isn't too much to ask for, even for a Bugatti Chiron. However, of all the challenges to force on a Bugatti Chiron, getting three stars on the Strathbridge Speed Zone (a Speed Zone full of corners) is just idiotic. It may be one of the fastest cars in the world, but even fully upgraded handles turns about as well as a bus. Whoever came up with that idea, please demote them to oral sanitation of the building's toilets. Frankly, it would be best to never create challenges that require getting three stars in a specific speed zone using a only specific car in the future.


I've pretty much given up on that challenge. The car just slows down for some reason at the last turn even though it's downhill and I'm at full throttle. Tried every tune there was and after about 2.5 hours of pure rage and frustration I just gave up. I only play what's necessary to get the new cars anyway and I don't need forza points so badly that I'm willing to put up with that kind of garbage.



****
Code Tune BUGATTI CHIRON: 112 967 363
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#64 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 4:03:11 AM(UTC)
nm

Edited by user Monday, February 24, 2020 4:05:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#65 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 5:23:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sharky Reynolds Go to Quoted Post
Getting three stars on any speed zone of your choosing isn't too much to ask for, even for a Bugatti Chiron. However, of all the challenges to force on a Bugatti Chiron, getting three stars on the Strathbridge Speed Zone (a Speed Zone full of corners) is just idiotic. It may be one of the fastest cars in the world, but even fully upgraded handles turns about as well as a bus. Whoever came up with that idea, please demote them to oral sanitation of the building's toilets. Frankly, it would be best to never create challenges that require getting three stars in a specific speed zone using a only specific car in the future.

I've pretty much given up on that challenge. The car just slows down for some reason at the last turn even though it's downhill and I'm at full throttle. Tried every tune there was and after about 2.5 hours of pure rage and frustration I just gave up. I only play what's necessary to get the new cars anyway and I don't need forza points so badly that I'm willing to put up with that kind of garbage.

I think I've always done it uphill rather than downhill. I don't want to run the game up right now to see if it's faster that way or not, but it might be worth you trying it uphill. I got 3 stars on the speed zone with about 10mph to spare on my 2nd try with my S2 tune. I'm not saying that in the sense of "if I can do that, everyone should be able to do it", as I know that's not true, I'm just saying there's quite a big margin for people slower than me to still be able to do it. When you say the car slows down, do you have traction control on?
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#66 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 7:08:33 AM(UTC)
I think I have done that speed zone uphill. I had TCS disabled. I had a S2 upgraded but not tuned Chiron, and I had quite a few mph to spare as well.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#67 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 7:15:17 AM(UTC)
I did that speed zone uphill and tune was just slapped together, nothing anyone else can do themselves and was actually not meant for grip - max parts, turn down aero a bit, put some camber, set gear ratio and transfer more power to front with differential, as default has way too much power to the back and makes car slide. I usually run with 65% to back (55% offroad) and 2-3° camber. Here is also room to play with toe in/out, to make it a bit more stabile and get some proper turn in. Driven with keyboard, only assist used is ABS. Good luck
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#68 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 8:09:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DrunkenGator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DrunkenGator Go to Quoted Post

Doing the Playground Games, I decided to be a bit different and built up the HDT Commodore. This turned out to be a BAD idea, as it bogged down pretty bad in the sand. Doubly so when slowed down in King. Couldn't get it up past 10 mph for a while. Got lucky and the opposing team either lagged out or quit.


I had opposite experience with HDT Commodore. I don't remember for sure but I think I didn't wasted much PI to tyres, perhaps made stocks a bit wider. Perhaps that might be it?

Won event on first try. We were 5 in Blue vs 6 in Red but it was actually very good game. Even we won first 2 rounds straight Infected and King, players in opposing team didn't started to quit before round 2 was closing and it was clear they weren't going to win. One diehard player in opposing team kept trying on capture the flag that was next. I was just guarding goal as we were defenders on first round, somebody has to, but I admire that attitude. Sometimes you can tell, not very high level player playing pretty good game, learning the map and its tricks.


I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best at tuning, and I tend to take suggestions from plugging my stats into ForzaTuner and experimenting from there. My best guess is either the tires robbing me of PI (like you suggested) or I made a mess of the gearing. But you can't learn if you don't mess up on occasion, right? ETA: Yeah, I had street tires on it, not stock. Dropped those back down and retuned. Drives a lot better not.

Also, your PG sounds very similar to mine. We started 6 v 6, the other side lost one during Infected, more dropped out during and after King. Wound up with a 6 v 1 in Flag whom I have to give props to the person for sticking around and having a good time.


