This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<23456PrevNext
#76 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 9:52:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
I think having a PC and Xbox may provide some protection. I do a PC sync after each update. I figure if it loses the Xbox copy the one from PC can be used. Not sure.

or you increase the opportunities to have a sync issue ...

Sync always consider latest version, from the very moment you start a sync on a platform it becomes the latest version. My guess is that if it fails on one platform, the save from the other one will be considered as old and overwritten by the reset version created from the first sync issue.

I have not read anything yet that could be, up to me, an option to mitigate the issue. I just read that 'Retry' is the button you should never ever click on if an issue happens.

I logged a ticket for requesting any recommendations from support to anticipate such event, still no feedback weeks after log and my support account looks closed ...
#77 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 12:12:44 AM(UTC)
Perhaps it depends on how easy it is to start the game offline. With my older games on PC and Playstation 3 it was easy to make backup saves but I can understand why the program makers would not want users to have this facility.

One of my neighbours has a 12 year old who loved coming round to my house, playing with my games and selling some of my best cars. When I got an XBox One X, I kept my old XBox One and now alternate betweeen the two consoles. It's certainly some comfort knowing that I always have a fairly recent good backup on the other console and whilst I've never had to test it on FH4, it has definitely worked and been useful with other games.

2 users liked this post.
#78 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:06:12 AM(UTC)
My game just had its moment.
For two days now I was getting error syncing on start of game sync, but when hit retry it worked ok.
Today I was greeted with:

and then I was looking at this for an hour

canceled it and went offline, where I was greeted with first login name selection -> alt tab closed the game
Restarted PC and again fired up Forza, where I was asked what save I want: todays from PC or yesterdays from cloud.
Picked cloud and after 15 or so min

one hour later it was on 99% and again thrown me an error it couldn't sync. Pushed retry button and it started at 99%, in one min it was done and I was in game with all my stuff. :)
So for now no need to use the backup.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
 1 user liked this post.
#79 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2020 6:29:04 AM(UTC)
I played forza on my pc ,but when i logged on the xbox it was the wrong sync data.I lost all my things that i did in 3 days.Please help me get my sync back
#80 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 9:45:04 PM(UTC)
Dear Support!
I've recently changed PC components and reinstalled Windows 10. Logged into my MS account and downloaded Forza Horizon 4.
After it synced, it yet puts me into a totaly new progression... Have my local save files on SSD, Tried to copy them to the new location I know ("Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe").
Please restore my original progress, was working last time on 2020. March. 15.

P.s.: I can't even submit an offical ticket, since the support page always loggs me off automaticaly, not able to log in properly.
#81 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 5:05:12 AM(UTC)
Ok I've tried reinstall the full game, synced about ~80!! minutes from somewhere (Didn't even asked me)..
I know the situation is not so bright now, so I'm patient. But PLEASE, any offical repply about how to restore it.
Once it's working with my real process, finally I'm able to buy the DLCs.
#82 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2020 7:33:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post
My game just had its moment.
For two days now I was getting error syncing on start of game sync, but when hit retry it worked ok.
Today I was greeted with:
https://i.imgur.com/uFhdOcd.png
and then I was looking at this for an hour
https://i.imgur.com/spQS0Ff.png
canceled it and went offline, where I was greeted with first login name selection -> alt tab closed the game
Restarted PC and again fired up Forza, where I was asked what save I want: todays from PC or yesterdays from cloud.
Picked cloud and after 15 or so min
https://i.imgur.com/j1s636t.png
one hour later it was on 99% and again thrown me an error it couldn't sync. Pushed retry button and it started at 99%, in one min it was done and I was in game with all my stuff. :)
So for now no need to use the backup.

got first two screen today. First time that sync fail. I'm afraid that if i close now the sync, i could lost all saves. I hope that i could sync later...
In any case i got a backup save (got even a older one from 5 days ago) from pc and hope that will work if cloud sync shold fail again...

EDIT: backup saves, launched off-line, restart pc, launch FH4, re-sync with cloud saves, around 15 min of sync and for today it start. So yes, it works. Thanks.

Edited by user Friday, March 20, 2020 9:02:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#83 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 8:11:34 AM(UTC)
Well, looks like my 1500h save is gone, support says it can't help.
Microsoft/Xbox get your sh*t together, something simple and important as a game save should be handled better.
I'm gonna take it as a sign to stop playing FH4, 1500h is enough, but it leaves a bad taste to end it like that.
Bye.
#84 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 12:54:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Qrazza Go to Quoted Post
Well, looks like my 1500h save is gone, support says it can't help.

Omg... You're right. What did they say?.... Not even compensating?
[Mod Edit - profanity is prohibited - MM] This could ruin the WHOLE game. So did for us...