I rarely shared my tunes for games, not because of competitive aspect, but because I needed to learn it the hard way. I played games a bit in league I think I got in level 14 or perhaps even 12 but then I was always playing with random teams and once clubs, players that were really well organised sharing tunes, knew to anticipate each others positions, knew maps well, it was back to rock bottom very fast LOL. But I learned few tricks and can hang on and contribute something in Playlist games even with something outright terrible but those are not tunes I share.

Learning to tune for games by trial and error is what I did. But I guess players expect certain things. Like in Quarry team flag rush making that jump to goal area, at Mud Kickers have torque to deal with pooled water, to keep decent speed stay on power band to shift higher for best acceleration right after clearing that, same is important for Mortimer Gardens though obviously not during winter. Rail Yard... several areas there where players benefit from combination of good acceleration and nimble handling. Bamburgh for me has been about realising that lower class cars tend to be sluggish there, not just for me but for everyone and stop worrying about that. There's lot of room there so for me it has been letting car slide and be loose to do anything but flip over.

Buggies can be a bit different in Bamburgh for what I have seen. One game I remember somehow even these events tend to blur together overtime, we lost either 2 first games straight, won one and lost third, all because of one player in opposing team had amazing tune and was just outrageously good player. It felt like we were racing with C- versus A-class but I don't think there were any cheating involved. I don't know how to build buggy like that but for basics I would test builds for stability, especially VW's upgraded tend to get on two wheels easily and that's practically good buy to any steering LOL

Game compensates a lot of power related aspects of cars and tunes among players and I never figured it out how it works effectively. I found stock Warthog sort of good comparison point for A-class Mud Kickers. As general A-class platform I used '17 Ford Focus RS upgraded to A-800 and stock as comparison point and experimented with different builds built up from lower PI Focus and Fiesta. If I was getting towards performance of '17 Ford Focus I was doing right things and if tune was underperforming I was doing wrong things, so not very scientific LOL

For lower class games I recall Ford Anglia can be pretty decent up to C-class.

Players who play in leagues could tell a lot but for obvious reasons they are not talking. So I hope this helps.

Your GT-R looked nice all right.

Edited by user Monday, February 24, 2020 8:11:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 9:00:45 AM(UTC)
I had no problem with Bugatti speed zone. Went down 1st, turned around and got it going up hill. Winning 4 races with it was a bigger challenge. I really dislike Bugatti overall. They are terrible to drive. I Guess one of the metrics they're trying to improve on is time spent in game since a lot of people probably drop in to knock out the playlist and then dip. For me, it has the opposite effect. Creating a challenge where you have to win 4 races in a terrible car makes me not want to waste another second with the game. If you want people to spend more time with the game, come up with something enjoyable.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#70 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 9:13:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RED RIDER NL Go to Quoted Post
I had no problem with Bugatti speed zone. Went down 1st, turned around and got it going up hill. Winning 4 races with it was a bigger challenge. I really dislike Bugatti overall. They are terrible to drive. I Guess one of the metrics they're trying to improve on is time spent in game since a lot of people probably drop in to knock out the playlist and then dip. For me, it has the opposite effect. Creating a challenge where you have to win 4 races in a terrible car makes me not want to waste another second with the game. If you want people to spend more time with the game, come up with something enjoyable.


I made a track to do 261 mph, and I made the Ai go a bit further around the course, but I also decided to win the 4 races on the same track as well. Usually I do proper races, but the traffic was impossible on Solo mode to do 261 mph.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#71 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 9:32:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sharky Reynolds Go to Quoted Post
Getting three stars on any speed zone of your choosing isn't too much to ask for, even for a Bugatti Chiron. However, of all the challenges to force on a Bugatti Chiron, getting three stars on the Strathbridge Speed Zone (a Speed Zone full of corners) is just idiotic. It may be one of the fastest cars in the world, but even fully upgraded handles turns about as well as a bus. Whoever came up with that idea, please demote them to oral sanitation of the building's toilets. Frankly, it would be best to never create challenges that require getting three stars in a specific speed zone using a only specific car in the future.

I've pretty much given up on that challenge. The car just slows down for some reason at the last turn even though it's downhill and I'm at full throttle. Tried every tune there was and after about 2.5 hours of pure rage and frustration I just gave up. I only play what's necessary to get the new cars anyway and I don't need forza points so badly that I'm willing to put up with that kind of garbage.

I think I've always done it uphill rather than downhill. I don't want to run the game up right now to see if it's faster that way or not, but it might be worth you trying it uphill. I got 3 stars on the speed zone with about 10mph to spare on my 2nd try with my S2 tune. I'm not saying that in the sense of "if I can do that, everyone should be able to do it", as I know that's not true, I'm just saying there's quite a big margin for people slower than me to still be able to do it. When you say the car slows down, do you have traction control on?


This speed zone gets easier to beat if you straighten out the corners.