Edited by user Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:49:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#85 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 3:26:22 AM(UTC)
Support wrote:
Unfortunately, there is no back up of the save. Once its corrupted or overwritten, you will need to start over.

I don't know how they would compensate me. Give they all my cars back? What about my game progress (races, bonus bords, etc.)?
Or do they just give you Credits?
I had like 16000 Forzathon points and over 400 Mio. Credits. There is a point in the game when these things become useless, even 1 Billion Credits as compensation will be useless after you bought all the cars in the shop for like 300 Mio., the rest of the credits will be 'just there', because you can't spend that much in the game and you still get credits through wheelspins, races, etc.
And what about rare cars and stuff? I spend like 20h in the Eleminator, a game mode I don't really like, just to get the GT3 PO and the Mercury.

As I said, I take it as a sign to stop playing.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:51:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#86 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 10:25:02 AM(UTC)
So much for "XBox Experts"
28.5 HOURS spent on 5 TRIES. Always stucking at this on live chat request:

Talk to a person
We are experiencing higher than normal wait times. Thanks for your patience. You're still in line for chat.
Your current position in line is: 2

So I just filed an EU Customer Protection File against Microsoft.
No help Here, No Help There....
#87 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2020 3:49:56 PM(UTC)
So i was playing Forza horizon 4, it was a normal day just driveing around. next day when i went playing forza horizon 4, when i was loading in the game i was shocked, becase i was lvl 0 and had only 100 000 money, and all my cars ware gone like my account was restarted. So if u please can restore my account , Help me please !!!!
#88 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 7:05:54 PM(UTC)
Omega22242 I had the same problem :(((. All of my stuff is gone and I can't get it back. Please Microsoft if you guys had a solution. I have spent many hours on that game and got really good cars now just to see it has all disappeared! I am so annoyed :(.
#89 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 6:56:31 AM(UTC)
Recently my desktop crashed and I was unable to collect any data still on it..
Is there a way to get back my already bought and played game of Forza horizon 4?
I am able to login to Xbox live(on PC) but in the microsoft store is just the option to buy onother one
Thanks for any help in advance
#90 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2020 9:13:04 AM(UTC)
Hello. I entered the game after several months of absence. At the entrance, a window appeared asking what kind of saving to choose: which is on the computer or in the cloud. I chose in the cloud. And for some reason, progress has been completely reset there. I'm not sure, but I think that you need to choose the save that is on the PC. What should I do? How to change the save to what is on the PC itself?
#91 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 11:59:21 AM(UTC)
Well, add me to the list. Game was working fine until today. No prior crashes, sync issues or unexpected shut downs of the game / system but I got greeted with the 'The Forza Horizon 4 profile you're trying to load is no longer available E:47-0' error.

Rampant searching online only brought forward disappointing results. I've still not cleared my local save, though I never backed up a good copy in the first place but I have next to no hope in expecting justified support from MS or the game devs.
#92 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 8:50:01 AM(UTC)
all progress is gone all 250+ cars and houses, everything. Game sync was long and restarted 1/2 way through. what di I do now???
#93 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 3:20:23 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - please translate your text before posting; all posts must be in English - MM]

Edited by user Saturday, April 11, 2020 9:23:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#94 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 5:38:08 PM(UTC)
Ok, I was loading into Forza Horizon 3 and my Xbox just randomly shut off. So when I loaded back in I had to restart the game
#95 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2020 5:22:36 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - please translate your text before posting; all posts must be in English only - MM]

Edited by user Thursday, April 30, 2020 9:00:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#96 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 2:26:09 AM(UTC)
I had over 12 Million of credits and bought a Rimac from auction house for 2.6 mil. After that, I played a Forzathon event. I noticed that my credit has 2.7 mil left, which should be 9.8.
#97 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 4:56:53 AM(UTC)
i had nearly 200 levels in game but when i open the game last time i saw my all levels were gone. thank god it was just levels, i still got my cars and everything but i am curious about what happend.
#98 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2020 9:41:13 PM(UTC)
At first the game couldnt jus wouldnt load , after that i lost all my game files. . spent all day trying to figure it out and i cannot get my saved file back from the cloud .

[Mod Edit - profanity removed, see Forza Support for Enforcement Guidelines - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, May 5, 2020 4:20:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#99 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 1:43:00 PM(UTC)
I logged into FH4 yesterday and my game had been reset back to at least a week ago. I have lost three rare cars that I worked hard to get and progress, my setting were also reset to what they were a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if its just a new bug from the update or one that has been happening for some time but it's the first time I have experienced this.
#100 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2020 4:07:56 PM(UTC)
I had forza for pc and xbox one i deleted the game on my pc due to preformance issues and reinstalled it and it deleted all my progress and assets in the game my friends can still see my old profile and level but i started it up and have to restart the whole game i was told i can get the save back through here thank you.
6 Pages<<23456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error