Before making your speed run, slow down a little and knock down all of the stone and fence barriers.. If you avoid straying too far from the ends of the zones, those barriers will remain out of your way. I finally did a 145.59 after straightening out the racing line so you should be able to beat the 135.0 goal whether you decide to run uphill or downhill..

BTW, I was running with a Don Joewon Song tune from 9/26/19.



BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
Microsoft Xbox Series X
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#72 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 10:20:29 AM(UTC)
I thank PG for reminding me this week just how overrated modern Bugatti's are, they have been absolutely shocking to drive throughout the series, right from the 1st Veyron in FM3.

Dull, boring sounding engines, poor steering and AWD, they are the worst cars for me to drive in any game because I lose interest in concentrating almost immediately.

I think I would find that Nissan Sunny that Top Gear set on fire years ago with a dragster for how supposedly bland it was more interesting and engaging than any modern day Bugatti.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#73 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 11:25:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
I thank PG for reminding me this week just how overrated modern Bugatti's are, they have been absolutely shocking to drive throughout the series, right from the 1st Veyron in FM3.

Dull, boring sounding engines, poor steering and AWD, they are the worst cars for me to drive in any game because I lose interest in concentrating almost immediately.

I think I would find that Nissan Sunny that Top Gear set on fire years ago with a dragster for how supposedly bland it was more interesting and engaging than any modern day Bugatti.


X-class Veyron can be very fun PR stunt car for some Playlist events and Forzathon Live. Lot's of power, I once 3starred S-Bends Drift Zone with it during Forzathon Live, sort of hilarious. I have read that Chiron can be fun like that too. I don't like neither Veyron or Chiron as racers, but they have their uses. :-P

Divo is pretty okay though, IMO.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#74 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 12:09:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
I used to do the Trial numerous times to help others but of late i've stopped.

Firstly i hate wallriders and there seem to be a lot of them and secondly the "i'll just ram you" idiots top it for me.

I've said it once before and i'll say it again.

The Trial should have the same penalties apply as in other non- Trial races ie: wallriders get a slowdown penalty and rammers get a slowdown penalty.

I like to race clean and i'm sure others do as well but it just ruins it competitively when below average drivers do the above.

It's getting to a point where i have deliberately thrown races when the majority race dirty. Nothing gets under my skin more than someone else profiting of your clean skills whilst they show absolutely no respect back.

BTW - before someone quotes rules, there is nothing under the rules that says i should help dirty drivers win a race.


My first try yesterday, my team was like that. I could have dragged the team to a win but I just stopped and made us lose, because it was all the other players deserved. I would rather lose than help people like that too. I don't need the reward car or the credits, I play for enjoyment, not to help people who don't deserve it.


There is no rule regarding quitting Trial by exiting the event but slowing down / stopping and purposely giving Drivatar team points, is effectively same as hindering them by ramming. And you talk about how you don't need to do this to begin with because you have everything or you don't care.

There is one player type I don't like, it's player who drives the prize car and rams every other player, so other won't get that prize car. Happens rarely but I have seen it happen couple of times. And now you are here touting here how you are sabotaging other players race, even though not actively being aggressive, but effectively making other players lose because you don't like they way they play the game according to some sort of "moral rules" that PG have nothing to do with, thing that exist just in your heads?

You wrote your own admission and I do hope that PG investigates this. Do you have any damn idea what kind of door you are opening to all sorts trolls and grievers if this kind of behaviour is let to spread? Club, convoy, invite, appeal to some sort of moral code, that's all it would take.

What are you thinking? Are you thinking?
Reading this sudden debate on wallriding in Trials reminds me of a story that happened in fourth grade Spanish class. Maybe sharing a non-Forza example might help put things into context.

So in my Spanish class, we were playing this team game where one person from each team would pick up pictures scattered around the classroom and match them to words. One of my teammates was whispering answers to the guy who was currently up. The teacher heard it and asked if she should take off points from my team. I agreed even though the whisperer was on my team because that was cheating.

It's been established that wallriding is cheap and dirty not just for Forza but for any racing game, hence Playground Games patching it. While I won't blow a gasket or deliberately sabotage my team for driving dirty, I also won't show any gratitude if we got carried by someone's wallriding.

Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 12:35:57 PM(UTC)
Having a grievance for a player, and then taking it out on the whole team can be judged by evolution which we are a part of. A species that hinders the survival of the fittest due to grievance would go extinct. These games exist, because we are following the rules of evolution, and we enjoy the games, because our brains are in tune with evolution, we want to become the best at a game, because we want to exist as the 'fittest'.

Most of psychology comes from nature, and so you can judge it from nature. the ruling of this situation to punish the team goes against nature, and so it is wrong.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error